Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

Why Blame Adefarasin ? He's replying Buhari's "don't vote non-muslim" Statement. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Blame Adefarasin ? He's replying Buhari's "don't vote non-muslim" Statement. (4956 Views)

"Don't Vote For Buhari He's Not As Handsome As Goodluck Jonathan"jimiagbaje / Osinbajo Has 5,000 Churches So Don't Vote For Buhari - Sambo In Jigawa State / Buhari Threaten The Southeast With Death If They Don't Vote Out Pdp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Blame Adefarasin ? He's replying Buhari's "don't vote non-muslim" Statement. by edoyad(m): 4:53pm On Nov 19, 2010
http://allafrica.com/stories/200201210250.html

Gusau — As the  year 2003  elections  draw closer, former  Head of State,  General  Muhammadu Buhari  (rtd) has called on  Muslims across the  country to vote onlyfor the presidential candidate that  would defend and uphold the tenets of Islam. Buhari who made the call yesterday at  the closing ceremony of the 16 th  National Qur'anic Recitation  competition held in Gusau, Zamfara  State told Muslims that they have every reason to thank Allah for restoring the  Islamic Sharia under the present  dispensation, which he said was  destroyed by British colonialists during  their crusade in 1903  against the  Sokoto caliphate.

So why's Adefarasin raising eyebrows ? This is not the first time we've heard a similar statement. Infact last time it was used it was by a presidential candidate.

1 Like

Re: Why Blame Adefarasin ? He's replying Buhari's "don't vote non-muslim" Statement. by naso2(m): 7:06pm On Nov 19, 2010
Thank you very much, Buhari cannot now attempt to decieve us by his countless expeditions to redemption camp. we know how he thinks and where he stands.

People will pretend not  to see this thread and understand how aboki muslims see candidates during elections especially from the far caliphate north. paul adefarasin only said christians should participate and determine who wins in the end, where christian interest will be looked after by the emerging govt.

5 Likes

Re: Why Blame Adefarasin ? He's replying Buhari's "don't vote non-muslim" Statement. by AjanleKoko: 7:07pm On Nov 19, 2010
*chuckle*.
It's all about being 'politically correct' these days.
Re: Why Blame Adefarasin ? He's replying Buhari's "don't vote non-muslim" Statement. by SapeleGuy: 7:41pm On Nov 19, 2010
Expose their lies.

2 Likes

Re: Why Blame Adefarasin ? He's replying Buhari's "don't vote non-muslim" Statement. by Beaf: 7:51pm On Nov 19, 2010
[size=14pt]2003: Buhari Urges Muslims to Vote Upholders Islam[/size]
From Isah Ibrahim Maru in Gusau

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the year 2003 elections draw closer, former Head of State, General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) has called on Muslims across the country to vote only for the presidential candidate that would defend and uphold the tenets of Islam.

Buhari who made the call yesterday at the closing ceremony of the 16th National Qur'anic Recitation competition held in Gusau, Zamfara State told Muslims that they have every reason to thank Allah for restoring the Islamic Sharia under the present dispensation, which he said was destroyed by British colonialists during their crusade in 1903 against the Sokoto caliphate.

The former president therefore advised Muslims not to vote for any candidate that would not protect the interest of their religion. "I wish Muslims of Nigeria will cooperate, unite and sustain themselves under one ambrella. Because of what we are facing election, this year and next year, this is the best time to repeat what I said in Sokoto," Buhari stated.

"Since the colonialists over threw our Islamic way of life in 1903 and 1904, our lifestyle was changed, and we forget our religion and our good culture," he maintained.

He explained that this was the only way they could guarantee the spread of Islam which is a religion of peace and harmony.

Apparently referring to the THISDAY (April 2001) report, Buhari said he was quoted to have urged Muslims to vote for a Muslim only; a story which he said attempted to create confusion in the country.

Buhari insisted that what he told his Sokoto audience was that they should not compromise the tenets of their religion in the process of electing leaders.

The former president said that he has no intention of creating any form of confusion in the country, saying that his intention was to alert Muslims to their responsibility to safeguard their faith.

