Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

Ghana: A Contrary View - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana: A Contrary View (34944 Views)

Billboards Of Nigerian President In Ghana A Security Threat / Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary / Obama Visit To Ghana: A Lesson For Nigerian Office Holders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana: A Contrary View by klas(m): 7:20am On Nov 17, 2010
Ghana is not a shining light in anything. Many of u people in Nigeria exaggerate everything about Ghana.

Firstly, we do not have reliable electricity. Most Ghanaians do not own generators simply because we cannot afford it. I live in Accra and there is serious power outrage in most parts of Accra since 2 days now (DOME-KWABENYA-LAPAZ & SCHIMOTA). We enjoy more hours of electricity but our electricity is NOT RELIABLE.

Ghana is not safe as most Nigerians claim. Most white people shun Ghana and much of Africa because of safety. Are you aware that Ghana has over 7,000 refugees in Togo alone? There is serious crisis in Northern part of this country. In my opinion safe countries do not have refugees in other countries, 

Most cities in Nigeria has better road network than Ghana. Accra does not have good road network like Lagos and Abuja.

Ghana does not have good educational system. Most rich Ghanaians send their children to Asia, Europe and America to study. Our educational standard has fallen dramatically. If Ghana has good schools as most of you claim why are we not producing world class scientists? Anytime i check the list of Africas greatest scientists i see a lot of Nigerians but i never see a single Ghanaian?

Why are we not producing world class actors/actresses like Nigeria?

I have heard some Nigerians manufacturing cars and computers, why is there no Ghanaian that can even manufacture wheel barrow? How come over 75% of books used in all Ghanaian schools are written by Nigerian authors? If we have good schools we should be producing great authors like Chinua Achebe??

Ghana is the second largest producer of cocoa in the world, producing over 20% of the world’s cocoa beans. The western African country is also the second largest producer of gold (its former name was Gold Coast) and has huge deposits of industrial diamonds and bauxite (aluminum). Ghana, after 53 years of independence, still has about 4,000 basic schools organized under trees, 5,000 in dilapidated structures, and 7,500 without sanitary facilities.

If you dont know, over 60% of Ghanains poo out doors because of lack of toilet (POVERTY), 55% of Ghanaians are illiterates. In my opinion, no country in West Africa is worthy to be praised, 

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16106:ghana-is-not-better-than-nigeria-at-all&catid=144:unsorted-comments&Itemid=562

For those who are conversant with the nooks and cranies of Ghana, Is this a fair representation?
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Gyanosei1: 11:35pm On Nov 17, 2010
Who ever said that, must have been slow. Ghana is indeed the pace setter for Africa and the shinning light for the rest of Africa. No insult intended. I am just saying it as i see it.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by chyz(m): 11:39pm On Nov 17, 2010
Gyanosei1:

Who ever said that, must have been slow. [b]Ghana is indeed the pace setter for Africa [/b]and the shinning light for the rest of Africa. No insult intended. I am just saying it as i see it.

No wonder Africa is at such a slow pace. sad
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Nobody: 11:50pm On Nov 17, 2010
I have always said that the 'Ghanaian success' has been overblown by Nigerians. Once you leave Accra, you'll be wondering what the fuss is all about.

Even in Accra sef, you'll be wondering why the place doesn't look like Singapore or Tokyo, considering all the hype.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Gyanosei1: 11:57pm On Nov 17, 2010
No wonder Africa is at such a slow pace. Sad

Sorry but is 9ja any better?
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by aljharem(m): 12:04am On Nov 18, 2010
Gyanosei1:

Sorry but is 9ja any better?

i am not ghanian but i agree with u

is the giant of africa better
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Gyanosei1: 12:10am On Nov 18, 2010

is the giant of africa better

Giant?
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by chyz(m): 12:12am On Nov 18, 2010
Gyanosei1:

