Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State (2053 Views)

#SarakiCCT: Zakari Mohammed Responsible For Blackout During Saraki's CCT Trial / Ekiti State LG Election To Be Held On 19th Dec 2015 - Gov Ayo Fayose / Policeman Beaten Up In Oyo State For Allegedly Causing Accident (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by BigB11(m): 1:46pm On May 25, 2007
Violence in Oyo State: 9 killed, many injured - Houses, vehicles set ablaze

Suspected political thugs swept through the streets of Oyo State yesterday, shooting and attacking people suspected to be opponents.

Nine people were reported killed. Sixwere said to have died in Shaki, Oke-Ogun area of the state; one was reportedly killed in Ibadan while two were killed in Oyo town.

The violence was as a reult of the rescheduled local government elections held in the state yesterday and it resulted in the destruction of property including houses and vehicles and abduction of some politicians by political thugs.

Sources said that attempts by the OYSIEC officials to conduct the election were stalled by a group of political parties in the town.

Also in Oorelope and Irepo local government areas of the state, lives and property were reported lost. Electoral materials were burnt to ashes by some political thugs in the area.

A party chairman’s car was said to have been burnt, while he was also macheted and became unconscious.

At the Iyana Church area of Ibadan, a body was seen on the road with machete and gunshot wounds, while commercial activities in the area was paralysed.

In Ibadan, no fewer than five houses of Senator Rashidi Ladoja’s loyalists were said to have been torched by unknown persons, while a factional leader of the state chapter of National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW), Alhaji Wasiu Abubakar (a.k.a. Tawa), was said to be among Ladoja’s men that were abducted and inflicted injuries upon.

Tawa, believed to be working closely with the camp of Senator Ladoja, was macheted is now on danger list at the New State Hospital, Adeoyo.

The office of OYSIEC in Ibadan North West Local Government Area was destroyed, while the family houses of the state Commissioner for Information, Tourism and Culture, Alhaji Bayo Lawal and those of Mr. Waheed Yusuf, the Ona Ara Caretaker Committee chairman, were attacked.

Other politicians said to have been abducted were Mogaji Makinde, chairmanship candidate of ANPP in Ibadan North East; Mr. Laide Lanihun from Ibadan North West and Fatai Abegunrin, the Education Secretary for Ona Ara Local Government.

In Oke-Ogun area of the town, many people were reported macheted and rushed to various hospitals in Shaki, Kishi, Igboho, Okeho and other major towns in the area where the election was disrupted by the political thugs.

In Ogbomosho, the hometown of the deputy governor and governor-elect, pockets of violence were reported to have taken place. Loyalists of the Labour Party and All Nigeria Peoples Party, who attempted to participate in the election, were frustrated.

In Oyo township, two people were feared dead while many people were said to be receiving treatment at four hospitals in the town. Expectedly, the development stirred tension and apprehension among the people, as most shops and markets were closed down.

No policemen were noticed on the streets while the trouble lasted. When contacted, the state Commissioner of Police,was said to be in a meeting.

The state governor, Senator Ladoja, said: “The violence that we are talking about is not as bad as the governorship election”.

The governor also said that there was nothing illegal in the election, adding that the voters register was obtained from the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC). The governor blamed the police in the state for “the slight problem recorded.

“But the fact remains, whether it is an electoral process or boxing, or dancing, they are to protect the citizens of this state,” adding that the Wednesday invasion of the state Broadcasting Corporation of Oyo State (because), showed “the type of government we will have come May 29. Lawlessness will continue to reign in our country”.

http://ngex.com/news/public/newsinfo.php?nid=3846
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by minute(f): 1:53pm On May 25, 2007
@ topic-im lost for words.
hmmm i'd better continue covering my family with the blood of jesus,i just hope and pray they are okay.
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by Mamajama(m): 2:02pm On May 25, 2007
BIGB1 you never stop amazes me ain't you one of the top critics of policemen in Nigeria, if I recalled, you always called them useless and shameless people, now you want them to come out and prevent this mayhem? haba.  which side are you on self, stop switching lane like a headless chicken.
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by BigB11(m): 2:06pm On May 25, 2007
Omo Ibadan, kini show?

