Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,850 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

Your First Time Experience At Toasting (wooing) Or Being Toasted? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your First Time Experience At Toasting (wooing) Or Being Toasted? (8081 Views)

The Best Tribe At Toasting Women / 3 Things To Avoid When Toasting A Girl / Your First Time Of Wooing Or Been Wooed. Let's Discuss Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your First Time Experience At Toasting (wooing) Or Being Toasted? by iyes(m): 10:21pm On Nov 24, 2010
Once upon a short time ago, when there were no cellphones, SMS,no PCs, no laptops, no e-mails or chats, no Facebook, no Nairaland etc Toasting was a major challenge, consequently, it was developed to a level of arts & science.

There were 3 modes of expressing amourous intentions between guys & babesm Namely;
1. Direct Method - boy meets girl face-to-face and spins yarns. Usually difficult to 1st timers
2. Semidirect Method - boy sends someone close to girl to her as a go-between to express boy's love. Usually open to betrayals.
3. Indirect Method - boy writes beautifully worded letter, with best handwritting, to girl. Usually risky, easily opened to exposure or discovery by unwanted persons, especially, babe's parents!

Due to this impasse, guys attempting to toast (woo) babes for the very 1st time faced serious dilemma, and uphill tasks.

I'm curious, how did your 1st experience at toasting, or being toasted go?
Re: Your First Time Experience At Toasting (wooing) Or Being Toasted? by Dabss(m): 12:24am On Nov 25, 2010
@op after you
Re: Your First Time Experience At Toasting (wooing) Or Being Toasted? by ismaeel86(m): 1:27am On Nov 25, 2010
my xperience, my voice was shaky and i was stammering, then the magi world came out, "u are d most prettiest gal hav ever met,everyday i dream about u, i want u to be my soulmate" it was very brief and d gal smiled and gave me a dirty slap on my face. 2years later she developed interest in me and told one of her friend to tell me dat she really like me. it was funny, it was my turn to do shakara, i later wooed her and she bcame my first luv. wow, i feel like ringin her, bt she is married now.
Re: Your First Time Experience At Toasting (wooing) Or Being Toasted? by HighChief4(m): 2:05am On Nov 25, 2010
The love letter goes like this:

Dearest Jane,

Pls kiss before reading, I am thinking about you all the time, even when am asleep. You are the only futball in my field. Your pant is my hankerchief, I love you more than the air i breath. Pls can u meet me at the shop down the street after class. Thank you. I love you.

grin grin grin grin grin lol

1 Like

Re: Your First Time Experience At Toasting (wooing) Or Being Toasted? by iyes(m): 8:00am On Nov 25, 2010
Mine was funny and dramatic. I was 15, just finished WAEC, came to the village from Boarding School. My friends who were stil in Forms 3 & 4 were all Day Students (kai, Day Students quick spoil) all had babes. Noticing that I, who was respected because of my higher education level, had none, they arranged a local beauty who had been particularly difficult, as  befitting of my high status for me! Not knowing I was a complete novice in the business.

Now, as a "big boy" from town, I didn't own up, but pretended along. On the D-day, I was asked to stay at their backyard while she was called out of the house toi meet me. Meanwhile, just like the way I prepared for exams, I'd rehearsed my punch line so freequently that I crammed them for recital! And when I heard their footsteps, I bolted!

Later, my disappointed friends came to our house to express their anger, but I lied that I had to hurried come home to use the toilet. Excuse accepted, a make-up session scheduled for the next day. Wahala!

Next day's evening everything was set as previously, only this time, 2 guys were stationed with me while the arranger fetched the girl. This tactic of theirs made me shiver more, as it heaped more pressure on me. And when the babe arrived, they introduced us, and left, but not far enough, just the other side of the corner of the house within an earshot, eavesdropping and whispering among themselves. That was the final straw; I totally blanked out, forgetting all my rehearsed lines - not one word!