Giant?
Giant.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Gyanosei1: 12:15am On Nov 18, 2010
;d ;d ;d ;d lmao
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by aljharem(m): 12:21am On Nov 18, 2010
Gyanosei1:

;d ;d ;d ;d lmao

but do not laugh at my country like that angry angry
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Nobody: 12:46am On Nov 18, 2010
We nigerians dont know any word called *PATRIOTISM* thats why people can claim even nepal better than naija, anyway i dont blame them i rather put the shame to our visionless leaders.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Justcash(m): 7:10am On Nov 18, 2010
Ghana is not setting any pace. The country is as backwards as all other west African countries. Ghana is no where close to Nigeria in terms of developmental strides.
Accra is not beautiful. As a matter of fact, Accra is no where close to Abuja in beauty if the capital of Nigeria and Ghana are to be compared. There is still erratic power supply, crime rate is high, economy is "Effed" up, Poverty and illiteracy is high in Ghana,  Lagos alone gat more good roads than Ghana despite all the bad roads in Lagos state etc.

You guys need to stop glorifying Ghana for what it is not. It is these "Ghana is haven" bragging that made me waste my Foreign holiday trip in a smaller Lagos mainland called "Ghana"

Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by otumfour(m): 7:24am On Nov 18, 2010
grin grin grin grin going by that silly article, one need not tell u that dumbo is a Nigerian posing as a Ghanaian or u don't have to be a rocket scientist for u to be able to tell the dumbo is a Nigerian and to think these people (some/most Nigerians) accusing Ghanaian's on this site everyday about how Ghanaians suffer from inferiority complex, yet u people go to the extend of pretending to be Ghanaians on ur numerous sites juz to bring our name down but I say this , "NO MAN CAN CURSE WHAT GOD HAS BLESSED-GHANA" (Ghana might be small but we've achieved so much), I mean is this dude foreal , seriously, lets say wht he put up there is true (which fork naa it ain't) is it gonna stop ur (Nigerian) leaders from looting ur money in broad day light?, is it gonna give u electricity for 24hrs for once in this day and age, I mean we are in 2010 and y'all still suffering from electricity, GIANT OF AFRICA? grin grin grin lmao, I cud go on and on, most of u guys suffer from what I term the "play along pride" or "follow the crowd pride" Nigerians talk,walk and prolly piss in arrogance but when push comes to shove u guyz run like chickens, I mean ur leaders have been raping u guys for how long now?, yet u have the balls to tell Ghanaians they are pussies, you have the balls to tell South Africans they are pussies, hell u even have the balls to call AA'S pussies when these peeps have confronted their matters, AA's fought their discrimination, atleast they've gotten this far, S.A fought the apartheid era and don gimme tht  "Nigeria helped in tht bull crap", cuz if u did wtf have u done for urselves , nonsense, and abt Ghana. atleast we the people have a say in this country how abt u MR. ARROGANT yet chicken NIGERIA, I alwayz say this, I have met betta Nigerians out there but with a country and its population like u have, u'll get fools like tht dumbo who wrote the article, see, u guyz pride urselves wit ur population but have u thought of the other side?, the population is also the problem people (stop producing by heart),

abt electricity in Ghana, btw I don rememba the last time tha lights went off in my neighborhood, to tell the truth, yes u might get a few lights out here and there but the longest it takes is like 20-25minutes and they are back on and the Electricity Corporation of Ghana always try to announce on  the radio, areas that would go off, when they have to work on their transformers and if am lying abt this any honest Nigerian living in Ghana would testify to this, this is the small Ghana that most of u Nigerians don't respect, yet flock in here, the same Ghana u piss @

lol and he tlks of how bad our schools are  grin grin grin grin if so tell me how come I have so many Nigerian school mates in Ghana,

and for him to even mention scientists juz shows how dumb he izz, aight look this name up >>> Ave K. P. KLUDZE- NASA, just 1 of the numerous Ghanaian scientists,

is it that it beats ur mind how a small country like Ghana is always doing well in everything or what?, cuz this hate is becoming too much mahn,

