Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Amala - The Remix - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Amala - The Remix (5282 Views)

Shakiti Bobo Remix As Gospel Music / DOWNLOAD: Jesus Power Remix ~ Frank Edwards Ft. Gil Joe, Nkay & Nolly / Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amala - The Remix by PastorAIO: 3:23pm On Nov 17, 2010
I want to attempt an edited version of the infamous Amala thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-550146.0.html

Pastor AIO
Dear brothers and sisters I have a big problem. I have a predilection for Amala, that is the meal that is made from Yam flour. I can eat it at anytime of the day or night and I am sure that if I get a whiff of it in my sleep I can sleepwalk to it and scoff the whole pot before going back to bed without even waking up. You all will just wake up to find that there is no more amala in the pot.

Now my problem, and it is a big one, lies in the fact that there is absolutely no mention of Amala in the bible. Not even Yam. This is very worrisome for me. If it was Iyan, that is pounded yam, that one is still better because it is white in colour and so might connote some sort of holiness. But Amala is BLACK! Could this be the devil's food.

Please help!!

e36991:

@Pastor AIO

NL's most favourite pastor!

Is this a ploy to smoke someone out wink wink

Anyway amala is not the devil's food ooo

but dare I tell you this for nothing.

The devil eats men dust for breakfast

That is biblical. At least the without the breakfast bit grin grin

toba:

hahahahahahahahahaha. lolrmaof

But jesus used to eat in Martha's house and some pastors said it was EFO RIRO that she normally cook for him. Probably they ate 'amala' then as well

JeSoul:

Is that so? okay then . . .

- I hope you don't have a car or use buses or trains cos those too are unbiblical. The only biblical mode of transportation is via camel-power, or if you're rich, horse-driven chariots.

- I hope also you don't stay in a wooden/cement house. Only hand-built tents are allowed

- And if you use a computer, cell-phone or any technological device, you are at the height of sin-dom. You must restrict yourself to writing like Jesus did - in the sand. Or if you want the records preserved, then some papyra scrolls will do. Don't use too big lettering or much ink though, excess is unbiblical.

- Do you wear clothes? are they of the approved biblical material? no jeans or leather or anything of that sinful sort.

the list is endless, but with some careful and painstaking dedication, I know you can do it smiley goodluck!
Re: Amala - The Remix by tpia5: 3:25pm On Nov 17, 2010
is joke section closed for now or what's all this exactly?

is the poster too big for his threads to be moved to the appropriate sections?
Re: Amala - The Remix by PastorAIO: 3:33pm On Nov 17, 2010
Deep Sight:

Pastor is driving at something more subtle, friends.

The reputation of the man alone should move y'all stop and think.

When a man of such a vast mind and such depth of heart and perception writes such things. . . satire is eminently afoot.

I am not sure I have struck at the base that he is driving at but off the top of my head it looks like two things -

1. The mentality of restricting oneself to ideas that were prevalent at the time of the bible and

2. The mentality that that which is associated with the cultures of fairer races is also more spiritually uplifting than ours.

This, it turns out, is a brilliant sattire against spiritual colonial-mentality, other wise known as KOLO-MENTAL!

Bravo, Pastor.

InesQor:

@Deep Sight:

Maybe its just me, but the point was clear from the moment I saw the thread title in the list under the Religion Section.  grin I opened expecting to find comedy and satire.

I have said it many times before, Pastor AIO is besides himself!  cheesy cheesy cheesy

@OP: It is NOT Biblical, whether na white one oh or black one  grin

Biblical: In keeping with the nature of the Bible or its times or people.

Unfortunately, the same thing applies to beans and dodo.  sad

Where is our moderator manmust[size=15pt]wac[/size]? He should have something to say here. . .

See me see yabis o!  If you all know that you can not be of any help to a brother then please keep ya mouth to ya self.  Am I the only person trying to live biblically?  Nobody else got yabbed like this.  Why?
denony:

Can't anyone figure out what i figured?
The poster is obsessed with amala
that he can even eat the one meant for dog,
he started wondering, if amala is unbiblical/EVIL because he was so attached to eat that he can even woke at midnights, sneak to kitchen and emty any pot containing amala.

