Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,430 members, 7,808,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

Abubakar Malami: I Can't Ask DSS To Free Sowore - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abubakar Malami: I Can't Ask DSS To Free Sowore (21522 Views)

Stop Spreading Fake News, Isaac Fayose Blasts Peter Obi, Ask DSS To Arrest Him / Malami: I Didn’t Buy ₦300 Million Abuja House For My Son / Malami: "I Deliberately Referred To Abacha Loot As "Abacha's Assets" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abubakar Malami: I Can't Ask DSS To Free Sowore by Buddy247: 8:25pm On Dec 16, 2019
The Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Abubakar Malami, on Monday, indicated that he could not ask the Department of State Service to release Omoyele Sowore from custody.

The minister said in the statement that he could not take a unilateral decision on the release of Sowore without recourse to the court, where the ‘RevolutionNow’ protests convener and his co-defendant, Olawale Bakare, are being prosecuted on charges of treasonable felony, among others.

This is contained in a statement by his Special Assistant on Media and Public Relations, Dr. Umar Gwandu, who stated that Malami was reacting to “the claim that a lawyer sent a letter to the AGF requesting the release of Mr. Sowore”.

The statement appeared to be a veiled reference to the letter by Sowore’s lawyer, Mr. Femi Falana (SAN), sent to the AGF on Friday to demand the release of the convener of ‘RevolutionNow’ protests from the custody of the DSS.

Falana’s letter dated December 13, 2019, reported by The PUNCH on Monday followed the Friday’s announcement by the AGF office that it had taken over the prosecution of the Sahara Reporters’ publisher and Bakare from the DSS.

The AGF’s takeover of the case was informed by the widely condemned invasion of the Federal High Court in Abuja by the operatives of the DSS to rearrest Sowore on December 6.

Falana who heads the defence team of the two men informed Malami that Sowore had, since his rearrest on December 6, been kept in the DSS custody without the backing of any detention order of court or arrest warrant.

He stated that his letter became necessary after two lawyers in the team visited the DSS headquarters in Abuja to demand Sowore’s release but were advised to direct their request to Malami.

In a terse statement making a veiled reference to Falana’s letter on Monday, Malami said in the statement issued by Gwandu, “When parties submit their issues for determination to a court of law, they lack exclusivity of decision over such issues without recourse to the court.”

“We remain guided by the established tradition and will not take unilateral decision without recourse to the rule of law,” he added.

The same court, the Federal High Court in Abuja, where Sowore and Bakare were charged, has granted bail to the two of them.

But the order for the release of Sowore was snubbed by the secret police organisation whose operatives’ violently re-arrested him barely 24 hours of releasing him from detention that lasted over four months.

The two men were arrested over their call for ‘RevolutionNow’ protests with the DSS accusing them of attempting to overthrow the regime of the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/i-cant-ask-dss-to-release-sowore-says-malami/amp/

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Malami: I Can't Ask DSS To Free Sowore by paradigmshift(m): 5:12am On Dec 17, 2019
What do you expect from a shithole n dustbin country

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Malami: I Can't Ask DSS To Free Sowore by Abboki: 5:12am On Dec 17, 2019
Re: Abubakar Malami: I Can't Ask DSS To Free Sowore by Henrygreat212(m): 5:13am On Dec 17, 2019
Smh
Re: Abubakar Malami: I Can't Ask DSS To Free Sowore by YoungLionken(m): 5:14am On Dec 17, 2019
It takes grace to make power,but brain is needed in order to make it function well,while it lasts.

Buhari, shame on you!

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Malami: I Can't Ask DSS To Free Sowore by sped1oro(m): 5:14am On Dec 17, 2019
In
Re: Abubakar Malami: I Can't Ask DSS To Free Sowore by lazarusokafor90(m): 5:14am On Dec 17, 2019
There is only one solution to all of this!

5 Likes

Re: Abubakar Malami: I Can't Ask DSS To Free Sowore by Abalado(f): 5:15am On Dec 17, 2019
But you can ask them to rearrest him,, tyrants and hypocrite,,,,though I can't blame u people, let Sowore face the consequence alone, his part of the campaigners for ur government then, so let him face it, the rest of the campaigners should be ready to be arrested also, especially on this forum(nairaland).......good day

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abubakar Malami: I Can't Ask DSS To Free Sowore by Hokage001(m): 5:15am On Dec 17, 2019
Nigeria is Just One Big Pile Of Shit #DHA_DRAMA_NEVER_ENDS

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abubakar Malami: I Can't Ask DSS To Free Sowore by Abalado(f): 5:15am On Dec 17, 2019
lazarusokafor90:
There is only one solution to all of this!
what is it?

