Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,243 members, 7,807,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

First African Voodo Captured On Video- Real Odi Eshi! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / First African Voodo Captured On Video- Real Odi Eshi! (3007 Views)

PHOTO: Cross Appeared In The Sky And Was Captured On Camera In New Mexico / Jesus Showed Me The Souls Of The Dead That Were Captured / Cannibalization Of Muslims In Jos On Video: Where Is Our Humanity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First African Voodo Captured On Video- Real Odi Eshi! by macjive01: 7:43am On Nov 28, 2010
http://www.newsrescue.com/2010/11/sword-stuck-through-mans-neck-in-nigerian-festival-voodoo-or-science/

check it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ochyXJe-KVc&feature=player_embedded

In this video the “magical sword” is apparently harmlessly and bloodlessly placed through a practitioners neck and he is paraded around the square.

These are the Ekpo of the Annang tribe from Afaha Obong, Abak, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria.

Later in the video another practitioner is seen also harmlessly, bloodlessly and apparently painlessly slicing through his arm and parading this.

The question is- how do we refer to these amazing feats? Do we limit them to the ‘occult’ a disparaging reference to superhuman feats, or do we recognize them as exemplary scientific feats on par with ‘western’ system scientific accomplishments and worthy of publication.

The African spiritualist, herbalist and traditionalists were the physicians that kept Africa thriving and surviving as the blooming population we know, up until the white man came along with very dangerous diseases(like Gonorrhea). They were sufficient and provided remedies for all diseases. They had ethic codes, therapy documents, conducted research, shared information and provided the public health education and information.

What is their role in the modern society? Is their valuable scientific expertise being ignored to our own detriment and irredeemable future loss.
Re: First African Voodo Captured On Video- Real Odi Eshi! by Seun(m): 7:48am On Nov 28, 2010
It's just magic, "the art of producing illusions as entertainment by the use of sleight of hand, deceptive devices, etc."
Re: First African Voodo Captured On Video- Real Odi Eshi! by macjive01: 7:57am On Nov 28, 2010
seun i dont agree with you on this, the act u saw is real, as real as it can get.

in Abia state , Ohafia , they perform even far more gruesome act and its real, pure voodoo!!
Re: First African Voodo Captured On Video- Real Odi Eshi! by halfcurrent(m): 8:11am On Nov 28, 2010
ahhhh! no comment,
Re: First African Voodo Captured On Video- Real Odi Eshi! by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 28, 2010
macjive01:

seun i dont agree with you on this, the act u saw is real, as real as it can get.

in Abia state , Ohafia , they perform even far more gruesome act and its real, pure voodoo!!
It's just a facade.the more you believe it,the more you think it's real.When the european came to benin,they arrested their oba with all his voodoo and sent him on exile.were the gods sleeping then ? Voodoo,juju is just a manipulation of the victim's mind
Re: First African Voodo Captured On Video- Real Odi Eshi! by Omenani(m): 8:34am On Nov 28, 2010
To all the nonbelievers, there are some things science cannot explain. I have seen such acts in Ohafia with my own eyes.
Re: First African Voodo Captured On Video- Real Odi Eshi! by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 28, 2010
Omenani:

To all the nonbelievers, there are some things science cannot explain. I have seen such acts in Ohafia with my own eyes.

Exactly,you may see it but it's just an illusion more like a virtual reality.
Re: First African Voodo Captured On Video- Real Odi Eshi! by Seun(m): 10:33am On Nov 28, 2010
I can explain the knife stuck in the man's neck from that video.  They took a normal knife and broke it into two.  Then they built an elastic contraption that presses the two knifes halves together on opposite sides of the man's neck.  That's why you have another man following the man around holding 'something' at the back of his neck.  That 'something is what's holding the two parts of the knife together.  That is all.

Ask yourself:
- Why does the other man have to follow the man with the knife in his neck?
- Why didn't we see clearly when the man was being stabbed with the knife?
Re: First African Voodo Captured On Video- Real Odi Eshi! by DapoBear(m): 10:39am On Nov 28, 2010
Didn't watch the video, but it is pretty easy to fake a lot of things. Take for example this guy being cut in half by a chainsaw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s30b3VDjVuQ
Re: First African Voodo Captured On Video- Real Odi Eshi! by violent(m): 11:20am On Nov 28, 2010
Ask yourself:
- Why does the other man have to follow the man with the knife in his neck?

The oracle told him to do so

- Why didn't we see clearly when the man was being stabbed with the knife?