HE JUST NEEDS HELP ON HOW TO QUIT

I didn't say anything about eating dog food.  Maybe you didn't read my post well.  It can never get to that level.  Unless I am not at home.  No Amala can ever remain for Bingo if I dey house.  

JUO:

you no get work

Because of Amala?  haba!!
kunlekunle:

satan gave apple to eve,

That's a good point, I've taken note.

espn:

very senseless talk, daft indeed.

But If na trouser or skirt matter e no go daft.  How is that fair?  Was this thread daft?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-13329.0.html

Na ordinary Amala I dey chop but if I kill person or start war you no go say I daft.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-431.0.html  

I can even wear make up, I no daft!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-96474.160.html

Just because these things are in the bible or are not in the bible.

I say it is a demonstration of Craze - Demo-Crazy.  Is there voting in the bible?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-432252.0.html

I say we should chose our president by casting lots

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-542527.0.html

It is okay to hate moslems as long as you do it biblically!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-158785.0.html

I believe in trinity but it is not biblical.  Does that mean I'm damned?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-262921.0.html

I'm the igbo smoking pastor just because I like amala and I want to do the right thing but all these other people haven't smoked igbo.  They are considered quite sane.  

Please, if you cannot help me with my enquiry then all of you please go and sit down.  Again I ask, I hope my love for Amala is not going to damn me for all time?  

Yes o, damned for all time because Judas was a black man, and Jesus was a Superstar.

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd_uXBW-3Vg?fs=1&hl=en_US"[/flash]

Krayola:

hehehe. See as pastorAIO start nuclear war because of Amala. I think what he is trying to get at is how people use the bible as a guide for everything, and at what point this exercise may become silly. People have asked questions about all types of practices but hardly ever get the kinds of hostile responses this thread has. I wonder why that is.

How should the Bible guide believers? Are u allowed to do only what the bible explicitly endorses? Are u forbidden to do only what the bible forbids? Is whatever has not been commanded by the Bible forbidden?

e.g. If the Bible does not explicitly condemn/forbid pedophilia does that mean it is allowed?

If someone asks "is Pedophilia unbiblical"? what will an adequate, bible supported, response look like? I've seen some Christians give a lot of Muslims stick for this and I don't think I've ever seen a biblical quote supporting their rejection of the practice.

what about beatiality?

What about the cruel murder of animals for sport?

What about the environment?

What about eating amala?  grin

When can we use our own "best" judgment to decide our conduct, and can this ever take precedence over what the Bible says?
Re: Amala - The Remix by PastorAIO: 3:38pm On Nov 17, 2010
Carlosein:

i neither support nor condone pastorAIO's post cos i read it for what i think it is, satire. but i want to say that the way some christians go about asking 'show me where this or that is in the bible' begets such reactions.

that being said, i'm not sure about 'everything black is evil and all white is good'.
Krayoooooooooo! I vex o! angry How you go just abandon us like that?

Unfortunately, I doubt your post is going to be read because after reading the OP I think most people will just proceed to make their response without reading the rest of the thread. That is how people fail exams!! No be so?

Your analyses is very correct o jare. Clap for yasef! Just for that I forgive you for running away like the prodigal son. Welcome back. Care to join me for some amala?

Enigma:

That is all well and good! How about when some non-Christian (and even some Christian) ignoramuses say e.g. the "Trinity" is not 'biblical' and so is not true?

{Some of them even insist on the proven daft and idiotic view that it was formed at a council meeting.}
Re: Amala - The Remix by JeSoul(f): 3:42pm On Nov 17, 2010
PastorAIO, did you not read my first response well?

You're obviously using a computer to type right now - this is grossly unbiblical! Dude you need to correct the error of your ways before its too late oh! You have obviously worn jeans and used motorized vehicles, you've been sinning incessantly. Hmm . . . you have been warned. Let him who has ears hear well well . . .

