Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,537 members, 7,801,507 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer (43738 Views)

Edo PDP Primary: Obaseki Says No Cause For Alarm And He Will Participate / Ambode Reacts To EFCC Searching His House, Says No Cause For Alarm / Why Moghalu, Durotoye, Ezekwesili, Others Stand No Chance By Deji Yesufu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by State001: 2:14pm On Dec 05, 2019
Following the ‘ill-advised conviction’ of former Governor of Abia and Senate Chief Whip, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu, of alleged N7.65bn fraud, a legal practitioner has declared that there was no cause for alarm.

Speaking with Igbere TV in a telephone interview shortly after the court ruling on Thursday afternoon, Victor Otie, Esq., faulted the judgement, insisting that it was unknown to law and cannot stand.

“This is just a temporal distraction from his (Kalu’s) legislative duty, we are challenging it. We are sure of victory just like the Tribunal case. The ruling cannot stand.

“How can you say a company (Slok) that has been in existence before he became governor should be wind up? Does it make sense?.”

Asked if the judgement has direct legal implications on his (Kalu’s) seat as senator and office as Chief Whip, Barr. Otie said the positions would not be affected.

“Kalu remains a Senator and Senate Chief Whip, the position and office as Senator are not affected”, he said.

On whether the court ruling would be appealed, the legal practitioner said the judgement will be appealed from the Appeal Court up to the Supreme Court, insisting that there was no cause for alarm.

More details shortly...

http://igberetvnews.com/1178379/orji-kalu-high-court-verdict-cant-stand-cause-alarm-lawyer/

Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by State001: 2:14pm On Dec 05, 2019
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by Jmk9292(m): 2:19pm On Dec 05, 2019
We're keenly watching.....
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by oyin44: 2:20pm On Dec 05, 2019
It is essential for the politicians to realise that if by appointment they were placed above the people. That appointment was temporary and dependent upon the goodwill of all.it didn't make them any wiser than those people placed under them.Above all,always assuming that their people are fools.N7.65b is much

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by GeoAfrikana(m): 2:22pm On Dec 05, 2019
Money is talking.

This legal system that oyinbo gave Nigeria is a scam. Imagine if the victim was a poor man, how will he get money to settle case for ten years, let alone go to court of appeal.

No wonder our politicians don't steal small money, they also add a few dozens of millions to pay lawyers, sans and buy kola for judges who like goro.

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by LibertyRep: 2:22pm On Dec 05, 2019
He is surely going to fight it till the Supreme Court and as far as the law permits.

My worry is just what the court says about the fund in contention. Is he going to make a refund to the government of Abia state?

Or he will just serve the term and keep the loot?

Methinks the law should not only stipulate a refund, the offender should also be made to pay interest of 20% per annum for the entire duration starting from when the money was looted and the day conviction was secured.

33 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by Waakanda: 2:22pm On Dec 05, 2019
Fingers crossed cool

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by iykecicero: 2:23pm On Dec 05, 2019
He went to court with Okpu Ade (Ade Cap) thinking that Buhari would see him as the chief slave servant but the Dullard told him, “Under the bus you go.”

He’s been used to grease the wheel of Buhari’s phantom corruption fight, and judiciary independence. There’s great joy in Aba because the sellout slave has been sacrificed by his slave owners!

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by Cladez(m): 2:23pm On Dec 05, 2019
The alacrity is alarming.
There is something they know which we don't know.

No one is above the law.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 05, 2019
It will stand Insha Allah

2 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by okeyumez(m): 2:23pm On Dec 05, 2019
I can only see cosmetic laughter on the face of Orji Kalu
Read this

Psalm 37 KJV - Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. ... Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way ...[center][/center]

4 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:24pm On Dec 05, 2019
Just a few days ago, Tinubu was hailing Orji Kalu that he's fit to be a president, I said if given the opportunity, he will gun him down!!!

Today, they have successfully buried that ambition!!!

More to follow!!!

Nigerian government has alot to do!!!

See federal high Court, see port hole undecided

7 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 05, 2019
grin
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by Euegene100001: 2:25pm On Dec 05, 2019
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by Amarabae(f): 2:25pm On Dec 05, 2019
Inasmuch as I don't like buhari extremism but you just can't deny the fact that corruption reduced a bit in his regime unlike GEJ time ,I don't believe in don't touch our criminal mentality,
Expose and deal with corrupt Igbo politicians, you are indirectly helping Igboland

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by olaadesino(m): 2:25pm On Dec 05, 2019
Impunity not longer work

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by Flexherbal(m): 2:25pm On Dec 05, 2019
This is just a temporal distraction from his (Kalu’s) legislative duty, we are challenging it. We are sure of victory just like the Tribunal case. The ruling cannot stand.

