Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,740 members, 7,802,252 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

Uk Visa Application (advice Needed) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa Application (advice Needed) (8883 Views)

Should Nigerians Pay £3000 For UK Visa Bond?? / Uk Visa Application Mistake / Polish Student Visa Application Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uk Visa Application (advice Needed) by sayasuyi: 8:58am On May 26, 2007
Goodmorning fellow Nairalanders. Please I need you to advise me. I intend applying for a UK student visa. My predicament right now is that I was refused an application two years ago (Visitor) for forged documents. I have applied for another passport and I want to know if I should indicate on the visa application form that I was initially refused a visa or not. Some of my folks said it would affect my chances. Others said that I should just say the truth because since I am using the same name, its already in their system. Please I need your candid advice.
Re: Uk Visa Application (advice Needed) by Akolawole(m): 9:05am On May 26, 2007
1) Is it the same complete name?

2) Is the forged document your own personal bank statement or Sponsor's one?

3) Did you appeal the previous one?
Re: Uk Visa Application (advice Needed) by sayasuyi: 9:49am On May 26, 2007
Thanks Akolawole.

1) It is the same complete name
2) My previous documents were really forged. But the one I intend using now are genuine.
3) I didnt appeal the previous one.

Hope to hear from you
Re: Uk Visa Application (advice Needed) by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 26, 2007
dont bother, as long as they know you once forged documents your chances are as good as dead and buried.
I remember being at the US embassy sometime in 2005 with someone who forged his I-20, he was told not to bother applying for another US visa.
Re: Uk Visa Application (advice Needed) by Akolawole(m): 3:45pm On May 26, 2007
@Sayasuyi

You've not answered my second question
Re: Uk Visa Application (advice Needed) by Vicjustice: 5:41pm On May 26, 2007
My honest advice (like davidylan said) is, don't even try to apply: i suppose your chance is as good as 0%.
You see, if an embassy refuses someone a visa for reason of dissatisfactions, it will consider any other subsequent applications from the same person. But in a situation whereby you've been caught with forged documents, your chance is as good as Osama Bin Laden's chance: They will never trust you again, i mean, NEVER
Keep your money sad
Re: Uk Visa Application (advice Needed) by Akolawole(m): 7:42pm On May 26, 2007
@Davidlyan and Vicjustice

Dont condemn his application yet.

Let him answer my question clearly and let see the way forward.