Governor Ahmed Sani, in his address urged Muslim leaders in the country not to mis-use their opportunity in assisting and protecting their religion. He reiterated his administratio's commitment towards promoting and sustaining the Sharia legal system operating in the state.

Sani also insisted on the need to have a leader in this country that would respect the live and religion of every Muslim in the country.

The Governor expressed satisfaction and happiness over the successful hosting of the competition . 

http://www.thisdayonline.info/archive/2002/01/21/20020121news09.html

It is worthy of note that the sharia loving paedophile, Ahmed Sani (Yerima) later married a 13 year old Egyptian child. Buhari was his guest and birds of a feather. . .

2 Likes

Re: Why Blame Adefarasin ? He's replying Buhari's "don't vote non-muslim" Statement. by edoyad(m): 7:00am On Nov 20, 2010
Apparently referring to the THISDAY ( April 2001) report, Buhari said he was quoted to have urged Muslims to vote for a Muslim only; a story which he said attempted to create confusion in the country. Buhari insisted that what he told his Sokoto audience was that they should not compromise the tenets of their religion in the process of electing leaders.

Personally i have no problem with whatever he said, it's a free world.
Those freedoms apply to Adefarisin too i believe.
Re: Why Blame Adefarasin ? He's replying Buhari's "don't vote non-muslim" Statement. by hakanai(m): 7:23am On Nov 20, 2010
I am not surprised this came up but while you are it we should also be sure that the bigot pastor gets what is due to him like Buhari did.We most never vote for him and call him from time to time his real name second version pastor king, zionist,blood sucking crusader etc shocked
Also endeavor to add it to his resume/prefix while addressing him[b] fanatic pastor paul,extremist pastor paul or Bigot[/b]. wink
His advice,political opinion should be taken as the advice of a fanatic and extremist. undecided
Re: Why Blame Adefarasin ? He's replying Buhari's "don't vote non-muslim" Statement. by naijaking1: 8:29am On Nov 20, 2010
haka_nai:

I am not surprised this came up but while you are it we should also be sure that the bigot pastor gets what is due to him like Buhari did.We most never vote for him and call him from time to time his real name second version pastor king, zionist,blood sucking crusader etc shocked
Also endeavor to add it to his resume/prefix while addressing him[b] fanatic pastor paul,extremist pastor paul or Bigot[/b]. wink
His advice,political opinion should be taken as the advice of a fanatic and extremist. undecided

If you call him all these big names, what do you call Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Why Blame Adefarasin ? He's replying Buhari's "don't vote non-muslim" Statement. by hercules07: 8:59am On Nov 20, 2010
Buhari has refuted these allegations several times, he has said that the allegations were made by his opponents to discredit him.
Re: Why Blame Adefarasin ? He's replying Buhari's "don't vote non-muslim" Statement. by naijaking1: 9:05am On Nov 20, 2010
hercules07:

Buhari has refuted these allegations several times, he has said that the allegations were made by his opponents to discredit him.

No worry, pastor Adefarasin will also deny his statement when begins to run for president cry

1 Like

Re: Why Blame Adefarasin ? He's replying Buhari's "don't vote non-muslim" Statement. by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 20, 2010
by extension, can we safely assume that it is alright to refer to the good pastor with all the 'bigot' epithets typically reserved for buhari?

It is worthy of note that the sharia loving paedophile, Ahmed Sani (Yerima) later married a 13 year old Egyptian child. Buhari was his guest and birds of a feather. . .

so what do we have to say about your hero the messiah - who hangs out with people like tompolo, uduagan, etal?

Nigerians used to be the most educated people in the world until the likes of Abacha and Murtala Muhammed scattered our educational system to slow down the South so that the North can catch up, instead of speeding up the North.”

there's a difference between religious ethnocentrism and outright duplicity - perhaps the good pastor is taking a page from the book of gej

adefarasin should have just stuck to winning nigeria for christ blather
Re: Why Blame Adefarasin ? He's replying Buhari's "don't vote non-muslim" Statement. by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 20, 2010
Buhari is a politician while Adefarasin is a pastor .politicians are regular liars while pastors ought to be custodian of truth
Re: Why Blame Adefarasin ? He's replying Buhari's "don't vote non-muslim" Statement. by 9javoice1(m): 3:04pm On Nov 20, 2010
I'm matured enuf to talk on religious line in democracy. that is why i continue saying that we the southerner's should be careful the way we fight ourself. The worst enemy of Nigeria unity and progress is the north Muslim's.

