Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,640 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

How Was Your First Driving Experience? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Was Your First Driving Experience? (11613 Views)

What's Your First Driving Experience From Lagos To Abuja Like? / How Many Years Driving Experience Do I Need To Drive From Abuja To Ibadan / These Car Tech Gadgets Will Improve Your Driving Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Was Your First Driving Experience? by FIDELITY24(m): 12:46am On Dec 02, 2019
What was your first driving experience like? I started learning how to drive yesterday being 1st December 2019. It was simple but i also had some challenges, like how to release the clutch gradually and also staying in my lane when driving etc. I would love to know some of the challenges you encountered when you started driving and also things to look out for... Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: How Was Your First Driving Experience? by Couzy21(m): 1:05am On Dec 02, 2019
FIDELITY24:
What was your first driving experience like? I started learning how to drive yesterday being 1st December 2019. It was simple but i also had some challenges, like how to release the clutch gradually and also staying in my lane when driving etc. I would love to know some of the challenges you encountered when you started driving and also things to look out for... Thank you.
Dealing with bike men, night driving too

17 Likes

Re: How Was Your First Driving Experience? by Nickisindigo(m): 1:23am On Dec 02, 2019
am still yet to learn driving

3 Likes

Re: How Was Your First Driving Experience? by FIDELITY24(m): 2:03am On Dec 02, 2019
Couzy21:

Dealing with bike men, night driving too
okay... Noted

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Was Your First Driving Experience? by GideonOludayomi(m): 4:05am On Dec 02, 2019
FIDELITY24:

Here is my advise to you as a driving insructor...just follow and keep the 3C-rules to heart. they are:
CAUTION
CONSCIOUSNESS and
CALMNESS.

Master these three rules and you will be alright.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Was Your First Driving Experience? by FIDELITY24(m): 4:39am On Dec 02, 2019
GideonOludayomi:

Here is my advise to you as a driving insructor...just follow and keep the 3C-rules to heart. they are:
CAUTION
CONSCIOUSNESS and
CALMNESS.

Master these three rules and you will be alright.
Okay... Thank you sir!

1 Like

Re: How Was Your First Driving Experience? by Originalsly: 6:40am On Dec 02, 2019
Most important.... the person should teach you according to international standards. Great you are learning on standard/stick shift. If the trainer is teaching you to use one foot for accelerator only.... and the other foot for brake and clutch.... stop...get a new trainer. Always..... wear your seatbelt... regardless of what anyone has to say. ... not because of laws... but it can help prevent severe injuries/death... it is about your safety. Practice signaling ... before changing lanes.... turning... and most of all glancing in your rearview mirror to know what's happening around you.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Was Your First Driving Experience? by mcmbonu: 7:07am On Dec 02, 2019
It's all about heart attack

1 Like

Re: How Was Your First Driving Experience? by EfonAlaaye2023(m): 7:07am On Dec 02, 2019
hmm

I was trained with manual car (Volvo) then in school, so after service I went to gained more experience in driving school(road signs and what precautions to take when car malfunction or fall in bad sign)

at first having a big car like Volvo then it was scary but worth the experience. I summon the courage because it had been my passion right from secondary days

I learnt a lot from driving school.

manual gear signs are numerical while automatic is alphabetical

in manual settings, your two legs are important while just one leg control the two pedals of auto

driving is now fun to me

10 Likes

Re: How Was Your First Driving Experience? by Oblongata: 7:07am On Dec 02, 2019
I was going for a friend’s birthday at water parks and I had many guys in my secondary school that could pull a ride, I knew I had to take my mum’s ride, I confided my plan to my late brother (who was in the university then), he concurred...

Before then I could only drive within the compound, it was my first time driving outside, I got carried away at water parks and before I could say jack robins, it was dark!

Shebi me wey Dey hustle to drive for day time no suppose wait till he reach night?

To drive from Allen to Berger became very tough, to make matters worse Some babes were like ‘please carry us to ogba’, me wey no good at all.. but thank God, there was no problem to ogba, and I dropped them successfully.

Fast forward
I nearly drove past my street at Ojodu before I realized hence I just steered straight into the street, no pointer, no stopping, no looking out for cars...

I just heard GBOSA!

Alas!!!

It was my dad I bashed!!!

On top that I didn’t make maths in WAEC!

