Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

If Muslim Nations Are World's Super Power? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Muslim Nations Are World's Super Power? (6766 Views)

Saudi Arabia Forms Alliance Of 34 Muslim Nations To Fight ISIS / Which Nations Are The Real Dwellers Of Heaven? / Why Is It That Most Religious Nations Are usually D Poorest & Backward Nations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Muslim Nations Are World's Super Power? by daylae(m): 10:00am On Nov 26, 2010
What if the likes of iran,yemen,pakistan,libya,and palestinian are the most powerfull nations on earth? Won't they force islam on the world? What will be the faith of christians and jewish isreal? Maybe isreal would have been rubed-off the face of the earth by now? What would happen to unbelievers who muslims believes are imbeciles? To them,unbelievers are "the expendables." They would be killed at every glimpse;cus,to them, killing  ubelievers is a sure green card to al- jannah?

Islam would have been shoved right into our throat,cus muslims don't bevieve faith is by free-will. Oh no! Talk about sharia laws. That would have been our constitution in nigeria. And the north,our mecca. Terrorism would have been the major subject taught in schools. And education, a far-dream for our girls.

Thank God the reverse is the case!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Muslim Nations Are World's Super Power? by Rhino4dm: 12:10pm On Nov 26, 2010
No one has equal the record of atrocities commited by christain.
What about the direct order from yehwah to invade, plunder innocent life? Havent you notice the reverse presently? Take a look at iraq and afghanistan for example the 'christain super power nations are overtly pursueing a crusade and forcefully converting them to christianity and diabolically creates a virtual threat .

Lets not go to hiroshima and atomic bomb saga.

He who that asserts must prove it. Present your facts lets examine them. i will suggest you start quoting from both holy books grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: If Muslim Nations Are World's Super Power? by Rhino4dm: 12:17pm On Nov 26, 2010
No one has equal the record of atrocities commited by christain.
What about the direct order from yehwah to invade, plunder innocent life? Havent you notice the reverse presently? Take a look at iraq and afghanistan for example the 'christain super power nations are overtly pursueing a crusade and forcefully converting them to christianity and diabolically creates a virtual threat .

Lets not go to hiroshima and atomic bomb saga.

He who that asserts must prove it. Present your facts lets examine them. i will suggest you start quoting from both holy books grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: If Muslim Nations Are World's Super Power? by daylae(m): 2:15pm On Nov 26, 2010
Rhino,the facts are so vivid for even a blind man to see. I know you'er just being defensive. Don't know what you mean by "direct order from yaweh to invade and plunder life?" And that was actually direct.

I don't know when christianity is being forced on the iraqis and other arabs. Instead is the other way round. Maybe you got that from al-jazeera?

Last time i checked on history book,hiroshima a-bombing was an answer to peal habour. Don't even see how the world war was directed to muslims. Christians and jews bore the brunt more than anyone. Neither was the world war for christian crusaders.

Everyone know how eager muslims want to force sharia on non muslims. And we also know how shool of terror are recruiting,training young terrorist in camps. We know how muslim have no regard for the life of "imbeciles." And we also know the hell christians are going through in muslims countries,while goverment in other country protect and assure their safety and intrest.
We know muslims believe women are slave that need no right to education,or to be heard in public.

And we know how the nothern mephistophelian are ravaging nigeria with their wholesome barbaric acts.

God knows what is doing,subduing muslims and their influence everywhere.
Re: If Muslim Nations Are World's Super Power? by PastorAIO: 4:29pm On Nov 26, 2010
What are the historical precedents? There has been islamic empires before in the past. For example the islamic persian empire that came to it's peak during the reign of Haroun Al Rashid.

Hārūn al-Rashīd (Arabic: هارون الرشيد‎; properly spelled Harun ar-Rashid; English: Aaron the Upright, Aaron the Just, or Aaron the Rightly Guided) (17 March 763 or February 766 – 24 March 809) was the fifth and most famous Abbasid Caliph in Iraq. He was born in Rayy in Iran, close to modern Tehran. His birthday remains a point of discussion though, as various sources give the dates from 763 to 766).
He ruled from 786 to 809, and his time was marked by scientific, cultural and religious prosperity. Art and music also flourished significantly during his reign. He established the library Bayt al-Hikma ("House of Wisdom"wink.[citation needed]

And there was also the Ottoman Empires. Were they any more vicious than the christian empires? Were there not golden ages that are known till today high points in the history of human civilization?
The modern spirit of scientific and philosophic enquiry that spur the renaissance in Europe, where did it come from? Did it not come from the Arabs? Was it not the arabs that passed on Greek learning to europe with the arts of writing, mathematics, engineering etc?