1)They hate southern Muslim's with the thinking that they are not good Muslims.
2)They have agenda of frustrating,persuading and threatening the northern Christian's,until they give in to Hausa/Fulani and their Islamic believe.
3)They hate the Yoruba's bc they think Yoruba's can't be trusted(or you can't cheat Yoruba's a long time)
4)They hate the igbo's bc they still believe that igbo's will surely revenge one day for all the massacre they did against them.
5)they don't believe in the south south people because they blv they will stop them their source of oil wealth as one of their birth right.

(Who do they trust,nobody? if you are not a Muslim you are not their true friend and if you are not an Hausa/Fulani Muslim you are not a brother. so tell me how can we trust them) believe ye me,this thinking is in the mind of every Hausa/Fulani man be he a politician or an ordinary person.

In general the Hausa/Fulani sees Nigeria as their birth right since Britain has told them so. Let me tell every Nigeria here online the truth "No Hausa/Fulani will vote for any southern christian in election" if they claim to,just check it out and you will find its not through. They want to uphold Nigeria leadership so that they can be able to slow down the progress of the south so that they can meet up and at same time islamise all Nigeria.

We Christian's up south are fighting for the best candidate to vote for but they northern Muslims are looking for a better Hausa/Fulani Muslim to vote for to defend their oil interest,religious interest and maintain their birth right,tell me the agenda of progress in their memory. Their are no Islamic developed country today because they love to fight,hate and mix religion with politics (LOOK AT IRAN SPENDING BILLIONS FOR WEAPON'S DEVELOPMENT WHILE MILLIONS OF BEGGAR'S IN THE STREET,NO HUMAN AND INFRASTRUCTURAL DEVELOPMENT). Pls my beloved southern Nigerians lets stop all this igbo and yoruba cyber war and face our common enemy the northern Muslims that wants to enslave us.

2 Likes

Re: Why Blame Adefarasin ? He's replying Buhari's "don't vote non-muslim" Statement. by naijaking1: 4:18pm On Nov 20, 2010
^^^^
Good points!
Calling all Igbo, Yoruba, Ijaw, Edo, Nupe, Tiv, Idoma, and other christians in Nigeria.
Re: Why Blame Adefarasin ? He's replying Buhari's "don't vote non-muslim" Statement. by dgitrader(m): 9:04am On Sep 13, 2013
9ja voice: I'm matured enuf to talk on religious line in democracy. that is why i continue saying that we the southerner's should be careful the way we fight ourself. The worst enemy of Nigeria unity and progress is the north Muslim's.

2)They have agenda of frustrating,persuading and threatening the northern Christian's,until they give in to Hausa/Fulani and their Islamic believe.
3)They hate the Yoruba's bc they think Yoruba's can't be trusted(or you can't cheat Yoruba's a long time)
4)They hate the igbo's bc they still believe that igbo's will surely revenge one day for all the massacre they did against them.
5)they don't believe in the south south people because they blv they will stop them their source of oil wealth as one of their birth right.

(Who do they trust,nobody? if you are not a Muslim you are not their true friend and if you are not an Hausa/Fulani Muslim you are not a brother. so tell me how can we trust them) believe ye me,this thinking is in the mind of every Hausa/Fulani man be he a politician or an ordinary person.

In general the Hausa/Fulani sees Nigeria as their birth right since Britain has told them so. Let me tell every Nigeria here online the truth "No Hausa/Fulani will vote for any southern christian in election" if they claim to,just check it out and you will find its not through. They want to uphold Nigeria leadership so that they can be able to slow down the progress of the south so that they can meet up and at same time islamise all Nigeria.

