Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In (76943 Views)

Andy Ruiz In New Shape For First Fight Since Anthony Joshua Loss (Photos) / Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) / Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by livebyday(m): 6:14am On Dec 10, 2019
Anthony Joshua has admitted that Islam has played a big role in his boxing career after beating Mexican-American opponent Andy Ruiz in Saudi Arabia.

Anthony Joshua reclaimed his belts after his victory over Andy Ruiz even though he had to win the fight via unanimous decision.

In June this year, Anthony Joshua was shocked in New York as he lost for the very first time in his career against Andy Ruiz.

The defeat propelled him for a rematch against Andy Ruiz which he won on Saturday night, December 7.

And after his victory over Andy Ruiz, a reporter went to Anthony Joshua to ask him how he feels winning back his titles in a Muslim nation.

The reporter reminded Anthony Joshua on how Muhammad Alli proclaimed his faith in Saudi Arabia after winning world tittle.

He then asked Anthony Joshua to speak on the role Islam has played in his life.

''A big role Islam has played in my life because my uncles went to Mecca and pray for me and if a Muslim comes to me and pray for me for blessings. I will respect the person,'' Anthony Josshua explained while answering the question.

Earlier, Legit.ng had reported how Abike Dabiri-Erewa, the chairman of the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NIDCOM), congratulated Nigerian-born British boxer, Anthony Joshua over his victory in Saturday’s World Heavyweight Boxing fight in Saudi Arabia.

Anthony defeated his opponent, Andy Ruiz Jr, on Saturday, December 7, to reclaim his World Heavyweight titles.

Reacting to Joshua's victory, Dabiri-Erewa, in a statement by NIDCOM head of media and public relations, Abdur-Rahman Balogun, in Abuja on Sunday, said it is a testimony to the fact that Nigerians are great people.

Source: https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/boxing/anthony-joshua-islam-religion-andy-ruiz-fight-a9238951.html

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by Nukilia: 6:19am On Dec 10, 2019
livebyday:
Reacting to Joshua's victory, Dabiri-Erewa, in a statement by NIDCOM head of media and public relations, Abdur-Rahman Balogun, in Abuja on Sunday, said it is a testimony to the fact that Nigerians are great people.

Nigerians are always great people in a foreign land lipsrsealed

98 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by Sikay19(m): 6:39am On Dec 10, 2019
cheesy Islam is a blessing. I am proud to be a muslim, Mansha Allah.

361 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by maynation(f): 7:04am On Dec 10, 2019
The headline is somewhat misleading.

335 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by maynation(f): 7:05am On Dec 10, 2019
Sikay19:
cheesy
Islam is a blessing. I am proud to be a muslim, Mansha Allah.

Lol.
We all were actually until we found Christ.

639 Likes 72 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by Sikay19(m): 8:41am On Dec 10, 2019
maynation:

Lol.
Please, maintain your belief. I do respect other people's belief and i will never condemn their respective choices of belief. Do the same by not dragging me into your inane illusion. You surely can do better than this, have a nice day.

321 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by TheFacelessMan: 10:14am On Dec 10, 2019
maynation:
The headline is somewhat misleading.

Not somewhat. VERY misleading.

The OP is very well known for derailing threads and selectively reporting neutral comments.

127 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by Danzakidakura(m): 10:55am On Dec 10, 2019
Sikay19:

Please, maintain your belief. I do respect other people's belief and i will never condemn their respective choices of belief. Do the same by not dragging me into your inane illusion. You surely can do better than this, have a nice day.
but the guy never said anything wrong, why calling his believe " insane illusion" its like you are bittered that he is in christ now ?

364 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by Sikay19(m): 11:19am On Dec 10, 2019
Danzakidakura:
but the guy never said anything wrong, why calling his believe " insane illusion" its like you are bittered that he is in christ now ?
You are free to practice any religion of your choice and of course you are entitled to your opinion. However, i reserves the opinion that coming to my mention to debase my own religion under my own comment is not only sensitive but sheer stupid of fanatical being like her.
You are just like her who couldn't discern the tone of fanatism in her comment.
Btw, i never said insane. And as far as i know there is difference between insane and inane.

213 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by Saheed9: 11:55am On Dec 10, 2019
Was actually expecting something else.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by Boyooosa(m): 11:55am On Dec 10, 2019
If I hear
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by itsme01: 11:55am On Dec 10, 2019
grin

some people wont like this at all

Yorubas are not extremist like some hypocrites, Anthony Joshua has both muslim and christians in his family and they both pray for his success

If you claim to serve your God and enjoy your religion then you have no reason belittling other peoples religion, people who try to talk down other peoples religion are just insecured and scared so they want everyone to share their religion and veiws

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by Mpcoll001: 11:56am On Dec 10, 2019
Great skills by the champion... smiley

Check my siggy and threads for latest bespoke male clothings
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by seunmohmoh(f): 11:56am On Dec 10, 2019
Nice.
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by saajus: 11:57am On Dec 10, 2019
Respect him
maynation:

Lol.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by careytommy37(m): 11:57am On Dec 10, 2019
[quote][/quote]
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 10, 2019
Joshua: "First of all I want to thank God, I say Allhamdudilahi" ...

Joshua Sister: Thank God with book of Psalms..

These people don't take religion too seriously.. They just enjoy what it has to offer..

But in Naija, Etinosa is proving what she will never understand... undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by maynation(f): 11:58am On Dec 10, 2019
saajus:
Respect him

Did I not??

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 10, 2019
Many people will start “de-liking” him now

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by Pavore9: 11:58am On Dec 10, 2019
He then asked Anthony Joshua to speak on the role Islam has played in his life.

''A big role Islam has played in my life because my uncles went to Mecca and pray for me and if a Muslim comes to me and pray for me for blessings. I will respect the person,'' Anthony Josshua explained while answering the question
......A proof that though not being Muslim, he respects the faith of others.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:58am On Dec 10, 2019
grin grin

I can see yelobam moozelems masturbating on this thread.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by paradigmshift(m): 11:58am On Dec 10, 2019
u dn dey talk anyhow....
wey u dy run inside ring lmao.....
islam ko sango ni

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by VanSARS: 11:59am On Dec 10, 2019
Saheed9:
Was actually expecting something else.
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by PataAlhaja(m): 12:00pm On Dec 10, 2019
[s]
maynation:

Lol.
[/s]

You are a big fool!

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In by Dobson43: 12:00pm On Dec 10, 2019
Bloggers and misleading titles.

You guys will not make heaven.

Everything just for clickbait

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Let's Make 10k/100k With #500/5k Within 10 Days With Sport Betting / Nigeria Vs Benin: AFCON 2021 Qualifier (2 - 1) Full Time / Barcelona Squad Left Their Dressing Room Dirty After CL Win (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.