Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,724 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:25 AM

Kogi Election: 30 INEC Staff Missing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi Election: 30 INEC Staff Missing (24504 Views)

Kogi Election Tribunal: APC Legal Team Leader Angrily Stormed Out Of Court / INEC Declares Zamfara By-Election Inconclusive, 2 Adhoc Staff Missing / Dino Melaye Rocks Customized Agbada To Kogi Election Rally (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi Election: 30 INEC Staff Missing by GistMore12: 5:45am On Nov 17, 2019
The electoral commission, INEC, has declared 30 of its staff missing.

The ad-hoc staff took part in Saturday’s Kogi State governorship election. They were posted to Olamaboro Local Government Area (LGA) by the commission.

They were declared missing around 1 a.m. on Sunday during the final collation of results in the local government.

The missing INEC staff include Presiding Officers (POs) and Assistant Presiding Officers (APOs) of polling units in Imane ward 1 and 2 of Olamaboro LGA of Kogi State.

Many of the ad-hoc staff used by INEC are corps members of the NYSC.

Just as the whereabouts of the officials are unknown, results from the polling units where they served have also been declared missing.

Announcing the development, the LGA Election Officer, in-charge of collating and announcing the local government’s results, Garba Mahmood, said the INEC ad-hoc staff were reported missing after the observation of some police officers who raised concern that they were last seen shortly after voting ended at 2 p.m. on Saturday.

Mr Mahmood said repeated calls to their telephone numbers did not go through.

According to a PREMIUM TIMES AND PTCIJ observer who witnessed the declaration by Mr Mahmood, the official asked party agents whether or not the missing staff should be waited for. Based on their response, he declared them missing.

Mr Mahmood then released the names of the missing persons.

PREMIUM TIMES tried to contact the spokesperson to the INEC chairman, Rotimi Oyekanmi, on the status of the missing staff. He did not pick calls or reply a text message sent to him.

The police spokesperson in Kogi, William Aya, could also not be reached on the status of the missing persons.

The Kogi governorship election was characterized by violence, ballot box snatching, intimidation of voters and vote buying in many parts of the state.

Although 24 candidates are contesting the election, it is seen as a context between incumbent governor Yahaya Bello of the APC and Musa Wada of the PDP.

See the list of the missing staff as provided by INEC and the police at the Olamaboro collation centre.
Olamaboro III

Unit 002- (1) Oladipo Victor

(2) Achimi Samson P-08136653704

(3) Umar Faruk Sani-08032745663

(4) Adama Ibrahim

Unit 006- (1) Abayomi Roseline E.

(2) Onuche Abel E

(3) Onojah Emmanuel

(4) Umoru Mariam-

Unit 013- (1) Effiong Akwaowo-Ukpe

(2) Mattew Agada

(3) Samuel Ibrahim

(4) Sado Bello

Imane 1
Unit 006- (1) Nzeofia Kingsley- Presiding Officer (PO)

(2) Hassan Musa- Assistant Presiding Officer 1 (APO 1)

(3) Ekele Michael – Assistant Presiding Officer 2(APO 2)

(4) Ahmed Mattew – Assistant Presiding Officer 3(APO 3 )

Unit 012 -(1) Ovioawho Omonefe B.- Presiding Officer (PO)

(2) Baba Eric -Assistant Presiding Officer 1 (APO 1)

(3) Gabriel Samuel Assistant Presiding Officer 2 (APO 2)

Unit 015-(1) Nwafor Emmanuel- Presiding Officer (PO)

(2) Agada Ochegeugwa- Assistant Presiding Officer 1(APO 1)

(3) Ojih Martina- Assistant Presiding Officer 2(APO 2)

Unit 016 (1) Ezugwu Stanley- Presiding Officer (PO)

(2) Mohammed Abdullahi- Assistant Presiding Officer 1(APO 1)

(3) Mohammed Ibrahim- Assistant Presiding Officer 2(APO 2)

(4) Adejoh Joy- Assistant Presiding Officer 3(APO 3)

Unit 022 (1) Adebisi Comfort – Presiding Officer (PO)

(2) Yusuf Sofiat- Assistant Presiding Officer 1(APO 1)

(3) Onoja Alice- Assistant Presiding Officer 2(APO 2)

(4) Onuche Vincent- Assistant Presiding Officer 3(APO 3)

BY GISTMORE - https://gistmore.com/kogidecides-inec-declares-30-staff-missing-see-lists

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kogi Election: 30 INEC Staff Missing by GistMore12: 5:45am On Nov 17, 2019
smiley
Re: Kogi Election: 30 INEC Staff Missing by Mutemenot(m): 5:47am On Nov 17, 2019
shocked why won't they miss when you have a biased security setup for the elextion I pity those who choose to risk their lives for politicians

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Election: 30 INEC Staff Missing by olureignforever: 5:50am On Nov 17, 2019
Just to get power.
Re: Kogi Election: 30 INEC Staff Missing by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:57am On Nov 17, 2019
Buhari/INEC is a big minus to Nigerians!!!

They cannot conduct a successful election in just 2 states

Modified:
ehiski:

You should blame politicians and not INEC
Okay I will blame the crew and not the captain undecided quantinue!!!

You should have blamed Nigerians instead of PDP's 16years

Dey shift goal post upandan!!!

80 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kogi Election: 30 INEC Staff Missing by WonderManly(m): 6:06am On Nov 17, 2019
Nawa o! Missing here, missing there. Inside life! A beg, I no fit stay for Nigeria again ooo...

