Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,667 members, 7,801,923 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? (5309 Views)

Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal / Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE / Supreme Council On Islamic Affairs Condemn Nigeria’s Stand On Palestine Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by igbobuigbo: 10:24pm On Nov 28, 2010
What does Nigeria stand to lose if the SW goes regional?
Lagos is no more the capital of Nigeria so there will not be any direct threat to the seat of govt
If the ports are threatened by, say OPC, the feds will either open up the eastern ports or send the military to wipe out OPC
If the international airport in Lagos is threatened, there are others in Abuja, P.H. and the new one in Enugu
If the SW goes regional, it means more free positions for the igbos and others grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
It also means less federal govt patronage (roads, bridges, etc) for the SW
They get only the paltry federal allocation
Plus the matter of hunger they will face if they are overly antagonistic to the North which supplies 100% cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy of the food in the SW
Abuja has nothing to lose if the SW decides to play Awo politics of seclusion.
They can even secede if they want. The Igbo will not fight to bring them back.

The earlier the better.

Again, the question: What will Nigeria (minus the SW) lose if the SW goes regional? I ask this question because I have been reading lately where they seem to be boastful about going regional.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by Omenani(m): 10:26pm On Nov 28, 2010
I can only see a plus. Let the West go regional.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by fstranger: 10:31pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbobuigbo:

What does Nigeria stand to lose if the SW goes regional?
Lagos is no more the capital of Nigeria so there will not be any direct threat to the seat of govt
If the ports are threatened by, say OPC, the feds will either open up the eastern ports or send the military to wipe out OPC
If the international airport in Lagos is threatened, there are others in Abuja, P.H. and the new one in Enugu
If the SW goes regional, it means more free positions for the igbos and others grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
It also means less federal govt patronage (roads, bridges, etc) for the SW
They get only the paltry federal allocation
Abuja has nothing to lose if the SW decides to play Awo politics of seclusion.
They can even secede if they want. They Igbo will not fight to bring them back.

The earlier the better.

What a childish way to reason!
I pity your wife and children, hope they are not as stupi.d as you are

Your parents must be ashamed of you.
IS THIS ALL YOU CAN COME UP WITH? *SMH*
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by bkbabe97y(m): 10:34pm On Nov 28, 2010
I always say:

The single greatest achievement of the Ibo man is his uncanny ability to brainwash his offspring with false tales about the Yorubas!

You guys are insane!
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by igbobuigbo: 10:36pm On Nov 28, 2010
What will Nigeria (minus the SW) lose if the SW goes regional? I ask this question because I have been reading lately where they seem to be boastful about going regional.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by DapoBear(m): 10:44pm On Nov 28, 2010
You sort of misunderstand things. We don't really care about achieving presidency anytime soon. However, the SS, SE and North all want it pretty badly and will have to spend political capital to achieve this. We on the other hand have less interest in this, and so can keep our powder dry, so to speak. And spend this political capital elsewhere.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by AloyEmeka8: 10:46pm On Nov 28, 2010
[size=18pt]BecomeRich.[/size]
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by igbobuigbo: 10:46pm On Nov 28, 2010
DapoBear:

You sort of misunderstand things. We don't really care about achieving presidency anytime soon. However, the SS, SE and North all want it pretty badly and will have to spend political capital to achieve this. We on the other hand have less interest in this, and so can keep our powder dry, so to speak. And spend this political capital elsewhere.

It is not that you do not want it. It is because you know you cannot have it in the nearest future having had it for 8 years a few years back. So stop massaging your ego.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by AloyEmeka8: 10:47pm On Nov 28, 2010
fstranger:

What a childish way to reason!
I pity your wife and children, hope they are not as stupi.d as you are

Your parents must be ashamed of you.
IS THIS ALL YOU CAN COME UP WITH? *SMH*

GBAM GBAM.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by DapoBear(m): 10:57pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbobuigbo:

It is not that you do not want it. It is because you know you cannot have it in the nearest future having had it for 8 years a few years back. So stop massaging your ego.

Me personally? I'm not much interested in it for us, at least at this point in time. As you say, it might also be too expensive to attain. But that is sort of irrelevant to my point. Just because something costs X and you only have Y dollars doesn't mean you cannot loan the Y dollars to someone else who badly, badly wants this item. And if you do this properly, you can turn your Y dollars into a lot more than that. . .
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by igbobuigbo: 10:59pm On Nov 28, 2010
DapoBear:

Me personally?

