Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

Is It Better To Be Beautiful Or Smart? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Better To Be Beautiful Or Smart? (6967 Views)

Ladies, 8 Ways To Be Beautiful Without Makeup / Drop Photos:lets See Who's Got D Most Beautiful Or Handsome Partner On Nairaland / Beautiful Or Pretty Which Best Describes A Fine Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Better To Be Beautiful Or Smart? by mamaken: 8:54am On Nov 25, 2010
For a man it is enough if she breaths.

A Woman, no matter how bad she looks, will always have sex in abundance. Secretly, though: Men do not want to be seen around with an ugly woman. But in the darkness, all cats are gray, it is said. . .

A Woman, to be able to rely on a “public” relationship and then - finally - on a serious and lasting relationship, must be beautiful. The more she’s beautiful, the more the man falls in love.

A handsome man will always have sex in abundance, no matter how idiot he is. But secretly - Women do not want to be seen together with an idiot.

To rely on a lasting and serious relationship, a man must show sagacity and perhaps success. The more a man has of success, intelligence, character, charm, the more she falls in love.

~ so the man has to be handsome to get what he wants (the man wants to have sex in the first place)

~ so the woman has to be beautiful to get what she wants (she wants to be loved in the first place)

And the ugly men and women?
For the ugly men it is better to be successful.
For the ugly women it is better to be smart.
Sure, but what we collect, under these virtues? men LOVE[/color] and women SEX[color=#990000] - what you do not want - or want less.

. . . .ultimately it is better to be beautiful than to be smart?!?!
Re: Is It Better To Be Beautiful Or Smart? by Phate07(m): 9:31am On Nov 25, 2010

Intelligence is preferable anyday to beauty.
Re: Is It Better To Be Beautiful Or Smart? by DapoBear(m): 9:31am On Nov 25, 2010
Personally, I'd prefer to be an ugly genius over an idiotic handsome guy. Intelligence can be quite easily turned into wealth. Physical beauty on the other hand, it is a bit more difficult to turn this into wealth, imo (the modeling business doesn't pay that much money unless you are among the best of the best.)

Also, while women certainly value attractiveness in men, it is not enough to get the best women. Generally, the most desirable women in the world also value financial security, and a man who is materially successful (I'm not calling them golddiggers, but they don't want a guy who will be financial liability.)

Sorta see what I'm saying? Think about a guy like Jay Z, or Swizz Beatz. Jay is a fairly average looking dude, while Swizz is downright hideous. Yet both of them have extremely desirable women.

And honestly, ugliness can be quite easily made up for (assuming you aren't physically deformed.) An ugly guy can put in time in the gym, get a 6pack and chiseled physique. You'd be surprised, there are a lot of women who'd prefer an ugly guy with a phenomenal body to a handsome guy who is doughy and pudgy.
Re: Is It Better To Be Beautiful Or Smart? by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 25, 2010
^^^ well said.
Re: Is It Better To Be Beautiful Or Smart? by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 25, 2010
@post
i would prefer to remain single for the rest of my life rather than marrying or even dating either a dumb beautiful woman or a smart hideous one.
can you imagine having either one of them as the mother of your children?! oh lawd!!!!
Re: Is It Better To Be Beautiful Or Smart? by mamaken: 10:18am On Nov 25, 2010
Phate07:

Intelligence is preferable anyday to beauty.

i'm with you. Beauty fade away, intelligence last a life-long.
( better if u have both - but its rear )

DapoBear:

Personally, I'd prefer to be an ugly genius over an idiotic handsome guy. Intelligence can be quite easily turned into wealth. Physical beauty on the other hand, it is a bit more difficult to turn this into wealth, imo (the modeling business doesn't pay that much money unless you are among the best of the best.)

Also, while women certainly value attractiveness in men, it is not enough to get the best women. Generally, the most desirable women in the world also value financial security, and a man who is materially successful (I'm not calling them golddiggers, but they don't want a guy who will be financial liability.)

Sorta see what I'm saying? Think about a guy like Jay Z, or Swizz Beatz. Jay is a fairly average looking dude, while Swizz is downright hideous. Yet both of them have extremely desirable women.

And honestly, ugliness can be quite[b] easily made up [/b] for (assuming you aren't physically deformed.) An ugly guy can put in time in the gym, get a 6pack and chiseled physique. You'd be surprised, there are a lot of women who'd prefer an ugly guy with a phenomenal body to a handsome guy who is doughy and pudgy.

