Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,211 members, 7,780,385 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:24 PM

Mend Bomb Warri Pipeline - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mend Bomb Warri Pipeline (2016 Views)

Dr. Kachikwu Recommissions Escravos-warri Pipeline (photo) / Escravos Warri Pipeline Resumes Operation / Warri Pipeline Attack: Ijaw Group Hails JTF Over Arrest, Says Tompolo Is Vindica (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mend Bomb Warri Pipeline by Abagworo(m): 3:39pm On Nov 23, 2010
Nigerian MEND claims Warri pipeline attack, warns of fresh raids

Cape Town (Platts)--23 Nov2010 /537 am EST/1037 GMT

Nigeria's most prominent armed group, the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta, or MEND, said Tuesday it had destroyed a pipeline feeding the Warri oil refinery in the Niger Delta at the weekend, and warned of more attacks in the next few days. "On Sunday, 21 November, 2010 , at about 0200 , fighters of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta attacked and destroyed the Obidi-Refinery trunk line," the group said an email to AFP. The pipeline that supplies crude to the plant in Warri is also the source of oil for the 110 ,000 b/d refinery in the northern city of Kaduna. A spokesman for the joint military task force in the region did not confirm the claim. "We are not aware of any attack," Colonel Timothy Antigha said. The Nigerian army at the weekend claimed to have arrested 63 militants as part of a clampdown on a recent spate of hostage-takings and attacks on oil facilities in the region. The security forces rescued 19 hostages--two Americans, two Frenchmen, two Indonesians, one Canadian and 12 Nigerians--from a camp in the mangrove creeks on November 17. "This attack and similar attacks on pipelines which will take place within the next few days is a reminder to the Nigerian government of the futility of wasting the nation's resources in combating militancy without addressing the underlying causes of agitation in the Niger Delta," said MEND. Previous attacks by MEND fighters have significantly cut Nigeria's oil production, currently averaging around 2.2 million b/d. Nigeria depends on oil for more than 90 % of its export revenue and more than 80 % of its government revenue. --Jacinta Moran, jacinta_moran@platts.com Similar stories appear in Oilgram News.

See more information at http:// www.platts.com/Products/oilgramnews
Re: Mend Bomb Warri Pipeline by Abagworo(m): 3:40pm On Nov 23, 2010
Re: Mend Bomb Warri Pipeline by chosen04(f): 4:03pm On Nov 23, 2010
I thut FG told nigerians that MEND still remains a media/Laptop creation.

Is Laptop creation capable of bombing pipelines and releasing news alert to that effect?
Re: Mend Bomb Warri Pipeline by ndcide(m): 4:34pm On Nov 23, 2010
i'll wait patiently for beaf to give me the true position of things,
Beaf do u copy, ?,
Re: Mend Bomb Warri Pipeline by gidson12(m): 5:07pm On Nov 23, 2010
Yea lets wait for beaf to tell us the true position of things
Re: Mend Bomb Warri Pipeline by chiozor: 5:12pm On Nov 23, 2010
where is Beaf. oya explain angry
Re: Mend Bomb Warri Pipeline by blacksta(m): 5:16pm On Nov 23, 2010
it is not mend but "dnem" - lipsrsealed that is responsible for this carnage cause the real mend are in aso rock having tea and biscuit with saint Jonathan.
Re: Mend Bomb Warri Pipeline by Muza(m): 6:38pm On Nov 23, 2010
Dont yall tell me you expect to hear somethin sensible from beaf,the Mr Ima Niboro of NL.
A sycophant living denial,dat dude must be livin wit a very troubled consience, .i pit the poor guy.
Re: Mend Bomb Warri Pipeline by Beaf: 7:36pm On Nov 23, 2010
^
Fool.

@topic
John Togo will soon be caught, he and his fake MEND are deeply unpopular in the ND. Nobody recognises him as fighting for anything, unlike in the past when communities actively protected MEND members.

