Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

Is Dr. Dre Dead? Dre to retire from music after Detox is released.*update* - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is Dr. Dre Dead? Dre to retire from music after Detox is released.*update* (3367 Views)

All The Photos From Music Meets Runway 2014 Red Carpet / Pictures From Music Meets Runway / Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Dr. Dre Dead? Dre to retire from music after Detox is released.*update* by mcwalka(m): 11:58am On Nov 18, 2010
"As far as me going into the mic booth, that shit is over," he told XXL magazine. "I'm getting older , I'm always going to talent scout and try to find new artists to work with. But, yeah, that's it.
FULL DETAIL

http://www.drdre.com/kush/
DOWNLOAD AND LISTEN TO TRACK HERE
http://mcwalka..com/2010/11/is-dr-dre-dead_1858.html

The album[b] The Detox[/b] already has confirmed appearences by 50 Cent and Eminem while Drake is rumoured to be making a cameo on the most anticipated rap album of all time,
Re: Is Dr. Dre Dead? Dre to retire from music after Detox is released.*update* by tosinaded(m): 12:24pm On Nov 18, 2010
U cant even quote the lyrics correctly. . .smh
Re: Is Dr. Dre Dead? Dre to retire from music after Detox is released.*update* by mcwalka(m): 12:50pm On Nov 18, 2010
tosinaded@:

U cant even quote the lyrics correctly. . .smh

PLEASE QUOTE CORRECTLY,
Re: Is Dr. Dre Dead? Dre to retire from music after Detox is released.*update* by mcwalka(m): 9:56am On Nov 19, 2010
"I Need A Doctor"
(feat. Eminem, Liz Rodrigues)

[Chorus - Liz Rodriguez]
I'm about to lose my mind
you've been gone for so long
I'm running out of time
I need a doctor
call me a doctor
I need a doctor, doctor
to bring me back to life

[Eminem]
I told the World one day I would pay it back
say it on tape, and lay it, record it
so that one day I could play it back
but I don't even know if I believe it when I'm saying that
ya'll starting to creep in, everyday its so grey and black
hope, I just need a ray of that
cause no one see's my vision when I play it for 'em
they just say its wack
they don't know what dope is
and I don't know if I was awake or asleep
when I wrote this,
all I know is you came to me when I was at my lowest
you picked me up, breeding life in me
I owe my life to you
before the life of me, I don't see why you don't see like I do
but it just dawned on me you lost a son
see this light in you, it's dark.
let me turn on the lights and brighten me and enlighten you
I don't think you realize what you mean to me
not the slightest clue
cause me and you were like a crew
I was like your sidekick
you gon either wanna fight me when I get off this fucking mic
or you gon hug me
but I'm not an option, there's nothing else I can do cause,

[Chorus - Liz Rodriguez]
I'm running out of time
I need a doctor
call me a doctor
I need a doctor, doctor
to bring me back to life

[Eminem]
It hurts when I see you struggle
you come to me with ideas
you say there just pieces so I'm puzzled
cause the shit I hear is crazy
but your either getting lazy or you don't believe in you no more
seems like your own opinions, not one you can form
cant make a decision you keep questioning yourself
second guessing and its almost like your begging for my help
like I'm your leader
your supposed to fucking be my mentor
I can endure no more,
I demand you remember who you are
it was YOU, who believed in me
when everyone was telling you don't sign me
everyone at the fucking label, lets tell the truth
you risked your career for me
I know it as well as you
nobody wanted to Bleep with the white boy
Dre, I'm crying in this booth
you saved my life, now maybe its my turn to save yours
but I can never repay you, what you did for me is way more
but I ain't giving up faith and you ain't giving up on me
get up Dre, I'm dying, I need you, come back for Bleep's sake

[Chorus - Liz Rodriguez]
I'm running out of time
I need a doctor
call me a doctor
I need a doctor, doctor
to bring me back to life
bring me back to life
bring me back to life

(I need a doctor, doctor
to bring me back to life)

[Dr Dre]
It literally feels like a lifetime ago
but I still remember the shit like it was just yesterday though
you walked in, yellow jump suit
whole room, cracked jokes
once you got inside the booth, told you, like smoke
went through friends, some of them I put on
but they just left, they said they was riding to the death
but where the Bleep are they now
now that I need them, I don't see none of them
all I see is Slim
Bleep all you fair-weather friends
all I need is him
fucking backstabbers
when the chips were down you just laughed at us
now you bout to feel the fucking wrath of aftermath, gays
you gon see us in our lab jackets and ask us where the Bleep we been?
you can kiss my indecisive ass crack maggots and the crackers ass
little crack a jack beat making wack math,
backwards producers, I'm back bastards
one more CD and then I'm packing up my bags and as I'm leaving
I'll guarantee they scream Dre don't leave us like that man cause,

