Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

Can One Cash An Overseas Cheque in Nigeria? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can One Cash An Overseas Cheque in Nigeria? (9959 Views)

Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks / CBN Bans Use Of Dollars For Overseas Fees, Medical Trips / Can One Cash An Overseas Cheque In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Cash An Overseas Cheque in Nigeria? by Ezequeen: 11:33pm On Nov 23, 2010
please i want to know how or if someone can cash an overseas cheque here in NIGERIA. pls info me. thanks

1 Like

Re: Can One Cash An Overseas Cheque in Nigeria? by Guarantor(m): 6:51pm On Dec 09, 2010
Yes, provided the Beneficiary has a Domicilliary account and the name on the cheque correspond with the name of the domicilliary account.
Re: Can One Cash An Overseas Cheque in Nigeria? by ayoos(m): 5:48am On Dec 15, 2010
Yes you can, but it takes a minimum of three weeks to clear, that is before you can collect it. And the bank will charge for making the withdrawal.

You must however have a domicilliary account.

You can open one if you have a current account already, if not you will need to get references and your international passport to open it.

All the best
Re: Can One Cash An Overseas Cheque in Nigeria? by BabaOnileK: 6:10pm On Dec 26, 2010
ayoos:

Yes you can, but it takes a minimum of three weeks to clear, that is before you can collect it. And the bank will charge for making the withdrawal.

You must however have a domicilliary account.

You can open one if you have a current account already, if not you will need to get references and your international passport to open it.
I agree with you though for USD cheques drawn on US banks, it might take shorter period depending on your bank.
Re: Can One Cash An Overseas Cheque in Nigeria? by Nairaplus(m): 4:54pm On Dec 27, 2010
I have 3 checks from google. I am planning to go to GTB to open a domicilliary account. Will they accept National ID card for the account opening? I will like someone who runs an account with especially GTB to tell me how much they charge(percentage) on the dollar amount of the check domiciled. Is it up to 10%?
Re: Can One Cash An Overseas Cheque in Nigeria? by femmy2010(m): 6:24pm On Dec 30, 2010
Yes but takes like forever for it to clear and fund made available to you.
Re: Can One Cash An Overseas Cheque in Nigeria? by LoveKing(m): 7:45am On Dec 31, 2010
femmy2010:

Yes but takes like forever for it to clear and fund made available to you.

Takes 21 days actually. You can also try super savings account on Oceanic then open a dorm. account after wards.
Re: Can One Cash An Overseas Cheque in Nigeria? by IFELEKE(m): 4:08pm On Jan 02, 2011
Nairaplus:

I have 3 checks from google. I am planning to go to GTB to open a domicilliary account. Will they accept National ID card for the account opening? I will like someone who runs an account with especially GTB to tell me how much they charge(percentage) on the dollar amount of the check domiciled. Is it up to 10%?
Yes your national identity card will be accepted along with your utility bill(phcn bill or water bill).You will also be required to provide 2 suitable references(current account holders) before the account becomes fully operational.The cheque will clear in less than 15 working days and you'll be charged 1% plus vat at the point of withdrawing.
Cheers
Re: Can One Cash An Overseas Cheque in Nigeria? by Nairaplus(m): 1:13am On Jan 03, 2011
IFELEKE:

Yes your national identity card will be accepted along with your utility bill(phcn bill or water bill).You will also be required to provide 2 suitable references(current account holders) before the account becomes fully operational.The cheque will clear in less than 15 working days and you'll be charged 1% plus vat at the point of withdrawing.
Cheers

Thank you so much for this response.
Re: Can One Cash An Overseas Cheque in Nigeria? by tomm2580(m): 11:30am On Jan 04, 2011
@nairaplus, pls can you tell me how you made money thru adsense. been trying for some time now but ve not been getting it. have already created my site but ve been finding it very hard to put adsense on it. pls help me.
Re: Can One Cash An Overseas Cheque in Nigeria? by Nairaplus(m): 12:53pm On Jan 06, 2011
tomm2580:

@nairaplus, pls can you tell me how you made money thru adsense. been trying for some time now but ve not been getting it. have already created my site but ve been finding it very hard to put adsense on it. pls help me.

I invested more time than money. Most of you think it is get rich quick but it's not. Currently my blog makes at least $50 monthly, but it took me about 6 months to achieve that. I posted, bookmarked, listed my weblog on directories, etc. And I was consistent for that 6 months. I browsed from a cafe if you care to know. Currently I use the MTN N100 Daily browsing on my Nokia 5130 with Opera 5 to do the browsing and spend less time in the cafe.

Call me on 07063189585. It will be better if you are Kaduna-Based, otherwise we can only communicate on phone.
Re: Can One Cash An Overseas Cheque in Nigeria? by tomm2580(m): 10:26am On Jan 10, 2011
thanks Nairaplus. but i never thought blogging would give me an overnite success. ve checked your blog and i like what i saw. did you by any way host your blog on a paid hosting. am not kaduna based. thanks
Re: Can One Cash An Overseas Cheque in Nigeria? by oloribu(f): 4:27am On Jan 14, 2011
yes now shocked
Re: Can One Cash An Overseas Cheque in Nigeria? by idifu(m): 10:54am On Jan 14, 2011
62.50k Kerosene from equatorial guinea buyers here is my email idifu@yahoo.com
Re: Can One Cash An Overseas Cheque in Nigeria? by labasckey: 5:23pm On Jan 25, 2011
have u guyz try the domain buz it pay more more than blog adsense
smiley
Re: Can One Cash An Overseas Cheque in Nigeria? by netmoney(m): 4:41am On Jan 26, 2011
tomm2580:

thanks Nairaplus. but i never thought blogging would give me an overnite success. ve checked your blog and i like what i saw. did you by any way host your blog on a paid hosting. am not kaduna based. thanks

i use free hosting account.
Re: Can One Cash An Overseas Cheque in Nigeria? by tomm2580(m): 10:26pm On Jan 27, 2011
@netmoney, can u pls tell me the hosting service you use and the way you did it so i can try them. thanks a million
Re: Can One Cash An Overseas Cheque in Nigeria? by netmoney(m): 6:08pm On Jan 28, 2011
I use the free blogger service at www.blogger.com
Re: Can One Cash An Overseas Cheque in Nigeria? by harwarl(m): 10:47pm On Jan 26, 2016
please can some one tell me how to cash a bank draft in Nigeria and which bank can u advise me to cash it in .. and what are their requirements cause am only 17please can some one tell me how to cash a bank draft in Nigeria and which bank can u advise me to cash it in .. and what are their requirements cause am only 17please can some one tell me how to cash a bank draft in Nigeria and which bank can u advise me to cash it in .. and what are their requirements cause am only 17

(1) (Reply)

New Scammer ( Austin Azubuike ) / Why You Should Become An Opay Agent (basic Requirements And Salary) / a

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.