Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,981 members, 7,806,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

How To Prepare For A Job Right After School - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Prepare For A Job Right After School (8117 Views)

My First Job Experience After School As A Lady. / What's The Best Way To Prepare For Tony Elumelu Foundation Competition / What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prepare For A Job Right After School by projectclue11: 11:40pm On Nov 18, 2019
If you did receive a bucket of water baptism after your final exams, gave yourself and friends a treat or wore uniform attires as a remarkable way of saying good bye to your undergraduate days, I guess you thought the struggle had just ended – like it looks so easy from that lens to take up the new phase of life until with your bare hands. However, you can hardly boost of a compelling CV, outstanding enough to get you your dream job, especially now that little or nothing comes from home for upkeep.

To prepare right for the life after school means that you need to position yourself for a job if you wish to be an employee, or venture into business if you so wish. To position yourself as a to-be employee means that you need to write a compelling CV or hire a CV writer if necessary plus strategic responsibilities you must assume.

What quick and smart roles can you play to prepare yourself for a good job without delay after school? This article gives answers and positive solutions to the question above including strategic actions to take against persisting job-search failures.

First, you need a compelling CV
It is recommended to hire a CV writer when you cannot make your CV standout. A good CV must be highlighted thoroughly with your skills which ofcourse relates to the actual job you are seeking. It will interest you to know that you need more than one CV for each time you are seeking for a different job which requires different kind of skill.

Its good to learn how to write different types of CV after school or at the verge of Job seeking but it is smart to hire a CV writer who has the professional know how to finish your CV and make it stand out irrespective of the kind of job you are applying for.

What skills are you known for?
Your CV is almost useless if it does not include your skill no matter how compelling it seems. Your skill isn’t just enough, you must include a skill that matches your job search; it must be a reoccurring term or phrase in your CV, please take note.
For the sake of emphasis, if you hardly know how to place your skills strategically in your CV, hire a CV writer for a touch of professionalism.

The Right network works it out
Imagine having the best CV in the world and not finding a vacant seat to apply for; that isn’t smart enough. While drafting your alluring CV, network with businesses, establishments, friends etc. It will help you keep abreast of information relating to job opening and vacancies available for your application.

You will easily get worked out and probably go bankrupt if you go about knocking at peoples offices; be smart. The internet has provided various platforms where you don’t just submit CVs, you are also notified about available job opening, LinkedIn is a good example and always available.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Prepare For A Job Right After School by ralmix(m): 7:39am On Nov 19, 2019
After all this package if you don’t pray for grace OYO
And In my country the major role to getting a job is connection 89% of Nigerians aren’t working in the field they are supposed.
#inmycountry

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Prepare For A Job Right After School by Opeyemi95(m): 7:40am On Nov 19, 2019
Great advise.
The afterschool product is designed to empower university students. Discover amazing ideas and position yourself for success by signing up today.[url]afterschool.com.ng[/url]

Re: How To Prepare For A Job Right After School by Yahman1(m): 7:40am On Nov 19, 2019
kiss kiss kiss

kiss kiss kiss
Re: How To Prepare For A Job Right After School by ala234crity(m): 7:41am On Nov 19, 2019
I dont think this can work in the Nigeria of today. Which is the sad truth.

2 Likes

Re: How To Prepare For A Job Right After School by jhames010(m): 7:41am On Nov 19, 2019
Make sense...
Re: How To Prepare For A Job Right After School by Soteriahascome: 7:43am On Nov 19, 2019
Old story
Re: How To Prepare For A Job Right After School by Tedsart(m): 7:43am On Nov 19, 2019
Read & come out with good grades, get the certificates. Drop them and hustle like a hustler. If you know you know...

4 Likes

Re: How To Prepare For A Job Right After School by Fisher007: 7:44am On Nov 19, 2019
Hmm na so them talk so tey all your first class degrees dey inside cupboard. Abeg hustle ooo hustle is the way.
Re: How To Prepare For A Job Right After School by darthv: 7:48am On Nov 19, 2019
Op, do you have a job?
Re: How To Prepare For A Job Right After School by Nobody: 7:48am On Nov 19, 2019
Hoping for a job in this country kills faster than you can imagine.
If you get a job fine but don't be too expectant it will only drain you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Prepare For A Job Right After School by deleo16(m): 7:52am On Nov 19, 2019
pickatyou:
Hoping for a job in this country kills faster than you can imagine.
If you get a job fine but don't be too expectant it will only drain you.
well said

