Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,278 members, 7,780,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:18 PM

My Housemaid Has Been Ordered By My Wife Not To Communicate With Me - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Housemaid Has Been Ordered By My Wife Not To Communicate With Me (8277 Views)

Lagos Housemaid Elopes With Boyfriend, Steals Madam's Money, Underwear / Shocking: Ex-footballer Odartey Lamptey Discovers 3 Kids With Wife Not His / Wife Not Turning Me On Anymore. I Feel Bad. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Housemaid Has Been Ordered By My Wife Not To Communicate With Me by duvaale: 4:31pm On Nov 17, 2010
For obvious reasons, there is an unwritten law in my house that my housemaid has no access to me whatsoever. I can only communicate her through my wife.

For about one year or so now, I haven't had any reason to question this arrangement. Afterall, she does the home chores very well and any assistance I need has always been taken care of. But an incident that happened few days ago has thrown my home into confusion. I closed work early on this fateful day and got home at about 5:00 PM. My wife, who was away, came in at about 8:30 PM. She told me shortly after that our two year old son almost swallowed a sharp metal object and that it took a timely intervention of our housemaid to help the young boy throw up the object. I thanked God for His marvelous works in protecting the child and thereafter queried why I was not informed of the incident since I was home for over three hours before my wife's arrival. To my astonishment, my wife told me that my housemaid is not authorised to communicate me because the accident was averted. I consider this a direct affront to my position as the head of the family. As the father of the house, I should be on top of every HEALTH/SECURITY issue in the family. Therefore, I think it's completely unacceptable to deny me any vital information regarding the health or security of my child. I need your candid opinion and advice on this matter.
Re: My Housemaid Has Been Ordered By My Wife Not To Communicate With Me by rubi(f): 4:36pm On Nov 17, 2010
Something must have happened in the family for your wife to instruct the maid not to communicate to you directly. Will be right back
Re: My Housemaid Has Been Ordered By My Wife Not To Communicate With Me by thweraja10: 5:06pm On Nov 17, 2010
Im sensing trouble here. Its like to wife has done something that the house maid knows about and she feels the best way to cover up was to prevent the housemaid for talking to you.

may be you will have to go back home early again and try to talk to that house maid u might just get some vital info. who knows
Re: My Housemaid Has Been Ordered By My Wife Not To Communicate With Me by tpia5: 5:21pm On Nov 17, 2010
I should be on top of every HEALTH/SECURITY/HOUSEMAID in the family

Yes nah.

Therefore, I think it's completely unacceptable to deny me

hmph.

straw men arguments.
Re: My Housemaid Has Been Ordered By My Wife Not To Communicate With Me by OAM4J: 6:23pm On Nov 17, 2010
thweraja10:

Im sensing trouble here. Its like to wife has done something that the house maid knows about and she feels the best way to cover up was to prevent the housemaid for talking to you.

may be you will have to go back home early again and try to talk to that house maid u might just get some vital info. who knows

The above doesnt make much sense.

@OP

I think your wife is only taking a preventive measure here. She doesn't want any familiarization that will lead to temptation and other ugly incidents to develop. There are so many unpleasant stories of housemaids/ogas out there. Prevention they say is better than cure. Take it that your wife is only protecting you and the family, and try not to make any fuss about it. Though you might tell your wife that any issue that put the life of your kids/family in danger is serious enough to warrant your attention.

Trust me it is better and safer when these housemaids are TOTALLY handled by the Madam of the house.
Re: My Housemaid Has Been Ordered By My Wife Not To Communicate With Me by ikamefa(f): 6:53pm On Nov 17, 2010
thweraja10:

grin "  you must be psychic or a very good detective  cheesy  your sense - o- meter is off da chains meen  grin grin

so what if the house maid is a she-devil in disguise and decides to cook up one humongous crappy story?  cheesy

OAM4J:

The above doesnt make much sense.

@OP

I think your wife is only taking a preventive measure here. She doesn't want any familiarization that will lead to temptation and other ugly incidents to develop. There are so many unpleasant stories of housemaids/ogas out there. Prevention they say is better than cure. Take it that your wife is only protecting you and the family, and try not to make any fuss about it. Though you might tell your wife that any issue that put the life of your kids/family in danger is serious enough to warrant your attention.

Trust me it is better and safer when these housemaids are TOTALLY handled by the Madam of the house.

gbam!!!

@ topic the best option is having a heart to heart with your wife, she must have her reasons

1 Like

Re: My Housemaid Has Been Ordered By My Wife Not To Communicate With Me by SisiKill1: 7:30pm On Nov 17, 2010
You are angry at the wrong reasons my friend, you should be mad that your wife obviously lacks faith in you. Yep, she has convinced herself that with you, talking is pre-intimacy and more talking will lead to you jumping in the sack with the young and nubile maid.

Insecurity in it's highest level!