3 Likes

Re: Abubakar Malami: I Can't Ask DSS To Free Sowore by Flier: 5:16am On Dec 17, 2019
We all know Buhari is the only solution to this problem,I don’t know why the lawyers and judges can not boycott court
And I wonder why they are still hearing cases if the government won’t follow the rule of law

4 Likes

Re: Abubakar Malami: I Can't Ask DSS To Free Sowore by Bringback9ja: 5:16am On Dec 17, 2019
Don't tell DSS to release him.

Just tell DSS to obey court order

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abubakar Malami: I Can't Ask DSS To Free Sowore by vibbb: 5:17am On Dec 17, 2019
But the same court, the Federal High Court in Abuja, where Sowore and Bakare were charged, has granted bail to them.

The minister said in the statement that he could not take a unilateral decision on the release of Sowore without recourse to the court.

All they need is to obey court order.

9 Likes

Re: Abubakar Malami: I Can't Ask DSS To Free Sowore by futurism: 5:18am On Dec 17, 2019
I said it before and I will say it again... Buhari is not letting Sowore out till 2023 Except the Yoruba people demand for it in unison.

How can that man be releasing Bokoharam and incarcerating Sowore? Does that make sense?

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Malami: I Can't Ask DSS To Free Sowore by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:18am On Dec 17, 2019
The two men were arrested over their call for ‘RevolutionNow’ protests with the DSS accusing them of attempting to overthrow the regime of the President, l Muhammadu Buhari.

Quoted from allafrica.com

https://allafrica.com/stories/201908090504.html

There have been prepoderance of opinion on the call for revolution depending on the side of political divide you belong to.
I was even shocked and disappointed to see eminent lawyers and respected Nigerians backing Sowore's call for a revolution.
I had to doube check the dictionary to see again the meaning of revolution.According to Wikipedia In political science, a revolution (Latin: revolutio, "a turn around"wink is a fundamental and relatively sudden change in political power and political organization which occurs when the population revolts against the government, typically due to perceived oppression (political, social, economic) or political incompetence.

So in essence, Sowore was calling for a forceful change of government and what exactly was he expecting?
That the presidency will sit down and watch him or was he expecting a love letter from the presidency or security agencies. Any responsible government anywhere in the world will not fold its hands and watch its stay in power threatened.

END OF QUOTE.

Have a nice day everyone.
It's been a very busy month of Barbecue from all of us @.
Almost every single day of the month booked already!
Oh la la! cheesy

To God be the Glory, great things he has done!

See y'all sometime again soon.

Merry Christmas in advance to all good and sane Nigerians, wailers alike!
*winks*
wink wink

batstan:

winkSame to y'all
Thanku so much Bastan.
We miss you bro! kiss

contigiency:

Boycott the court for a man who said that he doesn't care whatever any judge will tell him about the rule of law for the actions he was about to take? In fact, that the chief justice will be among those he was coming to chase out.

You people should be reasonable and stop this wrong thinking. I know you may be seeing some wrong things in this government, but do you think that if this Sowore was among those given appointment in this same government, he will agree with you today that anything is wrong with it?. Even you will not be different.
We read the interview back then, it was shocking!

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Abubakar Malami: I Can't Ask DSS To Free Sowore by lazarusokafor90(m): 5:18am On Dec 17, 2019
Abalado:
what is it?
I don't need to spell it out. Just go read about what is happening in iraq right now. You'll understand better.

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Malami: I Can't Ask DSS To Free Sowore by Spatta: 5:18am On Dec 17, 2019
He obviously can't, because this has been the agenda of the North, They cannot stand an intelligent opposition against their mediocrity, It was a deliberate persecution, There is a deliberate gang up to keep Sowore By the new "Colonial regime" of the Hausa diatribe, The tribe that wants to hold on to Power appointing all the Dullards in the country in enviable position to suppress and oppress the intelligent Tribes
They are scared to death about the way Sowore is enlightening the masses, Their option was to kill him by first incarcerating him and silence him for ever so that No one will be able to oppose their ineptitude and corruption.

To think that this is also a Lawyer, exposed how bad Nigeria educational system had fallen, his appointments is obviously not on merit but the usual Nepotism , where in the world does a Nation ignore their best to appoint a Mediocre who knows nothing about the Rule of Law?
Only In my country

Last week one other of the fellow was saying they should adjust the constitution to accommodate Sharia in a secular state
You can imagine what the future holds with all these miscreants who aught to be herdsmen yet honored by a man who does not even have a Certificate except a an affidavit of Nepa Bill and a WAEC had to give him a certificate 60 Years after to confirm how bad we have fallen with reputation
His interview confirms that he took up the case to do the bidding of The "Military Dictator" Punch , to keep Sowore in perceptual incarceration against the Law
If two Judges had seen no reason to hold him by granting him bail three times, A mediocre will prove he does not know what the Law is by incarcerating him until they kill him which has been their plans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s30lrpvVoME

11 Likes

Re: Abubakar Malami: I Can't Ask DSS To Free Sowore by Ijaya123: 5:19am On Dec 17, 2019
The government keep making Sowore more and more popular by the day. If he has been release as ordered by the court, nobody will be talking about the guy by now.