It will be hard but visa can still be given.
Re: Uk Visa Application (advice Needed) by ArmedLion(m): 7:55pm On May 26, 2007
@ akolawole, i think you're a kind guy who wants to encourage hopes, but the truth is, the embassy already has his name in its black list, and i can't see them forgiving him for using forged documents. it is sad though, but this is the the case cry.
Re: Uk Visa Application (advice Needed) by sayasuyi: 11:10am On May 27, 2007
Akolawole, the Forged documents was that of my sponsor. i forged it. But right now, I have real documents. As for Davidlyan and Vicjustice; go to hell. I drop my testimony here as well.
Re: Uk Visa Application (advice Needed) by Vicjustice: 11:18am On May 27, 2007
Sayasuyi, no body is against your intention to apply for a visa and travel abroad, you asked for advice and that's what i believe you get. I'm not against your progress, i simply told you what i think you need know, you may try, but if i were you, i'd do otherwise.
You don't have to insult people for advising you, do you?
Re: Uk Visa Application (advice Needed) by sayasuyi: 11:23am On May 27, 2007
Sorry If I insulted you. Or if you felt I felt that way. anyway, thanks for your advice. As this is a Studet Visa application with references from my working place, I think I have a chance. See you in Dublin soon.
Re: Uk Visa Application (advice Needed) by Vicjustice: 11:29am On May 27, 2007
Apology accepted. Are you planing to come to Ireland?
Re: Uk Visa Application (advice Needed) by sayasuyi: 11:38am On May 27, 2007
Hopefully During Hols cos I have an Aunt there
Re: Uk Visa Application (advice Needed) by Vicjustice: 11:43am On May 27, 2007
Believe me, Ireland is better than England if it's for work and making a living. The UK is overflowing with population, the only problem in Ireland is the inflow of Polish and other immigrants from these new EU states, but yet, it's really cool, believe me
Re: Uk Visa Application (advice Needed) by sayasuyi: 11:53am On May 27, 2007
Really? Well thats your opinion and shared amongst multitude also. But in terms of Quality Education, I guess England tops. So what if I apply without indicating I have applied before? Do they have my name in their system? I mean the Uk embassy. Or what if I apply at Abuja and not Lagos
Re: Uk Visa Application (advice Needed) by Vicjustice: 12:20pm On May 27, 2007
In the application form, there are boxes to mark, the questions there are:
"Is this your first passport?"
"Have you ever applied for a UK visa before?" Yes/No
"If yes, was it issued?" Yes/No
"If NO, explain the reason.
  your answers to these are major factors that determines, ,
  It will be silly to deny the fact that you were refused a visa before and the reason it was refused because, you're using the same name which they have already entered in their computer network: believe me, a new passpot will definitelay raise more questions and suspicion. I don't want to make you sad, so i regret to inform you that it's better to apply with the known passport than to try to be smart with a new one since they already have a record and the photo-copies of the previous one.
Or do you have any better idea?
Re: Uk Visa Application (advice Needed) by sayasuyi: 12:44pm On May 27, 2007
The old one would soon expire two years time and thats why I just did a new one. I believe I will be successful because all my documents this time are genuine. I just hope they would really have the time to confirm.
Re: Uk Visa Application (advice Needed) by Vicjustice: 12:59pm On May 27, 2007
This is one problem with the embassies, they're rather too busy that they seldom confirm documents of any suspicious applicant; the only applicants they confirm are the credible ones. If an embassy tries to confirm anyones documents, that means they are willing to give the person a visa, and they have to get credible impressions to make them call for confirmation.
  But if your old passport has 2 years before expiration, then it's as valid as a new one as long as it's not below six months time; so i don't see any reason for your excuse that you did a new passport because the previous one has almost expired.
You see, i'm an experienced person familiar with immigrations and embassy rules, they don't give a second chance to a person once caught with fraud documents, this is against protocols, but if you wish to try, goodluck.
Well, while i wish you best of luck, i also would want to know how it goes with the new application. Goodluck!
Re: Uk Visa Application (advice Needed) by sayasuyi: 1:04pm On May 27, 2007
So what of people who were successful at the second attempt. Or you are unfamiliar with that aspect? Anyway, your words cant deter me but just encourage me more. I will be the first that you will know of to prove that afterall, you are not really familiar with the immigration rules.
Re: Uk Visa Application (advice Needed) by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 27, 2007
dear sayasuyi,
thanks for asking for advice and telling us to go to hell for giving it. Lets be frank, you are better off applying for another country's visa. Once caught with forged documents especially at the US and UK embassies you wont be granted a visa ever again no matter how genuine ur new documents are. I've been there before and heard what the visa officer told a certain student who forged his I-20. It's the same treatment if you are deported, you can never be granted another visa.
Re: Uk Visa Application (advice Needed) by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 27, 2007
sayasuyi:

So what of people who were successful at the second attempt. Or you are unfamiliar with that aspect? Anyway, your words can't deter me but just encourage me more. I will be the first that you will know of to prove that afterall, you are not really familiar with the immigration rules.

why put up a thread in the first place for "Advice" if ur mind was already made up?
Please if you are successful let us know.
Re: Uk Visa Application (advice Needed) by sayasuyi: 1:22pm On May 27, 2007
Davidylan? So what you are trying to say is that a person havig paid all his sch fees will be denied a visa. Just because he failed at the first attempt? What if he was being sponsored by a company or he has been offered an international scholarship? I can see that you are really ignorant of the rules. Anyway in my post I was specific on the kind of advice as relating to my chances. Afterall you are not God nor the British immigrant. Thanks for your concern and ill advice though.
Re: Uk Visa Application (advice Needed) by Vicjustice: 1:28pm On May 27, 2007
They give visas only to people that are trustworthy or at lease to those who succeed in convincing them that they are trustworthy. but you're just not one of them
Re: Uk Visa Application (advice Needed) by sayasuyi: 1:39pm On May 27, 2007
Thank you. This is the kind of advice I needed from you. Thats the clue; to be trustworthy, and I am this time.
Re: Uk Visa Application (advice Needed) by Vicjustice: 1:42pm On May 27, 2007
Re: Uk Visa Application (advice Needed) by Nobody: 1:44pm On May 27, 2007
sayasuyi, you are free to apply to the British embassy for a visa. However go ahead and waste your money.

