Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,701 members, 7,805,888 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now (29993 Views)

This Girl Is Missing For More Than Three Weeks Now / Chicago Prison Where Hushpuppi Is Being Held / Lady Abandoned With The Bills By Her Date, Creates A Scene After Being Held (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by victorava(m): 6:43am On Nov 21, 2019
Hello Nairalanders

Two weeks back, my friend was apprehended by DSS officers from his residence in Lagos state and we have not heard from him.

I was driving out with him, immediately they saw us, they surrounded us and started asking questions. We now discovered that it was my friend that they were looking for. They collected his phones and followed him to his room to change his clothes. When I asked them what his offense was, they told me that they would like to ask him one or two questions.

They told me to meet them at their office and when I got there, I was not allowed access to their office. The officer at the gate told me that there was no such arrest. It was on Friday. I went there on Monday together with his wife and brother which was the following week, we were still denied access. They officer at the gate told us that if he's truly here that nothing will happen to him. He told us that anyone who is apprehended is not allowed to see anybody until after investigation.

We paid a Lawyer to go there the following day and the Lawyer eventually gained access, he was told that my friend was taken to Abuja the following day they arrested him.

We contacted a Lawyer in Abuja to go there and he was not allowed to see my friend. They told him to submit an application that they would get back to him. After few days, they did not contact him. He decided to go there this week and was denied access.

My friend has a wife and two kids, the wife has not been herself since this incident happened. She's been traumatized. She just wants to be sure if her husband is truly there.

Please Nairalander, I need your advice on the necessary steps I should take to be able to see my friend. Sorry for the long write up.

Admin please help me move this to front page, it is very urgent.

97 Likes 12 Shares

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Dannieln1: 6:46am On Nov 21, 2019
Nigeria is a jungle where there is no such thing as rule of law...
In a saner community once you're arrested the first thing you're granted access to is a lawyer.
Who did this to Nigeria

Don't Relent bro keep pushing, if you've contact of one Godfather put a call to him and let the lawyer keep going there till granted access to your friend.
You can also use Human Right activist

Most important of all BELIEVE IN GOD..

165 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by izzou(m): 6:51am On Nov 21, 2019
Maybe you should make it trend on twitter.

Tag some of these social media activists, peradventure, they may respond

Since when Buhari came in, our DSS officials have been using Beats by Dre. Dem no dey hear anybody own

So sorry for your friend

261 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 21, 2019
Hmm
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Asquare84(m): 7:03am On Nov 21, 2019
victorava:
Hello Nairalanders
Two weeks back, my friend was apprehended by DSS officers from his residence in Lagos state and we have not heard from him.

I was driving out with him, immediately the saw us, they surrounded us and started asking questions. We now discovered that it was my friend that they were looking for. They collected his phones and followed him to his room to change his clothes. When I asked them what his offense was, they told me that they would like to ask him one or two questions.

They told me to meet them at their office and when I got there, I was not allowed access to their office. The officer at the gate told me that there was no such arrest. It was on Friday. I went there on Monday together with his wife and brother which was the following week, we were still denied access. They officer at the gate told us that if he's truly here that nothing will happen to him. He told us that anyone who is apprehended is not allowed to see anybody until after investigation.

We paid a Lawyer to go there the following day and the Lawyer eventually gained access, he was told that my friend was taken to Abuja the following day they arrested him.

We contacted a Lawyer in Abuja to go there and he was not allowed to see my friend. They told him to submit an application that they would get back to him. After few days, they did not contact him. He decided to go there this week and was denied access.

My friend has a wife and two kids, the wife has not been herself since this incident happened. She's been traumatized. She just wants to be sure if her husband is truly there.

Please Nairalander, I need your advice on the necessary steps I should take to be able to see my friend. Sorry for the long write up.

Try and see a pastor for prayers there is nothing prayer can't change

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by MedicH: 7:08am On Nov 21, 2019
your friend will be fine s long as he is innocent. i hope the abductors are truly DSS

na ths kind situation nigeria need. ls las men wont even have sense shebi bello deon enter seat again. good

12 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by MichaelBukamzy(m): 7:09am On Nov 21, 2019
imagine dss. Corruption have entered all the agencies in this country.no hope at all.no hope

13 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Donald95(m): 7:22am On Nov 21, 2019
Asquare84:

Nigerians pray alot and Chinese Pray less.

Check out how far between the two countries.

Seun
Lalasticlala
mynd44
Richiezz Help the op and make this trend

110 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 21, 2019
Asquare84:

If you ever wonder what is wrong with our country, here is your answer! Stop passing religion like a generational wealth, teach your kids I repeat teach your kids not to pray away their problems but rather face their problems and struggles head on. Europe and Asia are growing exponentially in terms of economic growth and so on, Africa is left behind because we only care about Jesus and his Return. I rest my case

229 Likes 15 Shares

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Blakjewelry(m): 7:42am On Nov 21, 2019
perhaps your friend has committed treasonable felony and cyber stalking the president according to bichi. on a serious note there is nothing you can do considering the nature of government we have, but you can still try Twitter whether Nigerian noise makers will join the trend and help send a message

18 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by jieta: 8:54am On Nov 21, 2019
Odogu9195:

