Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,457 members, 7,808,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

Qed Job Fair - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Qed Job Fair (3135 Views)

ICS Talent Bank: Biggest Job Fair In West Africa / Jobberman Job FAIR / National Job Fair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Qed Job Fair by odada(m): 8:02pm On May 25, 2007
Hi guys ,has anyone heard about the jobfair in june next month,we are supposed to pay some money into intercontinental/zenith bank acct. has anyone in the house done this,holla cheers
Re: Qed Job Fair by amdaysol(m): 1:49pm On May 26, 2007
Be careful!

DO authenticate the veracity of all claims before parting with your hard-earned money
Re: Qed Job Fair by Mamayo(f): 7:57pm On May 26, 2007
Hello,

I really wouldnt encourage u to pay for the job fair, from my own point of view QED isnt where u would want to stake your money. Thanks.
Re: Qed Job Fair by odada(m): 7:14pm On May 31, 2007
hi guys ,i already paid to the specified zenith bank acct but yet to hear from them,the fair is scheduled for june 18 next month in lagos, anyone in the houise with info on what to expect?i guess its gonna be like th peopleprime stuff!cheers mate
Re: Qed Job Fair by lababe2(f): 8:02am On Jun 01, 2007
@ odada,
well you were warned!
Re: Qed Job Fair by bolarine: 11:22am On Jun 01, 2007
dont hit the guy like that , afterr all who knows where your luck stands? , any way odada we re in the same shoes cos i can stand this unemployment sadness again , my friend is there and i would readily update the house on any development. keep your heads high cos the best is yet to arrive.
one love
Re: Qed Job Fair by odada(m): 6:45pm On Jun 01, 2007
@bolarine
thanks men,but are u also doing the job fair thingy or is your friend just a member of the QED team?would like your quick response cheers
Re: Qed Job Fair by bolarine: 12:05pm On Jun 03, 2007
i am also doing it ok. do this , attached scanned copies of ur credential to an email and send it to there email which is info@qedjobfair.com, after send an email to enquiries@jobfair.com requesting for ur confirmation letter. but like i was told, if peradventure ur letter does not arrive till the date , be informed that the new date for lagos zone now is 15th and 16th of june. there fore if urs doesnt arrive , goto the venue with ORIGINALS OF UR ACCLAIMED CREDENTIALS, 4 PASSPORT COLURED PHOTOGRAPH, IDENTIFICATION , AND UR WRITTING MATERIALS. I think i tried . be aware of the new date oooooooooooooooooo[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Qed Job Fair by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 05, 2007
Go to naijahotjobs U will see a mail from someone who has been defrauded.
Re: Qed Job Fair by odada(m): 11:18pm On Jun 05, 2007
@aisha2
what do u mean?that whos been duped?av u even seen the QED website before you start making assumptions

@topic
am yet to receive my confirmation letter?what do i do?
Re: Qed Job Fair by LAXIST(m): 5:20am On Jun 06, 2007
@odada,
Can u pls give the web site of the QED job fair? Thank u.
Re: Qed Job Fair by bolarine: 12:24pm On Jun 06, 2007
there is one thing i want people to understand , if u dont believe in job fair thn dont discourage others but constructive critism is welcome. then the fact that an agency is organising its own jobfair without charges as at now doesnt mns u mite not come across such later on.
thirdly, each firm is out in the business world to make profit no matter how little it is . abot the sit it is www.qedjobfair.com. and this is coming up on the fifteen of june for real for lagos resident and the ones who would love to have theres in lagos.
lastly , remember the fountain of fire and miracle ministries is having ther own this weekend (on 9th of june), people prime had slated its for july, thn in a logical reasoning , qed would love to ve its own fair this month and earlier so that people who had register with peopleprime can also be part of the fair. but remember , the new date is 15th of june for lagos fair and check my previuos posting for needed items expecially your bank teller and its photocopy.
asap issue of dupe, the date was only shifted to june due to the then upcoming general elections and afford good preparations. one love
Re: Qed Job Fair by odada(m): 9:35pm On Jun 06, 2007
@bolarine
thanks for straightening that out!but arent they(qed)supposed to send a mail for a pre-interview before the fair?thats what they said in their flyer?am yet to hear from them and since the fair is next week what do you advice?i have a copy of my teller do i take to the venue of the fair like that?
Re: Qed Job Fair by bolarine: 11:49am On Jun 07, 2007
@odada,
there is no organising without its shortcomings, like i said in my earlier posting , i have a friend there, i havent likewise gotten my own invitation letter . but to help out, my dear friend said we must come along with the following
:ORIGINAL COPIES OF YOUR CLAIMED CREDENTIALS,

2: ORIGINAL COPY OF THE TELLER (I MEAN THE DUPLICATE) AND ITS PHOTOCOPY.

