Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,474 members, 7,770,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:21 AM

What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? (47157 Views)

What Food Do You Currently Feel Like Eating? / What Do You Feel Like Eating Right Now / What Do You Feel Like Eating And Drink Right Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by omogenaija(f): 1:21am On Jul 14, 2007
lady soul and lady omo - i like that grin grin grin grin

the only moin moin i know is moin moin tongue tongue

oya now , give us the instructions in preparing corn moin moin
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by omoge(f): 1:26am On Jul 14, 2007
grin

it's a good meal that reigns during raining season in part Delta state. well, one thing you would need special leaf or plantain leaf to wrap it. since that can't be found where we are, that meal na no go area grin grin
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by omogenaija(f): 1:44am On Jul 14, 2007
u think i dey for ur nillychester where they dont sell hot sauce ? tongue

abeg i will get wat i need to make it and even send u ur own wink
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by bluesky4(f): 1:47am On Jul 14, 2007
plantain and fried yam
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by omoge(f): 1:50am On Jul 14, 2007
lol grin grin you dey Amerikah where the leaf you need no dey grow  grin grin

sincerely speaking, there is ewe (leaves) that the paste needed to be wrapped with.

am doing something on hand but will post the simple recipe soon  grin

i think you can only make it in Nigeria where you have real fresh (sweet) corn  grin

when i want to make it years ago, i go to dad's farm to get fresh corn. it's soooooooooooooooooo tasty than with day or days old corn  grin
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by babaluku: 2:17am On Jul 14, 2007
hot suya braised with hausa pepper,wrapped with NIGERIAN TRIBUNE(it has a Kinda taste attached to it), Then get myself a chill STAR LARGER BEER, with 4 inches cigar,
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by omoge(f): 2:21am On Jul 14, 2007
tribune has printing ink in it, not good o
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by minto(m): 3:19am On Jul 14, 2007
isi-ewu and cold gulder

soulpatrol:

which one is corn moin-moin o? is the corn inside the moin-moin or eaten together?

corn moin-moin is called 'abari' where I come from; the only difference is you use fresh corn instead of beans.
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by soulpatrol(f): 4:16am On Jul 14, 2007
very interesting cheesy
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by ThoniaSlim(f): 8:23am On Jul 14, 2007
i feel like eating eba and edika ikong tongue tongue tongue. gush i miss it so much. cry cry
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by RichyBlacK(m): 9:49am On Jul 14, 2007
Lafun and abula, with fatty beef meet! grin
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by Godwin1(m): 10:37am On Jul 14, 2007
i just like you guyz .  na so so chicken full my body i don tried sef

i am missing alot of our niaja food. i long for cook yam and plantain and owo soup and some entelope meat , as a benin man ,even the bitter leaf soup  and mature goat meat and fish,men i am caving for this food. even satana or 6 to 6 and proper melon soup sef i no see it
i miss agege bread no be small and that bean from mama iyabisi pot for okota isolo lagos. i can soup most of this food but i just dont know they never taste the same i what i use to back home,

i am happy here oh but there are somethings i missed about niaja ,over i have become a money making machine.abi this people think say my body dey use kerosine
undecided undecided embarassed
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by WesleyanA(f): 12:13pm On Jul 14, 2007
candy. and i'm having way too much of it right now. I can actually feel the sugar in my blood.
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by kuwena(m): 12:41pm On Jul 14, 2007
'Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.' As for me, I want to eat the Word of God. cheesy
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by fesse(f): 1:40pm On Jul 14, 2007
a mixture of fruit salad and it is in front of me now, then a can of power-up. friuts are my best any day,time. it is a real lunch time down here.
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by fesse(f): 1:48pm On Jul 14, 2007
these our sisters out there are really missing niaja food. no worry, i will send to you people via this forum grin grin grin
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by kateflow(f): 1:51pm On Jul 14, 2007
eba and oha soup
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by ikamefa(f): 3:48pm On Jul 14, 2007
minto:

isi-ewu and cold gulder

corn moin-moin is called [b]'abari' [/b]where I come from; the only difference is you use fresh corn instead of beans.

now i remember !

@omoge i only ate corn moin-moin twice in my life and my Grandma made it for me when we went to the village! cheesy

its made the same way you make the original moin-moin, the leaf wraps only makes if more delicious cheesy
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by omoge(f): 5:41pm On Jul 14, 2007
right and my mom and grandma use Odo (mortar and pestle) to grind theirs instead of engine. it's so delicious that way and the not so smooth testure in your mouth will make you love it the more (for those who love the traditional way of making meals) oh my goodness yummy.