The babe, who perhaps was more interested than I was, kept urging me to speak up! After like eternity of silence, mark you I was starring on the floor all along, just walked away with a long drawn hiss "mchewwwwwww"

My guys erupted into bouts of laughter. Eventually I confessed my inexperience to them, and they advised that I should "shack well well" (booze) next time.

A week after, everything went according to plans. Here was I, very high & overconfident on booze. When she arrived, she rested her back on the wall and asked "what again this time?" As I opened my mouth to reel out the magic words, she covered her nose and asked me to step backwards because I reeked of alcohol! I obeyed. But as I wanted to pose by leaning with my elbow on the wall beside her, being drunk, I misjudged the distance and fell flat at her feet!!!

Luckily, 2 factors worked in my favour, the "arranger" is her cousin, otherwise he might have converted for himself beacause as go-between, he'd done 80% of the job. Secondly, the babe liked me very much. Eventually, that was all I did to earn her sending words to me that she'd "heard"!!!

And I, was a proud brand newest boyfriend in town!

4 Likes

Re: Your First Time Experience At Toasting (wooing) Or Being Toasted? by slinkky(m): 10:37am On Nov 25, 2010
funny
Re: Your First Time Experience At Toasting (wooing) Or Being Toasted? by md4real(m): 12:28pm On Nov 25, 2010
iyes:

Mine was funny and dramatic. I was 15, just finished WAEC, came to the village from Boarding School. My friends who were stil in Forms 3 & 4 were all Day Students (kai, Day Students quick spoil) all had babes. Noticing that I, who was respected because of my higher education level, had none, they arranged a local beauty who had been particularly difficult, as  befitting of my high status for me! Not knowing I was a complete novice in the business.

Now, as a "big boy" from town, I didn't own up, but pretended along. On the D-day, I was asked to stay at their backyard while she was called out of the house toi meet me. Meanwhile, just like the way I prepared for exams, I'd rehearsed my punch line so freequently that I crammed them for recital! And when I heard their footsteps, I bolted!

Later, my disappointed friends came to our house to express their anger, but I lied that I had to hurried come home to use the toilet. Excuse accepted, a make-up session scheduled for the next day. Wahala!

Next day's evening everything was set as previously, only this time, 2 guys were stationed with me while the arranger fetched the girl. This tactic of theirs made me shiver more, as it heaped more pressure on me. And when the babe arrived, they introduced us, and left, but not far enough, just the other side of the corner of the house within an earshot, eavesdropping and whispering among themselves. That was the final straw; I totally blanked out, forgetting all my rehearsed lines - not one word!

The babe, who perhaps was more interested than I was, kept urging me to speak up! After like eternity of silence, mark you I was starring on the floor all along, just walked away with a long drawn hiss "mchewwwwwww"

My guys erupted into bouts of laughter. Eventually I confessed my inexperience to them, and they advised that I should "shack well well" (booze) next time.

A week after, everything went according to plans. Here was I, very high & overconfident on booze. When she arrived, she rested her back on the wall and asked "what again this time?" As I opened my mouth to reel out the magic words, she covered her nose and asked me to step backwards because I reeked of alcohol! I obeyed. But as I wanted to pose by leaning with my elbow on the wall beside her, being drunk, I misjudged the distance and fell flat at her feet!!!

Luckily, 2 factors worked in my favour, the "arranger" is her cousin, otherwise he might have converted for himself beacause as go-between, he'd done 80% of the job. Secondly, the babe liked me very much. Eventually, that was all I did to earn her sending words to me that she'd "heard"!!!