The oracle didn't like the idea
Re: First African Voodo Captured On Video- Real Odi Eshi! by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 28, 2010
someone should post vids of david blaine and david copperfield in action - wonder what we will hear then cheesy cheesy
Re: First African Voodo Captured On Video- Real Odi Eshi! by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 28, 2010
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusionist

History

The term "magic" is etymologically derived from the Latin word magi, a term that was used to refer to Zoroastrians. Performances we would now recognize as conjuring have probably been practiced throughout history. The same level of ingenuity that was used to produce famous ancient deceptions such as the Trojan Horse would also have been used for entertainment, or at least for cheating in money games, since time immemorial. They were also used by various religions from times ancient, and were even known as far back as the early 17th century to be used to frighten uneducated populi. However, the profession of the illusionist gained strength only in the eighteenth century, and has enjoyed several popular vogues.

In 1584, Reginald Scot published The Discoverie of Witchcraft. [b]It was written in an attempt to show that witches did not exist, by exposing how (apparently miraculous) feats of magic were done[3]. [/b]The book is often deemed the first textbook about conjuring. All obtainable copies were burned on the accession of James I in 1603 and those remaining are now rare. It began to reappear in print in 1651.
Jean Eugène Robert-Houdin, the first modern magician

From 1756 to 1781, Jacob Philadelphia performed feats of magic, sometimes under the guise of scientific exhibitions, throughout Europe and in Russia. Modern entertainment magic owes much to Jean Eugène Robert-Houdin (1805–1871), originally a clockmaker, who opened a magic theatre in Paris in the 1840s. His speciality was the construction of mechanical automata which appeared to move and act as if they were alive. The British performer J N Maskelyne and his partner Cooke established their own theatre, the Egyptian Hall in London's Piccadilly, in 1873. They presented stage magic, exploiting the potential of the stage for hidden mechanisms and assistants, and the control it offers over the audience's point of view.

The model for the look of a 'typical' magician—a man with wavy hair,a top hat,a goatee, and a tailcoat—was Alexander Herrmann (February 10, 1844 – December 17, 1896), also known as Herrmann the Great. Herrmann was a French magician and was part of the Herrmann family name that is the "first-family of magic". Those who witnessed Herrmann the Great perform considered him the greatest magician they ever saw.
The Conjurer, 1475-1480, by Hieronymus Bosch. Note that the man in the back row is stealing another man's purse. He is also applying misdirection by looking up at the sky to misdirect the audience from his actions. The artist has even misdirected us from the thief, because we are drawn to the magician.

The escapologist and magician Harry Houdini took his stage name from Robert-Houdin and developed a range of stage magic tricks, many of them based on what became known after his death as escapology. The son of a Hungarian rabbi, Houdini was genuinely skilled in techniques such as lockpicking and escaping straitjackets, but also made full use of the range of conjuring techniques, including fake equipment and collusion with individuals in the audience. Houdini's show business savvy was great as well as his performance skill. There is a Houdini Museum dedicated to him in Scranton, Pennsylvania.

As a form of entertainment, magic easily moved from theatrical venues to television specials, which opened up new opportunities for deceptions, and brought stage magic to huge audiences. Famous magicians of the 20th century included Okito, Alexander, Harry Blackstone Sr., Harry Blackstone Jr., Howard Thurston, Theodore Annemann, Cardini, Joseph Dunninger, Tommy Wonder, Siegfried & Roy, and Doug Henning. Popular 20th and 21st century magicians include David Copperfield, Lance Burton, James Randi, Penn and Teller, David Blaine, and Criss Angel. Most TV magicians perform before a live audience, who provide the remote viewer with a reassurance that the illusions are not obtained with post-production visual effects.

Many of the principles of stage magic are old. There is an expression, "it's all done with smoke and mirrors", used to explain something baffling, but effects seldom use mirrors today, due to the amount of install[b]ation work and transport difficulties. For example, the famous Pepper's Ghost, a stage illusion first used in 19th-century London, required a specially built theatre. Modern performers have vanished objects as large as the Taj Mahal, the Statue of Liberty, and a space shuttle, using other kinds of optical deceptions[/b].
Re: First African Voodo Captured On Video- Real Odi Eshi! by cogicero: 5:37pm On Nov 28, 2010
see this 'magic' video too. all u need is pressure on the plastic bottle. it could impress some villagers

