Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:15 PM

Why Are All Nigerian Employers Downsizing? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Are All Nigerian Employers Downsizing? (685 Views)

Why Are Nigerian Employers So Demanding? (picture) / Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew / Are Online Professional Courses Recognised By Prospective Employers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are All Nigerian Employers Downsizing? by beeman80: 2:34pm On Nov 19, 2010
They are about downsizing people in my friend's coy (a popular PFA) from about 250 staff to about 150 staff.According to the new MD, the move is to make more profit in the coming year.The move is effective January next year.The sad thing is that these staff might not be compensated well for all the hard work that they have put into the growth of the company so far.Why are Nigerian employers so callous? We have married people and people who are about to get married amongst the staff.My question is where do they start from? The Nigerian government should come to the rescue in order to avoid danger for these helpless staff who might have nothing to fall back on.I feel that a bill which would cater for the compensation of staff asked to resign or sacked should be passed to the house of assembly.A minimum sum of 500,000 naira should be paid to affected persons.
Re: Why Are All Nigerian Employers Downsizing? by AjanleKoko: 4:57pm On Nov 19, 2010
@OP,
Well, we're in a recession, do you know? All over the world these days, everybody's downsizing.

Though, how do you come about the N500,000? Just curious.
Re: Why Are All Nigerian Employers Downsizing? by jaybee3(m): 4:59pm On Nov 19, 2010
Plucked out from outer space i suppose shocked
Re: Why Are All Nigerian Employers Downsizing? by ayodele123(m): 8:50pm On Dec 06, 2010
Job creation is the way out.

No job security anywhere.

(1) (Reply)

Cibn Members/students Advice Pls / Sales Position / Job Or Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.