When the Islam empire occupied Europe was it not a high point of Religious tolerance in Europe? When did the persecution of the Jews and the religious Inquisitions in Spain start? Was it not after the Moslems had left?
Moslem spain was called Al-Andalus. Today we say Andalusia. Here is what Wiki has to say about it:
Andalusian philosophy
See also: Early Islamic philosophy

Averroes, founder of the Averroism school of philosophy, was influential in the rise of secular thought in Western Europe.
The historian Said Al-Andalusi wrote that Caliph Abd-ar-Rahman III had collected libraries of books and granted patronage to scholars of medicine and "ancient sciences". Later, al-Mustansir (Al-Hakam II) went yet further, building a university and libraries in Córdoba. Córdoba became one of the world's leading centres of medicine and philosophical debate.

The Andalusian philosopher Averroes (1126–1198) is considered the father of secular thought in Europe and possibly the most important among them. He was the founder of the Averroism school of philosophy, and his works and commentaries had an impact on the rise of secular thought in Western Europe.[42]

Main article: Golden age of Jewish culture in Spain
With the relative tolerance of al-Andalus and the decline of the previous centre of Jewish thought in Babylonia, al-Andalus became the centre of Jewish intellectual endeavours. Poets and commentators like Judah Halevi (1086–1145) and Dunash ben Labrat (920–990) contributed to the cultural life of al-Andalus, but the area was even more important to the development of Jewish philosophy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Andalus#Culture

I think that you'll find that historically islam has been a lot more tolerant than christianity. However the spread of religious hatred that we are witnessing today is due to some other forces rather than something that is intrinsic to islam. I believe that it is more politics than religion. Religion is just a tool that is being used to deal with a political reality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Muslim Nations Are World's Super Power? by Rhino4dm: 4:50pm On Nov 26, 2010
^^well said pastor AIO!
Now the naive OP will learn to clear his log first.
His religion has cause and still causing more havoc to humanity. I dont want to open roman catholic church chapter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Muslim Nations Are World's Super Power? by UyiIredia(m): 5:12pm On Nov 26, 2010
posting inter medias res is definitely a foolish thing to do >>> and I would have made a faux pas were it not for Pastor AIO's post

@ Pastor AIO >>> I agree >>> An Islamic regime wouldn't automatically mean religious intolerance >>> Saladin, the great ruler, was a benign ruler >>> a notable example of the fact that an Islamic autocracy can even foster better inter-religious relations >>> and as you were sharp to notice >>> the violence in Islamic democracies at present is more of politics than religion

2 Likes

Re: If Muslim Nations Are World's Super Power? by daylae(m): 7:14pm On Nov 26, 2010
@pastor AIO: couldn't agree more to most of your post;but on the contrary to what you said about an-andalus; they took most parts of spain,submitting people to islam against their wish,and intended to turn spain into an islamic nation. But they were later conquerd by king ferdinand.

The ottoman empire is no different. They took part of europe,and enforced islam to most of europe and north africa. Don't forget that there were other formidable empires and kingdom that were powerful enough to challenge them. And that's why the attempt wasn't a success.

@rhino: the only naive fellow is you. You waited for a bail-out before running back to spew your junk- words? What about the roman catholic? I guess you wanted to say the catholic are going about,shoving christianity on muslims' throat,and promoting some maniac laws like sharia?

@uredia:talking about sa'laadin;aven't history thought you the fact that he took jerusalem by force,and made it an islamic city,whereby mosques were built,and submitting people to islam and islamic laws by force,before jerusalem was taken back by the jews,backed by the romans?

