Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,785 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

Safety Precautions To Observe When Jacking Up Your Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Safety Precautions To Observe When Jacking Up Your Car (8941 Views)

Nigerians React To The Viral Video Of A Man Jacking Off Inside A Public Bus / Warning Lights To Observe On The Dashboard. / Precautions To Take Before Buying New Car Spare Parts. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Safety Precautions To Observe When Jacking Up Your Car by AutoJoshNG: 12:25am On Dec 17, 2019
There are several reasons why one would want to jack up a vehicle. Some of it include changing a flat/bad tyre, carrying out a schedule maintenance, troubleshooting a fault, etc. So, for whatever reason that will warrant you to jack your car, you have to do it safely. Safety first!!!

There are some safety precautions you should keep to avoid personal injury and damage to car.
When jacking your car, be sure to observe the following to reduce the possibility of death or serious injury

1. Follow jacking instructions recommended by your vehicle manufacturer.

2. Do not put any part of your body under the vehicle supported by the jack. Personal injury may occur.

3. Do not start or run the engine while your vehicle is supported by the jack.

4. Stop the vehicle on a level firm ground, firmly set the parking brake and put the transmission in “P” (automatic) or reverse (Manual). Block the wheels on the opposite side of the jack up point if necessary.

5. Make sure too set the jack properly in the jack point. Raising the vehicle with jack improperly positioned will damage the vehicle or may allow the vehicle to fall off the jack and cause personal injury.

6. Never get under the vehicle when vehicle is supported by the jack alone; use vehicle support stands.

7. Do not raise the vehicle with someone in the vehicle. Commercial drivers in Nigeria hardly keep to this.

8. When raising the vehicle, do not place any objects on top of or underneath the jack. Most Nigerians are guilty of this.

9. Do not use inferior jack. You may end up getting more than you bargained for. This may be harm to oneself or damage to vehicle.

We hope this helps. Kindly like, rate and share. We would still appreciate if you have a contribution to make in the comment section.
https://autojosh.com/safety-precautions-jacking-car/

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Safety Precautions To Observe When Jacking Up Your Car by jerryunit48: 12:34am On Dec 17, 2019
Autojosh Threads are very predictable
Re: Safety Precautions To Observe When Jacking Up Your Car by Nobody: 7:10am On Dec 17, 2019
Who get time to use jack?
Just call 3 of ur friends to jack the car from behind and fix the damn tyre.

2 Likes

Re: Safety Precautions To Observe When Jacking Up Your Car by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:10am On Dec 17, 2019
Good thread as usual from Autojosh!

Thanks for this OP.

It came in handy.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Safety Precautions To Observe When Jacking Up Your Car by Gwagone: 7:10am On Dec 17, 2019
We know
Re: Safety Precautions To Observe When Jacking Up Your Car by ursullalinda(f): 7:11am On Dec 17, 2019
Thanks OP.....but I will never jack my car myself.....I never wan kpai
Re: Safety Precautions To Observe When Jacking Up Your Car by UnitedNigeriaUN: 7:12am On Dec 17, 2019
Autojosh and useful information are 5 & 6.

Not some dead meat Seller spewing zombiestic trash from thread to thread.

1 Like

Re: Safety Precautions To Observe When Jacking Up Your Car by andrew12(m): 7:12am On Dec 17, 2019
tongue
Re: Safety Precautions To Observe When Jacking Up Your Car by Appswheel(m): 7:12am On Dec 17, 2019
Value adding. Well done

1 Like

Re: Safety Precautions To Observe When Jacking Up Your Car by obojememe: 7:14am On Dec 17, 2019
i don’t have a car yet, nice post OP
Re: Safety Precautions To Observe When Jacking Up Your Car by Kpilo101: 7:15am On Dec 17, 2019
The only good thing Nigeria police has done to me is to help me jack my car with theirs on kaduna abuja highway to change my busted tire. always have a good jack.....

1 Like

Re: Safety Precautions To Observe When Jacking Up Your Car by id4sho(m): 7:17am On Dec 17, 2019
Reverse Gear for Manual
Now I know, assemble here.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Safety Precautions To Observe When Jacking Up Your Car by XOGBADO(m): 7:19am On Dec 17, 2019
jerryunit48:
Autojosh Threads are very predictable

Give us an unpredictable thread please sad

2 Likes

Re: Safety Precautions To Observe When Jacking Up Your Car by money121(m): 7:26am On Dec 17, 2019
Nice one
Re: Safety Precautions To Observe When Jacking Up Your Car by verifiablefacts: 7:26am On Dec 17, 2019
ursullalinda:
Thanks OP.....but I will never jack my car myself.....I never wan kpai
but you can advice whoever is jacking for ya

2 Likes

Re: Safety Precautions To Observe When Jacking Up Your Car by Dobson43: 7:26am On Dec 17, 2019
wink
Re: Safety Precautions To Observe When Jacking Up Your Car by Nobody: 7:51am On Dec 17, 2019
4. Stop the vehicle on a level firm ground, firmly set the parking brake and put the transmission in “P” (automatic) or reverse (Manual). Block the wheels on the opposite side of the jack up point if necessary.

Reverse and or gear 2 for manual.
Hope they do the same work?
Re: Safety Precautions To Observe When Jacking Up Your Car by oyeb15: 8:01am On Dec 17, 2019
Don't steer your wheels when your car is on a jack. It will propel d car to fall off d jack.

1 Like

Re: Safety Precautions To Observe When Jacking Up Your Car by solutionist: 8:11am On Dec 17, 2019
Nice one.
Re: Safety Precautions To Observe When Jacking Up Your Car by ursullalinda(f): 8:29am On Dec 17, 2019
verifiablefacts:

but you can advice whoever is jacking for ya

Sure
Re: Safety Precautions To Observe When Jacking Up Your Car by Tunyx01: 8:47am On Dec 17, 2019
obojememe:
i don’t have a car yet, nice post OP

May God provide for us.
Re: Safety Precautions To Observe When Jacking Up Your Car by Legendguru: 5:16pm On Dec 17, 2019
Oh

(1) (Reply)

2004-2005 Nissan Maxima; Why Is There So Many Neat Ones For Sale? / Changing Oil Filter And Fuel Filter At Same Time / Between China And Tokunbo Tyres.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.