Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,021 members, 7,799,483 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

Adamu Blasts Nff Over Galadima's Nomination - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Adamu Blasts Nff Over Galadima's Nomination (3925 Views)

Emenike Blasts NFF For ‘disrespecting’ Yobo’s Testimonial / Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion / Galadima Set To Replace Adamu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adamu Blasts Nff Over Galadima's Nomination by medjai(m): 11:52am On Nov 26, 2010
[center]Adamu angry over Galadima’s nomination[/center]

FIFA’s executive committee suspended member, Dr. Amos Adamu, has questioned the decision of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) to nominate one of its former chairman, Alhaji Ibrahim Galadima, to replace him on the board of the Confederation of African Football (CAF) executive committee.

Dr. Adamu, who is under ban from all football activities at local and international levels, according to FIFA’s directives, told Daily Sun sports in a telephone chat Wednesday that he was at a loss as regards the action of the NFF board which made the nomination, pointing out that it does not show that the NFF is interested in his appeal.

“FIFA took its decision but I’m not satisfied with it and the next thing I hear is that the NFF leadership has nominated Alhaji Ibrahim Galadima. I just don’t understand what NFF is doing when it is aware that I have decided to appeal the verdict of the Ethics Committee of FIFA.” The former Director General of the National Sports Commission, NSC, noted that it is an unfair thing to do and it would create confusion if his case sails through. He noted that it was rather ambigious for FIFA to clear him of corruption charges and yet slam a 3-year ban.

“I have nothing against Alhaji Galadima, who has been working with CAF over the years but his nomination for the executive committee at this time is not appropriate. I’ll leave the federation to its action and just watch as things unfold,” Dr. Adamu stressed. FIFA had on November 18, 2010 under the chairmanship of Claudio Sulser (Switzerland) passed the damming verdict on Adamu and five others. Those who made up the panel were: Petrus Damaseb (Namibia), Juan Pedro Damiani (Uruguay), Dominique Rocheteau (France), Dali Tahir (Indonesia) and Robert Torres (Guam), prohibiting them from participating in any football-related activity (administrative, sports or any other). They were said to have breached various articles of the FIFA Code of Ethics.

Aside from Adamu being banned from participating in any kind of football-related activity (administrative, sports or any other) at national and international level for a period of three years, he was fined CHF 10,000. His fellow executive committee member, Reynald Temarii (FIFA vice-president), was banned from participating in any kind of football-related activity (administrative, sports or any other) at national and international level for a period of one year and was further fined CHF 5,000.

Others who fell under the FIFA’s hammer are: Slim Aloulou (chairman of the FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber and member of the FIFA Players’ Status Committee) who was banned from taking part in any kind of football-related activity (administrative, sports or any other) at national and international level for a period of two years.

http://www.nigeriasoccernews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2572:adamu-blasts-nff-over-galadimas-nomination&catid=42:features&Itemid=185

Babatunde Aremu must have gone totally insane. He still has the guts to speak. If an Asian man were in his shoes, he would have committed suicide

Re: Adamu Blasts Nff Over Galadima's Nomination by tkb417(m): 12:37pm On Nov 26, 2010
what a thief!
Re: Adamu Blasts Nff Over Galadima's Nomination by honeric01(m): 12:39pm On Nov 26, 2010
This man should shut up jare, if i were him, I'd move to a remote area somewhere in Ogbomosho or even around Odo N gun'yan in Osun or Ekiti.
Re: Adamu Blasts Nff Over Galadima's Nomination by candylips(m): 12:55pm On Nov 26, 2010
this guy is a clown
Re: Adamu Blasts Nff Over Galadima's Nomination by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 26, 2010
So Adamu wants NFF to leave the post unoccupied for 3 years? Okocha and co must be laughing die.
Re: Adamu Blasts Nff Over Galadima's Nomination by IRAPADA(m): 1:06pm On Nov 26, 2010
Is it because they didnt trow him in jail that is y he stil ve mouth to talk
Re: Adamu Blasts Nff Over Galadima's Nomination by semid4lyfe(m): 1:25pm On Nov 26, 2010
Appeal ko, repeal ni.

