Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Meet The Goldman Partner Class Of 2011 - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Meet The Goldman Partner Class Of 2011 (1845 Views)

Adebayo O. Ogunlesi To Join Goldman Sachs Board Of Directors / Interview Questions On Goldman Sachs Scholarships For Edp At Lbs / Nigerian Students: Goldman Sachs Opportunity; 1 Week All-expense Paid Internship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Goldman Partner Class Of 2011 by candylips(m): 11:31am On Dec 01, 2010
Re: Meet The Goldman Partner Class Of 2011 by AjanleKoko: 3:32pm On Dec 01, 2010
No Nigerian there.

Also, did you read people's comments below the list? One guy's bio is being contested; he was MIT '96, and is said to have joined GS in 1991.
Re: Meet The Goldman Partner Class Of 2011 by candylips(m): 11:53pm On Dec 01, 2010
u mean Bunty Bohra . they didn't state when he joined GS.

this guy Dhruv Piplani is particularly impressive at 29 shocked

Strange that there is no Nigerian in the list. but there are quite a few Indians.

From these guys profile. it shows that modern banking is getting seriously scientific. more than a half of these guys have a technical background
Re: Meet The Goldman Partner Class Of 2011 by DisGuy: 4:49am On Dec 02, 2010
candylips:

u mean Bunty Bohra . they didn't state when he joined GS.

this guy Dhruv Piplani is particularly impressive at 29 shocked

Strange that there is no Nigerian in the list. but there are quite a few Indians.

From these guys profile. it shows that modern banking is getting seriously scientific. more than a half of these guys have a technical background

Why do you think its strange?

Do you really think we have a LOT of Nigerians in these fields (on an international level) ?
Re: Meet The Goldman Partner Class Of 2011 by candylips(m): 10:50am On Dec 02, 2010
i thought the finance minister was a MD in GS
Re: Meet The Goldman Partner Class Of 2011 by AjanleKoko: 1:02pm On Dec 02, 2010
Dis Guy:

Why do you think its strange?

Do you really think we have a LOT of Nigerians in these fields (on an international level) ?

I think we do.
I know lots of Nigerians who are VPs, but not managing directors, at GS.
We have a lot of Nigerians, particularly the ones based in the States, in the finance sector. Maybe not so many traders sha.
Re: Meet The Goldman Partner Class Of 2011 by candylips(m): 2:31pm On Dec 02, 2010
well VP is still about 3 or so grades below Md actually.

There are usually a lot of people stuck at VP level because grades above that are highly competitive
Re: Meet The Goldman Partner Class Of 2011 by yodiyokun(f): 4:51pm On Dec 02, 2010
Make we no lie, being Partner at a Big Four accounting or law firm no be moi moi talkless of GS, shoo, most of these people are very very brilliant.

It takes a certain king of persona and brains to get to this high levels. There are Nigerians everywhere if you look closely enough, they are just not many.
A guy in my church just became the Area head of Mastercard East and West Africa a few months ago. Moving up quickly in MC.
Re: Meet The Goldman Partner Class Of 2011 by candylips(m): 5:28pm On Dec 02, 2010
exactly my point.

even getting to VP level no be akara .

i know a 9ja guy who has been stuck at AVP for 10 yrs now but the guy is only above averge sha
Re: Meet The Goldman Partner Class Of 2011 by DisGuy: 7:56pm On Dec 02, 2010
candylips:

i thought the finance minister was a MD in GS

AjanleKoko:

I think we do.
I know lots of Nigerians who are VPs, but not managing directors, at GS.
We have a lot of Nigerians, particularly the ones based in the States, in the finance sector. Maybe not so many traders sha.

As in a LOT when compared to the Indians/Asian and some Scandinavian?

then I think another thing is their extra-curricular activities thus their networks
many (African) professionals I know just do what they do nothing extra, rarely any link outside their field/profession and mostly within the African community- just my observation
Re: Meet The Goldman Partner Class Of 2011 by AjanleKoko: 9:43am On Dec 03, 2010
Dis Guy:

As in a LOT when compared to the Indians/Asian and some Scandinavian?

then I think another thing is their extra-curricular activities thus their networks
many (African) professionals I know just do what they do nothing extra, rarely any link outside their field/profession and mostly within the African community- just my observation

You know Africans are not so Westernized. At least Nigerians and other West Africans.
We don't really hang out that much with other races.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Hair Shampoo And Relaxer / PHOTO: Meet Ebonyi State First SAN- Professor Amari Omaka / I'm Confused Of Lucrative Handwork To Learn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.