Ghanaian refugees in Togo? shocked shocked shocked wtf is this dude thinking, he really wuz on a mission to disgrace Ghana lol grin grin grin grin Ghanaian's turning into refugees? it doesn't click lol grin grin grin I mean how, there are problems in the north no doubt (like every country)  but its surely nothing compared to Nigeria's problems, u guyz need to start thinking abt ur own before sticking ur damn noses into lil problems tho, cuz ur population ain' a joke so we pray shit doesn't hit the fan cuz if it does, y'all be running down here like u've already begun and as we all know Ghana is too small for ur thick faces,
u will be amazed @ the numba of Nigerians coming to Ghana, I think its enuf, y'all cut it down a bit cuz I smell ur peeps crying Xenophobia already and I mean wht do u expect when u have a large number of arrogant Nigerians in ur country.

grin grin grin grin and he goes on to say 60% of Ghanaians poo outdoors hahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin gotta hand it to dude, he's funny as hell lol
so if 60% of Ghanaians poo outdoors then what percentage of Nigerians wud do same? grin grin grin grin grin ur guess is as good as mine 120% hahahahaha grin grin grin grin Nigerians are funny mahn, gotta luv that country

B4 I leave tho gotta tell this story, picked a taxi 1 day and this driver out of nowhere asked me, are u Nigerian? I went like naa, then he goes like oh O.K, according to him he picked up 2 guys from Tema (those who know Ghana will know Tema) and the 2 guys had this accent (speaking pigeon english) so he knew they were Nigerian cuz the Ghanaian pigeon is different from the Nigerian so he asked in our local language "na di3n na'ekorsu" meaning "whats good?" just to confirm they were Nigerian and they went like my friend shutup jor or so, (Nigerians and their arrogance) so according to him he just kept quiet and focused on his driving lol, as they approached a filling station the guys asked him to drop them @ a bus stop and this was in the evening so the streets was empty, he stopped, they dropped and they asked him how much he gave his price and dudes went like "Mr. driver today is your lucky day so go home and thank your God for saving u" they pulled out 2 guns and told him they were giving him 1minute to vanish from their site, he said he drove home shivering from head to toe that day and couldn't even go to the police station and the next day he heard 2 armed robbers had been killed and tht they were Nigerians, so Nigerians I think u guys need to look deep within cuz ur problems are caused by your own people and stop playing that stupid patriotism card cause now ain' the time clean up ur image first,

FULL OF LIES, SHAME ON THE DUDE WHO WROTE THE ARTICLE IF GHANA AIN'T SO GOOD, WTF ARE U DOING HERE THEN , GET THA HELL OUT! wink

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin safe

PS. there are some great Nigerians out there  wink
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Justcash(m): 7:40am On Nov 18, 2010
otumfour:

grin grin grin grin going by that silly article, one need not tell u that dumbo is a Nigerian posing as a Ghanaian or u don't have to be a rocket scientist for u to be able to tell the dumbo is a Nigerian and to think these people (some/most Nigerians) accusing Ghanaian's on this site everyday about how Ghanaians suffer from inferiority complex, yet u people go to the extend of pretending to be Ghanaians on your numerous sites juz to bring our name down but I say this , "NO MAN CAN CURSE WHAT GOD HAS BLESSED-GHANA" (Ghana might be small but we've achieved so much), I mean is this dude foreal , seriously, lets say wht he put up there is true (which fork naa it ain't) is it gonna stop your (Nigerian) leaders from looting your money in broad day light?, is it gonna give u electricity for 24hrs for once in this day and age, I mean we are in 2010 and y'all still suffering from electricity, GIANT OF AFRICA? grin grin grin lmao, I cud go on and on, most of u guys suffer from what I term the "play along pride" or "follow the crowd pride" Nigerians talk,walk and prolly piss in arrogance but when push comes to shove u guyz run like chickens, I mean your leaders have been despoiling u guys for how long now?, yet u have the balls to tell Ghanaians they are pussies, you have the balls to tell South Africans they are pussies, hell u even have the balls to call AA'S pussies when these peeps have confronted their matters, AA's fought their discrimination, atleast they've gotten this far, S.A fought the apartheid era and don gimme tht  "Nigeria helped in tht bull crap", cuz if u did wtf have u done for urselves , nonsense, and abt Ghana. atleast we the people have a say in this country how abt u MR. ARROGANT yet chicken NIGERIA, I alwayz say this, I have met betta Nigerians out there but with a country and its population like u have, u'll get fools like tht dumbo who wrote the article, see, u guyz pride urselves wit your population but have u thought of the other side?, the population is also the problem people (stop producing by heart),