Okay on a more serious note smiley, like Inesqor mentioned, it was obvious the point you were trying to make from the title alone, and also obvious some people would not get it - especially when its posted on the front page and people without background info or knowledge on the religion section or you would not get it - doesn't necessarily mean they are idiotas like DS hollered.
Re: Amala - The Remix by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 17, 2010
AIO wetin again? U know the calamity the first Amala thread caused. I'm locking this thread for duplicity right now
Re: Amala - The Remix by nuclearboy(m): 5:24pm On Nov 17, 2010
Remix? You wan make who get sense start to dey cry? This has got to be one of the most revealing threads on NL ever.

I start to see why business churches prosper so much. My people truly perish for lack of knowledge. But as it continues "because you have rejected knowledge, therefore will I also reject you" showing the author considers such a deliberate decision to remain in darkness.

[size=4pt]I no know say people fit off their brain like this[/size]
Re: Amala - The Remix by Image123(m): 10:03pm On Nov 17, 2010
Is A.I trying to meet a certain target for number of posts before the end of the year?
Re: Amala - The Remix by Krayola(m): 5:46am On Nov 18, 2010
@Jeseoul. wass hup? U just forget me sha. It's not good o.

What do you think about eating cats, dogs, horses, zebras, monkeys? If your neighbour was killin cute little cats for their "fur" do you think God might have a problem with that? Would you eat any or some or all of them? If I killed my dog would that be a sin? What if i killed him for food would it be a sin? Are humans the only animals we are forbidden to murder in cold blood?

I just remembered that God led the Israelites in battle after commanding them not to kill. What exactly are we supposed to do with God's commands when scripture shows God involved in numerous murders? If God commanded us not to eat amala, and I ate amala because that was all I could afford, and even saw it as a blessing from God, do u think that would be ok?

In my opinion, Jesus spent his whole ministry doing what you guys think is an abomination. Reinterpreting the scripture to serve the needs of the people in their time. I think this practice of looking for instructions on everything in a 2000 year old manual is silly. Jesus and other galiliean pharisees saw this and breathed new life into old Jewish teachings. Hence the resistance from the rigid conservative Jerusalem Pharisees, who kinda remind me of lots of christians that accuse others of diluting christianity.  That's exactly what Jesus was doing IMO. He was a reformer, and he was diluting Judaism.  Times and circumstances change, and It becomes more practical, and more doable when it's diluted.  . . . It's a new time and those standards are outdated. Damn!!   

Let's dilute Christianity. That's the new campaign.  cool

BTW Jesus didn't explicitly ban the use of marijuana so blame him for this post  grin
Re: Amala - The Remix by Image123(m): 8:09am On Nov 18, 2010
That's exactly what Jesus was doing IMO.

The quoted sums up the above post very well.
Re: Amala - The Remix by aletheia(m): 8:48am On Nov 18, 2010
Krayola:

What exactly are we supposed to do with God's commands when scripture shows God involved in numerous murders?

You do realize the above is provocative? Right?
Re: Amala - The Remix by Krayola(m): 12:13pm On Nov 18, 2010
aletheia:

I think it could be provocative, but that doesn't make it inaccurate. Murder is a premeditated taking of another's life, and according to the bible a God that explicitly forbade killing, facilitated/ assisted in mass murder/genocide. The bible says so (not in those exact words, but close enough). But my post wasn't about the killings but to point out that commandments can/may/should . . . be broken when necessary.

I wasn't tryin to pi$s anyone off. Just trying to make what i feel is obvious even more obvious. No vex o.  smiley
Re: Amala - The Remix by DeepSight(m): 1:20pm On Nov 18, 2010
aletheia:

Ya gatta be kiddin me.

The truth as recorded by your own scripture is provocative? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Re: Amala - The Remix by Image123(m): 1:37pm On Nov 18, 2010
^Then again, my executioner friend must be a mass murderer by your logics. It's miraculous that he walks free right in front of THE LAW.
Re: Amala - The Remix by Krayola(m): 4:26pm On Nov 18, 2010
Image123:

^Then again, my executioner friend must be a mass murderer by your logics. It's miraculous that he walks free right in front of THE LAW.