The facts i posted up there are real. We cannot shy away from it. If you don't agree with it,then prove the contrary to each claims. I believe you can compare what a muslim in the UK is going through from a christian in iran? I assure you i have no bias intensions. Its just the reality.
Re: If Muslim Nations Are World's Super Power? by UyiIredia(m): 7:41pm On Nov 26, 2010
@ daylae >>> that's true >>> however >>> you should understand that not all elements of his state would have been under his direct control >>> the maltreatment of Christians was inevitable but he put in place laws to cushion them >>> i am inclined to treat your question as a political one than a religious one >>> both christians, muslims and pagans are guilty of religious intolerance
Re: If Muslim Nations Are World's Super Power? by Rhino4dm: 8:05pm On Nov 26, 2010
@daylae.
The only retard am seeing here is you. A fanatical junkie that couldnt see for himself.
The era of hiding under love in disguise is over. I make it very clear in my first post and call you out on the atrocities of christains to balance the reality. You reply with fanatical preconcieve idea and went ahead and shove it away. this is was what you get when you allow illitrates to think for you.

Do you need a rocket scientist to tell you that slave trade was one of heinous crime commited against humanity and forcefully conversion of our fore fathers in to christianity by the so called missionaries. I know your indoctrination will not allow you to use your brain. The first ship that delievers our fathers as slaves was code named 'jesus'.

Read my first post cretins. Bail out my arrsss!
Re: If Muslim Nations Are World's Super Power? by daylae(m): 8:58pm On Nov 26, 2010
@uri iredia: maybe because we can't honestly seperate religion from politics,and vice versa;cus the orignal type of goverment was theocracy. But we shouldn't use one as an excuse against the other. Are you saying that the barbaric act of killing a teacher because she collected a quran from a student before an exam is political? I don't think so.

@rhino:your fatuity is so daunting. Please stop the gibberish. I don't know of your fore-dads who were force into christianity. Am sorry. Christianity is by freewill. And even your fore-dads had a choice. And they were not executed for paying dues to their gods. Even most of african traditions and religion still strive today ammong europeans,for those who want to practice. Even though i don't support slavery,it has nothing to do with christian crusades. Don't bring the slave era into this,cus it was purely for economic gains. It has nothing to do with forceful religion promugations. I'll advice you bring your brain out of your back pocket. And stop this delusions.
Re: If Muslim Nations Are World's Super Power? by Rhino4dm: 9:38pm On Nov 26, 2010
Are you trying to re-write the history or what.

Did criantsain missionary forcefully convert people or not?

Did christain super power started WW1 and WW2 or not.?

Was hitler a christain or not? (killing 6 million Jews in the name of his God)

Did moses and the gang invade and pluder other nations under the directive of yehwah or not?

Was slavery done by christain super power or not under the guidiance of OT or not?

What about burning of witches by christain?

If it done by muslims is thier religion but when is done by christains it must political abi? Plain dumb.

Answer those questions when you retrieve your brain or when you have successful brain transplant. Dolo kawai!
Re: If Muslim Nations Are World's Super Power? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Nov 26, 2010
@daylae,
Islam does not prohibit females from getting educated. Infact it is mandatory for them to be educated according to Islamic law.
Mandatory.
And don't believe everything you watch on TV about how muslims are terrorists and what not. A lot of such news is just propaganda, e.g. The shoe bomber farce. The falsity of that story is so obvious, but people let their hatred for muslims block their reasoning and ability to know that.
Re: If Muslim Nations Are World's Super Power? by PastorAIO: 9:35am On Nov 27, 2010
daylae:

@uri iredia: maybe because we can't honestly seperate religion from politics,and vice versa;cus the orignal type of goverment was theocracy. But we shouldn't use one as an excuse against the other. Are you saying that the barbaric act of killing a teacher because she collected a quran from a student before an exam is political? I don't think so.

