Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,767 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

Gunmen Kidnap Evans Odibo Akponana, Shoot Security Guard Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Kidnap Evans Odibo Akponana, Shoot Security Guard Dead (24941 Views)

Nigerians React As Tinubu Says "Is Evans A Herdsman?" At Fasoranti's Home / ‘is Evans A Herdsman?’ — Tinubu Speaks On Murder Of Fasoranti’s Daughter / Borno Dwarf Security Guard Who Is Paid N5000 Per Suicide Bomb Attack Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Kidnap Evans Odibo Akponana, Shoot Security Guard Dead by Nksleek: 2:28am On Dec 15, 2019
Unknown gunmen on Thursday abducted Evans Odibo Akponana, a chieftain and former Ughelli North Local Government Area chairmanship candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC in Ughelli, Delta State.

According to an eyewitness, the Kidnappers laid ambush around his country home in Afiesere town awaiting his arrival and immediately opened fire at his vehicle which unfortunately hit his security guard.

Akponana tried to escape with bullet wounds he sustained but was overpowered by his abductors who absconded with him leaving behind the corpse of his murdered security guard and a frightened neighborhood.

Reports gathered revealed that the operation was a failed assassination attempt on the chieftain over a degenerated community issue bothering on having a constitution and opening a community bank account for accountability.

As at the time of filing the report, police officers have removed the corpse of the deceased security man.

The abductors of the chieftain reportedly established contact with the family demanding for a whopping #30m ransom.

Calls put across to the Ughelli Police Headquarters for comments were neither answered nor replied at press time.

Source: https://focusnaija.com.ng/2019/12/15/breaking-gunmen-abduct-apc-chieftain-shoot-security-guard-dead/

1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Evans Odibo Akponana, Shoot Security Guard Dead by Brandstudio01: 2:43am On Dec 15, 2019
What is really our problem in this country

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Evans Odibo Akponana, Shoot Security Guard Dead by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:48am On Dec 15, 2019
Too many Ammunitions across Naija

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Evans Odibo Akponana, Shoot Security Guard Dead by CharlotteFlair: 3:30am On Dec 15, 2019
Brandstudio01:
What is really our problem in this country
I guess branding, naija needs to rebrand.

This is a clear case of kidnapping, the community should not even be tempted to blame it on the community fued.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Evans Odibo Akponana, Shoot Security Guard Dead by ursullalinda(f): 3:42am On Dec 15, 2019
This is what happens when you make alot of ammunitions available all in the name of election.....the system is damn too porous.....RIP to the poor security guard hustling for survival

5 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Evans Odibo Akponana, Shoot Security Guard Dead by daddytime(m): 4:39am On Dec 15, 2019
Jeez...

My friend and roommate from The Netherlands?

Unbelievable shiit

Evans with this him community and youth fights sha

E don tey am for the matter.

I pray he comes out alive...

Very sad...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Evans Odibo Akponana, Shoot Security Guard Dead by jidamsel43(m): 4:59am On Dec 15, 2019
Nobody is safe in this country. Please anybody with Canadian Visa?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Evans Odibo Akponana, Shoot Security Guard Dead by VirginSearcher(m): 5:14am On Dec 15, 2019
Divide/restructure the country Northerners refuse.. Just watching you all

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Evans Odibo Akponana, Shoot Security Guard Dead by VirginSearcher(m): 5:14am On Dec 15, 2019
jidamsel43:
Nobody is safe in this country. Please anybody with Canadian Visa?
How much u go buy am,? cool

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Evans Odibo Akponana, Shoot Security Guard Dead by segebase(m): 5:24am On Dec 15, 2019
man I observe

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Evans Odibo Akponana, Shoot Security Guard Dead by Maxymilliano(m): 6:03am On Dec 15, 2019

Reports gathered revealed that the operation was a failed assassination attempt on the chieftain over a degenerated community issue bothering on having a constitution and opening a community bank account for accountability.

The abductors of the chieftain reportedly established contact with the family demanding for a whopping #30m ransom.

