Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys (9823 Views)

SEE how Yahoo Boys are Using BVN to Scam Nigerians (Pictured) / 20 Yahoo-Yahoo Boys Arrested In Benin City / Efcc Storms Benin And Yahoo Boys Jump From Roof Tops! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by etauso(m): 5:59pm On May 26, 2007
This menace of 419 a.k.a Yahoo Boys has really spoilt our relationship with the foreign world. What do you think we decent and true Nigerians can do to fight and put a stop to this menace or rather reduce it to the bearest minimum.
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by fromuk(m): 6:34pm On May 26, 2007
tell ur govt to create enabling enviroment for this boys to help themselves with something clean and better dia lifes.

1 Like

Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by fromuk(m): 6:35pm On May 26, 2007
Fraud politicians also dent our image to forigners not yahoo boy alone.
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by etauso(m): 6:43pm On May 26, 2007
Thats what everyone says. Even if the govt. creates jobs and all, everybody cant work at the same time, and thats not a license to steal
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by fromuk(m): 9:15pm On May 26, 2007
stealling is as old as the world, creating jobs will reduce it, you can never eliminate stealing in this our world. Its everywere,europe, america and asia name it you will find it dia.
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by etauso(m): 12:04am On May 27, 2007
Please can an EFCC staff join this Topic. We are more than willing to assist the EFCC fight 419 in Nigeria.
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by tollu: 12:10am On May 27, 2007
Methinks it's unstopable. Reduced? maybe.
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by ogogoro: 3:16am On May 27, 2007
I'm working on it - Reducing it , that is.

http://awoof./2007/03/10/i-can-end-nigerias-fraud-problem/
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by lissom: 6:04am On May 27, 2007
Allowing/Creating More Legal HYIP Programs grin
Trust me that would In one way.It would prevent the ones that want to start from starting an and also reduce the number of the existing ones.
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by awoof(m): 7:14am On May 27, 2007
I will say 2 things here; the real 419 had been existing before yahoo yahoo hit the scene, some of the real guys that collect heavy pay don't even know how to operate computer not to talk of browsing the web; secondly, creation of jobs alone will not stop 419 in Nigeria. the reason why most of the big time 419 do it is greed, you want to be like Ajudua, and others that made cheap money from crime, you want to ride Lexus,S-Class, Hummer etc. My fear is that 419 may never stop in Nigeria as long as we have greedy and criminally minded whites who receive letters from unknown persons to assist them move out the money their fathers stole from Nigerian treasury and they jump at such offers. the only way we can check it is to make the laws that deal with anybody caught very harsh like Ribadu is doing now so that most of the others will wake up, but you know us prison does not mean much to an average criminally minded. the next thing you will hear is that many Nigerian big men have been to prison
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by etauso(m): 10:04pm On May 27, 2007
I have made a resolution as a one-blooded Nigerian to honor and fight for which is good. We all know that Advance Fee Fraud a.k.a 419 has ruined Nigeria’s image abroad and within. I have a resolve that we good minded and true Nigerians should come together to fight 419 and the so called Yahoo Boys to a best minimum level possible. Firstly, here is the direct number to the EFCC ABUJA, please do not abuse the use of this number (+23496441500). You will be persecuted if you misuse the number above for frivolous and false purposes.
This is a serious issue that if not taken seriously, will dent and destroy completely, our foreign relations with the Western and European nations in five or more years to come. Thereby we will keep on losing out on the new Information Technology age and opportunities. If you browse the web now, you will find out that any website that deals with money or any form of exchange of materials clearly excludes Nigeria from those eligible to register on the site. It gets so bad at times that some websites have consciously blocked Nigerian I.P addresses from accessing their sites.
We have so many experts on this Nairaland forum. And I believe that we can come together and create and host a website specifically for fighting Cyber Crime. We can then be reporting all the 419 and Yahoo Yahoo boys alongside photo evidence if possible of these rotten Nigerians to the site. From there, security agencies can then have a one stop access to the crime actors and their pictures and easily track them down. At least, with the use of camera phones, we could take their picture without their knowledge and upload it to the site which will be viewed by the EFCC and other relevant security agencies. Alongside this, visit http://www.efccnigeria.org/ and report all fraudulent activities to the site with detailed fact and information that will lead to the arrest of this crime kingpins and rookies.
Also lets I forget, feel free to post and upload pictures of any of this fraudsters and also their favorite locations on this forum, while we work on a dedicated website for this purpose. I have noticed some 419 guys that parade a certain cybercafé in Calabar, Cross River State and I am going to give out the name and address of the cybercafé on this site during my next post. These guys are there often on a daily basis, and they even buy laptop parts and sell at cheap rates here in Calabar.