[flash=480,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8pyy7DKi1E[/flash]
Re: First African Voodo Captured On Video- Real Odi Eshi! by MaiSuya(m): 6:43pm On Nov 28, 2010
jut wondering. . .how do you define magic anyway? or voodoo? or odieshii? a phenomenon that defies any rational explanation? which means if it can eventually be explained, it ceases to be magic, rit?
Re: First African Voodo Captured On Video- Real Odi Eshi! by tpia5: 4:37am On Nov 29, 2010
Re: First African Voodo Captured On Video- Real Odi Eshi! by Mudley313: 1:34pm On Nov 30, 2010
if anyone of you have visited both western and african museums and see the contrast in body armaments for war, you'd understand why we still remain in the dark, as evidenced from the OP and people who believe in all these primitive crap. while you see evolving innovations in body armaments, from old barbaric germanic tribes to that of medieval time, all you see in the naija museum is different assortments of odeshi, jazz, otumokpo for body armor. guess who was able to conquer who in the long run; the one who used his brain and not my overtly superstitious forefathers who relied on the same delusions that continue to draw back my brothers and sisters back home
Re: First African Voodo Captured On Video- Real Odi Eshi! by UyiIredia(m): 3:53pm On Nov 30, 2010
@ Mudley >>> "the problem with you is that you are are a part of the problem" - Uyi Iredia
Re: First African Voodo Captured On Video- Real Odi Eshi! by Kay17: 4:18pm On Nov 30, 2010
I feel about the same way. If this so called voodoo/jazz is real, wouldn't it be obvious?

It more or less has a cure-all effect.
Re: First African Voodo Captured On Video- Real Odi Eshi! by VALIDATOR: 2:20pm On Dec 01, 2010
Some people actually fall for this?No wonder the sharp guys called pastors are able to collect 10+x % of you monthly income while you smile to drop it for them.
@seun,oyb and dapobear,
thank you for the posts.you guys made me to feel there may still be hope for Nigeria.

@OP,how will you feel if you witness levitation and disappearing objects including something as large as The Statue of Liberty?Yet we know it's no voodoo. Just tricks for entertainment.
Re: First African Voodo Captured On Video- Real Odi Eshi! by Sweetnecta: 4:18pm On Dec 01, 2010
And the Machete cutting into the bicep is simply the collapsed part that will like accordion retracts under some pressure.

In the days when Africa was oppressed, it these things were real, why did the oppressors had their ways with the people, the voodoo people were no spared of humiliation, including arrest, and even killing them just to proof them powerless, and that the masses could be held captives?

Even now, what benefit can the voodoo provide? If the man with the fake neck stab is confronted right there by any of us to the fact that we will believe it if only we can stab him ourselves with our own weapon, you will see the organizers and the man himself saying No, no. LOL> Am laughing in Efik. grin
Re: First African Voodo Captured On Video- Real Odi Eshi! by Mudley313: 6:37pm On Dec 02, 2010
Uyi Iredia:

@ Mudley >>> "the problem with you is that you are are a part of the problem" - Uyi Iredia

so every thread i post in your have to reply to my every post to the point that you even had to compose a poem for me. oboy, you have taken the word stalking to a whole noda level
Re: First African Voodo Captured On Video- Real Odi Eshi! by UyiIredia(m): 5:14pm On Dec 15, 2010
Mudley313:

i deserve to be spanked when i repeatedly associate myself with idiocy

okay
Re: First African Voodo Captured On Video- Real Odi Eshi! by UyiIredia(m): 6:04pm On Dec 15, 2010
@ toba >>> GIF Soup
Re: First African Voodo Captured On Video- Real Odi Eshi! by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 16, 2010
there's a Tv series called 'MAGIC'S BIGGEST SECRETS FINALLY REVEALED', you can google that out on youtube and watch, you'll be surprise at the magnitude of revelations being revealed by an ex-magician. Don't get brain washed
Re: First African Voodo Captured On Video- Real Odi Eshi! by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:11pm On Dec 16, 2010
ROTFLMAO
grin grin grin
Re: First African Voodo Captured On Video- Real Odi Eshi! by UyiIredia(m): 12:24pm On Dec 17, 2010
who com delete my post >>> show yourself
Re: First African Voodo Captured On Video- Real Odi Eshi! by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 17, 2010
same question i asked on the complaint thread. U have to re post that cartoon right now. It makes sense

(1) (Reply)

Atheist Are Right After All.my Eyes Have Open!!! / President Of China’s Comment On Africa And Religion / God Gives And Satan Take Away Vs God Gives And Take Away!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.