Please sir, the bolded part, do you have any references for that. Which was the first government in human history and how was it theocratic.
Re: If Muslim Nations Are World's Super Power? by vedaxcool(m): 10:47am On Nov 27, 2010
@Daylae, you entire thread is based on suppositions, what if's rather than any sensible or valid evidence, what if the Christian fundamentalist over run America, what do you think will happen to religious freedom in America. But being the smartest? Cookie in your Class, you assume that What if cannot be turned around and inserted in your case not no where in the Bible would you read there is no compulsion in religion yet this verse is in the Qur'an. Note right from the inception of Islam Christians and Jews and even Idol worshipers have been in our mist, yet compared to Christianity in Europe there was not any other religious entity besides Christians and Jews, even the Jews were facing severe repression for killing the Christian god -Jesus, Pls do some reading.
Re: If Muslim Nations Are World's Super Power? by daylae(m): 1:35pm On Nov 27, 2010
@rhino: i guess to you,the two WW's was about religion, and relgion intolerance? And hitler, a christian,acting as God directed?  
Dumber man!

I also understand christianity was shoved into people's throat in your village? Was it not the missionaries that put an end to various dastard acts: like killing of twins,and human sacrifice for some dumb, illitrate gods your fore-dads worshiped? Maybe yourself would have been given to those gods as after-meal bonus.

And your fallacious idea that catholism is the genesis of christianity is a quack. In retrospect to those previous comments, the early churches started by the early christians had nothing to do with the catholic? The catholic church was later started by the romans,and was the most influecial then. Christianity is centered to christ,and not the catholic church.  

The practice of burning people believed to be withches,or practicing hersay was later stoped when the medieval christian age understood better, that people like that can be excorcised. But i know muslims can stone someone to death today,just by touching the quran with a left hand;and by drawing a picture of mohamed using a public convinience. Measure the balance of barbarism. You egg-head!    

@fellis: i understand muslims are begining to realise western education shouldn't be considered unislamic. But the boko haram don't still agree to that. I also understand die-hard muslims now send their girls to school. Thanks to the fervent sensitization and encouragements of the government. But you just must agree with me there's more to be done,especially in the north.

About the london shoe  bomber,i understand. But that's one out of a milling stance. Don't be awed when you hear of another dec 25 terror attempt this year.
Tell the families of victims of the london underground bombing;and the sept 11 attack, that the events was just as good as a mere propaganda. I know you wouldn't.
Re: If Muslim Nations Are World's Super Power? by daylae(m): 2:37pm On Nov 27, 2010
@pastor AIO: some might believe this to be a myth;but theocracy was the first and the original type of goverment,even since the time of the first humans. No king or leader was ordained by the people,only by  God. And the kings were believed to be his mouth-piece. Take the case of the isreal. Even the egytians,greeks,and romans believed in some deity(gods) as   their original ruler. And no king or ruler were appointed without consulting the gods. And a king or ruler can also be removed by the pronouncememts of the gods.

Also in africa,kings and rulers are appointed,consenting to the choice of their ancestral gods. In africa,kings are believe to be representatives of the gods,even till date. All these are conforming to this fact. But i do welcome your contrary view.

@vadaxcool: forgive my "what ifs and maybes ." I was just being careful not to be too conclusive. And thats why my op were all in question forms,so you can argue the contrary. But what i don't understand is why you're burning like a furnace;cus you said it yourself that they were inconclusive?

When you're saying muslims are more tolerant, could not but think you're so oblivious of things happening around you. Well,i'll rather conclude you're just being defensive,which is understandable. Your eyes will be clouded from seeing these facts when you're still within. But, i bet,those looking from a distance wouldn't say the same thing. Unless  they are just trying to maintain the fragile peace.    

Even in
Re: If Muslim Nations Are World's Super Power? by vedaxcool(m): 5:49pm On Nov 27, 2010
^^^
Usually one should never make an Ignorant man feel wise else he will lit the furnace of his Ignorance at every corner possible.
Re: If Muslim Nations Are World's Super Power? by PastorAIO: 6:35pm On Nov 27, 2010
@Daylae. I think you miss the point. it is not being islamic that makes a nation dominating the world to be feared. There have been islamic empires and they were extremely accommodating to other religions. So if someone is blowing himself up in a terrorist attack there has got to be others factors that causing it.
Re: If Muslim Nations Are World's Super Power? by vedaxcool(m): 6:40pm On Nov 27, 2010
^6^
wise talk but he-daylae- can not think a far.
Re: If Muslim Nations Are World's Super Power? by LagosShia: 7:37pm On Nov 27, 2010
first,let us ask ourselves if the present-day super powers are christian countries.i dont agree.for example all those countries are promoters and exporters of homosexuality and prostitution.
I know this 2010 and the pope has long being tamed in the vatican city with no powers,and to prevent more inquisitions.europe has long dumped christianity and all its paganism and superstitions.