WE NIGERIANS SHOULD BE READY FOR THIS SHOWDOWN, EVEN IF ONE FRAUDSTER IS ARRESTED EVERYDAY, IT WILL GO A LONG WAY TO SERVE AS A DETERRENT TO NEW COMERS AND EVEN THE VETERANS.

ONE NIGERIA 4 LIFE
PROUDLY NIGERIAN.
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by ernal(m): 4:30am On May 29, 2007
we all wanna stop corruption but we are always in a rush forgetting the basis, well i hope we all realise oneday that the only solution to the Nigeria Environment is developing a theory that will work and succeed in Nigeria alone, i have 75naira per fuel to worry about and me sitting home for month with ASUU wahala, Do u know the average # of the Nigerian poulation that is un-educated,you all seat here and want to play King and gods, if you think YY is the only problem with Nigeria then u rather attend some seminars and conferences,
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by pmdaboh(f): 4:41am On May 29, 2007
I think the best way to fight 419 as a Nigerian is to continue as you are being a decent human being who works for a living and cares about your country's reputation. I am African American and my husband is Nigerian, and he sometimes lets Nigeria's reputation bother him. To be honest, we African Americans get ashamed if an African American commits a horrible crime in the states, for we know it will reflect on the black community as well. But when it comes down to it, we must make sure we are not, individually manipulating or taking advantage of others for personal financial gain, and pray that those who are will be caught.
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by naijacutee(f): 5:52am On May 29, 2007
pmdaboh:

I think the best way to fight 419 as a Nigerian is to continue as you are being a decent human being who works for a living and cares about your country's reputation. I am African American and my husband is Nigerian, and he sometimes lets Nigeria's reputation bother him. To be honest, we African Americans get ashamed if an African American commits a horrible crime in the states, for we know it will reflect on the black community as well. But when it comes down to it, we must make sure we are not, individually manipulating or taking advantage of others for personal financial gain, and pray that those who are will be caught.

i.e sit down, relax and do nothing about it?
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by TCUBE(m): 6:53am On May 29, 2007
aint gonna blame all the 419 for real yall, i guess it comes to show how domb dem white folks are, how person tell u say him go give u 100000000.(the money u never worked for) if u think am lying , answer this question , how many nigerians have fallen victims? none , cos we 2 smart , there is nothing we can do, just orientate your folks that there is no free money anywhere, people wey dey america go undertsnd better , no free money , word!
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by pmdaboh(f): 6:53am On May 29, 2007
To Naijacutee:  What can you do, when you personally have been manipulated by someone who represents himself as being a Nigerian and uses the 419.  I will tell you the answer-- not much!  Although I am African American and married to a Nigerian man, I was taken advantage of by someone who identified himself as a Nigerian man from Lagos, Nigeria prior to meeting my husband.   I know, first hand, what it feels like to be manipulated by someone who identifes himself as being Nigerian.  I had a lot of anger in my heart over the incident, and I blamed myself for trusting someone that, when I thought about it, was a complete stranger.  But in the end, even with legal authorities, and with cousins on the local police force who serve as detectives, with the best equipment, it was impossible to  track them (for he used other people to confirm stories that were not true)  down.  It takes more reserve, strength, and control, Naijacutee, to simply move on and count it as a lost (especially if you have lost great sums of money).

If you have a solution to this ever growing problem, instead of criticizing my solution to it, please offer one.  For I am all ears!    This problem, as was pointed out by someone else in their response,  existed long before Yahoo ever came into existence.    I choose, for sanity sake, to move on, and make sure I, personally, never loan or send anyone in Nigeria any funds if I do not know them personally, for it is just foolish to do so.  I also opened my heart to another Nigerian man that is wonderful (my husband) after that experience.  So I have tasted of BOTH SIDES of Nigeria, and yet, I thank God I stilll have a passion  and love for Nigeria and its people.

One thing, I have done, is not to dislike all Nigerians for the manipulation of a few of them.  For I know there are MANY NIGERIANS that are  decent and working honestly toward a bright future for themselves and their families.  What can any of us do but to make sure we are not manipulating innocent people, and therefore, not add to the number count of those that do.  Nigeria's reputation is horrible in America.  Even after my husband has proved to be honest, decent, and sincere,  some co-workers still  found the need to say,  "beware of him , do not sign anything on his behalf.". As the time comes closer for him and my stepson to join me soon, I find out how others feel (family members)  about Nigerians more and more.  What can I do to help stop 419, I do not know!  All I know is that I refuse to dislike all Nigerians because of the manipulative actions of a few.  

