Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,816 members, 7,802,619 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

My Visit To Controversial Cairo Airport Stone Sculpture (photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Visit To Controversial Cairo Airport Stone Sculpture (photos) (43906 Views)

London-bound Nigerian Passenger Dies Aboard Egypt Air, Corpse ‘dumped In Cairo' / My Visit To Willow Wood: Hotel Allegedly Owned By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri / My Empty Flight Experience On EgyptAir From Cairo To Athens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Visit To Controversial Cairo Airport Stone Sculpture (photos) by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 14, 2019
Cairo is the craziest and amazing city I’ve visited

In the picture below, there are two controversial stones at Cairo International Airport one carrying the other with a rope seems to defy the laws of physics. This sculpture is located at Cairo Airport and this picture has forced millions on the web to think. At first glance, it gives us an impression that something about the sculpture is just not right, and at second look, it just seems impossible. Apparently, it is!

Its has been shared thousands of times in multiple posts on Facebook which claim it shows stones tied up by the Prophet Mohammed 1400 years ago. The claim is false; the photo shows a sculpture created by an Egyptian artist for Cairo International airport in 2008.

The million-dollar question is how did the engineers managed to hang the stones in the air? How did he or she do it? Is it real? Should I caress the rope? Can it be rope? Have I got the courage to tap on the rocks to see if they are indeed rocks or maybe fibreglass?

I touched it understanding its made of iron sieve wrapped with cloth, after that they color it just like a stone. So total weight may be around 5 kg of each stone. These two are linked with iron bar covered with Rope string.

It is actually a sculpture made by Sha’ban Abbas.

Source: https://mandynews.com/my-visit-to-controversial-cairo-airport-stone-sculpture-photos/

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Visit To Controversial Cairo Airport Stone Sculpture (photos) by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 14, 2019
justwise, DisGuy, lalasticlala

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Controversial Cairo Airport Stone Sculpture (photos) by horlahsunbo225(m): 8:56pm On Nov 14, 2019
Wonderful

FTC

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Visit To Controversial Cairo Airport Stone Sculpture (photos) by Tinaagboba: 8:57pm On Nov 14, 2019
Amazing

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Visit To Controversial Cairo Airport Stone Sculpture (photos) by Flexherbal(m): 9:13pm On Nov 14, 2019
Lovely!

What a piece of art !!!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Controversial Cairo Airport Stone Sculpture (photos) by obiekunie2: 10:27pm On Nov 14, 2019
Nigerians eh!

una can travel!!

9 Likes

Re: My Visit To Controversial Cairo Airport Stone Sculpture (photos) by Wesporting: 9:49am On Nov 15, 2019
obiekunie2:
Nigerians eh!

una can travel!!

Are you not a Nigerian?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Controversial Cairo Airport Stone Sculpture (photos) by Mshad662(m): 11:09am On Nov 15, 2019
See me see trouble Collins Are you a Ya.........

From Greece to Cairo

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Controversial Cairo Airport Stone Sculpture (photos) by Jestin: 11:09am On Nov 15, 2019
Other smaller Africa countries are progressing while Nigeria is still far behind . Buying Pvc for 500 naira in Bayelsa , putting modalities in place on how to ring Kogi election , Oshiomole vs Obaseki in Benin and so on

41 Likes

Re: My Visit To Controversial Cairo Airport Stone Sculpture (photos) by SocialJustice: 11:09am On Nov 15, 2019
Nice piece

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Controversial Cairo Airport Stone Sculpture (photos) by bdindy546: 11:10am On Nov 15, 2019
wow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Controversial Cairo Airport Stone Sculpture (photos) by NaijaMutant(f): 11:11am On Nov 15, 2019
Jestin:
Other smaller Africa countries are processing while Nigeria is still far behind . Buying Pvc for 500 naira in Bayelsa , putting modalities in place on how to ring Kogi election , Oshiomole vs Obaseki in Benin and so on

Just keep processing until you're fully processed grin

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Controversial Cairo Airport Stone Sculpture (photos) by dimexy247(m): 11:11am On Nov 15, 2019
Great
Re: My Visit To Controversial Cairo Airport Stone Sculpture (photos) by kenny714433(m): 11:11am On Nov 15, 2019
Hmm

This is just about balance moments by finding the centroid of those irregular shapes.

Who wouldn't know that the mass up there will be lighter than the support(rod) disguised as rope?
Only outside the plannet where there's no gravitational force can this be applicable.

