Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,331 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

Kaigama Replaces Onaiyekan As New Catholic Bishop Of Abuja - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kaigama Replaces Onaiyekan As New Catholic Bishop Of Abuja (16085 Views)

Same-sex Couples: Pope Was Misquoted By Enemies Of D Church - Archbishop Kaigama / Orji Kalu Visits Ignatius Kaigama, Catholic Archbishop Of Abuja (PHOTOS) / Installation Of New Catholic Bishop In Ekwulobia Anambra Amid COVID-19 Pandemic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kaigama Replaces Onaiyekan As New Catholic Bishop Of Abuja by BlackBuhari: 7:54pm On Nov 09, 2019
Pope Francis has ratified the appointment of Archbishop Ignatius Ayau Kaigama as the new Catholic Archbishop of Abuja. This follows the Pope’s acceptance of the retirement of His Eminence, John Cardinal Onaiyekan who clocked the retirement age of 75 on January 29, 2019.

Kaigama on March 11 earlier this year was announced by the Pope, who was represented by Apostolic Nuncio to Nigeria, Archbishop Antonio Guido Filipazzi, in Abuja during the opening ceremony of the first plenary meeting of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of Nigeria (CBCN).

Filipazzi then named Kaigama as the Coadjutor archbishop of Abuja and administrator of Jos archdiocese, where he served as its chief Shepherd in the last 19 years.

The Chancellor of the Catholic Archdiocese, Abuja, Rev. Sebastian Musa, said on Saturday in a letter to the “Clergy, Religious and Lay Faithful” of the Archdiocese that the Pope has approved the retirement of Onaiyekan and ratification of Kaigama with immediate effects.

“The Holy Father, Pope Francis has accepted the retirement of His Eminence, John Cardinal Olorunfemi Onaiyekan as the Archbishop of the Catholic Archdiocese of Abuja and has appointed Archbishop Ignatius Ayau Kaigama as Archbishop of the Catholic Archdiocese of Abuja with effect from this announcement,” Musa said.

Daily Trust reports that Kaigama, who is currently the Apostolic Administrator of the Archdiocese of Jos and immediate past President of the CBCN, is a priest of Jukun origin from Taraba state.

Born on July 31, 1958, Kaigama studied for the priesthood at St. Augustine’s Major Seminary in Jos, and Rome respectively. In 2000, Kaigama was appointed by Pope John Paul II to succeed the late Archbishop Gabriel Ganaka as Archbishop of Jos.

The new Abuja Archbishop Kaigama was ordained on June 6, 1981 and was appointed Bishop of Jalingo by Pope John Paul II, before he was later consecrated as bishop on April 23, 1995.

Some of the diocese leaders in a joint statement thanked God for the gift of John Cardinal Onaiyekan, Archbishop emeritus of Abuja, for his untiring services to the Church and especially for his inspiring leadership in Abuja province. “The Cardinal performed one of his memorable functions in Makurdi yesterday November 8th 2019.

At the 25th priestly anniversary and 5th Episcopal anniversary of Bishop Wilfred Anagbe CMF of Makurdi Diocese, he announced the appointment of Monsignor Stephen Beba as a Papal Chaplain, the first indigenous priest to be appointed as a Monsignor. “And today November 9th 2019 the news of his retirement is received.

This is symbolic. The Cardinal attended St Michael’s Secondary School, Aliade, Benue state, Nigeria and records show that no student has yet surpassed John Onaiyekan’s best record.

Makurdi Diocese must therefore have some special influence in defining everything about Cardinal Onaiyekan from his beginning to the end,” they said in the statement.