I got the thrashing of my life that day, that I stopped driving for years until 2001

Driving no easy o sad

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Was Your First Driving Experience? by nony43(m): 7:07am On Dec 02, 2019
My second day on the steering i hit a police post when i was about negotiating a roundabout

5 Likes

Re: How Was Your First Driving Experience? by Tintinnoty(m): 7:07am On Dec 02, 2019
H
Re: How Was Your First Driving Experience? by Neddyned(m): 7:07am On Dec 02, 2019
Sure
Re: How Was Your First Driving Experience? by GEOANDSONS: 7:08am On Dec 02, 2019
grin grin fun stories

1 Like

Re: How Was Your First Driving Experience? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:08am On Dec 02, 2019
@ : One of the most interesting Day of our lives!

Thank God no chicken or dog died!
cheesy

@OP, JUST STAY CALM!!

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Was Your First Driving Experience? by dinocy(m): 7:08am On Dec 02, 2019
I am still learning but it’s interesting.
I nearly clear one guy the first i started but i am getting There now.

12 Likes

Re: How Was Your First Driving Experience? by Lovexme(m): 7:08am On Dec 02, 2019
I started driving the first time I bought a car; I surprised myself. Although, I broke my right side mirror some days later grin

4 Likes

Re: How Was Your First Driving Experience? by helinues: 7:09am On Dec 02, 2019
That was the same day I graduated.. Been moving the car front and back whenever I am given the key to wash the car.

Dad got to know somehow and decided to teach me proper. We went for our first training and after returning back, Na to wash the car as usual

Na so I showed my skills , drive around small, park it back but forgot to put off the engine..

Battery ran out the next morning and that was the end..

But been driving since a decade now without that proper training..

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Was Your First Driving Experience? by nony43(m): 7:10am On Dec 02, 2019
FIDELITY24:

Don't jam someone and avoids been jammed however, if you are not learning in Lagos you might need a special driving school to drive in Lagos

2 Likes

Re: How Was Your First Driving Experience? by BabaIbo: 7:10am On Dec 02, 2019
I had my first driving experience when I was in secondary school. It was my friend that taught me how to drive that day.
He was surprised I didn't hit anything right from when we left home to the field where I learnt it but in order to cancel that clean sheet, on our way back home (close to the house gate) he confused me by telling me to look at that fine lady he was telling me about the other day, innocently I turned to look at the imaginary lady, by the time I realized he did it to distract me, I am already close to the gate's pillar. That's how I bashed the car and he started laughing hysterically. Telling me even him that is teaching me hit so many obstacles when he learnt to drive, how come I want to have clean sheer why learning.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Was Your First Driving Experience? by Truthbites: 7:10am On Dec 02, 2019
Exciting
Re: How Was Your First Driving Experience? by presh001: 7:11am On Dec 02, 2019
The experience get K-Leg....
At the field...

The boy that did ring bearer(6years) for me was something else...
My husband put hurdles/obstacles and asked me not to knock them down and other drive talks. The little lad was inside the car with me, as I wanted to hit one of the obstacles this boy just picked on me "Aunty, u nuh dey see the stick wey brother put for there? Ah-think en tell you say make you nuh hit am? U nuh dey see when he dey drive his own?" I nah replied him "IB, nah your talk-talk dey confuse"... "Na talk I dey talk I nuh dey touch the car oh, nuh be when brother ask you, you go say na me do you oh.... Even set when brother dey drive I dey follow am talk but the go still dey drive well"�����
The young man frustrated me and was a challenge because I wanted to prove to him that I can make it...

On lanes...
Bike men are demons.... Evil people... By and by na only two bike men I use car kiss(I didn't knock them down)

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Was Your First Driving Experience? by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 02, 2019
for your quality and affordable christmas rides, visit
https://www.nairaland.com/5559262/affordable-cars
Re: How Was Your First Driving Experience? by Gabson006: 7:11am On Dec 02, 2019
Good

Who can recommend a good driving school in Ota?
Re: How Was Your First Driving Experience? by Dididrumz(m): 7:11am On Dec 02, 2019
I bashed my dads car cool

He was not around, so i asked a friend that knows how to drive to teach me in my compund, next. The next minute i was on the road feeling like james bond, and gbaaaaaaaas a keke driver and his keke were upside down, fear could not let me stay so i took off.

My elder bro had to cover up for me that he was the one driving.

It was one of the most scariest events of my life

20 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Uber's Self-driving Trucks Are Now Delivering Cargoes In Arizona / Worst Models Of Cars To Avoid as Hell / Top 10 Items You Should Always Have In Your Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.