We Christian's up south are fighting for the best candidate to vote for but they northern Muslims are looking for a better Hausa/Fulani Muslim to vote for to defend their oil interest,religious interest and maintain their birth right,tell me the agenda of progress in their memory. Their are no Islamic developed country today because they love to fight,hate and mix religion with politics (LOOK AT IRAN SPENDING BILLIONS FOR WEAPON'S DEVELOPMENT WHILE MILLIONS OF BEGGAR'S IN THE STREET,NO HUMAN AND INFRASTRUCTURAL DEVELOPMENT). Pls my beloved southern Nigerians lets stop all this igbo and yoruba cyber war and face our common enemy the northern Muslims that wants to enslave us.
Re: Why Blame Adefarasin ? He's replying Buhari's "don't vote non-muslim" Statement. by Nobody: 6:16am On Oct 29, 2014
bump
Re: Why Blame Adefarasin ? He's replying Buhari's "don't vote non-muslim" Statement. by condralbede(m): 7:03am On Oct 29, 2014
I don't hv a problem voting for a Presidential candidate that's a Muslim. but not just buhari.He z a fanatic

2 Likes

Re: Why Blame Adefarasin ? He's replying Buhari's "don't vote non-muslim" Statement. by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 29, 2014
I tot am the only person that knew of this, i was at Issele Ukwu Orientation Camp in 2011 and that have been my closest monent with the Northern Muslims, Aliyu was my bonkmate at the camp, he was staying at the top while i was staying at the bottom.

I once had a conversation with him concerning how developed North is because i have not been there, our conversation narrowed to arguement and down to politics, the was too brute to the core, he those christians in north are settlers that they can never hold any position in North, i asked him about Platuau he said the people that own the land are fighting for the cause.
He opened his mouth and tell me that north is home to real muslims, i was surprise what he meant by real and fake, he said its only northern muslims are recognise in Nigeria by the outside world, many discussions we had that very day and throughtout our stay in camp but its unfortunate that i decided to cut the friendship having seen how the guy reasons.
I told him i will like to visit Minna, he was happy but deep down i was knowing that salutation is not love.

On Muslim-Muslim ticket, there is nothing wrong if the duo are competent but lets be sincere to ourselves "can muslims allow so such to happen in Nigeria", chrtistians might allow that logically but muslims can never allow that even if the duo will cure all Nigeria problems in oneday.

It baffles me how some people reason, look Buhari that made us lose some corp members 4years ago is phool they are singing his praises.
The problem with Nigeria is the mentality of the Gambari Muslims, they are very wicked, vindictive and hatefilled, they see someone from Sudan, Chad, Niger as brothers and sisters than someone from Ikot Ekpene.
They killed people beause US invaded Afghanistan, Cartoon in Denmark, Israel killing Hamas but they dont give a hoot whether Boko Haram are kidnapping minority christians in the North, whether churches are being burnt or whether there is crisis in any part of Nigeria.
They are more concerned about what happened in islamic countries than what happen in Nigeria.

God forbid

9javoice1:
I'm matured enuf to talk on religious line in democracy. that is why i continue saying that we the southerner's should be careful the way we fight ourself. The worst enemy of Nigeria unity and progress is the north Muslim's.

2 Likes

Re: Why Blame Adefarasin ? He's replying Buhari's "don't vote non-muslim" Statement. by Drceasar: 9:52am On Jan 24, 2015
hercules07:

Abi
Re: Why Blame Adefarasin ? He's replying Buhari's "don't vote non-muslim" Statement. by Change2015(m): 10:03am On Jan 24, 2015
Exactly what did Adefarasin say?

#change
#GMB
#APC
Re: Why Blame Adefarasin ? He's replying Buhari's "don't vote non-muslim" Statement. by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 24, 2015
At no time did General Muhammadu Buhari asked any religious group to vote only those that shares in their religious ideology. He never said it, not in 2003, not in 2007, not in 2011 and never in 2015. I challenge anyone to bring a quote "allegedly" made by the General. PDP is bent on destroying the reputation of eminent Nigerians.
Re: Why Blame Adefarasin ? He's replying Buhari's "don't vote non-muslim" Statement. by Change2015(m): 10:08am On Jan 24, 2015
These are recent comments by Pastor Wale Adefarasin and the sentiment is clear. How can so called Christians be exhibiting such bigotry here. Please stop shaming the God you serve.

