Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,468 members, 7,770,153 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:03 AM

Christ Embassy Pastor, Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christ Embassy Pastor, Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam (21014 Views)

Photo Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In Superman Attire / Christ Embassy Pastor, Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam / Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christ Embassy Pastor, Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by Golddudu(m): 1:00pm On Nov 30, 2010
Any moment from now, flamboyant miracle fixing pastor of Christ Embassy Church located in Oregun, Ikeja area of Lagos state, Chris Oyakhilome will be a guest of Nigeria’s anti-graft police, EFCC for using his church to launder funds which source could not be accounted for into foreign bank accounts. The illicit funds so far traced by security agents stand at over $35 million.

The latest scandal may once again bring the controversial miracle-worker pastor under public scrutiny after government suspended the broadcast of his suspicious healing programme tagged “atmosphere for miracles” on public television stations some years ago.

iReports-ng can authoritatively report that a document on the money laundering activities of the architect turned pastor was first passed to the Nigeria police force headquarters in Abuja, last year. After finding it difficult to unravel the fraud, the police forwarded the matter to the EFCC which has the expertise and powers to successfully prosecute the pastor.

According to a source at the force headquarters in Abuja, the case was sent to the EFCC and received there September 24th 2009. Another source in the EFCC also confirmed that attempts were made by some of the controversial pastor’s agents in the commission to “kill” the petition due to the electronic system of monitoring cases already put in place in the agency, called “gocase” by the United Nations Office On Drug and Crime, UNODC.

A reliable source in the agency told iReports-ng a few hours ago that ” after the initial hiccup, substantial progress has now been made on the case even though quietly and the coast now clear to invite the pastor to make some statements on his involvement in cash transfer of such huge amount of United States currency”

Apart from this discovery of money laundering activity by the pastor, a couple of his church officials and members have also of recent featured in some major fraud issues. Not quite long a time, one of his pastors in Ogba area of Lagos was said to have stolen some millions of naira from the sheraton hotels ikeja where he worked as a manager before he was sacked when the fraud was discovered. He claimed in his statement to the police then that he donated the stolen money to Oyakhilome’s Christ embassy church to buy power generating sets and other church needs.

Also of recent, a young member of the church in Benin city, Edo state was arrested and prosecuted by the EFCC for engaging in internet marriage scam through which he defrauded a white lady. In his statement before he was convicted, he was said to have also confessed that he donated the bulk of the scam money to Oyakhilome’s church where he belongs as a strong member.

Before the discovery of the pastor’s money laundering activity, Oyakhilome had been enmeshed in other major scandals such as immoral sexual engagements with church members, fighting other religious leaders, use of diabolic powers and faking miracles.

In 2008, south africa media were awash with stories of fake miracles stage managed by the pastor in a bid to woo worshipers to join his church.

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by mygee33(m): 2:58pm On Nov 30, 2010
;Dreally, where and how do u get all this alleged facts We are waiting and watching, But do not allow the anger of the lord upon you>>>> lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by Mobinga: 3:06pm On Nov 30, 2010
shocked shocked I'll say, Pastors are turning Church into Business. . . And they're doing well

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by Pukkah: 3:51pm On Nov 30, 2010
mygee33:

;Dreally, where and how do u get all this alleged facts We are waiting  and watching,  But do not allow the anger of the lord upon you>>>> lipsrsealed

Anger of the Lord - on the poster or the pastor? undecided The poster has done well by posting the story. I bet you that there have been so many scandals swirling around the head of the pastor in question.  It is high time they investigated this one, regardless of the source of the story, to a logical conclusion. 'Anger of the Lord' is one of the worn-out cliches they use to SCARE unsuspecting people into eternal servitude.

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by Nsiman(m): 4:23pm On Nov 30, 2010
Bros abeg post that link here. Don't mind them, did God ask him to come and receive stolen money and launder it?

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by Nsiman(m): 4:41pm On Nov 30, 2010
Aha there are so many links but take this: www.talkofnaija.com/christ-embassy-pastor-chris-oyakhilome-in-$35-million-money-laundary-scam
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by OmoTier1(m): 10:53pm On Nov 30, 2010
This is no NEWS! Just short of sensationalism. People should leave Pastor hris Oyakilome alone. Shame th devil is still using same old tricks He tried on before and guess what? Same result of failure will be the outcome.

Okay for those that know so much about Pastor Chris's International arm and how much that arm raises and spends in some regions of the world, then a talk of $35million is laughable to be honest.