Next Stop: Do not talk to the young agege bread seller down the street. After that, do not speak or even look at the any woman who isn't your wife. I believe by the time she's succeded in alienating you from the rest of the female population, you two will live happily ever after.

Best of luck with that.
Re: My Housemaid Has Been Ordered By My Wife Not To Communicate With Me by SisiKill1: 7:39pm On Nov 17, 2010
Amazing how people are carrying on like that shite is normal behavior.

preventive measure my cute patootie. How about not having a housemaid at all, what could be more preventive than that? She wants to eat her cake and have it too, never mind the fact that she's making her husband uncomfortable in his own home.

Nonsense.
Re: My Housemaid Has Been Ordered By My Wife Not To Communicate With Me by BrOwnSuga3: 8:35pm On Nov 17, 2010
I dont see any sense in what your wife did/is doing. what if that child (God forbid) had swallowed that sharp object and died?

its better you dont have a housemaid at all. you wife is lucky nothing happend to her child. You have to do something about it man
Re: My Housemaid Has Been Ordered By My Wife Not To Communicate With Me by kokoye(m): 8:37pm On Nov 17, 2010
Thank you Sisi_Kill.

Nuff said
Re: My Housemaid Has Been Ordered By My Wife Not To Communicate With Me by mutter(f): 9:00pm On Nov 17, 2010
Maybe your wife was just worried that the girl might tell you the story in a way that might frighten you. In such a case it is better to hear from the wife.
However it is not a normal arrangement. Your wife is just acting on all the tales she has heard.
How does your wife treat this girl?
This arrangement is convenient for your wife because so she has control about what information you get.
Imagine your wife not being able to talk to the driver.
QHy don`t you do without a househelp if the situation is that bad.
I personally find this housegirl issue an abuse.
Re: My Housemaid Has Been Ordered By My Wife Not To Communicate With Me by toosexy1: 9:44pm On Nov 17, 2010
Sisi_Kill:

Amazing how people are carrying on like that shite is normal behavior.

preventive measure my cute patootie. How about not having a housemaid at all, what could be more preventive than that? She wants to eat her cake and have it too, never mind the fact that she's making her husband uncomfortable in his own home.

Nonsense.

@sisi, thumb up babe.
@poster, how about banning house girl in ur home? dnt you fink that will clear the smelling fart and there will be no need for unnecessary suspicion.

truth is bitter but me i will ask u this
why are you so bothered about your house girl not communicating wiff you?
i sense a smelling shit man
Re: My Housemaid Has Been Ordered By My Wife Not To Communicate With Me by nethacker(m): 9:53pm On Nov 17, 2010
@OP i think it's better not to have the housemaid at all.trust me, u r abt 2 experience more of it which to me depicts insecurity on d part of ur wife and/or she doesn't trust u with any woman embarassed
that is xter deformation, y not talk 2 her abt it,she might hv somtin to say lipsrsealed

u knw some housemaid too r so fond of luring their madam's husband by perambulating the whole house in mini skirts n jumper spaghs grin
Re: My Housemaid Has Been Ordered By My Wife Not To Communicate With Me by ifyalways(f): 10:05pm On Nov 17, 2010
@Op,ur wife sees u as a he-goat who at the slightest chance wud sleep with anyone.why stay with one u dont trust
Re: My Housemaid Has Been Ordered By My Wife Not To Communicate With Me by plappville(f): 10:39pm On Nov 17, 2010
Nigérians Will use their own money to buy wahala for House!!! How Many kids ve u?
How big is ur House that both of u cannot handle thé domestic work? Our women are becoming very lazy thèse day, if u know u are scared of ur housemaid taking ur Hubby, why do u ve to employ one and then treat her like a slave?
@ poster, plz try and stop been worried for this kind of autority, i guess there is fear in thé marriage.
Thé best thing for u is not to ve a maid at all. Or if really u guys can't help it, employ a daily maid, at lease, she Côme to Work some hours par day.

housemaid My foot, when My handS and legs are complete!
Re: My Housemaid Has Been Ordered By My Wife Not To Communicate With Me by propofol: 10:54pm On Nov 17, 2010
angry im sorry to inform you that your wife does not trust u period. its sad. i mean is it that she for some reason feels u may pounce on your maid one day. your very own child had a serious domestic accident and the dumb maid did not inform u because she's been told not to talk to you!! supposing it was something she could not handle and the outcome was worse, i really dont understand why your wife would give such orders. very sooon she'll say you should sack all the females in your office. marriage is built on trust,or have you done anything in the past for her to treat like this? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: My Housemaid Has Been Ordered By My Wife Not To Communicate With Me by Osama10(m): 10:57pm On Nov 17, 2010
I think your wife is just scared about you getting involved with the house maid, she is just trying to play safe.
Re: My Housemaid Has Been Ordered By My Wife Not To Communicate With Me by Shock(m): 11:03pm On Nov 17, 2010
Send your housemaid away, give no reasons/explanations
Re: My Housemaid Has Been Ordered By My Wife Not To Communicate With Me by Seun(m): 11:05pm On Nov 17, 2010
Look, if the arrangement has worked so far, you should not mess with it.  
Next time, the househelp should tell the child to go and tell his daddy what happened.

