Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,163 members, 7,807,537 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

Breaking News: Chelsea Appoint Nigerian Micheal Emenalo As Assistant Coach - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Breaking News: Chelsea Appoint Nigerian Micheal Emenalo As Assistant Coach (8073 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: Chelsea Ar Set 2 Complete D Signing Of Hulk / Breaking News: Chelsea Appoint Nigerian Micheal Emenalo As Assistant Coach / Chelsea Name Michael Emenalo As Wilkins' Successor As Assistant Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Chelsea Appoint Nigerian Micheal Emenalo As Assistant Coach by walata44(m): 11:29pm On Nov 18, 2010
Chelsea appoint Michael Emenalo to replace Ray Wilkins

Chelsea have promoted Michael Emenalo from his position as chief scout to assistant first team coach.
Emenalo, who has been with the Blues since October 2007, succeeds Ray Wilkins in the role and Chelsea say the move is "recognition of his efforts".
The 45-year-old represented Nigeria at the 1994 World Cup and won 14 caps.
Emenalo, who briefly played for Notts County in the mid-1990s, will continue to scout for the first team while he updates his coaching qualifications.
The Nigerian's playing career also took him to the United States, Spain, Germany and Israel.

To replace Wilkins with this guy still feels like the wrong decision! I hope I am wrong!
A biggish club within the M25
Assistant first-team coach Paul Clement, who was alongside boss Carlo Ancelotti in the dug-out at Stamford Bridge for the defeat against Sunderland on Sunday, was expected to step up to fill the role.
Former AC Milan defender Paolo Maldini, had also been linked with the job, as had Mauro Tassotti and Alessandro Costacurta who worked under Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti at Milan.
Ex-Chelsea first-team coach Steve Clarke and former West Ham manager Gianfranco Zola, who was a fans' favourite during his time as a player at Stamford Bridge, were also thought to be in the running.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/9207205.stm
Re: Breaking News: Chelsea Appoint Nigerian Micheal Emenalo As Assistant Coach by AloyEmeka5: 11:32pm On Nov 18, 2010
Na waoh, how did this guy skim his way up?. First Nigerian to coach a first class team in Europe. Of course, he is an American trained lawyer and ex soccer star. Goes to show that education makes a difference sometimes.
Re: Breaking News: Chelsea Appoint Nigerian Micheal Emenalo As Assistant Coach by walata44(m): 11:41pm On Nov 18, 2010
a waoh, how did this guy skim his way up?. First Nigerian to coach a first class team in Europe. Of course, he is an American trained lawyer and ex soccer star. Goes to show that education makes a difference sometimes.

I am really happy for him.
Re: Breaking News: Chelsea Appoint Nigerian Micheal Emenalo As Assistant Coach by AloyEmeka5: 12:01am On Nov 19, 2010

Mike Emenalo

Yes, as our bros don dey there, we can now disturb him for free tickets and other background hookups in the team which includes balancing the ethnic bias at Chelsea FC. A real Northern player[Babayaro was fake] is yet to play for Chelsea FC and Arewa is mad. If Emenalo is not a tribalist, let him do something now otherwise, we no go gree. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Breaking News: Chelsea Appoint Nigerian Micheal Emenalo As Assistant Coach by amingafar(m): 12:06am On Nov 19, 2010
wut does this have to do with arewa?
Re: Breaking News: Chelsea Appoint Nigerian Micheal Emenalo As Assistant Coach by Nobody: 3:15am On Nov 19, 2010
This guy has done well for himself sha.
Re: Breaking News: Chelsea Appoint Nigerian Micheal Emenalo As Assistant Coach by Nobody: 3:39am On Nov 19, 2010
Future SE coach. grin
Re: Breaking News: Chelsea Appoint Nigerian Micheal Emenalo As Assistant Coach by jason12345: 4:01am On Nov 19, 2010
amingafar:

wut does this have to do with arewa?

it was a joke!
Re: Breaking News: Chelsea Appoint Nigerian Micheal Emenalo As Assistant Coach by AloyEmeka5: 4:11am On Nov 19, 2010
Re: Breaking News: Chelsea Appoint Nigerian Micheal Emenalo As Assistant Coach by aljharem(m): 4:53am On Nov 19, 2010
cool :d :d :d :d
Re: Breaking News: Chelsea Appoint Nigerian Micheal Emenalo As Assistant Coach by Nobody: 6:09am On Nov 19, 2010
I remember Ibime saying on this site that Emenalo was influential in Chelsea. Boys were taking a meek.

See where he is now.
Re: Breaking News: Chelsea Appoint Nigerian Micheal Emenalo As Assistant Coach by edoyad(m): 6:52am On Nov 19, 2010
Sorry , grin i was so excited when i saw the story on Yahoo i that i didn't even bother to check if some else had created the thread already. Anyways, thumbs up my brother.
Re: Breaking News: Chelsea Appoint Nigerian Micheal Emenalo As Assistant Coach by bibiking1(m): 9:08am On Nov 19, 2010
Hmmm,,,,,an interesting decision if you as me. But i still am not comfortable with it!
Re: Breaking News: Chelsea Appoint Nigerian Micheal Emenalo As Assistant Coach by benchwest: 11:50am On Nov 19, 2010
good news for nigerian soccer and another good news is that of finide george that has been made the director general for real betis in spain
Re: Breaking News: Chelsea Appoint Nigerian Micheal Emenalo As Assistant Coach by martinosi: 11:57am On Nov 19, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Na waoh, how did this guy skim his way up?. First Nigerian to coach a first class team in Europe. Of course, he is an American trained lawyer and ex soccer star. Goes to show that education makes a difference sometimes.