You ke? Who you be grin grin grin grin
Talking of the SW. They only make the noise of regionalism now because no Yoruba is in contention for the presidency.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by Abagworo(m): 11:03pm On Nov 28, 2010
@poster.I do not understand if you lack the ability to comprehend the necessary pedantisism  of the merits in regional political liberation.It should be an envious feat to any sane being.I opposed Ohaneze's endorsement decision greatly because of their inability to co-ordinate Igbos into a regional political platform from which their impact can be felt politically.kudos to my Southwest brothers for liberating themselves.Oyo and Ogun will experience backwardness while a new sense of direction will exist in other SW states.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by DapoBear(m): 11:05pm On Nov 28, 2010
I think Yoruba in general are pretty regionalist. If you think about it, the people in Nigeria who are not regionalists and who spend a lot of time in lands or concerned about lands not their own have good reason for doing this. Their home territory sucks smiley

Fortunately, God has blessed Yorubaland. Hence our regionalism.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by fstranger: 11:06pm On Nov 28, 2010
Abagworo:

@poster.I do not understand if you lack the ability to comprehend the necessary pedantisism  of the merits in regional political liberation.It should be an envious feat to any sane being.I opposed Ohaneze's endorsement decision greatly because of their inability to co-ordinate Igbos into a regional political platform from which their impact can be felt politically.kudos to my Southwest brothers for liberating themselves.Oyo and Ogun will experience backwardness while a new sense of direction will exist in other SW states.

Gbam!
I admire your courage and intellect, brother
You are a true Igbo, not Ibo like the OP
May God continue to bless you.
I could not have said it better!
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by igbobuigbo: 11:06pm On Nov 28, 2010
Abagworo:

Believe yourself and you believe anything.
You oppose Ohaneze's endorsement of Jonathan
You oppose Atiku and Igbo VP (and potential presidency in 2015 or 2019)
Where do you belong? Are you a bat, not bird, not mammal?

Tell the SW to produce a president today and you will see them sing anti-regionalism
Ask yourself why they claim Obasanjo is now Igbo. Shine you eyes, because e be like say you dey blind.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by Omenani(m): 11:07pm On Nov 28, 2010
A region that cannot feed itself? The North showed the SW that they need the North or they will starve.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by DapoBear(m): 11:09pm On Nov 28, 2010
Omenani:

A region that cannot feed itself? The North showed the SW that they need the North or they will starve.
You, in the SE accusing another land of not being able to feed itself?

Haba!
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by aljharem(m): 11:09pm On Nov 28, 2010
abargworo and aloy-emeka have earn my respect  cool cool

any tread with hem in it i would not insult igbo cool
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by jason12345: 11:09pm On Nov 28, 2010
Omenani:

regionalism is different from secession
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by Abagworo(m): 11:10pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbobuigbo:

Talking of the SW. They only make the noise of regionalism now because no Yoruba is in contention for the presidency.

You see where Ohaneze's strategy might fail us.If the ACN finally adopts Buhari and just like is being rumored,a South-Westerner becomes his running mate,PDP will lose North and SW which forms the majority of our population.What this means is that

1)The ACN has gone federal

2)The SW still has chances of producing the President immediately after Buhari.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by Blazay(m): 11:11pm On Nov 28, 2010
What kind of question is this? undecided
They are already mentally-regional.
Who needs their physical presence?

Think in the area of metaphysics please.
The SW has always been regional and anti-Nigerian.

Name one policy of cohesion implemented by any South Westerner in the Nigerian government.

From October Ist 1960.

Just one.

I am not holding my breath on that account.

O ye men of little faith.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by aljharem(m): 11:13pm On Nov 28, 2010
Blazay:

Name one policy of cohesion implemented by any South Westerner in the Nigerian government.

From October Ist 1960.

J[b]ust one.

O ye men of little faith.[/b]
grin grin
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by fstranger: 11:14pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbobuigbo:

[b]You oppose Atiku and Igbo VP (and potential presidency in 2015 or 2019)[/b]Where do you belong? Are you a bat, not bird, not mammal?

Tell the SW to produce a president today and you will see them sing anti-regionalism
Ask yourself why they claim Obasanjo is now Igbo. Shine you eyes, because e be like say you dey blind.
If Igbos want to produce the president in 2015, then a VP slot in 2011 is an antithesis to that
Unless you understand that, you will continue to be frustrated with Nigeria politics.
Politics is a game of chess and number
The more, the better
The better organised you are, the easier it is to achieve your collective goal.