The 419 uses many schemes, not just requesting that you send money to collect lottery money.  Sometimes they use romance and other schemes as well.  And as it was also said, once you have been "dumb enough" to be fooled once, you will never fall for it again.
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by mrofficial(m): 8:30am On May 29, 2007
Let everybody do it round, then we will now join hand together to stop it.
People please think, the goverment of this country are useless and helpless, we all are 419's.
Let the goverment of this country give everybody 500,000 Naira, and build the whole Nigeria like Ajah, Gariki e.t.c and remove Ajegunle, Amukoko, Ajangbadi, Orile, Badia, Ijora, makoko, e.t.c from Nigeria map and let INEC stop there Yahoo election.
@poster, its like you don't know what people are passing true, nobody is born to suffer. F**k It.
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by avsnet: 8:39am On May 29, 2007
Simple dont mess around with them in whatever guise. Dont expect to reap where you do not sow. Run for cover for all "too good to be true" offer. I will expand on this later, but beleive me this is the only way to stop 419, and I authoritatively say there is no other way.
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by 3dhunter(m): 10:16am On May 29, 2007
it is just that in Nigeria, internet crime is very crude. in more technologically developed countries, their are sophisticated Internet crime and the country criminal law is also fighting it. Do Nigerians Hack (crack) into bank accounts or company database to steal information?

What of the latest ones that they do with GSM. they are disturbing my phone line more than my email box.

personally, i think the biggest 419 we have in this country is Political 419. i think we should concentrate on that first. cool
or what do we think
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by richylaw(m): 10:52am On May 29, 2007
While some are hidden, a lot others who are dedicated sworn members of this national decaying cybercrime fraternity are well known all around . I understand EFCC do catch some of them. IMHO why can't the government pass a "firing squad" constitutional sentence on verified guilty ones. COOUURRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTT sad
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by dj4wealth: 11:03am On May 29, 2007
I have been thinking of how this perpetual fraud could be stopped. But, it seems to me everywhere is corrupt. Personally i have saved some of this innocent people $'000s. "You ask how? i will tell you later".

What i discovered is that most of this YY & 419ers are into the use of jazz, voodoo I have seen them live & direct. There is a young chap that i know he has collected over $100,000 with this. Disappointing aspect of it is that the police are on his payroll. angry Too bad for our law enforcement agency.
What do i do than to pray for Nemesis to catch up wit him speedily
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by phemmy26(m): 11:24am On May 29, 2007
richylaw:

While some are hidden, a lot others who are dedicated sworn members of this national decaying cybercrime fraternity are well known all around . I understand EFCC do catch some of them. IMHO why can't the government pass a "firing squad" constitutional sentence on verified guilty ones. COOUURRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTT sad

If your child is involved,Will this also be your suggestion? Be realistic. there are better ways that these issue can be solved.
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by chidichris(m): 11:39am On May 29, 2007
the only way to stop 419 is to first of all fight corruption in nigeria.
as long as there is corruption in aso rock, police and the judiciary system, 419 will continue to grow from strength to strenght.
how many gruduates are working in nigeria? what is the standard of living of the few working?
who are the richest men in nigeria?-politicians. how are they making all these money? corruption.
the author of this thread should be able to tell us what he does and we will be able to find out how much is his salary and be in a better position to analyse how he is a good minded nigerian.
most government workers/politicians are working for a 20k salaray a month and spend 100k monthly yet when they hear about yahoo boys, they will shout at the top of their voice.
the highest record of fraud is in aso rock while nigerian police is operating the highest level of open corruption but that seems not to worry anyone but 419 because the victims are foriegners who compalisn to international medias.
what happened when cnn visited the niger delta and expose the urgly situation in a country full of honey.
Ribadu knows how to tackle corruption in nigeria but is either he is equally a deciet or he is not having the free hands he needs.
what can be more corrupt than the polical killings in nigeria, the inability of govt to provide the citizens with the basic armenities of life, awarding and paying for contracts that are not executed.
the abandon youths find in 419 a way out of forsaking futures and nothing but a drastic change in the attitude of the FG on the welfare of the citizens can bring change to their beliefs
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by Dapo4u(m): 12:03pm On May 29, 2007
This is a national crisis and if nothing is done to arrest this ugly trend,I wonder what awaits the coming generations.I was ovejoyed when when I left Naija for greener pastures not knowing that I wont be welcome outside the country once you identity yourself as a Nigerian.Anywhere you go,everybody treats you as an unidentified criminal,drug peddler,internet scamer,hacker,sniffer,the list is endless.No matter how hard government tries to improve the standard of living,these criminals will never desist from this heinous crime! greediness,laziness and lack of perseverance has become the order of the day.What is the way out? very stiff penalties not necessarily by firing squad grin grin,but very harsh punishment should be meted out to whoever that is caught and have their properties confistcated priod.
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by mrofficial(m): 12:06pm On May 29, 2007
instead of thinking or planing on how to stop Yahoo boys, do something else. Preach the gospel to them. Stop wasting your time saying you have clues or sh*ts stuff that can stop 419's and Yahoo boys, it will never work, we know all where the fault is coming from, the nigerians are ready to work.
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by mrofficial(m): 12:09pm On May 29, 2007
instead of thinking or planing on how to stop Yahoo boys, do something else. Preach the gospel to them. Stop wasting your time saying you have clues or sh*ts stuff that can stop 419's and Yahoo boys, it will never work, we all know where the fault is coming from, the nigerians are ready to work.
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by richylaw(m): 12:53pm On May 29, 2007
phemmy26:

If your child is involved,Will this also be your suggestion? Be realistic. there are better ways that these issue can be solved.
I am really happy that you could pick from that view, but check phrasal statements out well before you make your conclusion. This was what I wrote:IMHO why can't the government pass a "firing squad" constitutional sentence on verified  guilty ones COSTITUTIONAL SENTENCE! I have not said execution. The existence of the law alone can go a long way even when there is yet to be a scape goat.
I am yet to marry and so does not have a child at the moment , but even if, I have an obligation to train my child right and imbibe a sane living into him by not depriving him of truths in societal morals and religious faith. Train up your child the right way and he will give you peace.The greedy ones who are into this act are also sons and daughters of Nigerians (in most cases), and the victims do have parent. As for me the legacy I have been brought up with will be passed to my children as well . And if any chooses the wrong way so may it be in the hands of the law but God forbid Check out the YY boys background and see for  yourself. Only a lazy man will not eat
We are all cognizance  of the mutilated ego of Nigeria in the international scene and so should we continue to soar in the clouds of intimidation by westerners and sit to watch the future of the yet unborn being crippled by our "material gluttonous activity" ? More strict measures should be taken by the law enforcement agents, thats what I'm saying. They are everywhere , they are here on Nairaland as well and I can't deny the fact that i unhappily have some as friends.
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by 2old4that(m): 1:18pm On May 29, 2007
Make a stiff punishment for anyone caught!    And let one person be used as an example then others would dare not want to try it again.
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by osereka(m): 2:34pm On May 29, 2007
WHEN OBJ WAS GLOBE TROTTING LOOKING FOR FAVOUR FROM OYINBO COUNTRY  TALKING ABOUT IMAGE LAUNDRY IS IT BECOUS OF YAHOO BOYS?------ NOOOOOOO
WHEN OBJ WAS TALKING ABOUT  ABACHA LOOT,  IBB LOOT , ABDULSALLAM LOOT ARE THEY   YAHOO BOYS? -----NO
WHEN THEY DO THEIR YAHOO  CENCUS, YAHOO SELECTION/ ELECTION
YAHOO NEPA, YAHOO WATER BOARD, YAHOO PETROL FUEL INCREASE LESS THAN 24 HOURS TO LEAVE OFFICE, YAHOO PROMOTION FOR RIBADU INFACT YAHOO EVERYTHING IN NAIJA, AND U ARE TALKING ABOUT YAHOO YAHOO BOYS. MEN NO PROVOKE ME O
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by mrofficial(m): 2:43pm On May 29, 2007
@2old4that is your father a politican?
and i think you don't watch your tv, cos they have cought many of them, but still, there is no changes. Because as one generation passeth away, another one cometh. Leaders of this country are the No. 1 Problem. The only way we can curb this situation is by having good governance, job creativity, employment, e.t.c like we all know there is fraudsters everywhere, even where sharia does exist. We can not stop but we can curb it. smiley
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by osereka(m): 3:01pm On May 29, 2007
so long as govt. continue to cheat the populace by paying for nepa light u are not using
by privatising evrything in the country for urself,  relation and friends the image of the country will be worse than obj met it. and definately yahoo boys will continue their trade. and to be frank me thinks that RIBADU promotion is the biggest yahoo action [seun no ban me as u ban opuro o]
Re: How To Stop 419 and Yahoo Boys by 2old4that(m): 3:32pm On May 29, 2007
Hmm, isnt it absurd for anyone to think that the sole reason of taking up to crime is the government.        Of course, government policies is one of such, but then that shouldnt be an excuse for delving into crime.    Let me tell u that most of the guys that indulge in all this are children of the elite who look for fast ways of making money.   Who if being caught, automatically gets presidential or ministerial pardon simply because his father is at the top.  I have seen a couple of guys arrested for drug trafficking by NDLEA and the next week u'll see them walking free.

Also, there are other set people who believes that even if things are working good in Nigeria, they would never have a stake in this country and so they resort to illicit way of making money.    I believe our country is progressing when the right people and policies are there but then we shouldnt allow this other section of people (419ers/yahoos) continue to tanish our image.  There should be stiff constitutional punishment for them and their names published.   angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING! Hushpuppi Arrives At Pennsylvania Prison In US / Why Do Many Nigerian Guys In America Try So Hard To Be Gangsters? / Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.