Source: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/kaigama-replaces-onaiyekan-as-catholic-bishop-of-abuja.html

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaigama Replaces Onaiyekan As New Catholic Bishop Of Abuja by Smalldick123(m): 7:56pm On Nov 09, 2019
cool FTC ON POINT.
but wait o, so i defeated the number of ppl that viewed this thread to clinch FTC.
i dedicate this space to all guys out there with small dick.
dash me some likes joor it no easy.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kaigama Replaces Onaiyekan As New Catholic Bishop Of Abuja by kestolove95(m): 8:00pm On Nov 09, 2019
His emergency was a palace coup, ingrate

2 Likes

Re: Kaigama Replaces Onaiyekan As New Catholic Bishop Of Abuja by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 09, 2019
God give us priests that will speak for your people and defend your words even in the face of death.priests that will you a tyrant leader in the face and tell him to stop his evil way, a priest that will be a Shepard to your sheep.thanks for the life of Onaiyekan we hope the incoming will do better.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaigama Replaces Onaiyekan As New Catholic Bishop Of Abuja by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 09, 2019
kestolove95:
what do you mean please ?

4 Likes

Re: Kaigama Replaces Onaiyekan As New Catholic Bishop Of Abuja by FatherBona: 9:08pm On Nov 09, 2019
[s]
kestolove95:
[/s]
Peeps like you deserve to have their phones collected and smashed!!!
You so dumb I am beginning to believe every guy on your street is banging your brains out because dumb girls can't say no to guys.
Just get off the internet for 48hrs, you will be fine.
Thank me later

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaigama Replaces Onaiyekan As New Catholic Bishop Of Abuja by warripekin(m): 9:31pm On Nov 09, 2019
Kaigama is a good replacement in fact a perfect choice for the job.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaigama Replaces Onaiyekan As New Catholic Bishop Of Abuja by kestolove95(m): 10:02pm On Nov 09, 2019
FatherBona:

Peeps like you deserve to have their phones collected and smashed!!!
You so dumb I am beginning to believe every guy on your street is banging your brains out because dumb girls can't say no to guys.
Just get off the internet for 48hrs, you will be fine.
Thank me later
just 48hrs? OK am off

5 Likes

Re: Kaigama Replaces Onaiyekan As New Catholic Bishop Of Abuja by Staro: 10:44pm On Nov 09, 2019
Congratulations sir
Re: Kaigama Replaces Onaiyekan As New Catholic Bishop Of Abuja by ifyboy60(m): 11:55pm On Nov 09, 2019
God's wisdom and grace follow u bishop

1 Like

Re: Kaigama Replaces Onaiyekan As New Catholic Bishop Of Abuja by ogbuefi677(m): 12:11am On Nov 10, 2019
God bless the mother church.
Re: Kaigama Replaces Onaiyekan As New Catholic Bishop Of Abuja by Nobody: 12:13am On Nov 10, 2019
Staro:
Congratulations sir

His "Grace", not " sir".

10 Likes

Re: Kaigama Replaces Onaiyekan As New Catholic Bishop Of Abuja by englishmart(m): 4:22am On Nov 10, 2019
Catholic priests are highly respected. Respect is earned though.

12 Likes

Re: Kaigama Replaces Onaiyekan As New Catholic Bishop Of Abuja by Jasen1(m): 4:26am On Nov 10, 2019
Noted
Re: Kaigama Replaces Onaiyekan As New Catholic Bishop Of Abuja by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:27am On Nov 10, 2019
We can only hope for the best.

Catholics have been known for their outspokenness, if not, I don't know how Nigeria will be undecided

12 Likes

Re: Kaigama Replaces Onaiyekan As New Catholic Bishop Of Abuja by tuborme: 5:06am On Nov 10, 2019
May the Holy Spirit not desert you. Amen

4 Likes

Re: Kaigama Replaces Onaiyekan As New Catholic Bishop Of Abuja by Austineva2: 5:40am On Nov 10, 2019
may d holy spirit be with u, guide and direct u as u go on spreading d gospel of d Lord

3 Likes

Re: Kaigama Replaces Onaiyekan As New Catholic Bishop Of Abuja by frozen70g(f): 5:55am On Nov 10, 2019
kestolove95:

Your madness Don enter church matters

Why not keep roaming in the street

4 Likes

Re: Kaigama Replaces Onaiyekan As New Catholic Bishop Of Abuja by notoriousbabe: 6:02am On Nov 10, 2019
kestolove95:
just 48hrs? OK am off
na rest he say make you go rest o,he no ask you to go fok your landlord o

6 Likes

Re: Kaigama Replaces Onaiyekan As New Catholic Bishop Of Abuja by winterfell007(m): 6:20am On Nov 10, 2019
kestolove95:

Why would you type that? Are you in the Pope's mind?
Re: Kaigama Replaces Onaiyekan As New Catholic Bishop Of Abuja by 27Pushing30: 6:42am On Nov 10, 2019
Awol1:

His "Grace", not " sir".
Chai Christians and references

Why exactly is a human called “your grace”?