Will the 30M ransom resolved the issue of having a constitution that guides the community as well as bank account opening

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Evans Odibo Akponana, Shoot Security Guard Dead by helinues: 6:05am On Dec 15, 2019
undecided

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Evans Odibo Akponana, Shoot Security Guard Dead by jahsharon: 6:09am On Dec 15, 2019
Useless militants, continue killing yourselves, when you eventually wipe out your generations, then Fulanis will inherit your land

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Evans Odibo Akponana, Shoot Security Guard Dead by Criticaltemp: 7:42am On Dec 15, 2019
Politics of life and dead. The political sphere in nigeria is a case laden with fears, anxiety and lack of empathy for lives. Growing up, we'd always believed that if u join politics, then u must go through spiritual protections to live long. Nigeria is really a case.. I ask my self, will all these vices, evils, sacrifices, do or die affairs ever come to an end?.. I weep for my country

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Evans Odibo Akponana, Shoot Security Guard Dead by Sultty(m): 7:42am On Dec 15, 2019
God EPP us
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Evans Odibo Akponana, Shoot Security Guard Dead by englishmart(m): 7:42am On Dec 15, 2019
Nollywood la movie n'otre voir

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Evans Odibo Akponana, Shoot Security Guard Dead by Sweetcollins: 7:43am On Dec 15, 2019
Christmas on board
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Evans Odibo Akponana, Shoot Security Guard Dead by lonlytroy(m): 7:43am On Dec 15, 2019
RIP to the dead
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Evans Odibo Akponana, Shoot Security Guard Dead by Authoreety: 7:44am On Dec 15, 2019
Na him boys kidnapp am sooo

When you empower ur kinsmen with ammunition, this is what you get

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Evans Odibo Akponana, Shoot Security Guard Dead by Fredlongs(m): 7:47am On Dec 15, 2019
Evans the kidnapper VS Evans the kidnapped.
The guilty one is alive, the innocent, dead.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Evans Odibo Akponana, Shoot Security Guard Dead by MrSix: 7:48am On Dec 15, 2019
Nawa oh
The attacks are much this period.

Need US used laptops?
Check my signature and chat me up if you're in Lagos or Abuja
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Evans Odibo Akponana, Shoot Security Guard Dead by StrikeBack(m): 7:50am On Dec 15, 2019
Incase they fail to meet up with the ransom

Rip in advance
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Evans Odibo Akponana, Shoot Security Guard Dead by tstx(m): 7:51am On Dec 15, 2019
RIP
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Evans Odibo Akponana, Shoot Security Guard Dead by UnknownT: 7:52am On Dec 15, 2019
They called it assassination attempt but they ended up kidnapping and asking for ransom. Meaning they may still kill him after receiving the ransom cry

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Evans Odibo Akponana, Shoot Security Guard Dead by izge2008(m): 7:52am On Dec 15, 2019
[Thing's are going out of hand uote author=Nksleek post=84918694]Unknown gunmen on Thursday abducted Evans Odibo Akponana, a chieftain and former Ughelli North Local Government Area chairmanship candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC in Ughelli, Delta State.

According to an eyewitness, the Kidnappers laid ambush around his country home in Afiesere town awaiting his arrival and immediately opened fire at his vehicle which unfortunately hit his security guard.

Akponana tried to escape with bullet wounds he sustained but was overpowered by his abductors who absconded with him leaving behind the corpse of his murdered security guard and a frightened neighborhood.

As at the time of filing the report, police officers have removed the corpse of the deceased security man.

Calls put across to the Ughelli Police Headquarters for comments were neither answered nor replied at press time.

Source: https://focusnaija.com.ng/2019/12/15/breaking-gunmen-abduct-apc-chieftain-shoot-security-guard-dead/[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Evans Odibo Akponana, Shoot Security Guard Dead by tillaman(m): 7:52am On Dec 15, 2019
sad
RIP to the security guard yo!! He was just a security man he died trying to make a honest living, News like this saddens my heart I really wish this country can be better, I hope we get United someday and kick out the bad ones

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aba Vs Ibadan Development / Nigeria Ranks 22nd In Cheapest Petrol Prices Globally - Global Petrol Prices / Gokana LGA Rivers Under Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.