Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,033 members, 7,807,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

Middle Belt Senetors Jostle For Placement Of Federal University - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Middle Belt Senetors Jostle For Placement Of Federal University (1094 Views)

21 Aspirants Jostle For Kogi Governorship APC Ticket [see Full List Inside] / Retired Generals Jostle For Civil Defence Top Job — Leadership Newspaper / Pdp Loses 6 Senetors To Apc, Labour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Middle Belt Senetors Jostle For Placement Of Federal University by Phate07(m): 12:44pm On Nov 16, 2010

The proposed establishment of a federal university in the middle belt region of the country by the federal government has become
a source of disagreement
amongst Senators from the
region. Senators from Kogi and Nasarawa States, the two likely states to host the proposed university, on Monday, jostled to prove that their respective statesare the best option for the location of the proposed
institution.

While Smart Adeyemi (PDP, Kogi State) urged President Goodluck Jonathan to upgrade the Federal College of Agriculture, Kabba, to a federal university, Abubakar Sodangi (PDP, Nasarawa State) argued that Kogi State is already over populated with federal
government establishments,
stressing that his home state is the best option for the new school.

Both senators addressed Senate correspondents separately in Abuja, on Monday, where they tried to make their case.
www.234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5642611-146/middle_belt_senators_battle_over_proposed.csp?
Re: Middle Belt Senetors Jostle For Placement Of Federal University by cheaphost: 12:50pm On Nov 16, 2010
This one na die. I really don't support the establichment of a federal university in Kogi state as Uni Ilorin is close by. They should take it to Beue state instead.
Re: Middle Belt Senetors Jostle For Placement Of Federal University by homerac7: 1:14pm On Nov 16, 2010
@ cheaphost,

Do u mean benue state?

If yes, u must b an alien not to knw dt a federal university exists there already.

Don't u think by ur logic dt Jos isn't as far frm Lafia as Ilorin frm Lokoja?
Re: Middle Belt Senetors Jostle For Placement Of Federal University by becomrich5: 1:35pm On Nov 16, 2010
homerac7  what nonsense are you talking about, University of jos is close by too. And you also have abuja and minna. And you, to be fair. you have 3 federal universities close to nassarawa state. with less than 40 km, while only 1 close to kogi state student. It would not be fair to place it in nassarawa state.

And idea is, when you look at population and even the satelllite pictures. Kogi state is at least 2 times more populated than Nassarawa state. please ask anyone abroad if my statement is false or true.  It obvious that the universities should be in kogi state.  while bayelsa likely going to get the other, Ekiti state would get the south west. No federal universities in Ekiti state. this is what federal character in the constitution says.

Now I would like to state clearly that the six zone is injustice done to the edo,delta and Yorubas and PDP should cancel thier 6 zone approach.

If you look at the history of nigeria nigeria had 4 region

North
East
West
Mid west.

What the PDP 6 zone system has done is the

North has 3 new zone
East has 2 new zone
West has 0 New zone
Mid west  has -1 zone(minue). cancel

Yes the mid west has -1 zone.   The reason is, The old mid west since they created the so call PDP south south was created has NEVER, I repeat, NEVER got a single project based on the PDP 6 zone system. All the 100%  Project has gone to the OlD Eastern region. It is obvious that the so call south south is the really the Old (COR cross river ogoja river) If you know any project MID WEST has got so far, please name that project. how does zero sound to you.
Re: Middle Belt Senetors Jostle For Placement Of Federal University by homerac7: 2:02pm On Nov 16, 2010
@ becomerich,

Don't make a mistake of imagining dt I take dos ur rubbish satellite pics serious at all. So when next u want to direct talks at me, refrain frm pointing or quoting ur much abused satellite images.

Now d 'nonsense' I Ws talkn abt wld hav made better sense if u comprehend English and logic better. D poster Ws not in support of Kogi state gettn d university because according to him, Ilorin is close. So I followed up on HIS logic, wc I expressed clearly in my post, dt Jos (another university town) is also close to Lafia. Meaning by d logic wt wc he disqualified lokoja, lafia too stands disqualified.

I never opined dt one town or d other should b favoured. Shikena!
Re: Middle Belt Senetors Jostle For Placement Of Federal University by homerac7: 2:08pm On Nov 16, 2010
@ becomerich,

Btw, did u say minna is within 40km of nassarawa? Did u get dt frm ur satellite images too? Now u r seeing part of u I don't take u n ur images serious.
Re: Middle Belt Senetors Jostle For Placement Of Federal University by becomrich5: 2:15pm On Nov 16, 2010
What nonsense are you talking about, here is the satellite picture.

How fair is it to Kogi state?? Kogi state should get the federal universities, look at the picture.

Re: Middle Belt Senetors Jostle For Placement Of Federal University by homerac7: 4:22pm On Nov 16, 2010
@ becomerich,

Please patiently reread all my posts serially and compare ur following responses. After, one thing dt will stand out is dt u don't understand logical sequences. U also confirmed my earlier description of u as just a clown dt can't even rightly interpret d satellite images u so much love to peddle.

Stop acting like olodo. Smart up and show coherence in ur arguments.

Where did u say u schooled again?

(1) (Reply)

Military Raides Imo: Citizens On D Run / $240m Bribery Scam: Efcc Arrests 11 Top Officials Of Foreign Firm: / Phillip Emegweali Finally Exonerated!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.