Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

LAGOSBOY IS 2010 ISLAMIC SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / LAGOSBOY IS 2010 ISLAMIC SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR (2365 Views)

Poll: Who succeeds Muhsin?

Lagosboy: 47% (9 votes)
Chakula: 42% (8 votes)
Nopuqeater: 10% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

*~ Ngodus Voted nairaland/Gen Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! / AIEROMON Emerges Phone Section Poster Of The Year 2010 & Gets N5000 - CONGRATS!! / DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LAGOSBOY IS 2010 ISLAMIC SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 30, 2010
Salam alaikum,
We thank everybody that has contributed positively to this section in the outgoing year. We appreciate your efforts and value your contributions and pray almighty Allah reward you abundantly.

If you will recall, the ANNUAL NAIRALAND SECTIONAL AWARDS started last year with MUHSIN clinching the award for this section: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-368303.0.html .

It's another year end: Who takes over from Muhsin? Or will Muhsin retain the award?

We have reviewed the procedure a bit. The first stage, which is starting by this thread, is NOMINATION stage. It will last 2 weeks. At the end of the two weeks, the three most nominated will be up for POLL, which will also be up for two weeks, the winner of which is going to emerge the OFFICIAL NAIRALAND ISLAM FOR MUSLIMS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR 2010.

CRITERIA:
-Quality of contribution - both comments and threads
-Sensibility of activities on the forum - perennial trouble makers will not be accepted, but stout defence of opinion or hot debate is no trouble making
-Sticking to forum rules - any person that has been banned or notorious for makng deletable posts will not be considered
-Level of activities on the forum - Though not a prime factor, more regular posters stand higher chance.

RULES:
-Only one nomination per member.
-Where a member nominates more than person - and we plead you don't do - only the first will be taken.
-Nominees that fail the criteria up there will not be counted
-Though not compulsory, try to put a short, maybe 2-3 line reason for your nomination
-Non-Muslim regular visitors to this section are also allowed to nominate.

NOMINATION ENDS 15th DECEMBER, 2010

Oya, over to you!!!!

UPDATED 15TH DECEMBER, 2010:

OUR FINALISTS ARE:
1, LAGOSBOY
2, CHAKULA
3, NOPUQEATER
The poll is now up. Cast your vote for your best poster in this section in 2010 out of the trio.

BRIEF CITATIONS OF THE FINALISTS

1, LAGOSBOY: Since he joined in 2008, LB has been a very quality member of this section. Last year he lost the award to Muhsin. And since his mission here is never because of award, he did not relent in his efforts at making this place a port of call for those who want to learn about Islam. His contribution in this section in 2010, like previous years, was outstanding. To his credit, by Allah's leave, a prominent Nairalander converted to Islam. The wisdom he deploys in answering questions is very commendable.

2, CHAKULA: Gentle, humble, easy-surfing and ineffable, Chakula cuts the picture of a silent giant. His knowledge is not in doubt. He quotes Qur'an and Hadith regularly to remind us of our duty to our creator. He also engages people of other faiths. He has almost single-handed kept many threads alive in the outgoing year. He is our resident ustaz on hadith and Qur'an.

3, NOPUQEATER: Nopuqs prefers to represent and defend Muslims in the land of name-callers and fact-twisters. Although last here in October, Nopuq's insightful contributions to topical issues deserve a commendation. He has guts for argument, though not fierce. He deploys Qur'an, hadith and other sources to garnish his arguments. He is a quality member of this section, no doubt.

29/12/2010: LAGOSBOY IS 2010 POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR
After losing last year's award to Muhsin, Lagosboy has emerged 2010 Islam for Muslims Section Poster of The Year, beating Chakula by one vote. Nopuqeater took the third spot.

By this award, Lagosboy becomes an ambassador of this Section. We expect him to continue with his good comportment and witty analysis.
He is also free to use 'NL Islam for Muslims Section Poster of The Year - 2010' as his signature if he so wishes. I'm also talking with higher authorities on conferring him(and winners in other sections) special privileges with respect to special forum facilities.

Brothers, Sisters and Friends of the section, join me in congratulating LAGOSBOY, the best poster in one of the best sections in the largest forum in the largest black nation in the world!!!!

