Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria (76045 Views)

Man City are the 5th club in English league football to win 3 titles in a row / Joshua Wants £40m To Allow Usyk Versus Fury Heavyweight Unification Bout / Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Onlytru: 8:46pm On Dec 09, 2019
Anthony Joshua ‘definitely’ wants to defend heavyweight titles in Nigeria after defeating Andy Ruiz

Anthony Joshua has confirmed he would “definitely love” to defend his heavyweight titles in Nigeria after defeating Andy Ruiz in their rematch.

The IBF, WBO and WBA champion recovered from a devastating upset in his first fight against the Mexican-American to reclaim the belts via a wide unanimous decision in Saudi Arabia.

Joshua, who is of Nigerian heritage, visited the country between the two fights and is keen to bring the first world heavyweight title fight to the continent since the ‘Rumble in the Jungle’ in 1974.

Promoter Eddie Hearn, has received numerous offers to stage Joshua’s next fight. However, with the Briton likely to be forced to face his mandatory challenger with the IBF, Kubrat Pulev, a London homecoming fight remains a more immediate probability.

“People had been telling me I should go back for ages. It was crazy because they don’t have 24-hour electricity but they still know me and support me,” Joshua said.

“I went to the ghettos of the ghettos where it’s not all about egos and beef, it’s about people who are hungry to survive.

“It was one of the best things I’ve done. Africa’s rooting for me for sure, so I would definitely love to fight out there.”

Joshua’s parents are both of Nigerian descent and he actually attempted to represent the country at the 2008 Olympics.

But in the meantime, he insisted he’s not taking his eyes off the present after the lessons learned in his first fight against Ruiz.

“Five months from now, the belts go in the air and I have to defend them again,” Joshua said.

“I am only the champion for months again, so I can’t get too caught up in the moment and have to stay focused on the task at hand, which is not staying undefeated any more, but staying champion for as long as possible.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/boxing/anthony-joshua-next-fight-opponent-date-venue-andy-ruiz-a9239101.html?amp

106 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Alphafeezay(m): 9:09pm On Dec 09, 2019
Keep winning bro!!

175 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 09, 2019
I know say na that fly Dem dey call cuppy na Im carry this crazy idea chook ur head. Shaa no blame village people if you collect knockout. undecided

237 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by TooNoisy(f): 9:25pm On Dec 09, 2019
Joshua, Joshua, Joshua!!! How many times did I call you?

Las las you will both fight in the dark because NEPA will surely take light and the flood lights will go off at the stadium!!!

198 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by aylive02(m): 9:25pm On Dec 09, 2019
Our very own pikin

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by SultanOfPuna: 9:25pm On Dec 09, 2019
The Way Mosquito Go Romance Una For Stadium That Day Ehnnn

158 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by SamOyovwi: 9:25pm On Dec 09, 2019
Good one

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by toyinjimoh(m): 9:25pm On Dec 09, 2019
Pls dont oo, we dont have the facilities to organise such event...Our goverment don scam us

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Trustme2(m): 9:25pm On Dec 09, 2019
Hmmmmm
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Btruth: 9:25pm On Dec 09, 2019
Come home bro.... No one will be able to defeat you on your fatherland.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by mikywonder(m): 9:25pm On Dec 09, 2019
U want den to beat u in ur father land

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by kingzjay(m): 9:25pm On Dec 09, 2019
I trust Nigerians.... That stadia will be filled to the brim

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by sweemy(m): 9:25pm On Dec 09, 2019
Yes sir
Home calling

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by JeffreyLiaison(m): 9:26pm On Dec 09, 2019
I luv dis guy. He's as strong as Samson.

17 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Lordjb: 9:26pm On Dec 09, 2019
Okay
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by sleeknaija(m): 9:26pm On Dec 09, 2019
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Coldie(m): 9:26pm On Dec 09, 2019
When Andy Ruiz who is Mexican American entered d ring he played the anthems of his 2countries.

But this guy British Nigerian only played the anthem of Britain. Me as a Nigerian to me that is an insult to our country

125 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by designking: 9:26pm On Dec 09, 2019
We love the nation more than our leaders.

We have leaders who are not passionate about this nation. They only care about enriching themselves and family.

Useless somebody calling themselves leaders

5 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by ddippset(m): 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2019
5 Fights I want to see in 2020.

1. Fury versus Wilder. (February)
2. Fury versus Joshua. (April)
3. Joshua versus Wilder. (June)
4. Fury versus Joshua Rematch. (September)
5. Joshua versus Wilder Rematch. (December)

And then we shall all live happily ever after!

107 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Iamvetlander(m): 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2019
My man... If only he could remember our last convo

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by mechanics(m): 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2019
We don't have the facilities to stage the fight.

7 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Hypnotise: 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2019
Champion
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by eluquenson(m): 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2019
Humility, but Nigeria hmm

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Hedonisco: 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2019
Mehn. If not for Nairaland I'll have been a zillionaire by now. It's so fucking addictive and distracting.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Orissodiq: 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2019
That's gonna be great if possible
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by arodavoo(m): 9:28pm On Dec 09, 2019
More win bro...where are those that said you won't win d fight.
Àwọn dá, kò yọ ju!!!

December is here, check my profile to learn importation from china, Turkey, Malaysia USA and UK

And also importation of Hair from India, Cambodia and Vietnam

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Sholaco: 9:28pm On Dec 09, 2019
undecided
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Manolo213: 9:28pm On Dec 09, 2019
AJ please don't come to Nigeria.......... remain in the UK, there's serious security challenge in this Shit hole.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by BlessedNuel: 9:28pm On Dec 09, 2019
Jo-- jo.... Your mama born you well..... You are the true son of your father...

Kindly bring back those goodies before em oyibo go swerve dem.

Meanwhile.... If you need Pure Original HOney... Kindly check out the post on my profile
Re: Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria by Kingpele(m): 9:28pm On Dec 09, 2019
Nice one AJ, it will help redeem some of our image as a nation

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Matiyasi FC, South African Club Banned For Life After Beating Opponent 59-1 / Javier Zanetti: Taribo West's Prayer Sessions Frustrated Us / Lionel Messi Touching His Wife's Backside At Nightclub

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.