Good answer but i dont think its so easy to made up uglyness. it takes more than a 6pack for men and a well shaped body for a woman, to say u r good looking.

MRbrownJAY:

@post
i would prefer to remain single for the rest of my life rather than marrying or even dating either a dumb beautiful woman or a smart hideous one.
can you imagine having either one of them as the mother of your children?! oh lawd!!!!

i'm sure u'll find the woman who has to offer both beauty and intelligence. . .
i personally prefere to see the father of my children as average looking, intelligent and successful man.

We have not yet defined what ugly is. .
Re: Is It Better To Be Beautiful Or Smart? by DapoBear(m): 10:41am On Nov 25, 2010
mamaken:

Good answer but i dont think its so easy to made up uglyness. it takes more than a 6pack for men and a well shaped body for a woman, to say u r good looking.
True. But from what I've seen, a guy with a 6pack and a well-shaped body is going to get a lot more women than just a guy who is only handsome. I dunno if this is how women think in general, but it is pretty true of social settings I've observed.
Re: Is It Better To Be Beautiful Or Smart? by obowunmi(m): 10:46am On Nov 25, 2010
I want a beautiful woman --- I don't care how smart you are, if ure UGLY FUGLY or FAT, ure a NO-NO
Re: Is It Better To Be Beautiful Or Smart? by mamaken: 10:52am On Nov 25, 2010
obowunmi:

I want a beautiful woman --- I don't care how smart you are, if ure UGLY FUGLY or FAT, ure a NO-NO

the answer of a teenager. lemme guess, 15? 16?
Re: Is It Better To Be Beautiful Or Smart? by mamaken: 10:55am On Nov 25, 2010
DapoBear:

True. But from what I've seen, a guy with a 6pack and a well-shaped body is going to get a lot more women than just a guy who is only handsome. I dunno if this is how women think in general, but it is pretty true of social settings I've observed.

its reality.
anyway, i know its boring but, why people dont give importance to the "inner beauty".
( im ready for the insults. . . tongue )
Re: Is It Better To Be Beautiful Or Smart? by obowunmi(m): 10:55am On Nov 25, 2010
Response of a fat ugly bitter woman. No, I'm five.

I'm here answering the OP, and ure here rubbing all up on my dik.
Re: Is It Better To Be Beautiful Or Smart? by mamaken: 11:04am On Nov 25, 2010
obowunmi:

Response of a fat ugly bitter woman. No, I'm five.

I'm here answering the OP, and ure here rubbing all up on my dik.

tsss silly boy. . .
thats what i call a guy full of charm. . .  wink

i know the beautiful girls u bleep.  smiley offer them a lunch at mr. biggs and they will flock, u, ur brothers, unlces and cousins. . .

and now, please let adults speak on the topic

1 Like

Re: Is It Better To Be Beautiful Or Smart? by iice(f): 11:05am On Nov 25, 2010
To each his own. I'd rather be smart.
Am not attracted to pretty boys anyway.
Re: Is It Better To Be Beautiful Or Smart? by obowunmi(m): 11:10am On Nov 25, 2010
And why include my family in this conversation ? Ugly chick, can't take the heat and ure suppose to be the adult here.

I'm sure ure a very Fat UGLY woman. Inner beauty is always a reflection of the outside, I don't care to know what's on the inside if ure an intolerable ugly looking woman. One cannot deny that we live in an extremely visual society, hence the popularity of plastic surgeons.
Plus, the fact I like ur boobs and ass doesn't mean I like you (Mercy Johnson --- ugly looking type should take note).
Re: Is It Better To Be Beautiful Or Smart? by mamaken: 11:16am On Nov 25, 2010
just cool down, we r sharing opinions ( and offences )
i dont agree with what u write, cant i speak it out?

i'm fat and ugly, and inside i'm even worst. lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Better To Be Beautiful Or Smart? by tkb417(m): 11:16am On Nov 25, 2010
i will not like to have children with mettalic dunce capst fitted to their heads so my wife must be intelligent but not ugly like Iaybo OBJ
Re: Is It Better To Be Beautiful Or Smart? by obowunmi(m): 11:24am On Nov 25, 2010
Gender plays a huge role in this question. Ill say this:
Men look for beauty as visual beings

