Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

(celtel) Head Start: Graduate Development Programme - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / (celtel) Head Start: Graduate Development Programme (5344 Views)

Worley Parsons - 2016 Graduate Development Programme / Fresh Graduate Development Programme (GDP) 2015/2016 At DBH / Who Else Got This? HSBC Graduate Development Programme- Round 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

(celtel) Head Start: Graduate Development Programme by tagbojeyin: 8:35pm On May 25, 2007
Was in today's Business Day Newspaper.

Organization- CELTEL

Position - Head Start: GRADUATE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME

Requirements - Honours degree(upper second class or

GPA 3.0)

Ability to analyse problems logically and quikly.

Excellent communication skills.

Ability to adapt to new situations and circumstances

A confident and ambitious approach to the working

environment.

Geographical (workplace) flexibility.

Some previous work experience (eg internship) will be

an advantage but not required.

Email COVERING LETTER and CV with relevant Certificate

to- headstart@celtel. com

Subject Titled - Head Start 2007

send b4 end of Next Week.
Re: (celtel) Head Start: Graduate Development Programme by cyberpaul(m): 12:37pm On May 26, 2007
God Bless You
Re: (celtel) Head Start: Graduate Development Programme by Daray(m): 1:44pm On May 26, 2007
Thanx alot but how do one write a captivating cover-letter?
Re: (celtel) Head Start: Graduate Development Programme by cutey23: 4:32pm On May 27, 2007
When they say email covering letter and cv with certificates, do they mean u should scan ur certificates and email? cuz im confused about that bit,
Re: (celtel) Head Start: Graduate Development Programme by bolarine: 11:00am On May 28, 2007
yea, you ve to scan ur certificate and probably all ur proofs, then attach it to the cover letter or application and send tru Email , one love
Re: (celtel) Head Start: Graduate Development Programme by lababe2(f): 3:41pm On May 28, 2007
hmmn guys how do i go about this? i only av my testimonial which only states my class of degree which is 2.2, but i know my final year GP is above 3.3 or thereabout (pls not bragging) , d unfortunate thing is dat i dont av a proof of this cos my school is taking forever to send us our certificates, i really dont know what to do in relation to this celtel application, can someone in the house help a sister out?
Re: (celtel) Head Start: Graduate Development Programme by drklump(m): 7:53pm On May 28, 2007
U not the only one. I've the same dilemma as you gal. Not to worry, just go ahead and apply then we see what happens. If anyone has an idea, we be welcome to suggestions!!
Re: (celtel) Head Start: Graduate Development Programme by lababe2(f): 4:05pm On May 30, 2007
@dr_klump
thanks just lets keep the faith
Re: (celtel) Head Start: Graduate Development Programme by bada1(m): 7:42pm On May 30, 2007
please i having a problem with the e-mail pls i need your help.

The e-mail gives me mailer daemon messages.

waitig ur reply
Re: (celtel) Head Start: Graduate Development Programme by tochii(m): 8:49pm On May 30, 2007
have been trying to send my cover letter and cv to celtel without success, it keeps coming back to me as a failed mail. i want to know whether any one has successfully sent his/her own.
Re: (celtel) Head Start: Graduate Development Programme by bruce(m): 3:57pm On May 31, 2007
Please oohhh! am having the same problem.

Let the house, lets know where we are missing it.

Thanks
Re: (celtel) Head Start: Graduate Development Programme by Ena345(f): 4:55pm On May 31, 2007
I sent before today but my friends are giving thesame complaint. GEss its cos its at the end of the wk.
Re: (celtel) Head Start: Graduate Development Programme by blackz(m): 6:35pm On May 31, 2007
hey guys,
i ve also sent my cv and cover letter,it also bounced back, what do we do ?
Re: (celtel) Head Start: Graduate Development Programme by Alert(f): 6:43pm On May 31, 2007
someone shd pls help us out i sent mine yesterday and today they all bounced back, at first i thought i made a mistake with the addy but it wasnt. pls someone help 2moro is officially the end of the week except if the week ends on wednesday??
Re: (celtel) Head Start: Graduate Development Programme by k9(m): 8:59pm On May 31, 2007
The email address also bounces from my end. The two viable options I see are going to this link: http://www.ng.celtel.com/en/about-us/careers/cv-registration/index.html and filling out the
form there. I want to assume it will go to the relevant department for this specific opening.
Alternatively you can call their customer care and hope someone can tell u the correct addy to
send it to.