Amos Adamu looks like a clown and acts like one.
Re: Adamu Blasts Nff Over Galadima's Nomination by carnal: 2:14pm On Nov 26, 2010
power has changed.Adamu accept ur faith
Re: Adamu Blasts Nff Over Galadima's Nomination by yunafa(f): 2:29pm On Nov 26, 2010
can u imagine, i wish we were in an asian country where this ''thief'' would have to commit suicide for what he has done(let's not talk about coja yet cos dat alone would earn him firing squad)!!! ole, barawo, thief, robber
Re: Adamu Blasts Nff Over Galadima's Nomination by Chidoxyl(m): 2:34pm On Nov 26, 2010
Pls, can somebody help me tell Amos Adamu that we @ EFCC are waiting 4 him, 4 bringing d name of d Federal Republic of Nigeria 2 disrepute b4 d eyes of d international world. We'll be waiting day & night for his appearance @ any of our International Airport; with handcuff!
Re: Adamu Blasts Nff Over Galadima's Nomination by furacao(m): 2:51pm On Nov 26, 2010
From one cattle rearer to another. No wonder Nigerian football is going nowhere. undecided
Re: Adamu Blasts Nff Over Galadima's Nomination by honeric01(m): 2:58pm On Nov 26, 2010
furacao:

From one cattle rearer to another. No wonder Nigerian football is going nowhere. undecided

So Yoruba people don dey rear cattle too undecided
Re: Adamu Blasts Nff Over Galadima's Nomination by furacao(m): 3:02pm On Nov 26, 2010
honeric01:

So Yoruba people don dey rear cattle too undecided

"Cattle Rearer" used here is a metaphor, So ethnicity doesn't matter. cool
Re: Adamu Blasts Nff Over Galadima's Nomination by Gayigaskia(m): 3:04pm On Nov 26, 2010
It is wise for Nigeria to retain that job because, Ghana ,South Africa and many other countries are gunning for Adamu's position.
Re: Adamu Blasts Nff Over Galadima's Nomination by bisiaet: 3:12pm On Nov 26, 2010
Sorry which Adamu? Is it same Adamu Amos that was bannedby FIFA or another Adamu?
Re: Adamu Blasts Nff Over Galadima's Nomination by apoti(m): 3:18pm On Nov 26, 2010
tell this man to go and sit down jare, e no get shame

Thief! Onyeohi!! Barawo!!! Ole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Adamu Blasts Nff Over Galadima's Nomination by holydante(m): 3:23pm On Nov 26, 2010
this one na real thief with guts. abegi go and sit ur black-colored bum down jare
Re: Adamu Blasts Nff Over Galadima's Nomination by tainot2002(m): 3:29pm On Nov 26, 2010
apoti:

tell this man to go and sit down jare, e no get shame

Thief! Onyeohi!! Barawo!!! Ole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U don finish am
Re: Adamu Blasts Nff Over Galadima's Nomination by crusufixo(m): 3:55pm On Nov 26, 2010
I must say,adamu is a disgrace.But hey, lets be sincere to ourselves here, if any of us were in his shoes, there is a very high possibility that we would have also acted the way he did ( even worse for some of us ). he was just an unfortunate victim !!!!. What beats my imagination is that, why was it only adamu and the other guy that were approached by those journalist ?, are we saying that they would not have faulted if they were also approached. Anyway, like i said before, he was just an unfortunate victim and he is paying dearly for it.
Re: Adamu Blasts Nff Over Galadima's Nomination by Reference(m): 4:22pm On Nov 26, 2010
Crusufixo, I nope you're joking.
Re: Adamu Blasts Nff Over Galadima's Nomination by 1025: 4:34pm On Nov 26, 2010
no be your fault adamu. if bode george makes noise from jail and ibru dictates where she says so why not adamu blasting nff.
the issue with nigeria is that nigerian thieves are bolder than the innocent men.
i am not blaming him or surprised at his actions because he is only representing.
common thief
i always wonder what aged thieves like bode george, cecilia ibru and this adamu who is representing at international levels will be telling their children.
can i look into my father's face when i know that the man i call my father is a thief?
wow, this is a shame.
Re: Adamu Blasts Nff Over Galadima's Nomination by teskyg: 4:41pm On Nov 26, 2010
Can you imagine?what an effrontery.This can only happen in Nigeria.Adamu still get mouth
Re: Adamu Blasts Nff Over Galadima's Nomination by seyibrown(f): 5:17pm On Nov 26, 2010
Where is his shame for bringing our name into further disrepute; and where is his remorse for bringing his former office into disrepute? embarassed
Re: Adamu Blasts Nff Over Galadima's Nomination by amurx(m): 5:28pm On Nov 26, 2010
nawa oh so he can still talk, thiefu thiefu
Re: Adamu Blasts Nff Over Galadima's Nomination by tunyus(m): 5:49pm On Nov 26, 2010
1025:

no be your fault adamu. if bode george makes noise from jail and ibru dictates where she says so why not adamu blasting nff.
the issue with nigeria is that nigerian thieves are bolder than the innocent men.
i am not blaming him or surprised at his actions because he is only representing.
common thief
i always wonder what aged thieves like bode george, cecilia ibru and this adamu who is representing at international levels will be telling their children.
can i look into my father's face when i know that the man i call my father is a thief?
wow, this is a shame.
GBAM, i luv dis
Re: Adamu Blasts Nff Over Galadima's Nomination by otokx(m): 5:50pm On Nov 26, 2010
some people do not have shame
Re: Adamu Blasts Nff Over Galadima's Nomination by SUKKIE(m): 5:55pm On Nov 26, 2010
What an idot ! Lucky not to be prosecuted since we celebrate fraud in our beloved country.
Re: Adamu Blasts Nff Over Galadima's Nomination by medjai(m): 6:14pm On Nov 26, 2010
this man has got to be the cockiest rogue ever
Re: Adamu Blasts Nff Over Galadima's Nomination by donobi(m): 7:34pm On Nov 26, 2010
make God punish u Amos Adamu.
u no get shame.
Re: Adamu Blasts Nff Over Galadima's Nomination by sirwebs(m): 8:46pm On Nov 26, 2010
banned for 3 years, abeg make i ask, does it mean Adamu can't watch his village match during xmas? Home vs Abroad.
Re: Adamu Blasts Nff Over Galadima's Nomination by Damix007(m): 8:52pm On Nov 26, 2010
NFF has finished Amos Adamu,
Re: Adamu Blasts Nff Over Galadima's Nomination by andyanders: 9:25pm On Nov 26, 2010
[b]ADAMU, YOU AGAIN? YOU NO DEY SHAME? WHY MUST YOU TALK AFTER THE DISGRACE YOU HANDED TO NIGERIA? YOU CARRIED CORRUPTION FROM NIGERIA TO FIFA. THE ONE YOU STOLE HERE NO DO YOU. YOU WENT AHEAD TO NOW WANT TO USE FIFA OFFICE TO NOW RECEIVE BRIBE. THANK GOD THAT YOU WERE CAUGHT IN A CAMERA. IF NOT, YOU WOULD HAVE TRIED TO SAY, THAT IT WAS MADE UP. THANK GOD IT WAS LIVE IN BRITAIN, NOT HERE IN NIGERIA YOU WERE CAUGHT. OLE, THIEF, YOUR MAMA THIEF, YOUR PAPA THIEF, YOUR CHILDREN THIEF. OLE FATHER. YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO YOUR GENERATION. YOU ABUSED THE PRIVILEDGE GIVEN TO YOU. YOU STARTED STEALING FROM HERE TO FIFA. WHY ADAMU? WHY EVEN COMING ON AIR AGAIN TO SAY, THAT NIGERIA SHOULD HAVE WAITED FOR THE OUTCOME OF YOUR APPEAL WHEN YOU WERE CAUGHT ON AIR ASKING FOR BRIBE? HABA. YOU NO GET SHAME? IF YOU ARE A FATHER TO ME, I WILL DISOWN YOU. YOU ARE A DISGRACE. HOW I WISH ANY OF YOUR RELATION, CHILDREN OR YOU, WILL READ THIS PIECE. ONLY IN NIGERIA THAT THIEF LIKE YOU NO GET SHAME. ADAMU YOU ARE A PURE THIEF.PERIOD.SHAMELESSMAN[/b]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo- Ronaldinho All Smiles After £40,000 Teeth Operation / Cristiano Ronaldo Bought A Cooler Of Rice To Eat With His Girlfriend. (photo) / Solution Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.