Till next year when someone succeeds him(or he retains it), I say thank you all for your cooperation throughout the year. You were all wonderful.
Re: LAGOSBOY IS 2010 ISLAMIC SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR by zayhal(f): 6:52pm On Nov 30, 2010
Jarus, why don't you want us to nominate more than one person now. For me i have three people I'd have nominated.

anyway, since you want only one, I nominate ,

[center]Chakula
[/center]
He's level-headed, has a lot of positive contributions to the thread, is very stable, hardly gets angry even when provoked. I'm not sure about this but it seems he's the most regular in this section this year.
Re: LAGOSBOY IS 2010 ISLAMIC SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR by zayhal(f): 6:57pm On Nov 30, 2010
Btw, what's in the award, really? Is it just someone emerging winner and we put up the name here and congratulate the person or are there gifts or the like for winners? Just curious.
Re: LAGOSBOY IS 2010 ISLAMIC SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 01, 2010
^^^
Unfortunately, no gifts, much as we would like to have. We will put the thread here for a year, congratulate him and thank him. This we did for Muhsin last year.
Re: LAGOSBOY IS 2010 ISLAMIC SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR by ifyalways(f): 10:43am On Dec 01, 2010
I nominate[b] Lagosboy[/b].
Re: LAGOSBOY IS 2010 ISLAMIC SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR by zayhal(f): 7:52pm On Dec 01, 2010
Ify, before nko, who you for nominate?

But really lagosboy is also someone we can't do without here. I've learnt a lot from him.
Re: LAGOSBOY IS 2010 ISLAMIC SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR by zubeyr(m): 6:49pm On Dec 02, 2010
I think Brother Azhar should be considered unless the Nigerian Nationality is required sad
Re: LAGOSBOY IS 2010 ISLAMIC SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR by Nobody: 11:08pm On Dec 02, 2010
Re: LAGOSBOY IS 2010 ISLAMIC SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR by I: 9:51am On Dec 03, 2010
Salam,

Long time. I was just passing by and saw this thread. Wow! Yet another Award of the Year fanfare.

[b]Lagosboy [/b]has my vote this year. Muhsin could have had it but he went to hiding more often than ever this year, although I learned against his own free will. Wish the fella and all other fellas up here all the best. But Lagosboy, I repeat, earns this years vote.
Re: LAGOSBOY IS 2010 ISLAMIC SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 03, 2010
Hard one, bu my pick: CHAKULA
Re: LAGOSBOY IS 2010 ISLAMIC SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR by azharuddin: 3:41pm On Dec 03, 2010
Really difficult to choose, since there are a lot of really good contributors. I ll go for babs for his long and informative posts.
Re: LAGOSBOY IS 2010 ISLAMIC SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR by zayhal(f): 7:36pm On Dec 03, 2010
Sisters in the house. This is to show that we've not been doing well enough. Can you imagine, there isn't been any female nominated! Too bad embarassed

Wake up sisters, contribute more positively to Islam.[sub] Including you Zayhal. tongue[/sub]
Re: LAGOSBOY IS 2010 ISLAMIC SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR by Nobody: 2:24am On Dec 04, 2010
^^females were quite frequent here before. There was myself and Riskie. That reminds me, where is Riskie?
My vote goes to nopuqeater, surprised no one mentioned him before.
Re: LAGOSBOY IS 2010 ISLAMIC SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR by muhsin(m): 4:04pm On Dec 04, 2010
Assalamu alaikum,

Chakula.

He's the most prolific Islam for Muslim child-board contributor in this outgoing year. He stands unshaken, despite our ON and OFF participations. And, as already mentioned by Zayhal, he never retaliate abuses and the likes.

Beside, if I were to choose one more person it would be Lagosboy. He, by Allah's help, achieved what all of us on this board cherish to. I envy him. May Allah, the Exalted, share us in the measureless rewards he gained.

NB

I suppose you know what I am referring to above.
Re: LAGOSBOY IS 2010 ISLAMIC SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR by AbuHanifa: 11:26am On Dec 05, 2010
I nominate CHAKULA.
Re: LAGOSBOY IS 2010 ISLAMIC SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR by FayeZik(f): 4:50am On Dec 06, 2010
Lagosboy.
Re: LAGOSBOY IS 2010 ISLAMIC SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR by chakula: 10:53am On Dec 06, 2010
I should have directed my nomination to Lagosboy
Re: LAGOSBOY IS 2010 ISLAMIC SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR by dominique(f): 5:40pm On Dec 06, 2010
This one nominee rule sef lipsrsealed. Would have voted for nopuqeater but i'm going for ZAYHAL. Hoping a lady eventually make it to the polls.
Re: LAGOSBOY IS 2010 ISLAMIC SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 06, 2010
sweetnecta& chakula
Re: LAGOSBOY IS 2010 ISLAMIC SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR by zayhal(f): 9:46pm On Dec 06, 2010
dominique:

This one nominee rule sef lipsrsealed. Would have voted for nopuqeater but i'm going for ZAYHAL. Hoping a lady eventually make it to the polls.