The north are doing it perfectly, using religion as a rallying point
And the SW is doing it somewhat, gradually

The Igbos will continue to be left behind if people like you continue to think the way you do.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by DapoBear(m): 11:15pm On Nov 28, 2010
Abagworo:

You see where Ohaneze's strategy might fail us.If the ACN finally adopts Buhari and just like is being rumored,a South-Westerner becomes his running mate,PDP will lose North and SW which forms the majority of our population.What this means is that

I'd like for us to find a better outcome/ally than Buhari, to be honest  undecided I don't like the guy at all. Still, you have to be pragmatic in Nigeria.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by fstranger: 11:20pm On Nov 28, 2010
Blazay:

From October Ist 1960.
Just one.
O ye men of little faith.
It was a Yoruba man who single handedly stopped the disintegration of Nigeria, by stopping the civil war promptly

1 Like

Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by igbobuigbo: 11:22pm On Nov 28, 2010
Abagworo:

So you already believe Buhari will win? How many time has he contested and lost?

And you believe too that the entire SW and north will vote for Buhari because Jonathan/Sambo or Atiku are sleeping

You are really an anything-goes politician wannabe.

Adefarasin, a Yoruba just called for a no-vote for Buhari.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by Abagworo(m): 11:22pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbobuigbo:

You oppose Atiku and Igbo VP (and potential presidency in 2015 or 2019)
Where do you belong? Are you a bat, not bird, not mammal?

You guys need to understand something.The first mistake we Igbos made was denying the existence of zoning and openly fighting against it when we are yet to benefit from it.The Ohaneze endorsement is another strategic mistake where we lose both ways.Even Ijaw Youth Organisation refused to come out openly to endorse anyone.They are still watching until every candidate exhausts his strategy and what they maintained is that they want true federalism.I will criticize until when all the final candidates are known and their manifesto made open.

LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by Abagworo(m): 11:25pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbobuigbo:

So you already believe Buhari will win? How many time has he contested and lost?

And you believe too that the entire SW and north will vote for Buhari because Jonathan/Sambo or Atiku are sleeping

You are really an anything-goes politician wannabe.

Adefarasin, a Yoruba just called for a no-vote for Buhari.

I am yet to pass my final analysis but as it stands now Buhari under ACN will defeat PDP.Unless there is PDP change of strategy and that is why it is too early to conclude.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by fstranger: 11:28pm On Nov 28, 2010
Abagworo:

You guys need to understand something.The first mistake we Igbos made was denying the existence of zoning and openly fighting against it when we are yet to benefit from it.The Ohaneze endorsement is another strategic mistake where we lose both ways.Even Ijaw Youth Organisation refused to come out openly to endorse anyone.They are still watching until every candidate exhausts his strategy and what they maintained is that they want true federalism.I will criticize until when all the final candidates are known and their manifesto made open.

LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP.

What a genius you are.
Ohaneze, unfortunately, have exposed themselves

And just watch how the rest of the country exploit Igbos again.
If an Igbo man becomes VP come 2011, forget 2015;  SW politicians will make sure a Yorubaman lives in Asorock.

It is not really that hard to understand. Thanks goodness that there are people like you on NL.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by Blazay(m): 11:30pm On Nov 28, 2010
fstranger:

It was a Yoruba man who[b] single handedly stopped the disintegration of Nigeria,[/b] by stopping the civil war promptly

How?  undecided

In short:

Holding my gun in its holster till a get an answer. Not just any answer, but A logical answer. Phewwwwww. Patience is TRULY a virtue. Lord, give me strength.

No, I change my mind. This one should not escape alive.

ready. . . .
aim. . . .
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by igbobuigbo: 11:33pm On Nov 28, 2010
Abagworo

How many Igbos denied the existence of zoning? Did Ekwueme and Ojukwu and those Igbos here in NL, who supported the North from the beginning deny zoning? Does Ohaneze speak for all Igbos?

If the North believes that Igbos no longer need zoning, why are they still talking of an Igbo presidency in 2015?
Given the unity in the North and the disunity in the South, the North does not really need zoning because they will always win based on their unity.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by igbobuigbo: 11:33pm On Nov 28, 2010
Abagworo:

I am yet to pass my final analysis but as it stands now Buhari under ACN will defeat PDP.Unless there is PDP change of strategy and that is why it is too early to conclude.
Is Buhari in ACN?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eko Atlantic City: From Adversity To Prosperity / The Nigeria Police Force And Gratuity / Breaking News:Its Indeed Crying Times For Rivers State House Of Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.