i have everything to make it (even mortar) lol and my roomies asking what you want to do with the wooden stuffs, lol

but i had to stop because no leaf to wrap it. my mom asked me on the phone what i'd like to eat when i visit, i said Opor (corn moin moin) and she was all laughing  grin grin she said it's corn season and they are enjoying it cry
cheesy
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by soulpatrol(f): 6:36pm On Jul 14, 2007
omoge, hmm your mama na d bomb o. make i come chop too? cheesy
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by soulpatrol(f): 6:39pm On Jul 14, 2007
ah, my roomies suffered in my hands too o. whenever i'm feeling in the naija spirit, i cook with lotsa hot bonner peppers and the thing be spicing up the whole buidling. they always had to leave the house because they couldn't stand the smell, they be coughing and shit. bush peeps.  grin
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by soulpatrol(f): 6:40pm On Jul 14, 2007
na me cause their oyinbo food not to get taste and flavor? shuuu!
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by omoge(f): 7:16pm On Jul 14, 2007
lol hahaha my mom sent me mortar and pestle cheesy so i use that to wash my beans whenever i feel like eating moin moin.

no talk am hahaha, sorry you roommies no fell in love with your cookings like mine. my roommate 2 chines 1 korea and 1 other oyinbo always ask me when next i will cook the peppery stew lol. they love the stew sooooooooooooo much that they finish the thing for me, that aint funny lol.

i go with them to the chinese store where i got live Tilapia and and other petty things. because i love fish they are getting to like fish too and want more from me. i try to get that nice peppery stew every other sunday for all of us cheesy

only the oyinbo wan put me for trouble last month wey bone of the fish stuck for her throat. me tell her ooo she say she sabi fish lol, by roomies were all laughing at her and one had to give her bread to eat to gulp the bone down after everything was tried to remove the stubborn small bone.

Asian like nigeria meals a lot especially our stews cheesy while my kenya friend loves our egusi soup cheesy
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by soulpatrol(f): 8:33pm On Jul 14, 2007
omoge:

Asian like nigeria meals a lot especially our stews cheesy while my kenya friend loves our egusi soup cheesy

so true o. and vice versa. asians have soul food like us and they eat their food with so much gusto, unlike oyinbo peeps that just scarf down the thing like there's no tomorrow. lawd, i love asian food so much, especially thai and indian. i'm thinking of taking cooking lessons. they like to cook for people, especially friends and family, very nigerian-like in their customs i notice.  cheesy
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by comechop(m): 10:00pm On Jul 14, 2007
Soul patrol, u don't even know wetin man dey go through for this country sef, hunger wee dey WAYA pesin DAILY lol
I just remembered, i want FRIED DODO AND YAM, with EGG or VEGETABLE SOUP, or FRIED EGG STEW laaaaaaawd!!!! That combination was sooooooo good.
And i want some REAL naija fruits, not the stuff that the sell here, imported and sprayed and genetically modifiied sad

Did someone say HOT MOI MOI and Garri hmmm,  When you chop that one, you know say u don CHOP correct. Instead of burger this burger that and fries and all that junk. Nna i taya o
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by DisGuy: 10:04pm On Jul 14, 2007
Rice beans and plantain grin

tuwo chinkafa with efor

fura de nunu
and my grandma's tuwo and ewedu cry
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by ph4life(m): 11:38pm On Jul 14, 2007
bush meat pepper soup/
okra soup with fresh fish str8 from river/pepper and garri/
okazi soup/bush meat or goat meat with pounded yam - the best man chop na for lagos benin road - 1 of those restaurants for road side there - tasty/
smoked fresh fish with smoked ripe plantain - ph 4 life man; i can't wait to get home this december smiley
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by CrazyMan(m): 1:00am On Jul 15, 2007
Pounded yam with Ogbono soup
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by omoge25(f): 8:21am On Jul 15, 2007
ph4life:

bush meat pepper soup/
okra soup with fresh fish str8 from river/pepper and garri/
okazi soup/bush meat or goat meat with pounded yam - the best man chop na for lagos benin road - 1 of those restaurants for road side there - tasty/
smoked fresh fish with smoked ripe plantain - ph 4 life man; i can't wait to get home this december smiley

dat na my soup o, i love fresh okra and fresh fish. had some last week.

omoge:

lol hahaha my mom sent me mortar and pestle cheesy so i use that to wash my beans whenever i feel like eating moin moin.

You are right they do like our food alot, my vietnamese and thai friends always want to eat when i bring my rice and stew lunch to school. They like going to naija restuartants too, always begging me to follow them and suggest things to try.

Omoge your motar and pestle is it really big? I see only small ones here, but i dont want to stress my family at home to one here, there is this plantain dish we have in Rivers that i havent had in 16yrs because i no get mortar and pestal.
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by rumours: 4:50pm On Jul 15, 2007
guguru ati ekpa; ewa ati buredi, hw u c am nahh!
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by soulpatrol(f): 5:48pm On Jul 15, 2007
chei, these naija women sha. to use mortar and pestle na by force? grin (no mind me, na just beef. if i fit lay my hands on one, walai, na my lucky day o)
very soon, we go dey crave to use the grinding machine whey we dey use grind ata ati timati (tomato and pepper) for back home. man, if only them get those machines for yankee. those machines always make it taste better for some reason. daydreaming undecided
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by Tats(m): 6:32pm On Jul 15, 2007
Feel like eating Suya  smiley

Found carribean bread in sainsburys and its the closest bread to naija bread. Very nice bread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

Black Cobra Caught By My Dad's Trap In Ogun State (Pictures) / How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) / The plantains I bought #1000 and how I prepared it.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.