Ibadan, Oyo state happens to be one of my favorite cities in Nigeria and it disturbs me mentally or emotionally to see what is going on in Ibadan today and to know that there will never be peace in this city for at least the next 4 years.

It is very sad; because things did not have to go down this way. OBJ had opportunities and power to resolve this calamity by permanently disabling Adedibu and also by sending Akala back to school for his secondary school certificate.

But as usual, OBJ has his ridiculous and vindictive ways. He wanted to teach some folks some lessons, therefore he ignored the Lucifer and allowed my favorite city to continue to crumble into a war zone .

It doesn't look pleasant out there at-all and it is extremely disheartening to know that this mess will last for many many years to come.
I truly feel that OBJ has sold the prosperity and peace of Ibadan people at a cheap price to his personal agenda.
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by Mamajama(m): 2:09pm On May 25, 2007
How do you know there will be no peace in IBADAN for the next 4 years? dude are you an expert? are you one of the cabinet member of YAR ADUA? you don't know how YAR ADUA will handle the crisis in this state, so stop speculating and misleading people with your fake propaganda.
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by BigB11(m): 2:12pm On May 25, 2007
And the Police Department on the other hand, is being led by another boy scout, who is clueless and has no balls to perform effectively.

It is amazing, only in Nigeria.
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by angel101(f): 2:14pm On May 25, 2007
Big B1:

Omo Ibadan, kini show?

Ibadan, Oyo state happens to be one of my favorite cities in Nigeria and it disturbs me mentally or emotionally to see what is going on in Ibadan today and to know that there will never be peace in this city for at least the next 4 years.

It is very sad; because things did not have to go down this way. OBJ had opportunities and power to resolve this calamity by permanently disabling Adedibu and also by sending Akala back to school for his secondary school certificate.

But as usual, OBJ has his ridiculous and vindictive ways. He wanted to teach some folks some lesson, therefore he ignored the devils and allowed my favorite city to continue to crumble into a war zone .

It doesn't look pleasant out there at-all and it extremely disheartening to know that this mess will last for many many years to come.
I truly feel that OBJ has sold the prosperity and peace of Ibadan people at a cheap price to his personal agenda.

y dont we just rally around Akala and move on for the sake of peace wink

i hope u are not attempting to use double standards here o
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by BigB11(m): 2:17pm On May 25, 2007
Definitely, we must move forward, but at the same time we must discover an effective strategy to disable the thugs, who crave to disable the system and crumble down our nation into dust.
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by angel101(f): 2:21pm On May 25, 2007
@ BigB1
How? maybe Akala should also do a thank u tour?
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by angel101(f): 2:22pm On May 25, 2007
or we can just say 'things will get better soon'
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by angel101(f): 2:22pm On May 25, 2007
reality bites!!
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by Colonia(m): 2:22pm On May 25, 2007
I tell you what guys, IBADAN case is different , we have people who strongly believes in act of using hoodlums , violence and killing to get what they want. There  is only one man in Charge here. ADEDIBU. Not even AKALA.
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by BigB11(m): 2:25pm On May 25, 2007
Definitely the scenario is totally different.

Akala is an uninformed individual, an ordinary street thug who is not even qualified to manage a super market.
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by angel101(f): 2:38pm On May 25, 2007
Big B1:

Definitely the scenario is totally different.

Akala is an uninformed individual, an ordinary street thug who is not even qualified to manage a super market.

really? but the same PDP who enthroned him has done same with yaradua employing the same tactics i might add.
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by BigB11(m): 2:48pm On May 25, 2007
@angel101

I also blame OBJ for this Yar'Adua mess.
Believe me, this man, Yar'Adua would have won the election hands down without OBJ's mago mago magic.
Yar'Adua did not need PDP to win the election; infact PDP only contributed to the negative image of Yar'Adua's administration.

He's currently under pressure to drop OBJ's boys and I hope he does what is right for the sake of new beginning, new Nigeria.

Please, stop comparing the 2 events. It is very degrading to continue to compare a group of thugs to Yar'Adua's administration. It doesn't make any sense
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by angel101(f): 3:10pm On May 25, 2007
Big B1:

@angel101

I also blame OBJ for this Yar'Adua mess.
Believe me, this man, Yar'Adua would have won the election hands down without OBJ's mago mago magic.
Yar'Adua did not need PDP to win the election; infact PDP only contributed to the negative image of Yar'Adua's administration.

how do we know that?