If you ever wonder what is wrong with our country, here is your answer! Stop passing religion like a generational wealth, teach your kids I repeat teach your kids not to pray away their problems but rather face their problems and struggles head on. Europe and Asia are growing exponentially in terms of economic growth and so on, Africa is left behind because we only care about Jesus and his Return. I rest my case
Boss, I tire for we Nigerians, any little thing pray, you kick your leg on a stone pray, you have a bad dream pray what ever you are passing through pray we keep praying even when prayers are not needed. Some time is good we apply logic to some of our basic need not disturbing God morning and night

54 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Sanchez01: 8:59am On Nov 21, 2019
Asquare84:

Like seriously, dude? undecided

38 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by ambivert27(f): 9:13am On Nov 21, 2019
DSS is one evil entity parading as security services.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by victorava(m): 9:50am On Nov 21, 2019
Dannieln1:
Nigeria is a jungle where there is no such thing as rule of law...
In a saner community once you're arrested the first thing you're granted access to is a lawyer.
Who did this to Nigeria

Don't Relent bro keep pushing, if you've contact of one Godfather put a call to him and let the lawyer keep going there till granted access to your friend.
You can also use Human Right activist that's if your friend is innocent o

Most important of all BELIEVE IN GOD..
Thanks for your advice. I don't think this country can work.

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by victorava(m): 9:51am On Nov 21, 2019
izzou:
Maybe you should make it trend on twitter.

Tag some of these social media activists, peradventure, they may respond

Since when Buhari came in, our DSS officials have been using Beats by Dre. Dem no dey hear anybody own

So sorry for your friend
Okay, thanks. I will do that.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by victorava(m): 10:02am On Nov 21, 2019
MedicH:
your friend will be fine s long as he is innocent. i hope the abductors are truly DSS

na ths kind situation nigeria need. ls las men wont even have sense shebi bello deon enter seat again. good
No. They came with two Hilux and two other vehicles with DSS written on them. Some of them wore DSS uniforms and some wore mofty.

24 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Richy4(m): 11:22am On Nov 21, 2019
Democracy is really working in Nigeria. Human rights that is working so well in Nigeria is just the best thing that can happen to its Citizens

When the Citizens decided that they wanna cast their votes some months back, this was part of what they voted for..I don't want to say that I'm glad that you like it. It's just a pity that this is happening to your friend.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by OgbanjeProphet: 11:26am On Nov 21, 2019
wizflame:
Hmm
Prayer kwa

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by 9jayes: 11:26am On Nov 21, 2019
Sowore is still there upon Falana as his lawyer. The dictator in Aso rock doesn't believe in rules of law not to talk of obeying them.

43 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Oblongata: 11:26am On Nov 21, 2019
Truly sad!

My best guess is that your friend probably posted something online that has offended some cabals...

Remember that free speech is only in the past?

We even have some of the vampires here already making threats even though the bill is yet to be out of the final stage.

Sadly, it is quite painful, I feel for your friend bro...

Tag segalink, Femi falana, dolapobadmus on Twitter.

May God help us all

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Duggedised12(f): 11:27am On Nov 21, 2019
Nigeria is a true representation of animal farm , a giant jungle.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by NaijaOlosho(f): 11:27am On Nov 21, 2019
shocked
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by philip0906(m): 11:27am On Nov 21, 2019
Asquare84:

[s]Try and see a pastor for prayers there is nothing prayer can't change[/s]
Rubbish!

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Officialgarri: 11:27am On Nov 21, 2019
Your friend will be fine as long as he is innocent.

Last year, DSS went to my family house and picked my dad. Well, it took less than 5hours to get him out of there grin .

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by ArmaniUhuru: 11:27am On Nov 21, 2019
Maybe they want to ensure sowore doesn’t get knocked down by vehicle, so they want more people to go home with him.

Dss are now the new kidnappers in town.

16 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by wolesmile(m): 11:28am On Nov 21, 2019
n
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by yeyeboi(m): 11:28am On Nov 21, 2019
Ok
Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 21, 2019
victorava:
Hello Nairalanders

I was driving out with him, immediately they saw us, they surrounded us and started asking questions. We now discovered that it was my friend that they were looking for. They collected his phones and followed him to his room to change his clothes. When I asked them what his offense was, they told me that they would like to ask him one or two questions.

The lawyer should have told u before now that it's time to file a case in court

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by chloride6: 11:29am On Nov 21, 2019
Is your friend a journalist?

13 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by openmine(m): 11:29am On Nov 21, 2019
Asquare84:

Haaaaaaaaaa undecided

18 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by ednut1(m): 11:29am On Nov 21, 2019
victorava:
No. They came with two Hilux and two other vehicles with DSS written on them. Some of them wore DSS uniforms and some wore mofty.
what is his occupation Car dealer, blogger or wetin

3 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now by Larryfest(m): 11:29am On Nov 21, 2019
Na wa for this country...No matter what he must have done right or wrong he is entitled to a lawyer. What's the difference between this government and Abacha's government ehn

19 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash / Man Becomes Blind After Being Tortured By SARS (Photo) / Man Who Raped Stepdaughter In Lagos Transferred to SCID, To Appear In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.