Op, nice one though. How I wish I could also travel round the world and see fascinating places.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Controversial Cairo Airport Stone Sculpture (photos) by sotall(m): 11:11am On Nov 15, 2019
cool
Re: My Visit To Controversial Cairo Airport Stone Sculpture (photos) by ednut1(m): 11:11am On Nov 15, 2019
U no go pyramid

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Controversial Cairo Airport Stone Sculpture (photos) by bonranty74: 11:12am On Nov 15, 2019
dat stone stands in the air?
Re: My Visit To Controversial Cairo Airport Stone Sculpture (photos) by Fryzi(m): 11:12am On Nov 15, 2019
Here in Nigeria, we have all the resources it takes to make this nation heaven on earth. Infact, Nigeria, Giant of Africa as they call it.. Should be Africa's centre for tourism.. But instead, an eyesore, a pity nation and a dump yard...

6 Likes

Re: My Visit To Controversial Cairo Airport Stone Sculpture (photos) by VulgarLee(m): 11:12am On Nov 15, 2019
Amazing
Re: My Visit To Controversial Cairo Airport Stone Sculpture (photos) by Arysexy(m): 11:12am On Nov 15, 2019
Lolling at "stone tied 1400 years ago by the prophet" cheesy

Probably one of the miracles done by the prophet.

Art is life

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Controversial Cairo Airport Stone Sculpture (photos) by richardjemedafe1(m): 11:12am On Nov 15, 2019
wow..wow..wow
Re: My Visit To Controversial Cairo Airport Stone Sculpture (photos) by gurunlocker: 11:13am On Nov 15, 2019
No be only tied by Prophet Muhammad......

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Controversial Cairo Airport Stone Sculpture (photos) by TheGameYard(m): 11:13am On Nov 15, 2019
They'll now tell you to share the post on ur WhatsApp or you'll die ���

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Controversial Cairo Airport Stone Sculpture (photos) by WonderManly(m): 11:13am On Nov 15, 2019
Good! God is wonderful to gave someone such wisdom!
Re: My Visit To Controversial Cairo Airport Stone Sculpture (photos) by anonimi: 11:14am On Nov 15, 2019
CollinsWeGlobe:
Cairo is the craziest and amazing city I’ve visited

In the picture below, there are two controversial stones at Cairo International Airport one carrying the other with a rope seems to defy the laws of physics. This sculpture is located at Cairo Airport and this picture has forced millions on the web to think. At first glance, it gives us an impression that something about the sculpture is just not right, and at second look, it just seems impossible. Apparently, it is!

Its has been shared thousands of times in multiple posts on Facebook which claim it shows stones tied up by the Prophet Mohammed 1400 years ago. The claim is false; the photo shows a sculpture created by an Egyptian artist for Cairo International airport in 2008.

The million-dollar question is how did the engineers managed to hang the stones in the air? How did he or she do it? Is it real? Should I caress the rope? Can it be rope? Have I got the courage to tap on the rocks to see if they are indeed rocks or maybe fibreglass?

I touched it understanding its made of iron sieve wrapped with cloth, after that they color it just like a stone. So total weight may be around 5 kg of each stone. These two are linked with iron bar covered with Rope string.

It is actually a sculpture made by Sha’ban Abbas.

Source: https://mandynews.com/my-visit-to-controversial-cairo-airport-stone-sculpture-photos/

Thank you o for the redemption from mental, religious slavery.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4138528_fbimg1471362711749_jpeg32428b294a57b4debde63e3fd7301227

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Controversial Cairo Airport Stone Sculpture (photos) by amerimex(m): 11:14am On Nov 15, 2019
Educative, nice one, keep it up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Controversial Cairo Airport Stone Sculpture (photos) by anonimi: 11:15am On Nov 15, 2019
TheGameYard:
They'll now tell you to share the post on ur WhatsApp or you'll die ���

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4155194_religionquote_jpeg51ef818e81f851e5958395931ebafe6f

3 Likes

Re: My Visit To Controversial Cairo Airport Stone Sculpture (photos) by symbianDON(m): 11:15am On Nov 15, 2019
wow!! impressive! the artist is indeed a very smart man.
Re: My Visit To Controversial Cairo Airport Stone Sculpture (photos) by bennynaza(m): 11:17am On Nov 15, 2019
If I reach there, I go push am down.
"For our weapons of warfare are not carnal but mighty to the pulling down of strongholds".
"If thou have have faith like mustard seed, you shall move mountains".
"Who art thou oh mountain before zerubabel, thou shalt be made plain".
"The Egyptians you see today, you shall see then no more".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Controversial Cairo Airport Stone Sculpture (photos) by Kendumazy(m): 11:18am On Nov 15, 2019
Ajala travel. Nice one bro.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is There Any White Country Nigeria Is Better Than? / Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) / Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.