[Chorus]
I'm running out of time
I need a doctor
call me a doctor
I need a doctor, doctor
to bring me back to life

"I Need A Doctor" was produced by the British-born beatmaker Alex Da Kid and its hook is supplied by Liz Rodrigues of the New Royales, who's worked with Dre before

http://mcwalka..com/2010/11/is-dr-dre-dead_1858.html
Re: Is Dr. Dre Dead? Dre to retire from music after Detox is released.*update* by mcwalka(m): 5:10pm On Nov 20, 2010
Now who said Gangsta Rap is dead?
Re: Is Dr. Dre Dead? Dre to retire from music after Detox is released.*update* by Mrjayman: 7:54pm On Nov 23, 2010
BUT This aint gangsta.

the one ghostwritten by T.I would have been a nice gangsta song but the reference song was leaked b4 dre could release his version. the track title is TOPLESS ft Nas.
Re: Is Dr. Dre Dead? Dre to retire from music after Detox is released.*update* by eldee(m): 10:09pm On Nov 23, 2010
Reporter: Is Dr Dre dead??

Eminem: Yes

Reporter: "Ah, wait, no way, you're kidding,
he didn't just say what I think he did, did he?"

Eminem: Dr. Dre said, nothing you idiots!
Dr. Dre's dead, he's locked in my basement! (Ha-ha!) grin grin
Re: Is Dr. Dre Dead? Dre to retire from music after Detox is released.*update* by slimshay(m): 11:58am On Nov 24, 2010
Eldee, you dey here dey crack yokes, when MI2 dey trend. You will not come and do your own bit on NL? grin No thread no nothing.
Re: Is Dr. Dre Dead? Dre to retire from music after Detox is released.*update* by dawhizkid1(m): 2:16pm On Nov 24, 2010
slimshay, ur twitter username na?
Re: Is Dr. Dre Dead? Dre to retire from music after Detox is released.*update* by slimshay(m): 3:23pm On Nov 24, 2010
I actually use ma real name on twitter at the mo' so forgive me if i no put am for here wink. I no be rabid tweep anyways. Na to dey read I sabi pass. smiley
Re: Is Dr. Dre Dead? Dre to retire from music after Detox is released.*update* by eldee(m): 8:52pm On Nov 24, 2010
@Slim

I've not bought it yet, this is J.Cole week for me . . . I'll download it today and just leave it sumwhere till next week.
Re: Is Dr. Dre Dead? Dre to retire from music after Detox is released.*update* by slimshay(m): 9:24pm On Nov 24, 2010
Can't get it online till it hits the stores jare. I want the CD. Saw short back boy trending today and I almost fell off my seat. It took 50years for anything Nigerian to trend, I think, it took one nite for MI2 to trend. #hypetohbahdt lol
Re: Is Dr. Dre Dead? Dre to retire from music after Detox is released.*update* by eldee(m): 10:03pm On Nov 24, 2010
slimshay:

Can't get it online till it hits the stores jare. I want the CD. Saw short back boy trending today and I almost fell off my seat. It took 50years for anything Nigerian to trend, I think, it took one nite for MI2 to trend. #hypetohbahdt lol

I was shocked myself . . . when he tweeted that he wanted MI:2 to be a trending topic, I was like 'Na beans, even Dagrin no trend' . . . seeing it there was shocking.
M.I sells himself, what shall it profit an artist to win on Nairaland and lose in sales. grin grin
Re: Is Dr. Dre Dead? Dre to retire from music after Detox is released.*update* by mcwalka(m): 2:36pm On Nov 27, 2010
As fans await the NWA founder's third solo LP, which he has been working on since 2003

http://mcwalka..com/2010/11/dr-dre-to-retire-from-mic.html
Re: Is Dr. Dre Dead? Dre to retire from music after Detox is released.*update* by pheesayor(m): 6:40pm On Nov 27, 2010
eldee:

I was shocked myself . . . when he tweeted that he wanted MI:2 to be a trending topic, I was like 'Na beans, even Dagrin no trend' . . . seeing it there was shocking.
M.I sells himself, [b]what shall it profit an artist to win on Nairaland and lose in sale[/b]s. grin grin

Abeg tell them oooo
Re: Is Dr. Dre Dead? Dre to retire from music after Detox is released.*update* by mcwalka(m): 3:00am On Nov 29, 2010
dat is too cheap for mi,

(1) (Reply)

Fresh-music: Seyi Shay-irawo,mp3 / Throwback Picture VS Current Picture Of Wizkid And Yung6ix / I Sold My Soul To The Devil By Kanye West.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.