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare For A Job Right After School by rxmusa(m): 8:08am On Nov 19, 2019
That's life! Some have jobs waiting for them already while some have no idea where to start from
Re: How To Prepare For A Job Right After School by Sheriman(m): 8:11am On Nov 19, 2019
See as people no even have much comments on this thread.. All of us don know by say Na only Connection and Link up person fit get Job 4 Naija.. Having Good CV meeting all the requirements for the Job in Naija now is only luck with narrow chance..
Re: How To Prepare For A Job Right After School by CalebLebsco56(m): 8:14am On Nov 19, 2019
All this are long story... Good Cv or not.. If you will get Job in Nigeria you will get, mostly by connection.. I have a very good CV but where E don reach.. It's been inside my Cupboard... To get job now is not easy, it's only God that's my hope now...
Re: How To Prepare For A Job Right After School by tsfxtech(m): 8:33am On Nov 19, 2019
In most cases, connections is what provides job in this country.

Re: How To Prepare For A Job Right After School by namiji2598: 8:37am On Nov 19, 2019
CalebLebsco56:
All this are long story... Good Cv or not.. If you will get Job in Nigeria you will get, mostly by connection.. I have a very good CV but where E don reach.. It's been inside my Cupboard... To get job now is not easy, it's only God that's my hope now...
sad bro, we are in the same shoes apparently the shoes don dey smell
Re: How To Prepare For A Job Right After School by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 19, 2019
grin grin

If an organization wants to employ you and be paying N200k, what will you be doing there? Don't you know that to be paid such amount of money you must be contributing more than the value to the organization? (People always think after school,,, they will enter office,,, sit on the chair and table at their front,, hold pen,, grin grin grin I laugh in Hausa).

9 out of 10 graduates in Nigeria are empty and retrogressive; they don't know anything and they cannot do anything. Let us tell ourselves the truth. The hustle after JAMB, POST JAMB, and school hustle is just a play.

Education should empower people with relevant skills that after school you should become a professional, but here in Nigeria, we produce dullards who go to school just to waste time.

Once you blow English, you are a graduate,, and English is just a Language.

Even "Pussy" cannot even guarantee jobs nowadays not to talk of guys who has nothing to offer.

MUST BUHARI SON (YUSUF) DESIGN CV TO GET A JOB??

Use your connection, or hustle business, or pray if miracle will happen. At least, we have people who get job without connection (...but na God hand you dey).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Prepare For A Job Right After School by qanda: 9:33am On Nov 19, 2019
Re: How To Prepare For A Job Right After School by NACE13: 1:58pm On Nov 19, 2019
I feel this write up is not rich enough. I was expecting more and yeah, better.
The most important are Skills and Connection. The person above me who stated something about our graduates knowing little or nothing, is 100% right. Back then in school, my CR and his clique knew nothing. I was shocked when i discovered they all graduated with a 2-1, and got immediate employment in government establishment at Abuja during their service year.

Most graduates know nothing while leaving school. All they did was buy their way right from UTME to final paper. I had a small talk with a self-acclaimed civil engineer, he told me how he paid money or used expo for almost all the courses he sat for. Telling me reading is a thing of the past. Later you'll want JB or Arab Contractors to employ such person in the future. Or a computer science graduate who thought Notepad++ is a programming language and HTML is a type of server-side database. So sad
Re: How To Prepare For A Job Right After School by Yahman1(m): 2:22pm On Nov 19, 2019
Sheriman:
See as people no even have much comments on this thread.. All of us don know by say Na only Connection and Link up person fit get Job 4 Naija.. Having Good CV meeting all the requirements for the Job in Naija now is only luck with narrow chance..
cheesy cheesy cheesy
As in the thing surprise me sef, every body don know say na Format
Re: How To Prepare For A Job Right After School by Legendguru: 5:58pm On Nov 19, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: How To Prepare For A Job Right After School by Ajibade123(m): 8:57pm On Nov 19, 2019
See ultimate ways to get the jobs without experience https://explicitsuccess.com/8-ultimate-secrets-get-a-job-without-experience/

(1) (Reply)

Fosad Consulting Job Post / Serve Consulting Graduate Trainee Recruitment / British American Tobacco Recruits Graduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.