3 THEN COME ALONG WITH AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, COPIES OF UR CURRICULUM VITAE(C.V)

4. 4 PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPHS .

5. PREPARE YOURSELF VERY GOOD FOR THE INTERVIEW AND BE IN TOTAL CHARGE ON THAT
DAY.

6. THEN REMEMBER, THE NEW DATE FOR LAGOS IS 15TH AND 16TH.,

U can contact me on 08036271264.

@odada, definately, we ll meet at the top. one love bro
Re: Qed Job Fair by odada(m): 10:32pm On Jun 07, 2007
@bolarine
bro you are the shizznit!thanks alot for the info, a friend of mine sent a text message to me that i should be prepared for a pre-fair seminar on the 13th?do u know anything about that?anyways thanks alot for your help and i will definately see u at the top,cheers mate
Re: Qed Job Fair by bolarine: 10:57am On Jun 08, 2007
yap, my friend told me that yesterday(its coming up on wednesday and its for FREEE), i waz here this morning that u could also check yesterday guardian newspaper for the authencity of my claims and this programme and likewise to update you but its good that u followed the advice i gave you initially,
 Added to the pre -interview am on my way rite now to there office since my friend said i should come and and confirm the registration of my name.  so peradventure u ve got no chance 2day, get there as early as possible on monday because the same people discouraging u not 2 register will be the ones to get there first on monday,.
@odada,. ve a cool day men , one love.
Re: Qed Job Fair by odada(m): 5:47am On Jun 09, 2007
@bolarine
thanks again,but i got one more thing to seek your opinion on?15&16th june the date of the fair is a friday and saturday,are we supposed to attend both dates or just one out o f the two?friday the 15th i should be at work so i guess the only time i would have will be saturay the 16th?what do you advice stab work or chill till saturday?cheers mate,will be at their office to confirm on monday!
Re: Qed Job Fair by bolarine: 12:49pm On Jun 11, 2007
if u apply as a fresh graduate, then yours is friday, the 15th, but if u apply as aproffessional i.e masters, ph.d or change of work with #5000, thn urs is saturday. thn if the former is yours, i ll advice u stab work on that day snc u mite ve a better offer.
thanks, one love
Re: Qed Job Fair by odada(m): 12:39am On Jun 12, 2007
@bolarine
thanks men,i was at their office yesterday and registered for the seminar on wednesday!they tols me the fair is not assurance of automatic employment just an oppourtunity to meet with employers from different organizations,i will sooooooooo stab work on friday men,lol,what category are u in?proffessional or fresh graduate?holla back,see u at the top mate.cheers
Re: Qed Job Fair by bolarine: 5:30pm On Jun 12, 2007
a fresh man and as am replying you ve already printed out my own confirmmation letter and i have an s.m.s for further prooves .thank ,
one love bro
Re: Qed Job Fair by iyawo(f): 6:14pm On Jun 12, 2007
hi guys the qed job fair's for real although the have their pitfall as fist times in the jobfair circle but i think they are 4 reala cos i paid ,had a prejob fair interview at sheraton hotel.if you;ve not heard 4m them just come with your tell to the venue wit all credentials n enuff photocopy
Re: Qed Job Fair by odada(m): 9:27pm On Jun 12, 2007
Hi guys,bolarine thanks alot for ur help,just got my own confirmation letter today,gonna print it right awy!but one hting baffles me,what kinda plastic files are we to bring with black markers anyways see y'all at the fair on friday and for those of up for the seminar see ya tomorrow!cheers
Re: Qed Job Fair by odada(m): 9:11pm On Jun 13, 2007
hey guys,went for the seminar today at the QED office which was later moved to a nearby church--no thanks to the many 9ja graduates and workers that showed up in their hundreds for the programme!was fun though with DANIEL YOUNG dishing out his favourite meal of "how to pass that job interview",looking forward to the jobfair on friday!cheers
Re: Qed Job Fair by bhnl: 10:26pm On Jun 13, 2007
Hello odada,

Good to hear that the seminar was kool. wish you all the best on Friday. Cant wait to have mine 20th n the job fair 22nd and 23rd.

heared friday is for fresh graduates who registered with N2500, pls do you have any idea of the coys showing up on that day so that one can read up stuffs from their site. for sure all the coys listed cant go for entry level.

need an answer.

BHNL
Re: Qed Job Fair by odada(m): 10:54pm On Jun 13, 2007
a couple of banks:intercontinental,zenith
unilever,multichoice,dunlop,motorolla,P&G(procter&gamble),,,lots more like that!
Re: Qed Job Fair by BILLIONs1: 3:55pm On Jun 14, 2007
@ Bolarine

Just spoke to you over the phone, I missed the first screening at sheraton, what can i do now?