Talking about what would happen if a muslim country is world power and all the bias accusations is christian right wing stupidity.islam ruled the largest empire in the history of humanity.i have not heard of an instance where anyone was forced to become muslim as an islamic injunction.our present world today is a good example for us to judge.europeans are dumping the remnant of christianity in europe and becoming muslims en masse.islam is the fastest growing religion in europe.you just need to view the thread i started about a german priest who burnt himself to death to protest the spread of islam in germany.is that also the work of the sword?better find another lie.the vast majority of land where islam reigns supreme never in its history witness an arab-muslim army on those lands.why keep on spreading such defamation against islam? The more you do the more islam gains strength.even in lands that arab armies were present,up to this day you still find christians.take egypt and lebanon as good examples.if the arabs used the sword to force people into islam,i wonder how any christian could have remained there.the Quran is the only holy book that says clearly and plainly:there is no compulsion in belief.all the wars fought by muslims and are mentioned in the Quran are defensive.the unbelievers everywhere are alike.they all saw islam as the threat and they all rush to attack it in all possible ways.the Quran clearly warn muslims:do not be aggressive (offenders) for Allah detest aggressors.

Now see the reverse.with all the invasions of muslim countries and the pouring in of missionaries and their tricks to convert muslims,the result is an utter failure.

Another point is because northerners may be the least educated in nigeria by no means translate that islam discourages education.islam tells us from its onset in arabia that we should seek knowledge even if it be from china.the Prophet famously said:the ink of the scholar is holier than the blood of the matyr!!!
Re: If Muslim Nations Are World's Super Power? by daylae(m): 2:59pm On Nov 28, 2010
^^such porous claims. And which islamic empire was the "world's largest empire?" Maybe in jupiter?

The problem with muslims is that,to them,all non- muslims are pegans. Am not surprised you said most of the so-called world power are pegans.

And talking about ponography,you really need to be carefull,cus we have those that call themselves die-hard muslims and christians alike, falling victim to such indecency. Only individuals can honestly tell for himself. We have running ponography companies operating in islamic countries too. And those northern politicians clarmouring for sharia laws are mostly guilty of immoral expenditions.

When you say "islam is the fastest growing religion," i doubt we both have the same understanding of such statement. Indonesia is the country that's with the highest number of muslims in the world;and one of the country that's mostly enjoying the influx of churches and christians. I'll be dissapointed if you're considering india in this respect,cus we know that muslims are by far the minority. And you don't say because north africans and other arabs,migrating to some european countries and  the U.S.  are being received with open arms,because of the librality of such states,now imply that islam is spreading in the west. Islam is not spreadind;only tha t muslims are moving to the west more than before. And most of them pleaded for such grants,while others,through illegal migration: Spain is one of such european countries having this problem. Most of the north africans are illegal imigrants.

And just so you know that almost  40% of the world's population are christians,while muslims,hindus,buddhist,and others share the remaining percentage.
Re: If Muslim Nations Are World's Super Power? by vedaxcool(m): 5:05pm On Nov 28, 2010
@Lagosshia, didn't I warn about making an Ignorant man feel wise?
Re: If Muslim Nations Are World's Super Power? by daylae(m): 8:54pm On Nov 28, 2010
^^ don't put sentiment before  right thinking. U just had to gulped all he said to show solidarity? Am sure if you give your brain a chance,you might just realise his false claims.
Re: If Muslim Nations Are World's Super Power? by daylae(m): 12:12pm On Nov 29, 2010
@pastor AIO: i don't know if you now agree that politics and relegion cannot be far-seperated even though their union is the cause of so many problems in the world today. They both have great influence on each other. Some countries today have try their best in making their government independent of religion influences;but the influence is still obvious;and this union is very fuse in islamic countries.In many islamic countries, their spiritual leaders are also very likely to be their political leaders. Take the case of iran,and other shiite muslim state for example:  "ayatollah" is a prominent religious leader in iran,who also have great influence in  making decision in the government. And in saudi arabia,the king is also known as a islamic religious leader. And that's why is so easy to infuse islamic laws into the constitution of such states. Iran is even known to be an "islamic republic."

