Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,813 members, 7,806,283 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

Can I Do Masters In Econometrics - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can I Do Masters In Econometrics (1980 Views)

Can I Do Masters Straight With A 2.2 In Physics? / I Graduated With 2.2,can I Have My Masters In Canada? / What Can I Do With Masters In Public Health (mph) Degree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Do Masters In Econometrics by phatmukoro: 5:32pm On Nov 15, 2010
i am a graduate of law , but i want to do a Masters Programme in Econometrics. Do you think any UK University will admit me or any foreign university at all.
Re: Can I Do Masters In Econometrics by jaybee3(m): 5:34pm On Nov 15, 2010
hmmmmm
It's like having an accountancy degree and wanting to get a MSc in Engineering.

You simply don't have the pre-requisite knowledge Sir/Ma
Re: Can I Do Masters In Econometrics by tkb417(m): 5:52pm On Nov 15, 2010
im not saying you will fail even if miraculously they admit you but u'll be a genius to pull through

i did econs in first degree and i can remember what that useless course did to me

sleepless nights and plenty 'agberugbeso' but still i got a 50C shocked shocked shocked shocked

i hate the course mehn
Re: Can I Do Masters In Econometrics by Odunnu: 6:46pm On Nov 15, 2010
Whats really the appeal in Econometrics as a law graduate?
I advice people to broaden their chances, as in,i'm a graduate of Accountancy and i'm running an MBA in business management(same faculty,different departments).It gives me an edge professionally. Now,it'l do you a whole lot better (including time and money)picking a masters course thats related to your field than jumping headlong into a course you lack foundation.
Re: Can I Do Masters In Econometrics by SanFranc(m): 8:02pm On Nov 15, 2010
I think you are just in love with the name ''econometrics'' without actually checking what the course entails. Most graduates of economics would attest to the fact that econometrics is one of the most difficult courses in that department.

I am very sure your grasp of mathematics is at the lowest level, pls dont dabble into what you can't and won't finish.
Re: Can I Do Masters In Econometrics by AjanleKoko: 11:09am On Nov 16, 2010
Do you think the sound of the word will endear you to employers?
keep it simple bro. Naija aint that hard.
Reminds me of one dude I went to school with, who did engineering, and was talking about doing a masters in mathematical physics (the name sounded tough to him).
He ended up doing ICAN undecided
Re: Can I Do Masters In Econometrics by Redfox(m): 5:09pm On Nov 17, 2010
an LLB does not qualify u and besides how good are u in economic theory,statistics and mathematics? a honest answer will help.
Re: Can I Do Masters In Econometrics by Wilife: 7:00pm On Dec 02, 2010
Econometrics with a Law degree,

Please, do ur research as others have commented.

I do not know any school that will admit u.

If there is any, u may want to check d name, rating and certification,

(1) (Reply)

Junior Oil & Gas, Drilling, Petroleum, Pipeline Engineers (less Than 5 Yrs Exp) / Apply Now: National Petroleum Construction Company ( NPCC) Job Vacancy / How To Get The Seaman's Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.