Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,433 members, 7,808,545 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

Facebook Email - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Facebook Email (6106 Views)

Security Alert: If You Should Receive An Email Titled "Email Alert Notification" / Acute Email Ids Production Engine Latest Version Full / A Nigerian Email Server Needed To Mail Over 5000 Members Of My Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook Email by EXICON(m): 9:51am On Nov 16, 2010
Facebook & Mark Zuckerberg Again!

Facebook.com is set to announce its e-mail system to compete with GMAIL. The project's bin named in house as PROJECT TITAN. It's believed dat this will let u set up an email@facebook.com,which will not only function jst as an e-mail but links up with Facebook's chat&group comments.
Wat a world of ideas&innovations!
Re: Facebook Email by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 16, 2010
nice idea
Re: Facebook Email by Seun(m): 9:55am On Nov 16, 2010
You can get an invite here: http://www.facebook.com/about/messages/
Re: Facebook Email by Afam4eva(m): 11:04am On Nov 16, 2010
Yahoo mail is in trouble. Gmail should watch their back.
Re: Facebook Email by yawatide(f): 11:23am On Nov 16, 2010
Sorry boys but for me, I have enough email addresses. Nothing special about a facebook one. Sure I can forward all to a catch-all address but why?

I will stick with the ones I have, the same ones I have had for over 10 years. More power to them though.
Re: Facebook Email by Afam4eva(m): 11:26am On Nov 16, 2010
yawa-ti-de:

Sorry boys but for me, I have enough email addresses. Nothing special about a facebook one. Sure I can forward all to a catch-all address but why?

I will stick with the ones I have, the same ones I have had for over 10 years. More power to them though.

Wait until you see what they have in stall then you can comment. They are not just creating an email application for the sake of it. They must have something up their sleeves.
Re: Facebook Email by yawatide(f): 1:20pm On Nov 16, 2010
Sure but again, speaking for me, I won't bite. Most likely they will have mashups on there that will enable you to interface all your emails in one place, which IMHO is a very scary deal.

This is what will happen: In order to stir interest, ala gmail style, they will first make it by invitation only thus causing your mouth to water tongue

Again, I am mouthing out loud for myself. Let not my post discourage anyone cool
Re: Facebook Email by DualCore1: 1:25pm On Nov 16, 2010
They took away your privacy, now its good news that they are about to take over your private mail box?
Re: Facebook Email by Hardballer(m): 1:50pm On Nov 16, 2010
Dual Core:

They took away your privacy, now its good news that they are about to take over your private mail box?

. . . smart idea tho
Re: Facebook Email by mykali(m): 2:19pm On Nov 16, 2010
Hmm. . .interesting
Re: Facebook Email by IBEXY(m): 2:38pm On Nov 16, 2010
register your ID before someone else takes it cool
Re: Facebook Email by lordvamon(m): 2:53pm On Nov 16, 2010
nonsense!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Facebook Email by Cactus(m): 3:06pm On Nov 16, 2010
This is very wrong it wont be that successful guaranteed.

Wrongest Move
Re: Facebook Email by roymary: 3:09pm On Nov 16, 2010
Only ignorant people feels everything about Facebook is some freebie,
Re: Facebook Email by r231(m): 3:23pm On Nov 16, 2010
Dual Core:

yup
Re: Facebook Email by ElRazur: 3:34pm On Nov 16, 2010
While I can understand Facebook point of view, I think it is a bit scary to think that they hold very personal information of about 500 million people already, and now they will be holding even more information on us.

Also, the argument can be made that it will attract spammers. I mean, if I am spammed in my email box, it do not bother me, but then Facebook is too personal and the idea of spamming and then possible security breach (hack) is not exactly appealing for me.

It must also be said that there isn't anything particularly new with this whole type of email. Other services in the past attempted similar thing. That is, combining email and other social type of messaging together. 

Time will tell sha.

Personally, I am not keen. I am happy with my current email provider. I guess it will attract the teenager and those who use facebook alot.
Re: Facebook Email by ElRazur: 3:42pm On Nov 16, 2010
afam4eva:

Yahoo mail is in trouble. Gmail should watch their back.

How?

Yahoo is mainly a search engine with revenues from advertising et al. Email is not their main focus. Same thing probably applies to Google. Not only that, Google have their Andriod OS which also happen to be one of the fastest and biggest phone OS out there today.

Facebook will continue to be a Social media outlet first, and if the email is successful, then an email provider second.

The only advantage I see for facebook is that there are already 500 million data that is readily available to them. That is a huge potential market. As to whether this transform to a success remains to be seen. Let's not forget that
Re: Facebook Email by meemee(m): 3:49pm On Nov 16, 2010
wait for facebook to launch it firs before u get excited about it. They hav'nt even announced it yet.
Re: Facebook Email by slap1(m): 4:03pm On Nov 16, 2010
OFF-TOPIC: Um . . . please guys, how can I close my Facebook account? I don tire.
Re: Facebook Email by ElRazur: 4:09pm On Nov 16, 2010
Under account settings, there is an option to deactivate. That's the closest thing you will get to deleting your account.
Re: Facebook Email by slap1(m): 4:26pm On Nov 16, 2010
Thanks, my fellow Gunner!
Re: Facebook Email by comechop(m): 4:52pm On Nov 16, 2010
Misleading heading. Its not 'facebook email'. Check out comments by the founder.