Also in nigeria, the emirs and sultans are regarded as spiritual leaders in the north,and in nigeria as a whole. Most people have to wait for the sultan to announce the sighting of the moon for the month of ramadan.

If you're saying that the so many not-humane acts being practice by some muslims are rather politically induced,and have nothing to do with religion,i don't really think so. To say that,in this case,its sure contradiction.
Re: If Muslim Nations Are World's Super Power? by PastorAIO: 1:48pm On Nov 29, 2010
daylae:

@pastor AIO: i don't know if you now agree that politics and relegion cannot be far-seperated even though their union is the cause of so many problems in the world today. They both have great influence on each other. Some countries today have try their best in making their government independent of religion influences;but the influence is still obvious;and this union is very fuse in islamic countries.In many islamic countries, their spiritual leaders are also very likely to be their political leaders. Take the case of iran,and other shiite muslim state for example:  "ayatollah" is a prominent religious leader in iran,who also have great influence in  making decision in the government. And in saudi arabia,the king is also known as a islamic religious leader. And that's why is so easy to infuse islamic laws into the constitution of such states. Iran is even known to be an "islamic republic."

Also in nigeria, the emirs and sultans are regarded as spiritual leaders in the north,and in nigeria as a whole. Most people have to wait for the sultan to announce the sighting of the moon for the month of ramadan.

If you're saying that the so many not-humane acts being practice by some muslims are rather politically induced,and have nothing to do with religion,i don't really think so. To say that,in this case,its sure contradiction.  

So if religion is an influence on islamic governments and there have been islamic empires in the past that were very accommodating to both christianity and Judaism it follows that Islam is a very accommodating religion. If you think otherwise then please explain to me why Jews flourished so much in Moslem Spain.
Re: If Muslim Nations Are World's Super Power? by KunleOshob(m): 2:14pm On Nov 29, 2010
@pastorAIO
^^^
And how did spain become "moslem"? Was it not through islamic jihad in the 7th to 8th century? It is also on record that the crusaders were a christian response to Jihadist threat when muslims were trying to forcibly force Islam into europe after capturing spain.
Re: If Muslim Nations Are World's Super Power? by firebrand: 3:10pm On Nov 29, 2010
@poster,
Its like saying if wishes were horses beggars might ride. Or another saying that "if a slave becomes a king, there would remain nobody in the city".

In fairness, there will be no more terrorism, the altimate goal of the terrorists is to enthrone Islam. Once achieved there will be peace because they would have muscled up other religions. Vatican city would have been destoyed, Jerusalem would be occupied by Ahmedjadeen, all Obas will become Emirs, English kingdom will bocome emirate, Bhudda and Hindus temples destroyed, Churches converted to mosques, Brazillian carnivals banned, No more female football.

More amputees everywhere, more masqurades, banning of western education, and so one so forth.
Re: If Muslim Nations Are World's Super Power? by PastorAIO: 3:31pm On Nov 29, 2010
KunleOshob:

@pastorAIO
^^^
And how did spain become "moslem"? Was it not through islamic jihad in the 7th to 8th century? It is also on record that the crusaders were a christian response to Jihadist threat when muslims were trying to forcibly force Islam into europe after capturing spain.

Hi Kunle, thanks for your questions. They deal with a very interesting part of european history. Although this thread is actually about what things would be like if Islam was a super power, not how it goes about becoming a super power which, as far as I know, is usually done by military conquest.

However when we study the invasion of Spain by the moslem moors modern archaeological evidence shows that there was actually little signs of violence invasion. The Catholics went about distorting the history after the Moors had been driven out.
For example the Visigothic City of Recopolis which was the 'capital' of Spain at the time was in decline and the Moorish invaders were welcomed with open arms. Archaeological evidence shows that it was not a violent takeover.
The expulsion of the moors was violent though, and after they were expelled the catholics went about destroying all their literature and arts and distorting the history for propaganda purposes. Interestingly there were certain things that the catholics could not bring themselves to destroy because they were so spellbound by the beauty. For instance, the Al Hambra palace.