John Togo is a notorious armed robber who will soon either be in jail or a shallow grave.
Re: Mend Bomb Warri Pipeline by Abagworo(m): 8:00pm On Nov 23, 2010
Beaf:

^
Fool.

@topic
John Togo will soon be caught, he and his fake MEND are deeply unpopular in the ND. Nobody recognises him as fighting for anything, unlike in the past when communities actively protected MEND members.

John Togo is a notorious armed robber who will soon either be in jail or a shallow grave.

Beaf.You first said when Henry Okah was arrested that militancy will stop.Later you said Jomo Gbomo has been arrested and now you want to assure us that if John Togo is arrested that militancy will end.

I can assure you that John Togo will soon be arrested but militancy will reach an all time high even after his arrest.The only solution to militancy remains an all inclusive amnesty,ending all the frame ups and granting true federalism and resource control.
Re: Mend Bomb Warri Pipeline by chosen04(f): 8:07pm On Nov 23, 2010
Abagworo:

Beaf.You first said when Henry Okah was arrested that militancy will stop.Later you said Jomo Gbomo has been arrested and now you want to assure us that if John Togo is arrested that militancy will end.

I can assure you that John Togo will soon be arrested but militancy will reach an all time high even after his arrest.The only solution to militancy remains an all inclusive amnesty,ending all the frame ups and granting true federalism and resource control.

GBAM!!!!
Re: Mend Bomb Warri Pipeline by Beaf: 8:22pm On Nov 23, 2010
Abagworo:

You are lying. I challenge you to provide the exact places where I made the claims that are bolded (the second should be on this page). If you can't do that, then you are a cheap lier.

John Togo is a known armed robber.
Re: Mend Bomb Warri Pipeline by Kobojunkie: 8:32pm On Nov 23, 2010
ROFLMAO!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Mend Bomb Warri Pipeline by Beaf: 9:09pm On Nov 23, 2010
Beaf:

You are lying. I challenge you to provide the exact places where I made the claims that are bolded (the second should be on this page). If you can't do that, then you are a cheap lier.

John Togo is a known armed robber.

Abagworo, come and defend your lying words na! Is this how you run away after telling lies? shocked
Re: Mend Bomb Warri Pipeline by safariman(m): 9:54pm On Nov 23, 2010
Now, I am not so sure if true federalism can stop these fake MEND, if not careful, they (world body) may declare MEND as a terrorist org.
Re: Mend Bomb Warri Pipeline by DapoBear(m): 12:37am On Nov 24, 2010
Beaf, are you secretly the commander of MEND, lol? Everyone seems to look to you as an authority on this issue.
Re: Mend Bomb Warri Pipeline by Beaf: 12:52am On Nov 24, 2010
DapoBear:

Beaf, are you secretly the commander of MEND, lol? Everyone seems to look to you as an authority on this issue.

Na! I'm just your everyday Wafi guy. grin
One of my parents village (if it can still be called that) is from bang in the middle of Warri, which means I get to learn some firsthand info; so I can supply pretty accurate gist most times.
Re: Mend Bomb Warri Pipeline by aljharem(m): 1:05am On Nov 24, 2010
beaffff, beafff beaf mumu!!!!!!!!!!

why do u support a terrorist group mumu cow!!!!!!!

i understand why they are fighting, but if jonathan is a good president, he should know how to support his people in infrastructures and amenities

this jonathan is bad new trust me, ,,,,,,,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,, angry angry angry angry
Re: Mend Bomb Warri Pipeline by Beaf: 1:18am On Nov 24, 2010
^
What are you talking about? Supporting who? Dude, did you forget your tablets again?
Re: Mend Bomb Warri Pipeline by aljharem(m): 1:24am On Nov 24, 2010
Beaf:

^
What are you talking about? Supporting who? Dude, did you forget your tablets again?
angry angry angry
Re: Mend Bomb Warri Pipeline by 1025: 10:15am On Nov 24, 2010
@Beaf,
every nigerian is praying and hoping for a better nigeria. in ur mind, were u expecting mend or anyother group in ND will be making noise talkless of bombing sites and places when jonathan a bayelsa man is the president of nigeria?
let us call a spade, a spade. something is not write here. u can agree with me that yar adua was close to putting a stop to all these niger delta wahalas.
the prayer of every easterner has been dreaming of that day when we will have an easterner as our president but tell me how jonathan is influencing the lives of our ppl positively.
we need real men and we have many of them and if this zoning of a thing was adhered to, that will be the only way to have a good representative from the zone.
jonathan needs to be bold in taking his decissions. if u have a link to jonathan, tell him the ppl do not hate him rather we all hate his companies as they are proven criminals.
if jonathan happens to become the next president, we will be loosing another tenure to indecissions.
the big question here is; WHY IS JONATHAN CONCENTRATING ON BECOMING THE NEXT PRESIDENT INSTEAD OF CONCENTRATING ON HIS POST AS THE PRESIDENT OF THE COUNTRY?
Re: Mend Bomb Warri Pipeline by Beaf: 10:20am On Nov 24, 2010
^
If you know how to read and can comprehend English, go over the thread again and wonder at the way you have gone off on a tangent. What are you replying and what are you talking about?

Na wa o! shocked

Don't make up stories without first reading through the thread, it really isn't smart and makes you end up talking out of point.
Re: Mend Bomb Warri Pipeline by benchwest: 11:18am On Nov 24, 2010
this new militants are taking advantage of the amnesty programe for their personal earnings.
i hope this wont result to militant to militant crashes,jonathan has done his job,amnesty is still in place.this curents criminals where were on earth were they when the amnesty was granted?.
i join to call on this present criminals aclaiming to be militant to go to shared and let the nd delta in peace.
Re: Mend Bomb Warri Pipeline by princekevo(m): 11:39am On Nov 24, 2010
benchwest:

this new militants are taking advantage of the amnesty programe for their personal earnings.
i hope this wont result to militant to militant crashes,[b]jonathan has done his job,amnesty is still in place.this curents criminals where were on earth were they when the amnesty was granted?.[/b]i join to call on this present criminals aclaiming to be militant to go to shared and let the nd delta in peace.

No wonder!!! Jst checked your location, you are very far away from Nigeria. Sometimes you need go back home or closer to Nigerian medias, probably you would have known that not all MEND members accepted amnesty. Moreover, i dont think MEND was fighting for an amnesty programme, but for something greater. Since after the amnesty, what has government done to grant them what they were fighting for?
Re: Mend Bomb Warri Pipeline by 1025: 12:16pm On Nov 24, 2010
If you know how to read and can comprehend English, go over the thread again and wonder at the way you have gone off on a tangent. What are you replying and what are you talking about?

Na wa o! Shocked

Don't make up stories without first reading through the thread, it really isn't smart and makes you end up talking out of point.

@beaf,
in all fairness, i know how frustrated u are so i am doing nothing to make u see reason with me.
in a modern society, jonathan will have no option here than to resign because he has failed woefully be it security or otherwise, he no dey try at all.
Re: Mend Bomb Warri Pipeline by Beaf: 12:25pm On Nov 24, 2010
1025:

@beaf,
in all fairness, i know how frustrated u are so i am doing nothing to make u see reason with me.
in a modern society, jonathan will have no option here than to resign because he has failed woefully be it security or otherwise, he no dey try at all.

Just admit you didn't read the thread before blarbing, or are you John Togo (why are you defending the fcker?)? Next time read before jumping in so you won't need to make funny excuses like the above.

To address the nonsensical point you raised anyway; when oil production was cut by 2/3's in Yar Adua's time, did you ask him to resign? Abeg, clear mek pesin hear word jare!! You have no point and worst of all, you sound like the newborn abagworo.
Re: Mend Bomb Warri Pipeline by Abagworo(m): 2:08pm On Nov 24, 2010
Beaf:

Just admit you didn't read the thread before blarbing, or are you John Togo (why are you defending the fcker?)? Next time read before jumping in so you won't need to make funny excuses like the above.