We are following....
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by tophumble(m): 2:25pm On Dec 05, 2019
These lawyers that decieved Atiku and collected his money av started decieving Orji Uzor Kalu because of his money.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by anonimi: 2:25pm On Dec 05, 2019
Jmk9292:
We're keenly watching.....

The way barawo bubu watched Gandollar video and said no case

okaynigeria:
Muhammadu Buhari, the President of Nigeria, has finally spoken on video of Governor of Kano Abdullahi Ganduje allegedly collecting kickbacks in dollars from a contractor.

During a live presidential town hall meeting ‘The Candidates’, Buhari said he is doubting the video showing the Ganduje collecting the bribe in dollars as he smiles and laugh.

OkayNG reported that the live event was held at the Ladi Kwali Conference Centre, Sheraton Hotel, Abuja, on Wednesday.

When asked by the moderator Kadira Ahmed on why he hasn't reacted to the corruption allegation against Ganduje, Buhari said:

“Can Ganduje fail to trust somebody to give the money to him?

“That clip, somebody brought it to me of how the Kano Governor was receiving dollars and smiling and putting it in his pocket. I don’t know the extent of technology used and I can’t answer now because the state assembly has gone to court I decided not to talk about it, and the state assembly constitutionally could have dealt with that but then I heard the matter was taken to court,” the president said.

The moderator then asked Buhari if he believes the video is fake or real but Vice President Osinbajo tried to intervene. At this point, the moderator cuts him short, saying: “he can talk for himself.”

Buhari then replied that: “As I told you, I’ve seen the clip; I don’t know how much technology was used but can Ganduje fail to get somebody to get the money to him [and] he has to take it directly himself, smiling?

“I honestly am completely overwhelmed and the system has given me some relief; it’s in the court, it is in the state assembly so let them as much as possible deal with it. This thing has received a lot of publicity and I hope by the time I go on my campaign for re-election there will be some answers from the court and the state assembly in Kano state about the video.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6nUfRytk3M

https://www.okayng.com/buhari-finally-speaks-on-videos-of-ganduje-collecting-dollars-watch-video/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8645041_buhariandganduje_jpeg9161d801e67b7694b2adda47085789e5

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by Tmmycash(m): 2:25pm On Dec 05, 2019
APC serving Senator, Orji Uzor Kalu, who also double as the Chief whip of the 9th house Assembly is going to jail for corruption. With this, we now have 3 APC members in prison for corruption, and PDP none, but PDP claims d corruption fight is selective

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by cRobo: 2:26pm On Dec 05, 2019
I'm very skeptical that Kali will serve 12/years jail term

Not in this Nigeria I know
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by madapcmod: 2:26pm On Dec 05, 2019
No judge should entertain his appeal.

The crook should be thrown to kirikiri prison immediately.

Anuofia! Anu mpama!

Nkita lachakwa gi Anya OUK.

The idiot Buhari/APC ass licker thought he could win Buhari's heart by Insulting Igbos for not voting APC. Ngwanu omego.

4 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by Wewemoji: 2:26pm On Dec 05, 2019
Hopefuly we shall take back our country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by ebby9z(m): 2:26pm On Dec 05, 2019
Lawyers:
Conmen giving criminals false hopes since the days of Josiah. ���

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by Iwonttell(m): 2:27pm On Dec 05, 2019
He is going to prison wicked man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by Kingrefreshed: 2:27pm On Dec 05, 2019
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by emmyt2: 2:28pm On Dec 05, 2019
Who know ,know....
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by lawyer(m): 2:28pm On Dec 05, 2019
Orji Kalu's Lawyer is smoking the highest quality of weed for him to say this. No Supreme court can reverse the judgement. Best the lawyer can bring up are points of law to argue that the judge erred. Apart from that, the judgement stands and he would spend his 12 years complete.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by itu404(m): 2:28pm On Dec 05, 2019
Mister lawyer for the corrupt, a new dawn has began, wake up from your slumber and close his file . It's high time these big shots pay the price for their sins,
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by jahsharon: 2:28pm On Dec 05, 2019
sesanolalu87:
With all his lobbying tinubu, buhari and APC, they still want to fukc him up

He stole Abia money, now he is lobbying Tinubu and Buhari, if you are not mentally imbalance you, you would pray that Tinubu and Buhari just ignore him

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aisha Yesufu Replies Garba Shehu Who Said Nobody Can Bring Down Buhari's Govt / Joe Igbokwe: Ebelechukwu Obiano Deserved The Slap From Bianca Ojukwu / Femi Fani-Kayode Prostrates Before Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.