Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,346 members, 7,780,923 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:34 AM

Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili (20924 Views)

The Senate Without Dora Akunyili / Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter / Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by chuks87(m): 9:39am On Nov 16, 2010
It is really funny, Madam want to disunited d united people bearing d Green-White-Green colour of our great nation. naija stands 4 nigeria n wat is wrong in giving ur country a pet name to show off ur pride n respect?
Ask glo,etisalat, tuface et al. Madam, u are only trying to add more yoke to d already existn burdens 9ja youths. Na wa 4 u oooo!!!
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by redsun(m): 9:39am On Nov 16, 2010
Fcking knob-head.Imagine what bothers when they are busy stealing our resources with hundreds of naijans dying everyday as a result of their gross recklessness.
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Michael13(m): 9:40am On Nov 16, 2010
u knw one common problem with politicians or we 'naijerians' it is that we force ourselves to be noticed be it good or bad.

but this one, this is totally rubbish sad angry

fold ma hand,raised an eyebrow and stamping ma foot impatiently
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by abioila(m): 9:42am On Nov 16, 2010
What a pity!madam dora,we've heard u.u re stil alive.NAIJA 4 LYF.I RIPIT NAIJA.
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Odunnu: 9:43am On Nov 16, 2010
Loveangel:

I wuld rather nt waste my energy here,dat woman is a big FOOL.since she became a minister wat has she achieved wit her rebrandin Naija bullshhit??instead she is busy givin her daughters away as if we dn't hv eligible bachelors here LOL.she is always pretendin to be who she is not, Assshole.
The bolded made me laff ojare.
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by JBF: 9:52am On Nov 16, 2010
What difference does it make? We called it Nigeria for 50 years and no progress came. With the name ''Naija'', the Nigerian youth now feels and shows more patriotism. Get on the bus madam, no going back on this one.
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by passyjango(m): 9:54am On Nov 16, 2010
Naija is a home grown name. If the minister is for made in Nigeria goods, why is she now rejecting Naija, which is made in Nigeria. She should find something else to do.
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 16, 2010
it's obvious that most of our leaders have run out of ideas on how to run this country.

IMAGINE, of all things to talk about, having a problem with peeps calling nigeria, "naija"!!!

na wa for this country o!! people in power just feel they can come out and say anything they feel like saying and expect all of us to follow em without questions.

it's much better to keep shut if you have nothin meaningful to say than to just talk so that people will remember that you are still around.

all hail, NAIJA.
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by LKRavitz(m): 9:54am On Nov 16, 2010
This Attention seeking old hag, lost in when she left NAFDAC. of all the issues to be adressed. it is the naija thing thats her problem. i beleive she has a thing fro misplaced priorities. of cos we know its Nigeria officailly, no one is trying to change the name of the country u slowpoke!. sometimes i wonder who gives this guys all this prof and Dr titles they are so shallow minded . like our tortise president that has never won an election in his life. buch of maniacs.
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by eldee(m): 9:56am On Nov 16, 2010
Hmmn . . . I also think it's wrong to use the term 'U.S.A'. it's highly offensive and totally derogatory, it's pronounced 'United States of America'. cheesy cheesy

I get the generation gap, but these people need to chill . . . don't they think at all??
The slangs we use are a part of the unifying vocabulary that holds young Nigerians together.

'Jand', 'Las gidi', 'Naij', 'Yankee', 'ABJ', 'V.I' . . . these are words that help you feel connected to other Nigerians, simply because you only know them by growing up in Naij same way people that use 'Cali', 'A-town'and 'QB' obviously had a phase of hiphop culture.
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Emmyk(m): 9:56am On Nov 16, 2010
Foolish and Stupid Woman! I love Naija!!
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Michael13(m): 9:59am On Nov 16, 2010
JBF:

What difference does it make? We called it Nigeria for 50 years and no progress came. With the name ''Naija'', the Nigerian youth now feels and shows more patriotism. Get on the bus madam, no going back on this one.
u just hit d f**king nail on d f**king head man
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 16, 2010
This woman is loosing it