Women look for smartness --- I haven't met a woman who wants to marry a man that is a dunce. Its a huge turn off.
Re: Is It Better To Be Beautiful Or Smart? by mamaken: 11:27am On Nov 25, 2010
obowunmi:

Gender plays a huge role in this question. Ill say this:
Men look for beauty as visual beings

Women look for smartness --- I haven't met a woman who wants to marry a man that is a dunce. Its a huge turn off.

now u r talking like a man wink
Re: Is It Better To Be Beautiful Or Smart? by kay177(m): 11:29am On Nov 25, 2010
Beauty and Smartness are very important to me== But they can come in certain %== Not necessarily 100%,
Re: Is It Better To Be Beautiful Or Smart? by obowunmi(m): 11:30am On Nov 25, 2010
Mamaken r u trying to profess your love for me ?
Re: Is It Better To Be Beautiful Or Smart? by mamaken: 11:37am On Nov 25, 2010
i've a huge hearth and i LOVE everybody, even those i dont agree with. . .  smiley
didnt u feel my love for u even when u insulted me?  tongue
Re: Is It Better To Be Beautiful Or Smart? by mamaken: 11:38am On Nov 25, 2010
kay177:

Beauty and Smartness are very important to me== But they can come in certain %== Not necessarily 100%,

thats a good deal,
Re: Is It Better To Be Beautiful Or Smart? by iice(f): 11:41am On Nov 25, 2010
Women are also visual.  They just like to pretend to be demure and what not.
Re: Is It Better To Be Beautiful Or Smart? by Wislet(f): 11:43am On Nov 25, 2010
mamaken:

i've a huge hearth and i LOVE everybody, even those i dont agree with. . .  smiley
didnt u feel my love for u even when u insulted me?  tongue
Nairaland get ready for some wedding bells. Lol.
Re: Is It Better To Be Beautiful Or Smart? by mamaken: 11:43am On Nov 25, 2010
u r right iice, but i think women prefere to be on the safe site. so they will go for the less handsome but smart guy. . .
Re: Is It Better To Be Beautiful Or Smart? by jaybee3(m): 11:44am On Nov 25, 2010
A man needs to be smart to be able to cut it in life
A woman can afford to be dumb but beautiful as her chances of marrying a rich man is pretty high.
Re: Is It Better To Be Beautiful Or Smart? by iice(f): 11:45am On Nov 25, 2010
mamaken:

u r right iice, but i think women prefere to be on the safe site. so they will go for the less handsome but smart guy. . .

Or the less handsome but rich one grin grin
Re: Is It Better To Be Beautiful Or Smart? by mamaken: 11:47am On Nov 25, 2010
iice:

u got the better option. . . grin
Re: Is It Better To Be Beautiful Or Smart? by kay177(m): 11:49am On Nov 25, 2010
That is why am going to raise my bar for any lady coming to my life=== Am good looking, intelligent,  smart and I have the dough== can you tell me what category of girl match my xteristics grin smiley
Re: Is It Better To Be Beautiful Or Smart? by jaybee3(m): 11:50am On Nov 25, 2010
^^^
who goes around blowing own thrumpet?
Re: Is It Better To Be Beautiful Or Smart? by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 25, 2010
As for whether a man would prefer a beautiful bimbo or an intelligent ogre, it all depends on the motives. What the hell would any man need a 'professor missus' for if his sole motive is to tap some juicy bubblebut.t.s or suck on some voluptuous, pointy melons? In fact, the intelligence of the object of lust could be a massive turn off and could get in the way of one's randy pursuits,

On the other hand, if the motive is finding a long-term partner and companion for a meaningful relationship that is not primarily sexual, then of course character and intelligence would be valued more.

As with everything else, it all depends on the context. But it has to be said that an ugly woman is in greater need of intelligence, while an ugly guy, even if super-intelligent, had better be financially secure (unmonetized intelligence in men counts for nothing and is even scorned).
iice:

Re: Is It Better To Be Beautiful Or Smart? by kay177(m): 11:52am On Nov 25, 2010
jay bee:

^^^
who goes around blowing own thrumpet?

^^^^^^

Is Mr money £  wink wink wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Snatch Someone Else's Woman.. / Robot Prostitutes And Brothels Coming Soon!(photos) / Busty Nigerian Lady Leaves Men Drooling Over Her New Photos On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.