And I, was a proud brand newest boyfriend in town!  

all these for toasting and getting a girl friend?which kan village Boti you be?
i got my gir-friend during boju-boju and when we where building sand house playing mama and papa, so so so sweet.
Re: Your First Time Experience At Toasting (wooing) Or Being Toasted? by iice(f): 5:00pm On Nov 25, 2010
I laughed alot. It's was amusing grin
Re: Your First Time Experience At Toasting (wooing) Or Being Toasted? by Dsense(m): 5:08pm On Nov 25, 2010
op,
Mine was a lil complicated oo
The girl rejected me the first time . , But we stayed friends for 2 yrs . . .So i tried ma luck again and it worked.
So we re still together up till this moment . . .nd planning for marriage.
Re: Your First Time Experience At Toasting (wooing) Or Being Toasted? by iyes(m): 10:44pm On Nov 25, 2010
@ iice

Even me, I can't resist a chuckle each time I recount the ordeal now. But I assure you, it wasn't funny at all during the period. I experienced a whole spectrum of emotions; excitement, anticipation, fear, shame, anger, frustration, desperation, defeat, resignation, indignation, and when I thought all was lost, elation (when the babe decided to bail me out)

So, how about you. What was your 1st experience like?

2 Likes

Re: Your First Time Experience At Toasting (wooing) Or Being Toasted? by slap1(m): 11:04pm On Nov 25, 2010
Never actually toasted a girl. The first time a girl toasted me was through a letter (about 8 yrs ago) and she was four yrs younger. I wasn't expecting it from her, a very pretty creature. I didn't really love her, but I couldn't hurt her feelings so I played along. Up till now she still adores me but I pray she gets a good husband and leaves.
Re: Your First Time Experience At Toasting (wooing) Or Being Toasted? by Coolabbie: 11:35pm On Nov 25, 2010
@slap dats so mean cry
Re: Your First Time Experience At Toasting (wooing) Or Being Toasted? by slap1(m): 4:13am On Nov 26, 2010
^^ I thought it was just a fleeting passion. Never knew it was gonna last long, this long! I didn't want to make her feel cheap. However, I don't have a thing for another girl . . . I just know we ain't gonna work.
Re: Your First Time Experience At Toasting (wooing) Or Being Toasted? by iice(f): 11:08am On Nov 26, 2010
iyes:

@ iice

Even me, I can't resist a chuckle each time I recount the ordeal now. But I assure you, it wasn't funny at all during the period. I experienced a whole spectrum of emotions; excitement, anticipation, fear, shame, anger, frustration, desperation, defeat, resignation, indignation, and when I thought all was lost, elation (when the babe decided to bail me out)

So, how about you. What was your 1st experience like?

My post was about my first experience. But yeah, yours was funny too grin

My first time, I found it amusing and laughed alot. Ok i always find it amusing and laugh alot. I suppose it would have hurt another person, but he was my friend. . .so he only had small hope that i wouldn't laugh. It was even funnier because he was older and the bad boy of the city. I decided to not let it get to the point of him putting his whole leg in his mouth and agreed.
Re: Your First Time Experience At Toasting (wooing) Or Being Toasted? by Pennywise(m): 12:06pm On Nov 26, 2010
Not sure if this experience counts. It wasnt my first attempt at toasting (the 1st I prefer not to remember) but I was still a 16yr old varjeeen who just smashed Jamb. So, confidence was not in short supply.

Her mother owned a shop where she helped out regularly. I read her gaze and I knew I couldnt be wrong. So I penned a nice letter and gave it to one smallie to take to her.Plan was to take her out that afternoon and thereafter execute a very well choreographed sequence of events. Anyway, the dutiful smallie did not see her and so he gave it to her illiterate mother who wasted no time coming to tell me things as they are in full view of the whole wide world. She tot I was a good boy being influenced by bad friends. But she was wrong. There is no good 16yr old boy around teenage girls.

Anyway I lost my virginity within a year under circumstances not entirely different. But this time no letter whatsoever. Many years later, you cant pin a suggestive text message on me.
Re: Your First Time Experience At Toasting (wooing) Or Being Toasted? by Woke4all(m): 1:36pm On Nov 26, 2010

(1) (Reply)

Ladies What's Your Perfect Engagement Ring / Ladies, Will You Like To Be Svcked? / Politicians Will Never Know Peace, For Spoiling Our Girls (pics)..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.