I don't know if it will be possible for you to stream some interesting videos from nigeria but here is a good one by historian Bettany Hughes called 'When the Moors Ruled Europe'.

http://www.archive.org/details/WhenTheMoorsRuledInEurope

In case you have difficulty downloading it you can also find it in parts here:
http://www./video/x31l8t_when-the-moors-ruled-in-europe_politics
That is part one, and . .
http://www./video/xcg6o9_when-the-moors-ruled-in-europe-3-3_shortfilms
this is part 2.

There is no doubt that there was expansionism and empire building invasions by the arabs. But the crux of this argument is that it is possible for an islamic empire to produce some of the highest cultural achievements of human history. In fact they have done so already in many place all over the world.

The question is what is it that they had that allowed them to do so. What is it that every great civilization in human history has had? I wonder if any one has any ideas, before I make my suggestion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Muslim Nations Are World's Super Power? by daylae(m): 3:32pm On Nov 29, 2010
@kunle:spain was later librated by king ferdinand and the romans. The moslems were defeated. But the influx of north africans and other arabs into spain today,both legally or ilegally is now yielding various terrorist acts. For example is the madrid bombing.

Pastor AIO: i don't know which islamic empire you're talking about now;cus it is evident that al-anlalus took spain through jihad,and ottoman empire spread into europe through jihad before they were defeated.
In christianity,forcing people to accept faith is believed not to be valid. But,rather,in islam,it is by force.
Re: If Muslim Nations Are World's Super Power? by PastorAIO: 7:13pm On Nov 29, 2010
daylae:

@kunle:spain was later librated by king ferdinand and the romans. The moslems were defeated. But the influx of north africans and other arabs into spain today,both legally or ilegally[b] is now yielding various terrorist acts[/b]. For example is the madrid bombing.

Pastor AIO: i don't know which islamic empire you're talking about now;cus it is evident that al-anlalus took spain through jihad,and ottoman empire spread into europe through jihad before they were defeated.
In christianity,forcing people to accept faith is believed not to be valid. But,rather,in islam,it is by force. 

This guy, can you not see me posting links to buttress the things I say.  Have you checked any of the links I posted.  Please check them and address them.  and Meanwhile when you make statements like the above, you too, try to be giving us references or posting links so that we can check up on what you're talking about.  This is the way intelligent people do it.

Now as regards muslims introducing terrorism to Spain I take it that you have not heard of ETA.  Please read this and check the link:
ETA or Euskadi Ta Askatasuna, (English: Basque Homeland and Freedom; pronounced [ˈeta]), is an armed Basque nationalist and separatist organisation. The group was founded in 1959 and has since evolved from a group promoting traditional Basque culture to a paramilitary group with the goal of gaining independence for the Greater Basque Country from a Marxist-Leninist perspective.[3][4] ETA is the main organisation of the Basque National Liberation Movement and is the most important participant in the Basque Conflict.

ETA performed their first car bomb assassination in Madrid in September 1985, resulting in one death (American citizen Eugene Kent Brown, Johnson & Johnson employee) and sixteen injuries; another bomb in July 1986 killed twelve members of the Guardia Civil and injured 50; on June 19, 1987, the Hipercor bombing was an attack in a shopping center in Barcelona, killing twenty-one and injuring forty-five; in the last case, entire families were killed. The horror caused then was so striking that ETA felt compelled to issue a communiqué stating that they had given advance warning of the Hipercor bomb, but that the police had declined to evacuate the area. The police claim that the warning came only a few minutes before the bomb exploded.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ETA

Spain is well acquainted with terrorism from within it's borders. 

As for your second point, I have already said that there is no Empire in the entirety of history that was not established by invasion.  Maybe I misunderstand what this thread is about.  I was under the illusion that this thread was about what would happen if muslim nations became world super Powers.  I didn't know you were talking about how they become world super powers.  Nobody becomes a world super power without invasion. 

as regards forcing people to accept faith, the ridiculous fact is that at first the Arab invaders were reluctant to convert the peoples they conquered to islam.  Why?  Because under islamic empire there were 2 tax rates.  One for fellow muslims and a much higher one for non-muslims.  The result was a perversion of the islamic cause.  If they wanted to get as much as possible from the peoples they conquered through taxation then it was better if the peoples were not converts to islam. 
Of course this system created an economic incentive for their subjects to want to become muslim.  So the conquerors accepted their subjects conversions very grudgingly. 