I prefer Naija 2 nigeria anyday
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 16, 2010
Total,unalduterated BS coming from the minister.
Unfortunately that's what you get from incompetent people running our nation.
Let the woman face her real business of covering up the corrupt leaders we have running the country aground,her boss inclusive,and introducing false lingoisms (e.g. rebranding Nigeria) instead of attacking an already established theme.
There's no big dal to the name in the first place.
Why dosn't she condemn the word corruption that seems to follow Nigeria around in the committee of nations these days instead of the indefatigable spirit shown by Naija people in spite of the odds placed on us by her and her stupid ilk:the ruling class/elite?
Anu-ofia.
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by mystikal(m): 10:03am On Nov 16, 2010
Nigeria is too long
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by zoraro(m): 10:04am On Nov 16, 2010
I think it was an impromptu statement she made, after proper thinking she will retract her condemnation.
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by slap1(m): 10:07am On Nov 16, 2010
And it is not offensive to pack our SUPER-SUPER FALCONS on a lorry from the airport like tomato Jos, abi?
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by yek: 10:08am On Nov 16, 2010
oga minister . . . free me . . . na  NAIJA!
u don validate am finally. . .
all togeather . . . NAIJA!!!
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by tredkiller: 10:11am On Nov 16, 2010
The word 'NAIJA' is more patriotic and gives one more sense of belonging as a Nigerian than her useless rebranding Nigeria campaign where billions of Naira was wasted without any positive effects. I am proud to be a Naija and madam Rebranding can go to blazes for all I care. Nigeria was originally a european christening, its a name that should be dropped. Take a cue from Burkina Faso and  Ghana - (Upper Volta and Gold Coast).  I am ashamed Naija still retains the name Nigeria.
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by nadneth: 10:13am On Nov 16, 2010
Used to luv Dora when she was NAFDAC boss,but these days seeing her makes me sick. Madam rebranding if you've Nigeria @ heart as u claim here are a few questions 4 u:
(1)why do u buy ur clothes/shoes abroad wen we have Aba shoes/clothes?
(2) why did u give out ur daughters to foreigners wen we have eligible bachelors around?
(3)why did all ur children school abroad wen we hv 'good' schools in nigeria.
HYPOCRITES!
Calling nigeria 'Naija' is the least of our problems now. Is it not better we discard the name nigeria and adopt 9ja if that'll put food on our table,reduce unemployment,give us constant electricity,good roads,better education,security of lives and properties.
9ja 4 life! Dora go screw urself F.O.O.L.
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by tredkiller: 10:15am On Nov 16, 2010
[size=32pt]SAY YES TO NAIJA AND NO TO NIGERIA[/size]
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Bishopking: 10:16am On Nov 16, 2010
she (Akunyili) needs to apologize on this. What the hell! Do they  (she and her colleagues in the government) think that they own the country? Why this colonial mentality? Is it even not about time we changed the name of the country? Afterall a 'hooker' named us Nigeria! If she is so proud of nigeria, then why is she not bearing at least a Nigerian first name? Why was she thankful that she won American visa lottery? Why are her kids marrying americans? madam hypocrite!
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by normac: 10:16am On Nov 16, 2010
Honestly, used to be a fan of this woman, but evr since she became minister of info, she's been acting a right tool, na dat one be our problem now? Abi na the Naija wey we dey talk dey make NAIJA bad? The mumu should find better ways to earn her salary abeg. KMT
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 16, 2010
Sorry Ma but I personally see nothing wrong with the word Naija. When I use it,it is with a great sense of patrotism,pride and strong belief in my country and resilient spirit of my countrymen.

PROUDLY NAIJA !!!
NAIJA 4 LIFE !!!

PS: Easy on d tirade n insults peeps,the older generation rarely understand our slangs and they are yet to comprehend the unshakable patrotism of this generation despite all the ills their generation have thrown on us n our dearest Naija.
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by KnowAll(m): 10:18am On Nov 16, 2010
[size=24pt]Akinyuli - SICK WOMAN[/size]  
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by LKRavitz(m): 10:19am On Nov 16, 2010
@ tredkiller Mauritania is a sovereign state . what u meant  to say was that burkina Faso was formerly known as Upper Volta and Ghana was Gold coast. let get our facts right ok.  have a nice day.
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by tredkiller: 10:23am On Nov 16, 2010
^^^^^
Thanks Kravitz for the correction, I've amended my post
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by bish2(m): 10:24am On Nov 16, 2010
Madam Minister for Mis-information, sorry Information. I guess u shuld rather get busy with other serious issues and leave people to have fun with which ever way they feel adressing our beloved country after all calling USA yankee or UK jd has not diminished their rep. No one send you to live a boring life because u wan become prof. For ur info my name na Karperskey Naija.

LET SOMEBODY SHOUT NAIJA!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by shogi: 10:25am On Nov 16, 2010
I don't know what her problem is, Nigeria instead of Naija, she should start by bearing Dorathy instead of Dora.
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Mobinga: 10:26am On Nov 16, 2010
Is this her Job? Daft Punk
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 16, 2010
I personally don't like the word 'Naija' too.I believe it was coined by some motor park touts in Lagos (no offence though).Unfortunately I am almost getting caught up with it.ThankGod somebody pointed out its offensive nature.
Re: Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili by paraphase(m): 10:30am On Nov 16, 2010
o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Baba Suwe Loses N25M NDLEA Damages Suit / National Assembly Jumbo Salary: Labour To Shut Down The Economy / Osinbajo At The Graduation Ceremony Of Armed Forces Command And Staff College

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.