abt electricity in Ghana, btw I don rememba the last time tha lights went off in my neighborhood, to tell the truth, yes u might get a few lights out here and there but the longest it takes is like 20-25minutes and they are back on and the Electricity Corporation of Ghana always try to announce on  the radio, areas that would go off, when they have to work on their transformers and if am lying abt this any honest Nigerian living in Ghana would testify to this, this is the small Ghana that most of u Nigerians don't respect, yet flock in here, the same Ghana u piss @

lol and he tlks of how bad our schools are  grin grin grin grin if so tell me how come I have so many Nigerian school mates in Ghana,

and for him to even mention scientists juz shows how dumb he izz, aight look this name up >>> Ave K. P. KLUDZE- NASA, just 1 of the numerous Ghanaian scientists,

is it that it beats your mind how a small country like Ghana is always doing well in everything or what?, cuz this hate is becoming too much mahn,

Ghanaian refugees in Togo? shocked shocked shocked wtf is this dude thinking, he really wuz on a mission to disgrace Ghana lol grin grin grin grin Ghanaian's turning into refugees? it doesn't click lol grin grin grin I mean how, there are problems in the north no doubt (like every country)  but its surely nothing compared to Nigeria's problems, u guyz need to start thinking abt your own before sticking your damn noses into lil problems tho, cuz your population ain' a joke so we pray poo doesn't hit the fan cuz if it does, y'all be running down here like u've already begun and as we all know Ghana is too small for your thick faces,
u will be amazed @ the numba of Nigerians coming to Ghana, I think its enuf, y'all cut it down a bit cuz I smell your peeps crying Xenophobia already and I mean wht do u expect when u have a large number of arrogant Nigerians in your country.

grin grin grin grin and he goes on to say 60% of Ghanaians poo outdoors hahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin gotta hand it to dude, he's funny as hell lol
so if 60% of Ghanaians poo outdoors then what percentage of Nigerians wud do same? grin grin grin grin grin your guess is as good as mine 120% hahahahaha grin grin grin grin Nigerians are funny mahn, gotta luv that country

B4 I leave tho gotta tell this story, picked a taxi 1 day and this driver out of nowhere asked me, are u Nigerian? I went like naa, then he goes like oh O.K, according to him he picked up 2 guys from Tema (those who know Ghana will know Tema) and the 2 guys had this accent (speaking pigeon english) so he knew they were Nigerian cuz the Ghanaian pigeon is different from the Nigerian so he asked in our local language "na di3n na'ekorsu" meaning "whats good?" just to confirm they were Nigerian and they went like my friend shutup jor or so, (Nigerians and their arrogance) so according to him he just kept quiet and focused on his driving lol, as they approached a filling station the guys asked him to drop them @ a bus stop and this was in the evening so the streets was empty, he stopped, they dropped and they asked him how much he gave his price and dudes went like "Mr. driver today is your lucky day so go home and thank your God for saving u" they pulled out 2 guns and told him they were giving him 1minute to vanish from their site, he said he drove home shivering from head to toe that day and couldn't even go to the police station and the next day he heard 2 armed robbers had been killed and tht they were Nigerians, so Nigerians I think u guys need to look deep within cuz your problems are caused by your own people and stop playing that silly patriotism card cause now ain' the time clean up your image first,