[size=14pt]Confounding rumours about what Facebook would announce, founder Mark Zuckerberg said the system was "not e-mail".

Instead, he said, it was modelled on instant messaging systems and will route messages to people no matter how they are using Facebook.

"It will handle messages across all the ways you want to communicate," said Mr Zuckerberg.

Fast friends
"This is not an e-mail killer," said Mr Zuckerberg. "It is a messaging system that includes e-mail as part of it."
[/size]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-11743524
Re: Facebook Email by estatemark(m): 5:11pm On Nov 16, 2010
Men, can't wait to lay my hands on this service!
Re: Facebook Email by yawatide(f): 5:21pm On Nov 16, 2010
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/15/facebook-email-addresses-_n_783697.html#s182605

Zuckerberg outlined three features that will define Facebook's new offering, which Zuckerberg described as "the way the future should work": Seamless messaging (users can chat with people through whatever medium they choose, be it SMS, email, or IM), conversation history ("see everything you've discussed with each friend as a single conversation"wink, and a social inbox for "filtering exactly the messages you want to see."

"This is not an email killer," Zuckerberg said. "This is a messaging system that includes email as one part of it."

Facebook's latest evolution of Messages ties in multiple forms of communication--SMS, IMs, email--from Facebook and other platforms to allow users to communicate in real-time, on-the-go through whichever messaging tool they prefer. "You decide how you want to talk to your friends: via SMS, chat, email or Messages. They will receive your message through whatever medium or device is convenient for them, and you can both have a conversation in real time," Facebook wrote in a blog post

Facebook will be rolling the product out over the coming months, initially via invite-only. All Facebook users will eventually be offered "@facebook.com" email addresses that match their public usernames, although they will have the option not to have an "@facebook.com" email account.

Facebook's Andrew Bosworth noted, "The system is definitely not email," adding, "We've it modeled more after chat."

Zuckerberg called email "slow" and also emphasized that the new product is "not email." "We don't think modern messaging system will be email," he noted, saying that he believes seven characteristics that we will come to define "next generation" messaging: seamless, informal, immediate, personal, simple, minimal, and short.
Story continues below

See what Messages will look like below.
Re: Facebook Email by sonyvaio(f): 5:48pm On Nov 16, 2010
ElRazur:

How?

Yahoo is mainly a search engine with revenues from advertising et al. Email is not their main focus.

true.

ElRazur:

Not only that, Google have their Andriod OS which also happen to be one of the fastest and biggest phone OS out there today.

true, but google does not make 1 DOLLAR from android

ElRazur:

While I can understand Facebook point of view, I think it is a bit scary to think that they hold very personal information of about 500 million people already, and now they will be holding even more information on us.

It's all in preparation for the ANTICHRIST's reign (the GREAT TRIBULATION)
He needs that information to track and persecute those (believers) left behind. grin

GIVE YOUR LIFE TO CHRIST TODAY!!
Re: Facebook Email by roymary: 6:01pm On Nov 16, 2010
sonyvaio:

It's all in preparation for the ANTICHRIST's reign (the GREAT TRIBULATION)
He needs that information to track and persecute those (believers) left behind.

GIVE YOUR LIFE TO CHRIST TODAY!!

True dat!!! Some will not share same understanding but i'm on the same page with you, Facebook is one badass instrument of destruction. The publicity is unique. FB is not just a freebie for you and I.
Re: Facebook Email by ElRazur: 6:24pm On Nov 16, 2010
sonyvaio:

true, but google does not make 1 DOLLAR from android

Google make money on the OS because their advert mode of business runs on the back of Andriod powered handset.

For example, In game media that are free (Angry Birds) have advert in them powered by Google. So yeah they make money from it, even if part of the OS is "Open source".
Re: Facebook Email by greenhope(m): 7:06pm On Nov 16, 2010
This Facebook guy has taken over the Internet.
Re: Facebook Email by roymary: 7:22pm On Nov 16, 2010
huh
Re: Facebook Email by roymary: 7:24pm On Nov 16, 2010
greenhope:

This Facebook guy has taken over the Internet.

Oh yeah, we all help him achieve that weird goal with our addiction to that weird site and its arrangement, I deactivated by facebook account 1 week ago and hope they encounter a badass Alien Trojan and Worms that will make them lose my information completely.
Re: Facebook Email by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 16, 2010
nice message and progress for the future, new technology are always scare at first

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Download Naijaloaded Wordpress Theme / 5 Best Reasons Why You Should Change Your Domain Name Right Now! / How Do I Delete An Old Post On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.