The same embassies refuse students with genuine documents everyday on flimsy excuses such as not having enough ties to the home country, insufficient funds e.t.c, how many students who have fully paid their fees are denied visas on daily basis?
Do you have an international scholarship? Are you being sponsored by a company or are these more forged documents?

Your misplaced positive optimism will not get you anywhere. You cant pray your way through immigration rules, once you have been caught with forged documents you are as good as inelligible to obtain another one even if your new documents are direct from Aso Rock, only of course you wont be formally informed of the existence of such a rule.

At least other people will learn from your experience. It is people like you who ruin things for other genuine applicants. I can just imagine the horrors other poor students must have gone through in the hands of British visa officers after they discovered your forgeries!
Better to be refused with genuine documents than to be caught with false papers.
Re: Uk Visa Application (advice Needed) by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 27, 2007
sayasuyi:

Thank you. This is the kind of advice I needed from you. Thats the clue; to be trustworthy, and I am this time.

clearly what you want is not "advice" but encouragement. you should have worded your title in that direction. Once found untrustworthy there is unfortunately no way round it. You wont get the visa, you can go and try. I'm counting on you to put me to shame.
Re: Uk Visa Application (advice Needed) by Akolawole(m): 3:15pm On May 27, 2007
@Davidylan and others

Do you know that few applicants refused on fake bank statements CAN still get through on appeal? I don't want to promote CRIMINALITY, so i better shut up.

@ Sasuyi
The issue is a bit sensitive but i will give you a scenerio.

Mr K applied for student visa and was refused because of the Sponsor's fake statement. He did not know that it is fake whether this is wickedness on the part of the sponsor is not known.
Now he has a genuine and credible sponsor and all his details in the previous application remains the same.

With the above, i think you will be called for interview and ask to clarify the discrepancy.

REMEMBER EVERY APPLICATION IS TREATED ON ITS OWN MERIT

I believe you will win at least on appeal

This is just my opinion, you are not binded to follow it.
Re: Uk Visa Application (advice Needed) by Vicjustice: 3:18pm On May 27, 2007
Re: Uk Visa Application (advice Needed) by Akolawole(m): 3:22pm On May 27, 2007
@Vicjustice

Of what use is that link?
Re: Uk Visa Application (advice Needed) by dejia(m): 4:09pm On May 27, 2007
Let me tell u from my own experience.
I applied at the australian embassy in 2001 in Lagos, i was refused study visa. based on the fact that i didnt have enuff evidence to come back after my study.
i came into south africa and applied 2004( 3yrs after) with another passport but the same name same details but a diffrent school admission, i had scholarship, my bank statement was 5times what was required, all my documents were complete.
On the form I DIDNT indicate that i have applied before. THey trace it and discovered, and i was Refused .i appealed my application was denied.i was refused because i didnt indicate that i applied before.
Look all embassy have an intranet with which they work . immediately you lodge in an application your profile is on there intranet, thats why when u get to the immigration at the point of entry they swipe your passport.( in some countries).
I wont discourage u but i think you have more chances of getting the visa with the previous passport than the new one. just indicate there that u were not aware that the previous bank statement was fake.and pray for Favour.
Re: Uk Visa Application (advice Needed) by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 27, 2007
thanks for the info Dejia. You forgot however to tell our dear sayasuyi, still caught in his miraculous flight of fancy, that as soon as it is discovered that he was refused based on forged documents they wont even bother to look at the new ones or listen to any excuses before they turn him back. Time for those who break the law and thus make things harder for genuine applicants to face their own music.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stuck In Brazil / How Do I Book An Appointment To Submit Uk Visa Form / Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.