To address the nonsensical point you raised anyway; when oil production was cut by 2/3's in Yar Adua's time, did you ask him to resign? Abeg, clear mek pesin hear word jare!! You have no point and worst of all, you sound like the newborn abagworo.

Thank God I have no pix on my profile.At least you have no image to dream about.

Back to topic,I think there was call for Yar'adua to resign from the very first day he assumed office.His government was a product of highly flawed (s)election in which an incompetent sick man was forcefully imposed on 140million hungry people.

The reason why GEJ should have resigned is if it was proven that he made a remark accusing Northerners of being behind Abuja bombings.His exonerating MEND and hosting retired criminals was what dented his good image in my book.
Re: Mend Bomb Warri Pipeline by monkeyleg: 2:23pm On Nov 24, 2010
@Beaf,

I know say me with you dey quarel for here, but I know no say you be warri boy? Same here, so which part? if you say middle you mean Okere side. Which ones? how u dey sha before fight continue.
Re: Mend Bomb Warri Pipeline by TORDOO(m): 2:59pm On Nov 24, 2010
Hi guys,lets get somthing straight here about Beaf,he is a mend member;mend is stil in existence and beaf is here trying evry to confuse people that mend is not existing again,Ouestion 4 beaf which group of militant has a code cal jomo gbomo(2)why arest okar after abj bombing(3)why must gej defend mend that is not is existence on abj bombing?the prblm with u is ,u talk too much
Re: Mend Bomb Warri Pipeline by benchwest: 4:06pm On Nov 24, 2010
benchwest:

this new militants are taking advantage of the amnesty program for their personal earnings.
i hope this wont result to militant to militant crashes,Jonathan has done his job,amnesty is still in place.this currents criminals where were on earth were they when the amnesty was granted?.
i join to call on this present criminals acclaiming to be militant to go to shared and let the nd delta in peace.

princekevo:

No wonder!!! Jst checked your location, you are very far away from Nigeria. Sometimes you need go back home or closer to Nigerian medias, probably you would have known that not all MEND members accepted amnesty. Moreover, i dont think MEND was fighting for an amnesty programme, but for something greater. Since after the amnesty, what has government done to grant them what they were fighting for?
[
point of correction
which band of militants rejected the amnesty programme? even okah then accepted the programme,he held so many meetings with then yar adua

now okah is against the whole programme, apparently?
give me a break brother.i want change in the region, but lets give this administration the chance to prove their intention.
why haven't this present militant carried out any sought of as ult on the region since the amnesty?,if they didn't accept it then.why waited till now ?.they are criminals trying to take advantage of the situation,if the govt mistakenly grants this group ne amnesty then you will see other criminals will take the new stage for same.

i am on line everyday contributing my little insight and reading peoples insight as well because of the love i got 4 our country.
and i don't need to come home for update.
we are more closer than we are in the 19 century or 20.
the real mend has surendad.
Re: Mend Bomb Warri Pipeline by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 24, 2010
i thought tompolo and co were teh real leaders of mend and had locked out the email?
Re: Mend Bomb Warri Pipeline by Beaf: 7:10pm On Nov 24, 2010
TORDOO:

Hi guys,lets get somthing straight here about Beaf,he is a mend member;mend is stil in existence and beaf is here trying evry to confuse people that mend is not existing again,Ouestion 4 beaf which group of militant has a code cal jomo gbomo(2)why arest okar after abj bombing(3)why must gej defend mend that is not is existence on abj bombing?the prblm with u is ,u talk too much

And your problem is you neither read nor think, so you are ill informed and always sound like a local meat seller. Read a little more, even the foreign press and foreign security agencies recently concluded that the new Jomo Gbomo is fake and is sending emails from a new email address.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Show Me The Map Of Boko Haram Country. It Is Possible. / As A Senator In 1992, I Was Earning N6,500 Per Month / Jonathan Would Exit In 2015 — OBJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.