Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

Comprehensive Map Of Port Harcourt Or Warri? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Comprehensive Map Of Port Harcourt Or Warri? (11059 Views)

What I Saw On The Street Of Port Harcourt / A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Comprehensive Map Of Port Harcourt Or Warri? by medube(m): 12:43am On Jan 21, 2006
Hi all,

Does anyony know where on the internet I can get a comprehensive map of Port Harcourt, Rivers State and Warri, Delta State in jpeg form or so. I want to make a screen print of both for a project Im working on.

Thanks...
Re: Comprehensive Map Of Port Harcourt Or Warri? by alabiyemmy(m): 2:52am On Dec 16, 2006
visit www.ceaser-web.com

Yemmy.
Re: Comprehensive Map Of Port Harcourt Or Warri? by Iretia(m): 4:00pm On Jun 16, 2007
medube:

Hi all,

Does anyony know where on the internet I can get a comprehensive map of Port Harcourt, Rivers State and Warri, Delta State in jpeg form or so. I want to make a screen print of both for a project I'm working on.

Thanks,

Please find below the street map of Portharcourt. This data has a planimetric accuracy of 1m, it was derived from high resolution satellite imagery in 2004. We also have points of interest for this city showing all banks, resturants, hospitals, hotels, schools, etc.

This is just one of the 70 other cities that Spatial Technologies Ltd had developed. Other cities include, Lagos, Abuja, Owerri, Ibadan,, Ilorin, Kano, Jos, Sango Otta, Ijebu Ode, Bauchi, Yola, Gusau,, Maidugury, Calabar, Umuahia, Aba, Ife, Ilesha, Asaba, Benin City, Warri, Abeokuta, Bauchi, Jalingo, Sokoto, Kaduna, Zaria, Akure, Ekpoma, etc.

For more information, contact:

Anthony Lawrence
Spatial Technologies Ltd
info@spatialtechnologiesltd.com
www.spatialtechnologiesltd.com
Lagos : +234 185 33 497
London: +44208 533 983 38
", a map is the equivalence of a thousand words"

Re: Comprehensive Map Of Port Harcourt Or Warri? by DisGuy: 1:14pm On Jun 17, 2007
"We appeal for a fully digitalised map for all landed properties in Lagos State in our land registry as it will help our people in accessing housing mortgage loans at affordable interest rates,'' he noted.

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/business/article04 lagos state gov to the DfID

why are they looking at foriegners for maps of lagos, afterall we have satellites in space grin
Re: Comprehensive Map Of Port Harcourt Or Warri? by Iretia(m): 7:38pm On Jun 17, 2007
Dis Guy:

"We appeal for a fully digitalised map for all landed properties in Lagos State in our land registry as it will help our people in accessing housing mortgage loans at affordable interest rates,'' he noted.

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/business/article04 lagos state gov to the DfID

why are they looking at foriegners for maps of lagos, afterall we have satellites in space grin

What surprises me is that Lagos State Survey department within the Min of Works constitutionally is empowered to mandate all parcel of lands within Lagos to be surveyed before they are developed.  I mean every developed land is expected to be surveyed before a building plan number is issued. Properties that do not have building plans are usually marked with a big red 'X' So what do they do with all those survey plans submitted at the Lagos State Survey? All they have to do is to commission a qualified company to digitize all those survey plans and geo-referenced everything, then build the relevant attribute database. I am sure there are very qualified Nigerian companies that can achieve this.

My prediction is this: Lagos state gov will give out the digitizing contract to a foreign company. Well that wont be suprising as we have come to notice that some Nigerian companies who do require maps for their businesses will rather contract foreign ccompanies to deliver such maps. Last year alone, my company Spatial Technologies Ltd sold most of our mapping data to foreign companies who then had to re-sell to their Nigerian 'clients'. So if the Lagos State gov does the same thing will it be surprising then?
Re: Comprehensive Map Of Port Harcourt Or Warri? by simplyme3(f): 10:39am On Jul 27, 2007

(1) (Reply)

Pictures Of The Real Lagos / Why Invest In Second Citizenship And Real Estate? By Citizenship Bay / Bounty Hunters For Illegal Immigrants In U.K.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.