1 Like

Re: Kogi Election: 30 INEC Staff Missing by taiwiki(m): 6:16am On Nov 17, 2019
A whole 30staffs ....No security agents around?! tongue

3 Likes

Re: Kogi Election: 30 INEC Staff Missing by Chepos1(m): 6:21am On Nov 17, 2019
I can't risk my life to be ad hoc staff in this type of erection.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kogi Election: 30 INEC Staff Missing by b0rn2fuck(m): 6:25am On Nov 17, 2019
Goodluck Jonathan still remain the best , but Nigerian citizen got themselves here

73 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Kogi Election: 30 INEC Staff Missing by Nobody: 6:25am On Nov 17, 2019
Happy Sunday cheesy
Re: Kogi Election: 30 INEC Staff Missing by englishmart(m): 6:25am On Nov 17, 2019
Dubai is such a beautiful city that even Americans, I mean the real Americans, not Mexicans or Brazilians, US citizens are proud of. To think Nigeria has the same oil as UAE baffles me. Corruption keeps proliferating. We don't even demand good leadership, we just take whatever they give us hoping one day a good leader will come. Who does that? Nigerians.
O my God Dubai, I'm late for 6 O clock mass

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kogi Election: 30 INEC Staff Missing by Hotfreezer: 6:26am On Nov 17, 2019
Sad.

They must have locked them up in a room, forcing them to alter results.

Even Bayelsa wasn't as bad as this.

6 Likes

Re: Kogi Election: 30 INEC Staff Missing by Staro: 6:27am On Nov 17, 2019
They are somewhere thumb printing
for Bello.

They will reappear when the deal is done

Buhari is Nigeria's worst president

76 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Kogi Election: 30 INEC Staff Missing by Bennycollins: 6:28am On Nov 17, 2019
APC, Changi!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kogi Election: 30 INEC Staff Missing by J4JUVENTUS(m): 6:28am On Nov 17, 2019
What is happening in Nigeria. This country might never get better.. If APC that promised change ,has now become worst than PDP. I give up on this country.. May thurder strike all our bad leaders,most especially all APC leaders. I just dey vex. Dis nonsense dey vex me...

13 Likes

Re: Kogi Election: 30 INEC Staff Missing by Sunnycliff(m): 6:28am On Nov 17, 2019
I no fit laugh...

This APC government have been the worst on electoral malpractice.

Make them continue....power is transient

4 Likes

Re: Kogi Election: 30 INEC Staff Missing by VirginSearcher(m): 6:29am On Nov 17, 2019
Y'all should congratulate GEJ for conducting one of the freest election in Nigeria, Buhari is very useless

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kogi Election: 30 INEC Staff Missing by ddippset(m): 6:29am On Nov 17, 2019
grin

Nor be only missing.

One politician has lodged them in one 5 star hotel thumb printing under 5 hp A.C.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Election: 30 INEC Staff Missing by helinues: 6:29am On Nov 17, 2019
Too bad.

Politics of hatred/bitterness everywhere

1 Like

Re: Kogi Election: 30 INEC Staff Missing by VirginSearcher(m): 6:30am On Nov 17, 2019
b0rn2fuck:
Goodluck Jonathan still remain the best , but Nigerian citizen got themselves here
Only a massive unified protest can pull Buhari (Mr Lifeless) out, if not na still suffering and smiling for Nigerians

8 Likes

Re: Kogi Election: 30 INEC Staff Missing by socialmediaman: 6:31am On Nov 17, 2019
Someone cheat you over and over, each time he tells you a new story to make you believe in the system, then he cheats you again... what should we call such situation?

7 Likes

Re: Kogi Election: 30 INEC Staff Missing by Emceesaka: 6:31am On Nov 17, 2019
Inside life
Re: Kogi Election: 30 INEC Staff Missing by donprinyo(m): 6:31am On Nov 17, 2019
They r somewhere stamping ballot paper for bello.

4 Likes

Re: Kogi Election: 30 INEC Staff Missing by haryothosyn93(m): 6:31am On Nov 17, 2019
This is where we find ourselves as a nation. Just imagine for some set of people to remain in power without considering their own children one day will pay for this... I wish them safe returns

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Election: 30 INEC Staff Missing by affable4(m): 6:31am On Nov 17, 2019
I weep for Nigeria.

The main revolution won't be spear-headed by touts and jobless youths, but by seemingly comfortable workers in high places.

These people are just over-strechting their luck.

6 Likes

Re: Kogi Election: 30 INEC Staff Missing by iCauseTrouble: 6:31am On Nov 17, 2019
cool
Re: Kogi Election: 30 INEC Staff Missing by erasokafor(m): 6:33am On Nov 17, 2019
This is unheard of. When will Nigeria ever grow up politically? All these politics with bitterness takes us nowhere. I have been observing all these brigandage in the name of politics and keep I wondering when we'll ever get it right. I just hope the abducted would be released soon, even if they end up doing anything with the results. Lives first.

#IweepForthisCountry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Election: 30 INEC Staff Missing by ecclize: 6:33am On Nov 17, 2019
This kogi election is proving to be badda than Port Harcourt election...

1 Like

Re: Kogi Election: 30 INEC Staff Missing by Philinho(m): 6:33am On Nov 17, 2019
Bello knows their whereabout ...This is the change Buhari brought to us

8 Likes

Re: Kogi Election: 30 INEC Staff Missing by muykem: 6:33am On Nov 17, 2019
Stop that please. They are not missing but waiting to get report from other areas so they can determine how many votes they need more.

10 Likes

Re: Kogi Election: 30 INEC Staff Missing by Offpoint: 6:33am On Nov 17, 2019
After they terribly failed their leads, they still want to keep the seat of power at all cost.

If you did well as leader, all these wouldn't be neccasery cuz you have the confidence your leads will gladly cast their votes for you.

Pathetic

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dr. Godwin Maduka Visits FREE Hospital Built And Donated By Him To The Church / Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC / Many Injured As They Fight Over Tinubu’s Cash Gift In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.