1 Like

Re: Kaigama Replaces Onaiyekan As New Catholic Bishop Of Abuja by DrChukki: 6:46am On Nov 10, 2019
kestolove95:

Ewu
Re: Kaigama Replaces Onaiyekan As New Catholic Bishop Of Abuja by Nobody: 6:49am On Nov 10, 2019
27Pushing30:

The Catholic church is a church that keeps to apostolic tradition.

A tradition I can't start narrating on nairaland for u.

The question is, does that title affect the faith of the Church negatively? No.

So, kini big deal?

4 Likes

Re: Kaigama Replaces Onaiyekan As New Catholic Bishop Of Abuja by Nobody: 6:51am On Nov 10, 2019
kestolove95:

Palace coup?

If not Kaigama, it would have been who?
Re: Kaigama Replaces Onaiyekan As New Catholic Bishop Of Abuja by pembisco(m): 6:59am On Nov 10, 2019
27Pushing30:

But you Arse nigrr can call a human high Court Judge "My Lord" right?? Hypocrite

10 Likes

Re: Kaigama Replaces Onaiyekan As New Catholic Bishop Of Abuja by Nobody: 7:01am On Nov 10, 2019
pembisco:

But you Arse nigrr can call a human high Court Judge "My Lord" right?? Hypocrite
Dont mind him
Re: Kaigama Replaces Onaiyekan As New Catholic Bishop Of Abuja by 27Pushing30: 7:01am On Nov 10, 2019
pembisco:

Lord (Master) is different from Grace!

Now please answer my question why does a human being get referenced as your grace?
Re: Kaigama Replaces Onaiyekan As New Catholic Bishop Of Abuja by livebyday(m): 7:04am On Nov 10, 2019
kestolove95:
I don't understand what you wrote

1 Like

Re: Kaigama Replaces Onaiyekan As New Catholic Bishop Of Abuja by livebyday(m): 7:08am On Nov 10, 2019
kestolove95:

Why do you do this? You are a Muslim but you come and trigger Christian's on their pages undecided

Come on , spread love not hate

Life is too beautiful to be angry and bitter all the time

4 Likes

Re: Kaigama Replaces Onaiyekan As New Catholic Bishop Of Abuja by 27Pushing30: 7:10am On Nov 10, 2019
Awol1:

The Catholic church is a church that keeps to apostolic tradition.

A tradition I can't start narrating on nairaland for u.

The question is, does that title affect the faith of the Church negatively? No.

So, kini big deal?

The big deal cuts across the catholic faith and into Pentecostal circles.

As a student it irked me see students kneeling to greet a fellow student and referencing him as “Father” (spiritual father)

Now Grace is a strong word ... so what power does this human who at 75 (referencing the article ) will attain retirement age like a civil servant or company employee ) now be referred to as Your GRACE.

Well I’m only asking why sha... what divine power(s) does he have ?

1 Like

Re: Kaigama Replaces Onaiyekan As New Catholic Bishop Of Abuja by Badonasty(m): 7:23am On Nov 10, 2019
So onaiyekan can father kids now àbi
Re: Kaigama Replaces Onaiyekan As New Catholic Bishop Of Abuja by emmyid(m): 7:26am On Nov 10, 2019
kestolove95:
just 48hrs? OK am off

PLEASE, make it 1month. You this Muslim girl on every thread. Come, are you really a lady or another cheap scammer. I smell cat fish account.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bakare Vs Oyedepo, Adeboye, Kumuyi / Brian Deacon Sends A Message To Christians "I Am Not Jesus Christ" / Breaking And Overcoming The Limitation And Storms Of Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.