Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,660 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

Yoruba Girls Can't Cook - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Girls Can't Cook (4822 Views)

Who Says White Girls Can't Dance? / Yoruba Girls / If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by Ptolomeus(m): 7:59pm On May 31, 2012
amor4ce: Ptolemeus, know that many tribes/ethnic nationalities in Nigeria have long harbored envy for the Yoruba. Hence their vain attempt to portray us as inferior. It will soon stop for good.

I do not understand exactly what you mean.
You say that the Yoruba are arrogant?
I just opened a thread asking if you were ... but only answered a Yoruba.
I understood then that is not at all proud.
This thread is open.

https://www.nairaland.com/934908/yoruba-people-considered-arrogant
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by ijib: 2:47pm On Jun 08, 2012
I have been privileged to live in both the south west and south east zones of the country. Dishes differ but generally speaking, I'd rather pick a yoruba woman's dish over an igbo woman's dish. In my opinion, yoruba women cook better than igbo women. I'm not from either tribes. I'm proudly South-South! Omo Calabar!!! smiley
#just saying# tongue grin
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by amor4ce(m): 6:47am On Jun 10, 2012
Yes, each individual and ethnic group does not need to bash others to feel proud of oneself.
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by MrMandilas: 8:19am On Jun 10, 2012
babytoun: saying it this harsh will sure , get you some knocks. The SE, and SS seem to have so much variety that when their guys pair up with someone from SW, the cooking/meals might not be really exciting at first. Sure a yoruba girl that wants to keep her home would have to learn the different "ofes" that Igbos cherish.

The key is love. The guy learns to put up with what she knows how to prepare at first and the lady learns how to prepare what the girl likes. In the end everyone is happy.
i can't marry any woman that cannot cook out of love never!
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by MrMandilas: 8:26am On Jun 10, 2012
ijib: I have been privileged to live in both the south west and south east zones of the country. Dishes differ but generally speaking, I'd rather pick a yoruba woman's dish over an igbo woman's dish. In my opinion, yoruba women cook better than igbo women. I'm not from either tribes. I'm proudly South-South! Omo Calabar!!! smiley
Do not lie to impress anyone. Do not claim to another tribe to post on nairaland. Omi obe is no soup. My younger brother married a yoruba from Ibadan, Oyo state. Mixing Omi obe and ewedu is her best. She has to come home to Imo state to learn from my sister to keep her marriage because my brother alway go out to eat. No Calabar man prefer omi obe to edikaikun or Afan soup if u know what i mean!
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:22pm On Jun 10, 2012
Mr Mandilas: Do not lie to impress anyone. Do not claim to another tribe to post on nairaland. Omi obe is no soup. My younger brother married a yoruba from Ibadan, Oyo state. Mixing Omi obe and ewedu is her best. She has to come home to Imo state to learn from my sister to keep her marriage because my brother alway go out to eat. No Calabar man prefer omi obe to edikaikun or Afan soup if u know what i mean!

Did you see what am seeing? No calabar man can ever say yoruba cook better than Igbo women!! The truth is that he isnt yoruba, fool is deceiving himself!
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by sunch(m): 11:38pm On Jun 10, 2012
ijib: I have been privileged to live in both the south west and south east zones of the country. Dishes differ but generally speaking, I'd rather pick a yoruba woman's dish over an igbo woman's dish. In my opinion, yoruba women cook better than igbo women. I'm not from either tribes. I'm proudly South-South! Omo Calabar!!! smiley
Omo, i believe u must have missed ur way, claiming to be calabar.
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by sunch(m): 11:49pm On Jun 10, 2012
Mr Mandilas: Do not lie to impress anyone. Do not claim to another tribe to post on nairaland. Omi obe is no soup. My younger brother married a yoruba from Ibadan, Oyo state. Mixing Omi obe and ewedu is her best. She has to come home to Imo state to learn from my sister to keep her marriage because my brother alway go out to eat. No Calabar man prefer omi obe to edikaikun or Afan soup if u know what i mean!
thats exactly what am talking about, i was sick and tired of eating 'omi obe' in the hands of my ex- y'oba girlfriend. There was nothing like good balance diet then like what am gettin now.
I really donot mean to insult
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by sunch(m): 3:02pm On Jan 01, 2015
Can you perceive what am perceiving ?
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by Networkingprof: 9:16am On Jan 02, 2015
sunch:
Can you perceive what am perceiving ?
I can perceive you are an unrelenting hector who want to hear nothing new than you have been hearing all along. Keep on persecuting even if you perceive it as your birth right. God save Yoruba women from e.mockers. The year has just began, and the mockery is re-opened.
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by sunch(m): 12:40am On Jan 03, 2015
I have once come across a woman, yoruba to be precise, that would go to eatries to buy spoons of soup which would last her and family for some periods, due to not able to dish out a good meal.
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by Networkingprof: 7:08am On Jan 03, 2015
sunch:
I have once come across a woman, yoruba to be precise, that would go to eatries to buy spoons of soup which would last her and family for some periods, due to not able to dish out a good meal.
Check the time you posted this, then the content of your post. You are becoming sick.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Babies Are Named On The Eight Day / Why Do Hausa Men (aboki) Bend Down Like Women To Piss? / Almost All Yoruba Kings Are Muslims (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.