The people in government forgets that power is transcient.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abubakar Malami: I Can't Ask DSS To Free Sowore by RealTrump: 5:19am On Dec 17, 2019
Na so
Re: Abubakar Malami: I Can't Ask DSS To Free Sowore by chukwuemekafran(m): 5:20am On Dec 17, 2019
Zombies can now see the version of goat they are supporting

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Malami: I Can't Ask DSS To Free Sowore by chrisxxx(m): 5:21am On Dec 17, 2019
Sowore's Change has metamorphosed ironically into Chain.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Malami: I Can't Ask DSS To Free Sowore by Abalado(f): 5:21am On Dec 17, 2019
futurism:
I said it before and I will say it again... Buhari is not letting Sowore out till 2023 Except the Yoruba people demand for it in unison.

How can that man be releasing Bokoharam and incarcerating Sowore? Does that make sense?
just imagine, this is one of the reasons why they bringing out the issue of hate speech or whatever bcs if their evil plans so that no one will against them, but they should always remember that Abacha was not alive today, I believe they know the story so far......

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Malami: I Can't Ask DSS To Free Sowore by luphitay: 5:22am On Dec 17, 2019
Affordable UK used laptops are readily available

Re: Abubakar Malami: I Can't Ask DSS To Free Sowore by lexy2014: 5:22am On Dec 17, 2019
vibbb:
The minister said in the statement that he could not take a unilateral decision on the release of Sowore without recourse to the court,

Even after d courts have ordered Sowores release

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Malami: I Can't Ask DSS To Free Sowore by ArmaniUhuru: 5:22am On Dec 17, 2019
Old man, just tell those touts to obey the already served judgement.

By 2023, Buhari will blame his failure on Sowore.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Malami: I Can't Ask DSS To Free Sowore by Abalado(f): 5:24am On Dec 17, 2019
lazarusokafor90:

I don't need to spell it out. Just go read about what is happening in iraq right now. You'll understand better.
so u self ure scared of the hate speech bill,,, lol,,, my brother talk, nothing will happen, they can't do anything, say ur mind, God pass them, please expanciate more on ur point

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Malami: I Can't Ask DSS To Free Sowore by jaxxy(m): 5:24am On Dec 17, 2019
So Dss is above the law and courts? That’s what we’ve been saying.
Re: Abubakar Malami: I Can't Ask DSS To Free Sowore by lexy2014: 5:24am On Dec 17, 2019
[quote author= post=84976820][/quote]

"The two men were arrested over their call for ‘RevolutionNow’ protests with the DSS accusing them of attempting to overthrow the regime of the President, l Muhammadu Buhari."

Am sure d courts were well aware of these accusations b4 they ordered their release

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Malami: I Can't Ask DSS To Free Sowore by chrisxxx(m): 5:26am On Dec 17, 2019
Abalado:
just imagine, this is one of the reasons why they bringing out the issue of hate speech or whatever bcs if their evil plans so that no one will against them, but they should always remember that Abacha was not alive today, I believe they know the story so far......
There is hardly any northerner who does not support Buhari in this draconic and brutal regime. This shows that it is an orchestrated scheme against south.
Re: Abubakar Malami: I Can't Ask DSS To Free Sowore by Homers123(m): 5:28am On Dec 17, 2019
Ogun kill him.
Re: Abubakar Malami: I Can't Ask DSS To Free Sowore by Randy100: 5:29am On Dec 17, 2019
Nigeria citizens are so docile. All over the world, protest is used to send message to the government.

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Malami: I Can't Ask DSS To Free Sowore by traihit: 5:31am On Dec 17, 2019
Abalado:
But you can ask them to rearrest him,, tyrants and hypocrite,,,,though I can't blame u people, let Sowore face the consequence alone, his part of the campaigners for ur government then, so let him face it, the rest of the campaigners should be ready to be arrested also, especially on this forum(nairaland).......good day

This your assertion has become overused already. The point now is not whether somebody campaign for the present administration or not, the point is that what is happening to Sowore is a tip of the icebergs of what can happen to you if you do a bit of what Sowore did to warrant his attention from this government. Nigeria is suffering because of bad leadership and we still keep blaming the people that campaign for them in the first tenure? It's a step backward rather than forward. The only thing Nigerians should do now is to stand together for themselves.

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amina J. Mohammed As Profiled By The United Nations / Nigeria Abstains, As 49 AU Members Sign Free Trade Pact / Sanwo-Olu: Traffic Will Now Improve Around Allen Avenue, Maryland, Ikotun Axes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.