Nawao for you, some of you guys have no confidence in your own people.

Who do you think was working behind the background un-officially
since 2004 and officially from 2007 in getting all those Black players
into chelsea

Remove all the black players from chelsea and the team is
a body without a backbone!!!

Football Scouts are the eyes and ears of Football Agents,

African & Caribbean players are becoming a *main-feature*
of European Football.

It would only be a naturall progression before they start
becoming Chief Scouts, Football Agents, Director of Football, Coaches
and Managers etc,

With the Black players in chelsea and what they have done for the
club in terms of "Results/Trophies" it was an in-evitable for a black official
to start taking a leadership role in chelsea.

I can remember a season before Kanu left arsenal when they fielded
8 black players on the field of play for about 4 straight games and
Arsenal went 12 points ahead in the premiership. When they removed some of the black guys they lost the lead, just a point to note,
Re: Breaking News: Chelsea Appoint Nigerian Micheal Emenalo As Assistant Coach by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 19, 2010
Is Siasia's job on the line? lol
Re: Breaking News: Chelsea Appoint Nigerian Micheal Emenalo As Assistant Coach by martinosi: 2:11pm On Nov 19, 2010
dappssee:

Is Siasia's job on the line? lol

Micheal Emenalo Salary at Chelsea will be sooo sweet that if Nigeria Football Federation calls him he will not answer the phone ROFLMAO!!!!
Re: Breaking News: Chelsea Appoint Nigerian Micheal Emenalo As Assistant Coach by AloyEmeka5: 2:45pm On Nov 19, 2010
martinosi:

Micheal Emenalo Salary at Chelsea will be sooo sweet that if Nigeria Football Federation calls him he will not answer the phone ROFLMAO!!!!

He will be stupid to quit Chelsea for Nigeria's national team at least for now. Of course, it will help his resume but tagging with Chelsea will help him better for now.
Re: Breaking News: Chelsea Appoint Nigerian Micheal Emenalo As Assistant Coach by naso2(m): 3:50pm On Nov 19, 2010
Only time will tell. The last time a scout turned coach at AC milan it was pure disaster. As a nigerian , the news looks cheering , but as a chelsea fan i have serious doubts.
Re: Breaking News: Chelsea Appoint Nigerian Micheal Emenalo As Assistant Coach by edoyad(m): 4:06pm On Nov 19, 2010
I can remember a season before Kanu left arsenal when they fielded 8 black players on the field of play for about 4 straight games and Arsenal went 12 points ahead in the premiership. When they removed some of the black guys they lost the lead, just a point to note,

Chai ! grin grin bros ye !!
Re: Breaking News: Chelsea Appoint Nigerian Micheal Emenalo As Assistant Coach by isalegan2: 4:11pm On Nov 19, 2010
Good for him. Good for African football. If the guy is a patriot, he'll want to coach Nigerian team one day. And, he'll get the job too.
Re: Breaking News: Chelsea Appoint Nigerian Micheal Emenalo As Assistant Coach by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 19, 2010
The guy was not plucked from thin air and given the job.

The guy has been in Chelsea for a while now and they have seen his abilities. He earned this role, it is not an action in the affirmative.

Congratulations to Finidi George also.

It is great to see these guys showing hungry NFF officials that life does not begin and end in the glass house.

I hope Sunday Oliseh follows suit.
Re: Breaking News: Chelsea Appoint Nigerian Micheal Emenalo As Assistant Coach by MaiSuya(m): 5:49pm On Nov 19, 2010
Wow! that's good news! kudos to him cheesy
Re: Breaking News: Chelsea Appoint Nigerian Micheal Emenalo As Assistant Coach by ChineduEZ: 5:56pm On Nov 19, 2010
[size=35pt]IS THIS POLITICAL ??[/size]
Re: Breaking News: Chelsea Appoint Nigerian Micheal Emenalo As Assistant Coach by courage89(m): 7:41pm On Nov 19, 2010
ChineduEZ:

[size=35pt]IS THIS POLITICAL ??[/size]

Could be ,

Could also be a marketing strategy considering the nature and volume of chelsea products being consumed, or that can be consume in African / Nigerian market.
Re: Breaking News: Chelsea Appoint Nigerian Micheal Emenalo As Assistant Coach by raffite: 11:06am On May 07, 2012

Those of you looking forward to a successful soccer career as a player. Africana Sports International (ASI) is an African-based football players scouting outfit that source for young, talented footballers all over Africa nurture them and then make them professionals in Europe, South and North America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia through associates of experienced football scouts, FIFA agents, clubs, coaches and other managers worldwide.

Phone: +234-8035070731

(1) (Reply)

Coppa Italia Final: Juventus Vs Napoli (0 - 2) On 20th May 2012 / - The Predictors League 2011/2012! / Yakubu Makes List Of Best Signings Of The 2011/2011 EPL Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.