I feel compelled to make a few comments in light of the articles and comments a few people have made in pursuance of the various election campaigns that are being mounted in the run up to our general elections.

My first observation is that most of the campaigns have become negative, attacking opponents credentials and character and failing to spell out plans and policies, almost as if we are being solicited to vote against and not for candidates. Because of my position as a Christian leader I have chosen to maintain a non-partisan stance even though I have personally decided for whom I will vote and will exercise my right in a secret ballot.

My main concern is the dimension religion is taking in our polity, manifested in the accusations made against General Mohamadu Buhari with regards to religious fundamentalism. Never before has religion become such a major factor in our political life as it has in the last few years, and if left unchecked religion has the capacity to destroy our nation. Christians and Muslims have been slaughtered in the Fun of terror that has been unleashed on our nation through Boko Haram, yet the promotion of religious harmony requires dialogue and not accusations of fundamentalism and religious bigotry. The Islamisation or Christianisation of Nigeria requires an amendment to our constitution and no President can change the Nigerian constitution without obtaining three quarters of the votes of the National Assembly in addition to the votes of two thirds of the State Assemblies. It is easier to impeach a President than it is to amend our constitution.

There is no question that GMB is a strong adherent to the Muslim faith, which is his constitutional right and which we are bound to respect. If GMB is a fundamentalist then so am I, because I desire to see a wholly Christian Nigeria, the result of proselytising and not of force. I also believe Jesus words when He said ‘I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father except by Me’. Does this mean that I believe that other faiths are inferior to the Christian faith? Of course not, for I accept the right of every Nigerian to hold whatever faith he chooses and would be irresponsible to denigrate that faith.

Dialogue between Christians and Muslims was first championed in Nigeria, and has become imperative as a result of the Boko Haram insurgency. We should as ‘Peacemakers’ be leading the way to peace and not fanning the flames of strife. We should cease from inflammatory language and respect the right to freedom of worship. A man’s freedom to worship ends where he impinges on the freedoms of others, Boko Haram clearly impinge on the freedoms of others and must be stopped. This position does not belie an insensitivity to the suffering that Christians and Muslims have suffered in North Eastern Nigeria, but a realism, that accepts that we must live together and we can do so in harmony if we work to do so. Christians must be prepared to engage in discussion with Muslims who we know do not embrace Jihad or Islamism, these abound and include General Mohamadu Buhari.

PASTOR WALE ADEFARASIN is the General Overseer of Guiding Light Assembly, a non-denominational church with branches in Lagos, Abuja and London.
He is a social entrepreneur, author, TV presenter, and thought leader. He is the convening apostle of the Nigeria Coalition of Apostles, an affiliate of the International Coalition of Apostles and leads a number of pastor’s networks
He is married to Laolu Adefarasin and they have three children.

http://www.bellanaija.com/2015/01/20/wale-adefarasin-respecting-everyones-right-to-freedom-of-worship/
Re: Why Blame Adefarasin ? He's replying Buhari's "don't vote non-muslim" Statement. by Firefire(m): 10:10am On Jan 24, 2015
Nigerians please be wise.

1 Like

Re: Why Blame Adefarasin ? He's replying Buhari's "don't vote non-muslim" Statement. by jamace(m): 8:08pm On Jan 24, 2015
Re: Why Blame Adefarasin ? He's replying Buhari's "don't vote non-muslim" Statement. by scribble: 8:12pm On Jan 24, 2015
Na wa o

(1) (Reply)

Consensus Building: We Must Build A United Nation That Runs - Anyim Pius Anyim / Enugu 2023: 260 Former Councilors Reiterate Support For Gov. Ugwuanyi / Hunters, Amotekun Brutalized And Arrest Ekiti Kidnappers (graphic video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.