Big B1:

@angel101

Please, stop comparing the 2 events. It is very degrading to continue to compare a group of thugs to Yar'Adua's administration. It doesn't make any sense

Isnt there a saying that birds of like feathers flock together? As i do not know yaradua personally, i can only judge him by his association. and like i said b4 the same tactics and endorsement was used by the same group for both parties. that is enough basis for comparism for me.
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by BigB11(m): 3:26pm On May 25, 2007
Posted by Angel101
how do we know that?

A leader of a nation doesn't refer to election victory as do or die

A leader of a nation doesn't come out and say, "yes, election wasn't perfect, but Yar'Adua won"

And finally, his laborious backbreaking endless desperation to stop all his enemies from contesting says it all.
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by angel101(f): 3:30pm On May 25, 2007
Big B1:

@angel101

Yar'Adua did not need PDP to win the election;

how do we know this? thats what i meant
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by BigB11(m): 3:46pm On May 25, 2007
OBJ knew what he was doing to select Yar'Adua and lucky.

Look, Kalu has no stamina, Atiku has too many stains and questions unanswered and Buhari still walks around with demons from his old ruling administration and it is also clear that he doesn't have what it takes; no disrespect.

Yar'Adua on the other hand, seems to be clean, simple, focused and also had a brother Nigerians admired.
Mr. Lucky represents new generation, educated, clean record and promotes unity.

I think the selection was deliberately selected to disable the big dogs at all levels; which I also thought was a smart move. But OBJ didn't want to take any chance, this was why the mago mago strategy was also introduced at a higher level.
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by Mamajama(m): 3:49pm On May 25, 2007
angel101

stop arguing with BIGb1, he is always bias when it comes to government policies, how can you talk of policies when you've never worked on day in your life? Yar Adua I will be different from OBJ, we must give him chance to succeed before we criticize it
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by BigB11(m): 3:55pm On May 25, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

You've missed it again. You're not even close.
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by angel101(f): 4:00pm On May 25, 2007
Big B1:

OBJ knew what he was doing to select Yar'Adua and lucky.

Yar'Adua on the other hand, seems to be clean, simple, focused and also had a brother Nigerians admired.

If yaradua was so clean y would he consent to the do or die matter?

MAMAJAMA:

angel101

Yar Adua I will be different from OBJ, we must give him chance to succeed before we criticize it

My question remains how can we tell? The foundation of his govt is rotten!
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by BigB11(m): 4:45pm On May 25, 2007
@amgel101:

What is the point of all your questions?
Are you trying to tell me that you support AKALA?
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by Larufa(m): 6:34pm On May 25, 2007
General Obasanjo did not create the Adedibu phenomenon, but under his watch in the last eight years, the likes of Adedibu and their agents were given every form of encouragement. The first major drama had occurred in Anambra in 2003 and 2004 when thugs working for a self-styled Godfather, the Eastern equivalent of Adedibu sacked the state and destroyed public property. Nothing came out of it, nobody was tried or punished, because the thugs and their sponsor enjoyed Presidential protection and encouragement. Even when the matter is in court as is currently the case in Oyo state, PDP thugs, old and young, do not feel compelled to respect the courts. They do not need to, because even the Federal Government routinely disobeys the courts of law.

The police have not been able to arrest Adedibu or his agents because their hands are tied too. Yesterday, heinous crime was committed in Oyo state; but no one may be tried for it. As General Obasanjo leaves office in four days, he will be leaving behind a country where impunity has become a preferred style, where thuggery, cheating and the abuse of politics are in vogue. In the last elections, those who snatched ballot papers and rigged elections openly, did so knowing quite well, that this is in conformity with the spirit of the times. In Oyo state, we are beginning to see just how dangerous such a legacy could be. Who knows what the PDP thugs will do next? Don't be surprised if they smoke Ladoja out of Government House before Tuesday.