I will be available on saturday! might not be disposed 2moro

Your advice plaese

Thanks a lot.

reach me on 08036677271
Re: Qed Job Fair by bolarine: 5:25pm On Jun 14, 2007
@ billion$
this are the reqirements
Dear Jobseeker,

RE: LETTER OF INVITATION TO ATTEND THE QED JOB FAIR 2007

We are happy to inform you that your application for the above event has been considered and that you qualify to attend our Job fair interview at any of the following venues:

Lagos

Venue: Regency Hotel

Date: 15-16 June, 2007

Time: 9.00 a.m – 6.00 pm daily

Port Harcourt

Venue: Novotel Hotel

Date: 22-23 June, 2007

Abuja

Venue: Shehu Yar'adua Centre

Date: 29-30 June, 2007

You are expected to bring along with you the following compulsory items for pre-job fair screening:

4 sets of transparent plastic folder file with your name, e-mail addresses and mobile numbers boldly written out with black marker pen.

4 copies of recent passport photographs

4 copies of your credentials

Originals of your credentials for sighting and confirmation

A short story about yourself in not more than five sentences

Evidence of job records (for those who have already worked and are still working) last pay slip from your last employer

4 copies of testimonial reports from 2 guarantors (your guarantors must provide photocopies of their current Identity Cards and/or International Passports.

4 copies of your teller.

ATTENTION: 4 copies of these documents should be made and properly inserted into the 4 files afore mentioned.

Kindly note that, candidate MUST produce originals of credentials for sighting and confirmation.

In addition, you are required to print out a copy of this letter which will serve as your entry pass to the venue.

Also note that you are free to attend the fair at any of the venues. However, you are entitled to only one appearance at one venue. Jobseekers are also advised to be present on the first day of the fair.

You have also been invited to an optional free seminar designed to acquaint applicants with interview skills. Details are as follows:

Lagos

Venue: QED Jobfair Ltd.(3B, Adegbeyeni Street, Off Alade market, Allen Avenue, Ikeja)

Date: 13 June, 2007

Time: 10.00 a.m

Port Harcourt

Venue: QED Jobfair Ltd. (Recovery House Auditorium, Stadium Road, near Novotel Hotel)

Date: 20 June, 2007

Abuja

Venue: QED Jobfair Ltd. (2, Amurie Omanze Street, Off Ladoke Akintola Blvd, Garki II)

Date: 27 June, 2007

All those registered for QED Jobfair are required to be present

Re: Qed Job Fair by odada(m): 9:27pm On Jun 14, 2007
yep thats it!cant wait for tomorrow to come am soo estatic cool,hey bolarine hope i see you tomorrow and to all QED peeps this is the chance to get that dream job we have always prayed for,see y'all at the top!cheers
Re: Qed Job Fair by odada(m): 10:16pm On Jun 16, 2007
hmnnnnnnnnnn,wheredo i start from?the fair was after getting there at 9am we were made to wait till 2pm before being allowed to the venue it wasnt a fair per se,it was just just an avenue to submit cv's to the over 10 companys there with about 6 representatives of the coy's present?in the near future QED should make it a point of duty that whenever they ask applicants to come for a job fair they PAY for they should make the neccessary arrangements!as this was just a panorama of fraud

bolarine whats up,do i stand corrected or what?
Re: Qed Job Fair by mildie(f): 6:20am On Jun 17, 2007
hi i dont think they were a fraud. i think they were not fully prepared for the show and the amount of people. Fine the companies were not as much as the ones advertised but if they were all multinational companies. As for the spots of absent employers, i think there will be more good new from the experienced people. It was a working day remember.

I also think they purposely did not show up because of the crowd.

Anyway i don't know if any of you visited that hotel stand well i asked them and they told me i should come for the interview on Friday.

Also the lady in oceanic bank stand told us that she will personally call us after going thru our cvs if we meet her requirements. she also told us to stay alert that the oceanic bank test will be ending of this month so we should be ready when she calls. for those of us that had not yet applied on line she gave them a special email to send their ids to when they do.

the other companies there like the university told me they will call me if something comes up thats good enough for me for now.
Re: Qed Job Fair by odada(m): 10:24pm On Jun 17, 2007
@mildie
if u say so,but av spoken my own sha?the hotel dude booked an appointment with me for tuesday,yours could be friday?

@bolarine
will i see u tuesday?
Re: Qed Job Fair by bolarine: 10:36am On Jun 18, 2007
yea, u knw i am always smart whn it comes to info analysis. i ll b rite there on tues , maybe ur eye skipped me sitting in front of the guy whn he asked you to change VICTOR to VICTORIA on your cv.
anyway , i ve gone tru there website , and i think that place is really cool for me.
meet u up there men.
For those of us who he gave appointment with on tues , i say all the best.
one love.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bankphb Test On Saturday (19th July, 2008) / Sterling Bank Sales Officer (workforce) / Is There Acute Job Scarcity Or Are We Not Employable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.