If EFCC feels there is the need to investigate, then let EFCC do their job and I am quite sure that Pastor Chris would glaldy assist them should they want to obtain statements from him. All these reminds me of how Arch. Bishop B.E. Idahosa was viciously attacked and called names but at the end, those that called him names are like the chaffs of the a threadfloor today.

May God help us all to discern the truth and live by it. May we never become obstructionists to God's agenda least we will be swept away like the dust of the field.
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by kmoneyE(m): 11:52pm On Nov 30, 2010
May God bless their business/church for more profits angry shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by osaxx: 5:19pm On Jan 20, 2011
PASTOR CHRIS KEEP GROWING AND GOD WILL DEFINATELY CONTNUE TO PROMOTE YOU, CRITICISM IS FOR THE LOW LIFE, THE WORD OF GOD HAS PREVAIL, I INVITE YOU ALL TO ATMOSPHERE FOR MIRACLES, THEANOINTING OF GODS PRESENCE WILL BE EVIDENT, WHO ASKED YOU WHETHER SOME ONE STOLE MONEY IN SA,IN BENIIN,IN LAGOS. ARE YOU SAYING EVERYBODY IN OTHER CHUURCHES AND RELIGION ARE SO SAIINT AND PERFECT. THIS IS AWKWARD AND ABSTRACT, SAY SOMETHING, WHO IS PAYING YOU TO DESTROY THE WORK OF GOD, THE MORE U TALK THE BIIGGER THE WORK GETS, YOU ARE JUST MAKING PASTOR CHRIS AND THE WORK OF GOD MORE POPULAR.
THERE IS NOTHING YOU OR YOUR COHORT CAN DO ABOUT GODS WORK, BE BORN AGAIN AND CHANGE YOUR DAMAGED MINDSET ALL YOU CRITICS, GOD FORGIVE YOU ALL
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by wesley80(m): 5:44pm On Jan 20, 2011
^^^ u just dug out a dead thread. u think thats in the interest of the one u're defending?

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by toorich: 9:56pm On Jan 20, 2011
Why are u happy EFFC is now in the picture? Is that the God that should finally hinder pastor chris? If your God is alive, you should have faith in him to have punish his offenders. Yet this same pastor chris gets bigger with the things he does for christ all over the world. Can't you see this man is backed by God. I've never seen a man that knows and have so much passion for jesus like this man, yet you are happy to write evil reports about him and the church,you should be careful because saul of tarsus did same in his time but I don't think you would have that kind of saving grace as he did. Let EFCC investigate what they can and also tell us the sources if they can. But I certainly know this man is back up by Jehovah. Well for you,be concerned about saving your soul from sins and evil ways,you are not in place to judge any man of God because that's God's jurisdiction and you are not worthy to do so.
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by osaxx: 4:35pm On Feb 03, 2011
AM SURE IF EVERYBODY IN THIS COUNTRY BEGINS TO THINK RIGHT THIS COUNTRY WILL GROW FASTER THAN EVER, GOD HAS USED PASTOR CHRIS HAS SET A STANDARD IN THE XTIAN COMMUNITY WORLDWIDE ALREADY AND SOME OF THE CHURCHES HAVE OPENLY FOLLOWED,SOME HAS COINY FOLLOWED,SOME HAS FOLLOWED WITH CRITICISM, WELL MOST OF THIS THINGS HAPPENS EVEN IN THE BIBLE DAYS, THEY HATED JESUS SO MUCH FOR SAYING HE IS THE WAY,THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE, BUT THE END TELLS, WHO JESUS WAS, THAT IS THE SAME CONDEMNATION PASTOR CHRIS IS FACING IN THE HANDS OF THE WORLDLY PEOPLE, BUT THE FUTURE WILL TELL ,EBEN NOW, LOVE YOU PASTOR CHRIS AND CONTINUE TO DO THE GOOD WORK AND DO NOT BE DISTRACTED, BY THE WORK DEVIL IS DOING THROUGH SOME PEOPLE.
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by seanet02: 5:09pm On Feb 03, 2011
Ibo pastor that collects N1,000 as Gate Fee. nawaooooooooooo
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by crossman9(m): 1:53am On Feb 11, 2011
look all you people out there pastor Christ is evil and you can't see because you spend so much time reading the Rhapsody of Realities rather than the bible, you would see him as a evil and wicked man who hi-jacks the living word of GOD to make money out the simple? and he uses demonic powers as well i know I've been to Christ embassy in the UK: where i am now and there church member destroyed my life so i know this all you wicked and evil people who worship him As A (GOD) the lord is coming back very soon why not copy Jesus not some fake healer with a really bad Jerry curl? and I've noticed that you are all doing the same thing, you are in a spiritual gang having the same clothes and the same hair style?
i am writing a book about this evil cult?
you people took from me a great deal? but i am here giving you the truth when the book is finished ill make a copy free of charge to any member who asks
me i dont say this with hate but love you are all going to hell if you dont repent?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

expossing_christ.embassy@hotmail.co.uk
when i finish my book please all free to contact me on facebook

Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by henry101(m): 2:07am On Feb 11, 2011
seanet02:

Ibo pastor that collects N1,000 as Gate Fee. nawaooooooooooo

With this statement, you only confirmed how stoooopoooidddd and ignorant you are,
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by Patjoe: 6:54am On Feb 11, 2011
@ crossman.
what make him evil can you explain
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by COMPAQ(m): 9:28am On Feb 11, 2011
Personally, I think there is something quite fishy about Pastor Chris and Christ Embassy in Nigeria. I heard some tales from a colleague of mine whose brother in law was a pastor in Christ Embassy in South Africa. According to my friend, Chris's younger brother, who is in charge of the Christ Embassy churches in SA goes round himself to collect all the money from all the parishes. Also, another colleague told of a friend of hers who was dating one of the pastors of a Christ Embassy on Woji road in Port Harcourt. According to her, on sundays, the pastor would put the tithe and offering in his boot and then both of them would drive around town to some eateries and the pastor would just go to the boot, take money and be spending.

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by crossman9(m): 8:39pm On Feb 11, 2011
COMPAQ (m)

please could you tell me any detail you have on anything going on in this church because the smallest detail can crack a great puzzle i am still writing in my book about the church and what happend to me and how they destory my life but soon ill be interveiwing people who left the church and some are going be on video and after that ill be debunking there false teaching i am not giving any of there details because they have a finally oiled machine for propaganda?
but any new facts not fiction are of great help if you could contact me please do

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by tlops(m): 8:41pm On Mar 15, 2011
^^^^Jobless.
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by crossman9(m): 11:27pm On Jul 04, 2011
for the record i am rich i am a director of a company
and i have full time job teaching you people the truth who worship your mini god pastor chris

2 Likes

Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by crossman9(m): 10:46pm On Aug 04, 2011
this church is evil it is one big lie and more keep a look out for the book

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by gbabi69: 1:45am On Aug 05, 2011
absolute nonsense!! una go soon tire. meanwhile the GREAT MAN OF GOD is moving forward and changing nations with the gospel.
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by crossman9(m): 2:12am On Aug 05, 2011
Please tell me what is great about a man that distorts the gospel and teaches false doctrine masturbation is not a sin and Isaac was not the seed of Abraham
Among man more

Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by MrQz: 5:45am On Aug 05, 2011
NIGERIA: efcc police Nigerian pastor fraud EDO, everything dey related, synonyms abi na AMTOMYMS, Lol
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by crossman9(m): 9:16am On Aug 05, 2011
could you tell me what that means as i speak plan english only
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by tlops(m): 9:36am On Aug 05, 2011
crossman9:

look all you people out there pastor Christ is evil and you can't see because you spend so much time reading the Rhapsody of Realities rather than the bible, you would see him as a evil and wicked man who hi-jacks the living word of GOD to make money out the simple? and he uses demonic powers as well i know I've been to Christ embassy in the UK: where i am now and there church member destroyed my life so i know this all you wicked and evil people who worship him As A (GOD) the lord is coming back very soon why not copy Jesus not some fake healer with a really bad Jerry curl? and I've noticed that you are all doing the same thing, you are in a spiritual gang having the same clothes and the same hair style?
i am writing a book about this evil cult?
you people took from me a great deal? but i am here giving you the truth when the book is finished ill make a copy free of charge to any member who asks
me i dont say this with hate but love you are all going to hell if you dont repent?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

when i finish my book please all free to contact me on facebook

Guy, the success of this thread should give u a hint on the success of your 'would-be' book. No one really cares to waste their time not to mention money!
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam by crossman9(m): 10:06am On Aug 05, 2011
well that tells me a whole lot of your spiritual state you dont want to know truth you love darkness rather than light

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Members Leave Latter Rain Church Over Pastor Bakare’s Failed Political Ambition / Happy 73rd Birthday To Pastor Adeboye / Demolishing The Falsehood Of Christianity And Its Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.