The executioner does not set the law. He does his job as an employee of the law. He is a mass murderer, but according to the law his brand of mass murder does not require punishment since it (the murder) is approved by law.

The case in the bible is like a mother telling her kids never to steal and then going with them, in fact leading them, on a shoplifting spree.
Re: Amala - The Remix by Krayola(m): 5:37pm On Nov 18, 2010
Image123:

^Then again, my executioner friend must be a mass murderer by your logics. It's miraculous that he walks free right in front of THE LAW. (don't kill or u will be executed)

The executioner does not set the law. He does his job as an employee of the law. He is a mass murderer, but according to the law his brand of mass murder does not require punishment since it (the murder) is approved by law.

The case in the bible is like a mother telling her kids never to steal and then going with them, in fact leading them, on a shoplifting spree.
Re: Amala - The Remix by nuclearboy(m): 6:19pm On Nov 18, 2010
Misleading if not provocative!

I breed table catfish and the next time anyone here decides to visit me, will take a couple and cut them up as table fare. Would I (and guest) then be mass-murderers? Well, maybe from the point of view of the fish but would anyone here agree with them?

Why can't we be honest for once? How do you wish to compare God (creator) to a "mother" who accompanies on a theiving spree. Does not the OWNER have right over His property?
Re: Amala - The Remix by JeSoul(f): 6:51pm On Nov 18, 2010
Krayola:

@Jeseoul. wass hup? U just forget me sha. It's not good o.
Ahn ahn na you forget me now. I sent you an email complete with cupcakes with rainbow sprinkles asking for forgiveness for not replying sooner as I was occupied and off the grid for a while. Infact I saw your release self . . . oya, how many copies so far? smiley

What do you think about eating cats, dogs, horses, zebras, monkeys? If your neighbour was killin cute little cats for their "fur" do you think God might have a problem with that? Would you eat any or some or all of them? If I killed my dog would that be a sin? What if i killed him for food would it be a sin? Are humans the only animals we are forbidden to murder in cold blood?
"Sin" is more times than not a very relative term. What might be a sin for me, might not be for you another christian. 

I just remembered that God led the Israelites in battle after commanding them not to kill. What exactly are we supposed to do with God's commands when scripture shows God involved in numerous murders?
See this:
nuclearboy:
I breed table catfish and the next time anyone here decides to visit me, will take a couple and cut them up as table fare. Would I (and guest) then be mass-murderers? Well, maybe from the point of view of the fish but would anyone here agree with them?
  grin This Nuclearboy ehn  grin 
  Kray, "murder" is sometimes justified, sometimes not - the real conundrum for us is being able to tell the difference - especially when you're not privy to all the details or even the big picture or even the parties involved.   

In my opinion, Jesus spent his whole ministry doing what you guys think is an abomination. Reinterpreting the scripture to serve the needs of the people in their time. I think this practice of looking for instructions on everything in a 2000 year old manual is silly. Jesus and other galiliean pharisees saw this and breathed new life into old Jewish teachings. Hence the resistance from the rigid conservative Jerusalem Pharisees, who kinda remind me of lots of christians that accuse others of diluting christianity.  That's exactly what Jesus was doing IMO. He was a reformer, and he was diluting Judaism.  Times and circumstances change, and It becomes more practical, and more doable when it's diluted.  . . . It's a new time and those standards are outdated. Damn!!   

Let's dilute Christianity. That's the new campaign.  cool

BTW Jesus didn't explicitly ban the use of marijuana so blame him for this post  grin
Dilute I think, is the wrong choice of word - Expound is way better.

All Jesus did was show and expound on the way that was already there. For example:
If God told the Isrealites not to cross river A - did God say so because 1He hates rivers or because 2river A was dangerous? And then over time man comes to ban the crossing of all rivers everywhere no matter what.