Shock:

Send your housemaid away, give no reasons/explanations
To what end??
Re: My Housemaid Has Been Ordered By My Wife Not To Communicate With Me by JeSoul(f): 11:08pm On Nov 17, 2010
Perhaps this is why your "wife" has zero trust in you - and rightfully so:

Re: Need A Frend I Can Always Count On, Prefarably A Male: No Strings Attached.
duvaale:

Sure, you can count on me. I will light up your life again; no jokes. send me a mail today on skypowerTJ@gmail.com

Re: I Need A Decent Working Class Lady For Intimate Relationship
duvaale:

I need a decent working class lady not older than 35 yrs for intimate relationship.  I can be reached on e-mail: skypowerTJ@gmail.com . Please leave your phone number when you write.

1 Like

Re: My Housemaid Has Been Ordered By My Wife Not To Communicate With Me by hackney(m): 11:08pm On Nov 17, 2010
Is she like mercy johnson in 'the coperate maid' ? ?
Yum! !
Re: My Housemaid Has Been Ordered By My Wife Not To Communicate With Me by life707: 11:08pm On Nov 17, 2010
@OP,
The secret of a man & his wife is in their bedroom.

I believe u know what to do.
Re: My Housemaid Has Been Ordered By My Wife Not To Communicate With Me by MOORCHMOORE(m): 11:14pm On Nov 17, 2010
Either Rubi or Thweraja10
Re: My Housemaid Has Been Ordered By My Wife Not To Communicate With Me by MOORCHMOORE(m): 11:14pm On Nov 17, 2010
Either Rubi or Thweraja10
Re: My Housemaid Has Been Ordered By My Wife Not To Communicate With Me by freecocoa(f): 11:16pm On Nov 17, 2010
Your wife thinks she's playing the prevention is better than cure card here,but she's doimg it the wrong way,doesn't she know that if you want to screw the maid,you can use sign language,or maybe pass her a note or something,the maid can even get down wif u without her saying a word to you(na wa o there are so many ways to screw a maid i mean kill a rat)the best preventive measure is don't get a maid at all,but that doesn't mean there no girls elsewhere sha so you just have to let your wife understand she can trust you with the maid,can she op?
Re: My Housemaid Has Been Ordered By My Wife Not To Communicate With Me by MaiSuya(m): 11:18pm On Nov 17, 2010
duvaale:

[b]For obvious reasons, [/b]there is an unwritten law in my house that my housemaid has no access to me whatsoever. I can only communicate her through my wife.

What obvious reasons??
Re: My Housemaid Has Been Ordered By My Wife Not To Communicate With Me by sirwebs(m): 11:26pm On Nov 17, 2010
crazy family
Re: My Housemaid Has Been Ordered By My Wife Not To Communicate With Me by snowdrops(m): 11:28pm On Nov 17, 2010
post pics of your housemaid here, lets see the anterior, posterior and side views.

then it would become clearer why your madam has acted such

1 Like

Re: My Housemaid Has Been Ordered By My Wife Not To Communicate With Me by believe11: 11:35pm On Nov 17, 2010
an sensing ekaette,
Re: My Housemaid Has Been Ordered By My Wife Not To Communicate With Me by Nobody: 11:41pm On Nov 17, 2010
duvaale:

I consider this a direct affront to my position as the head of the family. As the father of the house, I should be on top of every HEALTH/SECURITY issue in the family.
Oh for crying out loud.
Marriage is all about companionship, not a master(husband) and slave(wife) galour.

1 Like

Re: My Housemaid Has Been Ordered By My Wife Not To Communicate With Me by Nobody: 11:45pm On Nov 17, 2010
JeSoul:

Perhaps this is why your "wife" has zero trust in you - and rightfully so:

Re:  Need A Frend I Can Always Count On, Prefarably A Male:  No Strings Attached.
Re: I Need A Decent Working Class Lady For Intimate Relationship
Has nobody seen this? Or why are people still taking sides with this man?

1 Like

Re: My Housemaid Has Been Ordered By My Wife Not To Communicate With Me by TalkItAll: 11:46pm On Nov 17, 2010
post pics of your housemaid here, lets see the anterior, posterior and side views.

then it would become clearer why your madam has acted such

I think u have a point here.
I also think something must have prompted ur wife to tow this line (a toad does not run in the day time for nothing), maybe some inappropriate behavior on ur part from the past. Never underestimate the instincts of a woman.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Have You Ever Seen Grandma Of 35yrs To 40yrs Old? / Is Marriage A Failed Union? / Domestic Violence: An Undeserved Experience For Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.