Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,748 members, 7,802,291 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India (3807 Views)

Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat / Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. / South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by Mamajama(m): 1:47pm On May 23, 2007
A senior Nigerian diplomat was reportedly caught by Indian authorities on Monday as he was trying to board a flight from New Delhi to Lagos with $2.27 million (about N300 million) in cash in his possession.

The diplomat, Defence Adviser to the Nigerian High Commissioner in India, Captain G.A. Ojedokun, was reportedly caught when Indian Airlines staff members handling baggage on the early morning shift at the Indira Gandhi International Airport were alerted by the X-ray images of the contents of his bag

http://www.tribune.com.ng/23052007/news/news3.html
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by DisGuy: 2:51pm On May 23, 2007
'come on he just forgot to declare it' grin

are we obsessed with cash or what?

Last minute chop ups, all these officials will clean up before they hand over, let them throw him in an indian prison cool
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by Mamajama(m): 3:02pm On May 23, 2007
some of this people are just insane, how do you think you can take such huge amount through X ray merchines and not get caught? na who be him JUJU master?
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by mohadana: 3:04pm On May 23, 2007
nigerians are too greedy. grin
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by Mamajama(m): 3:16pm On May 23, 2007
It will be interesting to know where the money came from, maybe na money doubler, lol
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by joobreel(m): 3:40pm On May 23, 2007
excuse me, and adviser, not the Ambassador himself. come, where is this big amount from? if an adviser fit carry that kyn money, when will nigeria be free of corruption. well, may be he is doing last minute house cleaning. i concur, let him be put in indian prison. he myt wade his way thru if he comes to nigeria. ole. a ko tile ta. wait, i think the best remedy for this money 'carriers' should be 'shoot at sight' immidiately they are caught. that will send signals to the money carriers to-be
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by angel101(f): 3:43pm On May 23, 2007
he was released soon after and allowed to continue his journey to nigeria
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by docokwy(m): 3:46pm On May 23, 2007
These Yoruba them sef
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by Mamajama(m): 3:50pm On May 23, 2007
Immunity baby, what has YORUBA got to do with corruption? Una don start this tribal war again?
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by Godfathern(m): 6:44pm On May 23, 2007
What is the guy's offense, is it for not declaring N300 million or for carrying N300 million? grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by saintchux(m): 6:45pm On May 23, 2007
The guy is mumu, he should have waited for presidential jet to come.
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by naijaway(m): 8:36pm On May 23, 2007
but he was going to lagos and not going to another place. Is better the money comes our way. Those indian authorities should tell us what they did or are going to do with the money.
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by DisGuy: 8:40pm On May 23, 2007
naijaway:

but he was going to lagos and not going to another place. Is better the money comes our way. Those indian authorities should tell us what they did or are going to do with the money.

so because it's going our way no problem? Why do we always want foreign police to return stolen money?
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by naijaway(m): 8:48pm On May 23, 2007
Foreign police don't want to return our money thats why we are targets. Am not supporting him per se but this case was a legit money cuz I saw the story in the news. The truth is that nigerians make huge legit money and some don't that doesn't mean that everyone is a crook. Is it the bank that is safe? If he had done it through the bank they will still accuse him.
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by DisGuy: 9:00pm On May 23, 2007
can you please give a link to the other story this is the only one i have seen, cheers.

Foreign police don't want to return our money thats why we are targets.
We are not targets because they want our money, we are targets becos we break the rule most fo the time esp this cash carrying craze. what are visa cards for atleast they are using it in nigeria.

The truth is that nigerians make huge legit money and some don't that doesn't mean that everyone is a crook. Is it the bank that is safe? If he had done it through the bank they will still accuse him.

yes nigerians are very hard working and make legit money but so are other nationalities who either declare the money before the whole drama or use the 'standard' transfers. the banks have legal backing. and if tehy accuse you just explain
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by ToToChoper: 9:09pm On May 23, 2007
Make them Indians treat am like we dey do criminals for guardroom.

Take koboko flog all im yansh well well for morning breakfast.  grin grin grin im go talk tru by force.
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by naijaway(m): 9:13pm On May 23, 2007
@dis guy; i saw it on AIT, and NTA and also heard it on ray power. believe me if it were some BS they would almost always say so.
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by NaijaProf(m): 9:44pm On May 23, 2007
I think this guy was just using his postion and diplomatic immunity to offer service maybe to some drug baron or politician. He's just a conduit looking forward to a 10% service fee for a job well done before it all went awry. Dont call him mugu for he had tested waters before. This just went wrong.
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by Mamajama(m): 9:56pm On May 23, 2007
the crime is money laundry you travel with such huge amount without declaring it is a crime in most countries, and How do you justify a public official with Millions in $ not Naira, I smell RAT RACE
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by DisGuy: 10:01pm On May 23, 2007
NaijaProf:

I think this guy was just using his postion and diplomatic immunity to offer service maybe to some drug baron or politician. He's just a conduit looking forward to a 10% service fee for a job well done before it all went awry. Dont call him mugu for he had tested waters before. This just went wrong.

No this went right! He got caught! now he'll be eatin chipata and badly prepared chicken tikka masala  cool
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by fromuk(m): 10:02pm On May 23, 2007
Na wahooooooooooooooooooo, no coment.
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by temmyabby(f): 10:02pm On May 23, 2007
na God catch am grin
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by NaijaProf(m): 10:07pm On May 23, 2007
mamajama,yes, it is money laundering and it is a crime. Nobody is supporting or condoning crime in any shape. Point is, I think he's just a courier and definitely had done it before.
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by hbrednic: 10:19pm On May 23, 2007
it is a wonderful world, but dont ask me why.
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by Ifeniyi22(m): 10:44pm On May 23, 2007
everyday for thief, grin
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by nazzyon(m): 10:45pm On May 23, 2007
But why would you travel with such huge amount?

Master Cards and all sorts of cards are available nowadays. But why, I don't believe that some rich blokes will get stupid and go around with large sums of money like.

You will not be crucified if you have millions of Dollars in seperate account and transfered to you card.

Imagine all the possibilities of him loosing the money. It is only in Nigeria that you see people walking around with large sums of cash. Whenever I am doing a transaction worth over 100,000 it rather will be with a card.

So greediness can also turn the rich to idiots.
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by NaijaProf(m): 10:56pm On May 23, 2007
nazzyon, u sound as if u don t know some people want to move money from country to country without leaving any trace. That's the meaning of Money Laundering ie money cleaning. So he knows about your mastercard before opting for this option. He aint no fool.
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by fromuk(m): 10:59pm On May 23, 2007
For the fact he did not declare the fund makes the source questionable, he he must tell us who send him or
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by DRBLACKY: 12:02am On May 24, 2007
give this guy a break,he was bringing the money home not taking it out,to better the lot of we NIGERIANS.
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by Nobody: 12:04am On May 24, 2007
They should lock him up in some jamo ghetto prison and make him pass the dutchie by the left hand side.
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by Mamajama(m): 1:01am On May 24, 2007
it doesnt matter that he is bringing the money home a crime is a crime, its just like a son that rubs his brother and used the money to buy his mother a gift.
Re: Nigerian Diplomat Caught With N300m In India by BBoy3(m): 3:05am On May 24, 2007
Exactly, who in their right mind attempts to carry $2m plus on a flight (in luggage, x-ray scanned) without declaring it? It is just pure and simple greed, they should have paid off the officials at the airport grin Serves him right - Diplomatic immunity ko!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet Hon Patrick Obahiagbon. .get ready to laugh out loud. . / Ibb: What I Discussed With Jonathan ! / Boko-haram Gives Reasons For Killing Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.