Over time the essence of a command or directive is lost and legalism takes over such that the reason for an action being ordered in the first place was lost and people go about it ritualistically with no real effect on their hearts. So what Jesus did wasn't "diluting" it to make it applicable to that time per se - but rather showing the 'spirit' and 'heart' of the command in the first place - and showing how the essence of the command projects forward and backward to all people - defying even time and culture. Just my understanding of the matter. I know you may challenge this by bringing up some aspects the Law - but as a general construct - I hope you get my point. Cheers!
Re: Amala - The Remix by Image123(m): 6:59pm On Nov 18, 2010
Krayola:
In this case, God is not under the law, He is not just The Law. He is above The Law. You can't excuse my executioner friend, and condemn your Maker.
Re: Amala - The Remix by JeSoul(f): 7:03pm On Nov 18, 2010
. . . and oh Krayola, many christians here have already agreed that everything pertaining to life is not in the bible and indeed that could not have been the divine intent. What we're given are godly principles by which we can live by, not an exhuastive turn-by-turn manual meant to address every single issue we face.
Re: Amala - The Remix by aletheia(m): 10:31am On Nov 19, 2010
JeSoul:

Over time the essence of a command or directive is lost and legalism takes over such that the reason for an action being ordered in the first place was lost and people go about it ritualistically with no real effect on their hearts.

^^^And that's the point Pastor AIO was making with his Amala dilemma! wink But sadly some didn't see it.
Re: Amala - The Remix by BaboonYansh: 2:47pm On Nov 19, 2010
I'm really at a loss to see christians justifying mass-murder and calling the lives of innocent men, women and children -whose only crime is being born in the wrong ethnicity- catfish. If its the within the purview of your God to murder people and command others to commit mass murder in his name, what the is the complaint of Christians against Allah and Mohammed?. On what basis do they call Allah and Mohammed evil, bloodthristy, murderes etc?

Why souldn't Osama bin Laden run planes into buildings in the name of Allah? We are all table fish in the eyes of Allah, we are his property so any christian calling Allah or Mohammed evil is just a self contradicting hypocrite.
Re: Amala - The Remix by nuclearboy(m): 3:00pm On Nov 19, 2010
Obviously, your preference would be that you be considered an equal or same as God, right?

Wow, what a brilliantly informed view! I'm clapping for you here using my arse- cheeks.
Re: Amala - The Remix by BaboonYansh: 3:09pm On Nov 19, 2010
nuclearboy:

Obviously, your preference would be that you be considered an equal or same as God, right?

Wow, what a brilliantly informed view! I'm clapping for you here using my arse- cheeks.
I'm sorry but you have made no sense.

i have said nothing about ME in my post so I can only assume that you're shamefully trying to side-step issues by getting personal. Goodluck to you, dont hit those arse- cheeks together so hard  they may get sore.
Re: Amala - The Remix by nuclearboy(m): 3:19pm On Nov 19, 2010
^^ Friend, next time, avoid the theatrics and advertising that you attended high school and can write. you ought have gone straight to the point and wished me good luck seeing as that's all can be gleaned from your presence here.

Btw, thanks for the kind wishes.
Re: Amala - The Remix by BaboonYansh: 3:22pm On Nov 19, 2010
nuclearboy:

^^ Friend, next time, avoid the theatrics and advertising that you attended high school and can write. you ought have gone straight to the point and wished me good luck seeing as that's all can be gleaned from your presence here.

Btw, thanks for the kind wishes.
You welcome.
Here's my post again for good measure
BaboonYansh:

I'm really at a loss to see christians justifying mass-murder and calling the lives of innocent men, women and children -whose only crime is being born in the wrong ethnicity- catfish. If its the within the purview of your God to murder people and command others to commit mass murder in his name, what the is the complaint of Christians against Allah and Mohammed?. On what basis do they call Allah and Mohammed evil, bloodthristy, murderes etc?

Why souldn't Osama bin Laden run planes into buildings in the name of Allah? We are all table fish in the eyes of Allah, we are his property so any christian calling Allah or Mohammed evil is just a self contradicting hypocrite.
Eat your heart out pal.
Re: Amala - The Remix by nuclearboy(m): 3:55pm On Nov 19, 2010
^^ Better go start studying for next years JME. You obviously need much more knowledge to get up to par if you could post that dung-shot again and actually highlight it.