FULL OF LIES, SHAME ON THE DUDE WHO WROTE THE ARTICLE IF GHANA AIN'T SO GOOD, WTF ARE U DOING HERE THEN , GET THA HELL OUT! wink

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin safe

PS. there are some great Nigerians out there  wink

The fact that you saw this post shows that you live, eat and drink Nairaland. It also shows that you envy and love Nigeria. Go and check Ghanaian sites, where bashing Nigeria is their means of keeping alive, you will notice that Nigerians don't know that such sites are in existence.
Ghana is as backwards as every West African country. It is getting no better, except in soccer ofcourse.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by otumfour(m): 7:42am On Nov 18, 2010
grin grin grin lmao! so u telling us this is the Nigerian heaven abi?, its like y'all breath and eat dirt
Nigeria has no excuse people, wit all your oil wealth is this all u have to show for it?
the nerve, If Ghana had dem oil money damn, we would have bin up there somewhere, but we surely coming grin grin but Nigerians wit their greed.
so this is what u call better huh?

Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Justcash(m): 7:46am On Nov 18, 2010
otumfour:

grin grin grin lmao! so u telling us this is the Nigerian heaven abi?, its like y'all breath and eat dirt
Nigeria has no excuse people, wit all your oil wealth is this all u have to show for it?
the nerve, If Ghana had dem oil money damn, we would have bin up there somewhere, but we surely coming grin grin but Nigerians wit their greed.
so this is what u call better huh?

If you mean the pictures that I posted, those are pictures of your so revered Accra. It is clear to you that it is a dirt dump site. Compare it with Abuja and see how ignorant and uneducated you are.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Justcash(m): 7:54am On Nov 18, 2010
The pictures you posted are the pictures of Aba. Considered a local government in Nigeria. I showed you a picture of Ghana's capital, you are comparing it with those of Aba, in Abia state, instead of Abuja Nigeria's capital? LOL! Hahahahahahahaahahah.

Look at Kumasi your so called very developed second largest city in Ghana

Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by otumfour(m): 7:55am On Nov 18, 2010
Justcash:

Ghana is as backwards as every West African country. It is getting no better, except in soccer ofcourse.

speak for urself dummy for I know nothing abt tht
Justcash:

If you mean the pictures that I posted, those are pictures of your so revered Accra. It is clear to you that it is a dirt dump site. Compare it with Abuja and see how ignorant and uneducated you are.

now thts where Ghanaian's win cuz we don compare we just move forward like soldiers, now all ur defending won't stop ur leaders from raping u dude grin grin grin and sure won't stop the electricity problem so I suggest u man up and stop this "keyboard Ninja" or betta yet "keyboard MR. NIGERIA"

I know I hurt u but tha truth hurts doesn't it grin
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by chyz(m): 7:56am On Nov 18, 2010
@otumfor

I never got ghana's obsession with nigeria. Why are ghanaians always trying to compare with nigerians? Do you all suffer from inferiority complex? If not why dont you compare with neighboring countries such as Togo or Benin?
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Justcash(m): 8:05am On Nov 18, 2010
otumfour:

speak for urself dummy for I know nothing abt tht
now thts where Ghanaian's win cuz we don compare we just move forward like soldiers, now all your defending won't stop your leaders from despoiling u dude grin grin grin and sure won't stop the electricity problem so I suggest u man up and stop this "keyboard Ninja" or betta yet "keyboard MR. NIGERIA"

I know I hurt u but tha truth hurts doesn't it grin

I know you must have searched for an Abuja picture with slums, but you couldn't find, hence your resignation. LOL!
People like you made me to go to Ghana to see how heaven looks like only to be confronted by the most disappointing sight ever.  angry angry angry
Ghana is developing my foot. Sigh.
I don't hope to dig up other unknown districts in Ghana other than Accra and Kumasi because those places will be like Pit toilets.