---------:: By Reuben Abati
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by angel101(f): 7:45pm On May 26, 2007
@BigB1
i definitely do not support Akala i am just pointing out to u that it is the same people with the same tactics. so do not condemn one while u praise/condone the other. whats wrong is wrong!
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by BUSHFELLOW(m): 8:10pm On May 26, 2007
BIGGY I TAUGHT YOU SAID WE SHOULD RALLY ROUND THE ADMINISTRATION FOR PEACE TO REIGN SO PLEASE DONT COMPLAIN THIS IS WHAT YOU GET FROM RIGGING AND ELECTION. ALTHOUGH WE DONT PRAY FOR THE WORST BUT I TELL YOU IT IS YET TO COME.

PEACE

AJEGUNLE FOR LIFE
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by BigB11(m): 9:33pm On May 26, 2007
Exactly folks, let us rally around Yar'Adua's administration for the sake of peace, but don't let us rally behind this administration.

There is a big difference between the two.

If we condone what is going on in Ibadan, that means we are rallying behind this administration.

Please, do not let us get things twisted.

Akala and his group do not represent peace in any way and we must discover a better strategy to slow things down in Ibadan.
Ibadan represents many great things and we can not and will not allow this city to crumble down to dust.

I'm sure that this new administration is working very hard to ensure reliable security for the citizens. Just wait and see, folk.

Furthermore, I'm more than happy that the gutless IG (Ehindero) will also be leaving shortly.

Things will be different and our country will be back on top once again
Watch out folks, this is a whole new ball game.
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by BUSHFELLOW(m): 12:07am On May 27, 2007
but they are part of the administration that will be lead by yar' adua
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by BigB11(m): 1:01am On May 27, 2007
@BUSHFELLOW:

You're killing me!

Yes, let's us rally around Yar'Adua's administration for the sake of peace; but my friend, how is what is currently going on in Ibadan represents peace?

Just because we're willing to support Yar'Adua's administration doesn't mean we should condone or accept stupidity.
Make no mistake about it, violence will not be tolerated under any circumstances. We are civilized incredible people and we must keep a civilized country.

Does it make any sense if the nation is doing well economically, but political thugs continue to kill numbers of innocent people every other day just because they feel like it.
This is not right and something must be done quick to correct this stupidity.

My man, get familiar with the difference between "Rally around and Rally behind"
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by McKren(m): 1:38am On May 27, 2007
no doubt OBJ is responsible for the crisis in Oyo, I do also believe that latter in life when OBJ looks back at his history Oyo and Anambra will form his regretts.
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by BUSHFELLOW(m): 9:38am On May 27, 2007
NO BIGGY WE SHOULD RALLY ROUND THEM ALL AFTER ALL THE SAME PROCESS BROUGHT THEM ALL IN TO POWER RIGHT. IWU AND OBJ SO WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO JUSTIFY YOUR POST.

LIKE I SAID WE DONT PRAY FOR THE WORST IN STATE LIKE EDO WHERE 1.5 BILLION IS MISSING ALREADY, ANAMBRA WHERE THOSE WHO FRUSTRATED THE STATE ECONOMY ARE NOW THE NEW GOVERNOR ELECT, OYO WHERE AKALA WASTED THE STATE RESOURCE TO ENRICH ADEDIBU IN JUST 11 MONTH IN OFFICE, DELTA WHERE IBORI RUNS THE ECONOY AS HIS PRIVATE ESTATE AND ENDED UP PUTTING UDUAGHAN HIS COUSINE AS THE NEXT GOVERNOR, ONDO WHERE A DEPUTY GOVERNOR WAS CAUGHT SNATCHING BALLOT BOXES AND YET AGAGU WAS ANNOUNCED THE WINNIER, BUT STILL THE WORST IS YET TO COME IF WE ALL SIT BACK AND ACCEPT THIS FRAUD THEY CALLED ELECTION ALL IN THE NAME OF PEACE TO REIGN.

PEACE

AJEGUNLE FOR LIFE
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by angel101(f): 9:50am On May 27, 2007
@BigB1
unfortunately, thats what u get from a fraudulent process. double standards should not apply. y should we rally round yaradua and not his administration? at the end of the day, what's wrong is wrong and the result is what we are begining to see.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Time To Redraw Nigeria's Political Landscape / Amaechi Delivering Rivers State To Jonathan Causes Professors To Go On Strike / Yoruba Governor For Enugu In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.