That being said, while I'm not applying for the opening myself, I did help my friend draft her
CV and application. She of course got wind of it from this page. My observation, from the
sample cover letters on the site given below is this: In my humble opinion, those 'cover
letters' in the state they are in (and all its derivations) are really very poorly written and do a
very terrible job of selling yourself for a job opening. I seriously doubt that any of those letters
sent in that state will convince any employer that you are the candidate they are looking
for. The wordings of the letter just don't do it, it lacks a certain 'bite' that can give you an
advantage over other applications. Maybe I just don't know how to word what I feel is 'wrong'
with the applications.

Having said that, a little while ago, I was actually writing a little article about CV's, the types of CV'S
and what/how you can write a CV that can grab attention. But I sorta lost interest along the way.
This episode with my friend and her CV just might make me go back to finish the article. If I do
decide to finish the article, I'll try post a link in this thread linking to the article.
Re: (celtel) Head Start: Graduate Development Programme by crito(m): 4:54am On Jun 01, 2007
nice one.
Re: (celtel) Head Start: Graduate Development Programme by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 01, 2007
blackz:

hey guys,
i ve also sent my cv and cover letter,it also bounced back, what do we do ?

same thing here, got "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender". i suspect they've got a problem with their email stuff from their domain host, it can't possibly be a case of the recruitment expiring.

this could also be the reason, read the bounced back mail indepth and discovered this

This is the Postfix program at host s80544.findajobinafrica.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The Postfix program

<celtelgraduate@s80544.findajobinafrica.com> (expanded from
<celtelgraduate@findajobinafrica.com>wink: cannot access mailbox
/var/spool/mail/celtelgraduate for user celtelgraduate. cannot open
file:
File too large

Message/delivery-status

Reporting-MTA: dns; s80544.findajobinafrica.com
X-Postfix-Queue-ID: 9B0884406C9
X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; ******@yahoo.com
Arrival-Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 11:53:24 +0100 (BST)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; celtelgraduate@s80544.findajobinafrica.com
Original-Recipient: rfc822; celtelgraduate@findajobinafrica.com
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; cannot access mailbox
/var/spool/mail/celtelgraduate for user celtelgraduate. cannot open
file:
File too large

try resizing (make smaller) your attachements. i'm about to do that, goodluck.
Re: (celtel) Head Start: Graduate Development Programme by AlfaPrime: 1:55pm On Jun 01, 2007
You're right. it's probably cos of the last minute rush. i mean, i sent mnine some days back and it went smoothly, no hitches at all. keep trying, of course.

success!
Re: (celtel) Head Start: Graduate Development Programme by defacto1: 2:56pm On Jun 01, 2007
hello help the mail bounces back o.
Re: (celtel) Head Start: Graduate Development Programme by begum: 11:32am On Jun 04, 2007
Thank you all Nairalanders.
Re: (celtel) Head Start: Graduate Development Programme by dika: 5:14pm On Jun 15, 2007
the organisation i work for would be needing techies (programmers in Java [eclipse], Linux engineers). Please send in CV to dikaoha@yahoo.com and must not be more than 25 years of age. must live in Lagos, male or female. Thank you.
Re: (celtel) Head Start: Graduate Development Programme by bennard: 12:44pm On Jun 17, 2007
this ceitel head start pls am a new comer to nairaland is it  for only BSC holders pls help mail me
at beno4real2009@yahoo.com is it late also to send cv and covering letter

(1) (Reply)

Internship Connect: Looking For Graduates / Etisalat Info On Employment. Hurry Now! / Job Opportunity With ARM Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.