Peace, love and many kisses.
Re: Amala - The Remix by BaboonYansh: 3:59pm On Nov 19, 2010
nuclearboy:

^^ Better go start studying for next years JME. You obviously need much more knowledge to get up to par if you could post that dung-shot again and actually highlight it.

Peace, love and many kisses.
Here It is again

BaboonYansh:

Eat your heart out pal.
Re: Amala - The Remix by nuclearboy(m): 4:02pm On Nov 19, 2010
wink

Yeah I know - limited intellect
Re: Amala - The Remix by BaboonYansh: 4:20pm On Nov 19, 2010
nuclearboy:

wink

Yeah I know - limited intellect
Keep crying pal. sad

Here it is again
BaboonYansh:

LOL
Re: Amala - The Remix by Krayola(m): 4:46pm On Nov 19, 2010
nuclearboy:

Misleading if not provocative!

I breed table catfish and the next time anyone here decides to visit me, will take a couple and cut them up as table fare. Would I (and guest) then be mass-murderers?  Well, maybe from the point of view of the fish but would anyone here agree with them?

The reference to those animals was to see where to draw the line when dealing with animals, and not to draw parallels between killing humans and killing non-human animals,  Can we kill animals as we please, whether for food or just for the hell of it. At what point does it go against the will of God?

nuclearboy:

Why can't we be honest for once? How do you wish to compare God (creator) to a "mother" who accompanies on a theiving spree. Does not the OWNER have right over His property? 

SO pretty much any believer in God with a conviction that God has his back can take a life of another human, or many, because the "owner" has a right over his "property"? Are Jews/Christians the only ones with this license to kill? What is this dishonesty you speak of? God, according to your bible gave a direct order. People broke it, with his support, and I asked how you reconcile this with the idea that we need to follow God's orders. Why order people not to do something and lead them to do it?

JeSoul:

Ahn ahn na you forget me now. I sent you an email complete with cupcakes with rainbow sprinkles asking for forgiveness for not replying sooner as I was occupied and off the grid for a while. Infact I saw your release self . . . oya, how many copies so far? smiley

haha. I just saw your email. CONGRATS!!! chei, that lucky man sha! God haff butta his bread and sugar his tea well well o.

The songs are available for free download and the response has been great. Thanks  smiley  Shooting a few videos next month and finishing up my mix-tape. Artistes don't make no money till they are known and have established  a fan base so thats what I'm working on now. No be small thing o, but e go happen. I gotta run but I will respond to your post later today. Thanks
Re: Amala - The Remix by JeSoul(f): 4:51pm On Nov 19, 2010
aletheia:

^^^And that's the point Pastor AIO was making with his Amala dilemma! wink But sadly some didn't see it.
and I don't even blame the some that didn't see it. The topic was posted on the homepage and attracted foot-traffic that didn't have some kind of background info on PAIO or the subject or the religion section.

Baboon (which kin name be dat self? lol) & Nuke, ogas chill now . . .
Baboon, I think what Nuclear was trying to say with that analogy is that it is premature to make judgements on the morality of certain actions without the proper perspective.

Krayola:

haha. I just saw your email. CONGRATS!!! chei, that lucky man sha! God haff butta his bread and sugar his tea well well o.

The songs are available for free download and the response has been great. Thanks smiley Shooting a few videos next month and finishing up my mix-tape. Artistes don't make no money till they are known and have established a fan base so thats what I'm working on now. No be small thing o, but e go happen. I gotta run but I will respond to your post later today. Thanks

Thank you oh my brother smiley my own tea self sweet pas sugar. Mehn you just saw the email after like 3 months? na wa oh . . . I know say you be superstar wey get secretary wey dey check your mail for you. Make you no forget us sha smiley. Congrats on the album and leg-work so far!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Seek Ye The Living Among The Dead? He Is Risen! / All Men Are Equal Under God? / God Vs Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.