Take this advise below.

chyz:

@otumfor

I never got ghana's obsession with nigeria. Why are ghanaians always trying to compare with nigerians? Do you all suffer from inferiority complex? If not why gont you compare with neighboring countries such as Togo or Benin?
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by otumfour(m): 8:10am On Nov 18, 2010
chyz:

@otumfor

I never got ghana's obsession with nigeria. Why are ghanaians always trying to compare with nigerians? Do you all suffer from inferiority complex? If not why gont you compare with neighboring countries such as Togo or Benin?

dude is tht article on a Ghanaian forum or a Nigerian? u guyz keep bringing and after tell us we suffering from inferiority complex?,
o.k. lemme show u this, even within your country u guyz suffer from inferiority complex don't ya?, Yourba's claiming they betta than Igbo's and Igbo's claiming vice versa lol y'all a funny bunch,
Justcash:

The pictures you posted are the pictures of Aba. Considered a local government in Nigeria. I showed you a picture of Ghana's capital, you are comparing it with those of Aba, in Abia state, instead of Abuja Nigeria's capital? LOL! Hahahahahahahaahahah.

Look at Kumasi your so called very developed second largest city in Ghana

as big as Nigeria is, all I see is u bragging with Abuja and tht shows how sad your situation is mahn grin grin grin,
we can both boast of beautiful places and nasty places in these 2 countries but the fact will be tht Nigeria got more bleeped up places than Ghana without oil grin grin grin after all u guyz are the one's trooping down here grin grin grin innit?

I LUV GHANA, its alwayz fun to play these anago games grin grin grin grin
this is Abuja too btw and those pix were also abuja

Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by chyz(m): 8:17am On Nov 18, 2010
otumfour:

dude is tht article on a Ghanaian forum or a Nigerian? u guyz keep bringing and after tell us we suffering from inferiority complex?,
o.k. lemme show u this, even within your country u guyz suffer from inferiority complex don't ya?, Yourba's claiming they betta than Igbo's and Igbo's claiming vice versa lol y'all a funny bunch,

as big as Nigeria is, all I see is u bragging with Abuja and tht shows how sad your situation is mahn grin grin grin,
we can both boast of beautiful places and nasty places in these 2 countries but the fact will be tht Nigeria got more bleeped up places than Ghana without oil grin grin grin after all u guyz are the one's trooping down here grin grin grin innit?

And you still haven't answered my question or ever explained why ur on this site.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by aljharem(m): 8:21am On Nov 18, 2010
otumfour:

none of those picture is abuja

have u even been there before?
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Justcash(m): 8:30am On Nov 18, 2010
otumfour:

My point is that;

I flowed with all the hype and went to Ghana. I discovered that GHANA is FHUKED UP. My expectation of seeing a developed African country was dashed. My Japanese friends laughed a hell out of me. They confirmed that many Cities in Nigeria, Abuja, Lagos, Calabar, Uyo, Owerri, Enugu, Portharcourt, Benin city etc are way higher in class than Ghana as a whole.  Ghana is very backwards.  So shut your crap and stop saying that your filthy Country is taking a lead in Africa. Ghana is Nigeria's toy anytime any day. That is why many Nigerians go to play with it and leave. Ghanians cannot come to Nigeria because they gat no money. They wish to come but are too poor to afford the traveling expenses. Thank God that I went there and saw by myself. Ghana is developed for where? sigh.
I'm outta here.
 cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by otumfour(m): 8:31am On Nov 18, 2010
chyz:

And you still haven't answered my question or ever explained why your on this site.
oh! grin another "my dad is seun, so get out of nairaland abi"
its not like u don find Nigerians on Ghanaians forum dude, u guyz have spread all ova (like its news), even on our sports sites u find Nigerians juz there to insult Ghanaians, but on here I only come in when Ghana is mentioned u digg wink
alj harem:

none of those picture is abuja

have u even been there before?

