Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,829 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:36 PM

Advice On How 2 Start A Travel Agency. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advice On How 2 Start A Travel Agency. (5273 Views)

Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized / What You Need To Start A Travel Agency In Nigeria / Help Suggest A Suitable Name For A Travel Agency! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On How 2 Start A Travel Agency. by Timi1990(m): 7:38am On Nov 25, 2010
Hello nairalanders, please i need any one with good advice on how to start a small travel agency. Am an undergraduate for now,bt will be leaving school soon. Pls i need your advice on how to set-up on a small scale, hav got some money at hand, laptops, and office equipments.
Pls need ur advice ugently. . .

1 Like

Re: Advice On How 2 Start A Travel Agency. by WAVixen: 6:59pm On Nov 25, 2010
First and most important, YOU must go for a ticketing and reservation course. This will help you understand the business better and not get ripped off by  employees. The training must include GDS, known as GLOBAL DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM. There are four; Amadueus, Galelio, Sabre and World span. These GDS will allow you view the availability of seats and make accurate reservations.
After the course, you will go for a 3 month IT with any  agency. You have two types of travel agencies. IATA approved and non IATA approved. The IATA office is Lagos.t costs about 30,000,000 million naria to be IATA approved. With the accreditation you get most ticket stock from airlines, with the non approved you have no ticket stock and have to get from an approved agency.
With a laptop and GDS system installed on your laptop with training you can start on your own. What most agencies and agents face are customers, with the internet most passengers are buying their tickets themselves. Once you have a good network you're good to go.
If you do decide to get an office, the location is very important, this cant be stressed enough.
Good luck.
Re: Advice On How 2 Start A Travel Agency. by unipol(m): 12:22am On Nov 28, 2010
WAVixen:

First and most importan, YOU must go for a ticketing and reservation course. This will help you understand the business better and not get ripped off by employees. The training must include GDS, known as GLOBAL DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM. There are four; Amadueus, Galelio, Sabre and World span. These GDS will allow you view the availability of seats and make accurate reservations.
After the course, you will go for a 3 month IT with any agency. You have two types of travel agencies. IATA approved and non IATA approved. The IATA office is Lagos.t costs about 30,000,000 million naria to be IATA approved. With the accreditation you get most ticket stock from airlines, with the non approved you have no ticket stock and have to get from an approved agency.
With a laptop and GDS system installed on your laptop with training you can start on your own. What most agencies and agents face are customers, with the internet most passengers are buying their tickets themselves. Once you have a good network you're good to go.
If you do decide to get an office, the location is very important, this cant be stressed enough.
Good luck.

very educative, keep it on.
Re: Advice On How 2 Start A Travel Agency. by Timi1990(m): 5:37pm On Nov 28, 2010
Pls do u have any idea of any institution in lagos that offer ticketing and reservation courses at affordable fee.
Re: Advice On How 2 Start A Travel Agency. by WAVixen: 5:38am On Nov 29, 2010
planet avation school, off adeniyi jones. sabre office is located there. you get the training free. pls dont look for cheap in training for the travel industry. look for the best.
Re: Advice On How 2 Start A Travel Agency. by lajid: 10:46pm On Oct 24, 2019
Timi1990:
Hello nairalanders, please i need any one with good advice on how to start a small travel agency. Am an undergraduate for now,bt will be leaving school soon. Pls i need your advice on how to set-up on a small scale, hav got some money at hand, laptops, and office equipments.
Pls need ur advice ugently. . .

hello sir, did you later start the travel agency.
Re: Advice On How 2 Start A Travel Agency. by Timi1990(m): 2:55am On Oct 25, 2019
lajid:

hello sir, did you later start the travel agency.

No
Re: Advice On How 2 Start A Travel Agency. by Falekeric2016(m): 5:58pm On Aug 18, 2022
why? so what are you doing now. i am actually a sabre agent in benin republic. you can still start if you want to i can direct you to someone who works in sabre nigeria where you can get the training for free and also the amadeus training if you still want to.
Re: Advice On How 2 Start A Travel Agency. by sabbiboi: 6:00pm On Dec 08, 2023
Falekeric2016:
why? so what are you doing now. i am actually a sabre agent in benin republic. you can still start if you want to i can direct you to someone who works in sabre nigeria where you can get the training for free and also the amadeus training if you still want to.

Hello, can I still get this offer, I’m interested in becoming a travel agent.
Re: Advice On How 2 Start A Travel Agency. by Impecca(m): 8:39am On Jan 18
Falekeric2016:
Please am interested, I stay in Abuja

(1) (Reply)

Traveling To Morocco From Nigeria Via Road Transport: How Do I Go About It? / Saudi To Deport 1,500 Nigerian Illegal Immigrants / How To Immigrate To Canada Within 6 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.