Sister, we should check those criteria put up there before nominating a person o. Zayhal doesn't meet even one of them criteria. The brothers are doing very well here and one of them should get it.
Re: LAGOSBOY IS 2010 ISLAMIC SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR by muhsin(m): 3:34pm On Dec 07, 2010
I:

Salam,

Long time. I was just passing by and saw this thread. Wow! Yet another Award of the Year fanfare.

Lagosboy [/b]has my vote this year. Muhsin could have had it but he went to hiding more often than ever this year, although I learned against his own free will. Wish the fella and all other fellas up here all the best. But Lagosboy, I repeat, earns this years vote.

W/Salam

Oh, I just noticed this now. You have chosen a more knowledgeable person, [b]I
. I, this year, hope not to be voted by a single member. The last year's was (and still is) enough for me. Thanks you and everyone.

May Allah help us, amin.
Re: LAGOSBOY IS 2010 ISLAMIC SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR by xoxogg(f): 8:54am On Dec 10, 2010
LagosBoy
Re: LAGOSBOY IS 2010 ISLAMIC SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR by mukina2: 6:23pm On Dec 14, 2010
Lagos Boy
Re: LAGOSBOY IS 2010 ISLAMIC SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 15, 2010
NOMINATION HAS ENDED.
Here is the position after Nomination:

1, Lagosboy - 6
2, Chakula - 4
3, Nopuqeater - 2
4, Azhar - 1
5, Babs - 1
6, Zayhal - 1
7, Sweetnecta - 1

OUR FINALISTS ARE:
1, LAGOSBOY
2, CHAKULA
3, NOPUQEATER
The poll is now up. Cast your vote for your best poster in this section in 2010 out of the trio.
Re: LAGOSBOY IS 2010 ISLAMIC SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 15, 2010
BRIEF CITATIONS OF THE FINALISTS

1, LAGOSBOY: Since he joined in 2008, LB has been a very quality member of this section. Last year he lost the award to Muhsin. And since his mission here is never because of award, he did not relent in his efforts at making this place a port of call for those who wants to learn about Islam. His contribution in this section in 2010, like previous years, was outstanding. To his credit, by Allah's leave, a prominent Nairalander converted to Islam. The wisdom he deploys in answering questions is very commendable.

2, CHAKULA: Gentle, humble, easy-surfing and ineffable, Chakula cuts the picture of a silent giant. His knowledge is not in doubt. He quotes Qur'an and Hadith regularly to remind us of our duty to our creator. He also engages people of other faiths. He has almost single-handed kept many threads alive in the outgoing year. He is our resident ustaz on hadith and Qur'an.

3, NOPUQEATER: Nopuqs prefers to represent and defend Muslims in the land of name-callers and fact-twisters. Although last here in October, Nopuq's insightful contributions to topical issues deserve a commendation. He has guts for argument, though not fierce. He deploys Qur'an, hadith and other sources to garnish his arguments. He is a quality member of this section, no doubt.
Re: LAGOSBOY IS 2010 ISLAMIC SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR by ifyalways(f): 5:20pm On Dec 15, 2010
Voted.
Re: LAGOSBOY IS 2010 ISLAMIC SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR by xoxogg(f): 10:20am On Dec 16, 2010
Odd, i'm unable to vote, anybody else experiencing this?
Re: LAGOSBOY IS 2010 ISLAMIC SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 16, 2010
You have voted. That's the way we did it. I'm sure you clicked one of the options. The result will not be displayed until 29th insha Allah.
Re: LAGOSBOY IS 2010 ISLAMIC SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR by xoxogg(f): 10:48am On Dec 16, 2010
^^ thanks, bt may be u should include a message that acknowledges the vote, i think that wd help.
Re: LAGOSBOY IS 2010 ISLAMIC SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR by ifyalways(f): 12:21pm On Dec 16, 2010
xoxo, :

^^ thanks, bt may be u should include a message that acknowledges the vote, i think that wd help.
abi ooh
I almost felt my vote was not counted.
Dem no wan make me see the results,PDP system.lol
Re: LAGOSBOY IS 2010 ISLAMIC SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR by semid4lyfe(m): 3:56pm On Dec 17, 2010
Hmmm. . . .make I check the previous posts of the finalists before I vote grin
Re: LAGOSBOY IS 2010 ISLAMIC SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR by Mobinga: 4:57am On Dec 18, 2010
I just voted for chakula coz I like the Username. . . off to rig more elections

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Kill An Mbaise Man Before The Snake / Tank Farm For Long Lease At Onne In Portharcourt / How Women Look At Men Nowadays. Good Video For Girls / Women!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.