have u no shame? such a big country like Nigeria and its many natural resources and here u are priding urself wit your capital angry, its really sad, really really sad, and when your own people try to put u right u call them all sorts of names shame shame shame, now wonder your leaders keep despoiling u angry
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by chyz(m): 8:35am On Nov 18, 2010
otumfour:

oh! grin another "my dad is seun, so get out of nairaland abi"
have u no shame? such a big country like Nigeria and its many natural resources and here u are priding urself wit your capital angry, its really sad, really really sad, and when your own people try to put u right u call them all sorts of names shame shame shame, now wonder your leaders keep despoiling u angry

Im still trying to figure out why ur worried about OUR country.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by RSA(m): 8:44am On Nov 18, 2010
Otoumfour I agree with you in everything you've said.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by otumfour(m): 8:46am On Nov 18, 2010
Justcash:

My point is that;
Ghanians cannot come to Nigeria because[b] they gat no money
. They wish to come but are too poor to afford the traveling expenses. Thank God that I went there and saw by myself. Ghana is developed for where? sigh.
I'm outta here.[/b]  cool cool cool cool cool

bolded part NAA! they don' come cuz they scared of the place , I mean the whole world is scared of the place, even ur peeps outside Nigeria are scared to go home, plus ur people now come here to buy stuff for Nigeria grin grin grin, BLESS Ghana, small boy danger, see how we do u on the soccer field?, thts how we run y'all grin grin grin grin grin anago/alata grin

chyz:

Im still trying to figure out why your worried about OUR country.
I care cuz God forbid if shit hits the fan most of ur people will be heading towards Ghana are u O.K. now ? cuz there are a lot coming already grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by chyz(m): 8:49am On Nov 18, 2010
otumfour:

I care cuz God forbid if poo hits the fan most of your people will be heading towards Ghana are u O.K. now ? cuz there are a lot coming already grin grin grin grin

Fair enough.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by princekevo(m): 8:49am On Nov 18, 2010
I have heard some Nigerians manufacturing cars and computers, why is there no Ghanaian that can even manufacture wheel barrow?

Oboy abeg no make me laugh with the above in bold.

I have discovered that Many Ghanaians are suffering from Mr frog's philosophical concept. A frog will never believe that any River/ocean is bigger or deeper than the little well he found himself as long as he can jump and down freely. Infact he jump up/down and ask if you mean there is any other water that is times 10 bigger than his environment. Trying to equate/measure the capacity of the ocean with the well he found himself. LOL!!

Sometime i found it very ridiculous when some Nigerians or Ghanains try to compare Ghana with Nigeria. How can you compare a country that it's population, budget, development is not even up to Lagos to Nigeria with more than 150million population. I can see Ghanaians even calling themselves African Pace setters, Giant of Africa. This is just like Singapore, or Hong Kong, with their booming economy and infrastructure calling themselves pace setters or Giant of Asia, where as their economy can only be compared or equate with a single city in China/India/Japan, like Beijing, shanghai, Tokyo or even Mumbai. For me i see it as foolishness and ignorance.

Back to the topic, the article is not far from the truth. I lived in Ghana for a year and i travelled to so many parts of Ghana, not just those that went  to Accra on holiday and came back taking rubbish and trying to company Ghana with a whole country like Nigeria
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by otumfour(m): 8:50am On Nov 18, 2010
RSA:

Otoumfour I agree with you in everything you've said.

right on brotha, I gotcha wink
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by aljharem(m): 8:59am On Nov 18, 2010
pride will not kill us all cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Okorocha Emerges Worst Governor In South-East - SBCHRO / G-5 Govs: ‘i’m Elephant, I Can’t Be Taken By Surprise,’ Says Atiku / Corpers Visit President Buhari In Daura

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.