Now let's move to Andalucia.  The Visigoths were in a state of disarray.  There was famine and these were people who did not know how to irrigate their land and they could see that the muslims had knowledge of how to make the land more productive.  That was one of the reasons they invited them.  Also there were many civil wars and they were also under attack from the Latins ( the romans!)  so when the Muslims came the people welcomed them with open arms.  Of course there were some battles but mostly the arabs just breezed through and the people signed protectorate treaties with them.  Basically giving them their land if they would protect them from the Latins and from themselves.  this is historical fact!!

Toledo, though, was itself the scene of so many feuds between rival Visigoth nobles and clergy that when the Muslims crossed the Straits of Gibraltar in 711, they didn’t encounter many problems in defeating the city on their march through Spain.
http://www.spanish-fiestas.com/history/visigoths.htm

By 700AD, the Visigothic kingdom was disintegrating totally and with Toledo, its main city, being ravished by famine, disease and internal disputes, the scenario was perfect for the Muslim invasion which ensued.

By 711, the Arabs and Berbers had converted to the Islamic religion which was dominating the rest of northern Africa. A speculative raiding party of 10,000 soldiers, led by Tariq ibn-Ziyad, crossed the Straits of Gibraltar and defeated the Visigothic army of King Roderic at the Battle of Guadalete.

The forces here were swiftly followed by reinforcements so that, within 7 years, the Muslim conquerors, who came to be known as The Moors, were in control of most of the peninsula – a situation that was to remain more or less intact for the next 400 years – but , in some parts, for the next 700.

The Muslims, though, left a lasting legacy for Spain – they did not simply occupy the country; as Washington Irving wrote in his ‘Tales of the Alhambra’, they were not’ invaders and usurpers’ but ‘rediscoverers of the Greek reservoir of knowledge’ and helped plant the roots of the European Renaissance. Obviously the great palaces, castle and mosques of Moorish times are amongst Spain’s greatest tourist attractions – and rightly so – but also, pomegranates, oranges, lemons, aubergines, artichokes, cumin, coriander, bananas, almonds, saffron, sugar-cane, cotton, rice, figs, grapes, peaches and apricots were all introduced by the Moors. So too were the irrigation systems that enabled the dry plains to be efficiently farmed. So too were the narrow, labyrinthine street plans of many of the old towns. Even the flamenco itself has clear Islamic origins. The Spanish language is similarly full of words of Arabic origin – arroz (rice), alcalde(mayor), naranja(orange), azúcar(sugar) being just simple examples.

In 711 A.D. a wave of Berber Moors crossed the straight of Gibralter and swept into Hispania. The Visigoth kingdom, which had held sway on the Iberian Peninsula for almost 300 years, was divided by a recent civil war, and had neither the leadership, nor unity to resist the invasion. Stories of treachery by disgruntled Jews and exiled enemies of Roderic, the Visigoth king, abounded. It was even said that Count Julian, a fierce rival of the Visigoth king, had invited the Moors to help overthrow the hated Roderic, and that several important towns, including Toledo, had turned in favor of the conquerors. In any case, the Visigoth resistance was utterly inadequate, and after making a desperate stand at the Guadalete River, the national government collapsed. Several towns resisted the invaders and were besieged, but there was no further organized resistance from the Visigoths, and within a few years the Moors had swept over most of the Iberian Peninsula.
http://www.heritage-history.com/www/heritage.php?Dir=wars&FileName=wars_moorconquest.php
Re: If Muslim Nations Are World's Super Power? by KunleOshob(m): 7:39pm On Nov 29, 2010
@pastorAIO
Which country did America invade before becoming the dominant super power in the world today?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If Christ Sits On The Right-hand Side Of God, Who Sits On His Left-hand Side? / Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes / My Trip To Malta And Another Reason To Be Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.