Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,873 members, 7,806,494 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

Looking To Setup Film Production Company With Young Likeminded People - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Looking To Setup Film Production Company With Young Likeminded People (4289 Views)

800,000 Youths Trained In Film Production In Katsina State - NFC / New film production crew, care to join? / How To Launch A Film Production Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Looking To Setup Film Production Company With Young Likeminded People by MattMogul(m): 12:22am On Dec 02, 2010
Good day. My name is Matt and I am a proud Nigerian like everyone who logs into this great website. I don't want to sound preachy so I wouls cut to the chase. I love film, movies T.V. Etc. Plain and simple. I look at the way young and vibrant Nigerians have taken hold of the Music Industry in this country and have, and are making a huge impact in Africa and the World.
Nollywood as we all know is big, but we cannot deny the fact while the Music Industry keeps making strides in the right direction, Nollywood on the other hand has been stagnant for sometime. Okay I have started preaching. I apologise. I personally intend to pursue a career as a Director ( presently a Novice but working and researching real hard, I promise you ) and deep down inside I know there are likeminded people who see things like I do. I am using this forum to ask if there are young, creative, modern-thinking aspiring filmmakers, editors, D.P.s, cameramen, scriptwriters etc. out there who are interested in hooking up and getting down to it. We can't keep waiting for some foreign film school to come over here and change the game and we also can't wait for the pioneers in the Industry to change their ways (anytime soon).
I believe its time we do what the music industry have done and bring quality CHANGE and RESPECT to the film industry.
What do you think? I would love to here your respones. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Looking To Setup Film Production Company With Young Likeminded People by Fm007: 11:50am On Dec 02, 2010
my name is femi. am a movie story writer both local an international standard.well is a nice idea u came out wit dis kind of idear 2change nig movie industry standard.
Re: Looking To Setup Film Production Company With Young Likeminded People by easiest(m): 1:49pm On Jul 13, 2011
Thank you mat for this post. I think one of the things we can do as a lovers of Nollywood
is for the like minded young ones to synergise. I am a registered member of screenwriter
guild of Nigeria, with vast experience in film production process and business management.
What exactly do you do and how do you think we can work together to produce internationally
marketable film product. We will produce a good film if we think it as a product. You can as well
contact me through flawlessmedia2003@yahoo.com, i_factory@ymail.com
Re: Looking To Setup Film Production Company With Young Likeminded People by Briareos(m): 11:43am On Oct 16, 2011
Where are you, we need to start something!
Re: Looking To Setup Film Production Company With Young Likeminded People by webang: 4:44pm On Oct 16, 2011
Video Link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y85BniYH7hwVideo link

Brand new Video produced by ya boy Magnum titled “United We Stand” Prod by Magnum .
This track is on some Gangsta, Sexy and Grimy “ bars galore Magnum featuring Noni Zondi & whoisparadise.
pay undivided attention to each of this artist as they resonate through your speakers with their lyrical dexterity.
Video coming outlaw enjoy
Magnum's mixtape coming soon.
Click below to buy on itunes now
http:///p4vVXS

Follow us on twitter now
@iammagnum @nonizondi@ whoisparadise
www.iammagnum.com
Thank you support.
Yours truly,
Magnum
Re: Looking To Setup Film Production Company With Young Likeminded People by fineboy200: 8:50pm On Nov 18, 2011
I AM INTERESTED TO JOIN YOUR WAGON AS A SCRIPTWRITER.

professorizzy@gmail.com
Re: Looking To Setup Film Production Company With Young Likeminded People by egaruba(m): 3:03am On Jan 01, 2012
Count me in.

Emil @ Rated E
ratedeproductions@hotmail.com
www.ratedeproductions.yolasite.com

Re: Looking To Setup Film Production Company With Young Likeminded People by Nobody: 11:21am On Jan 05, 2012
i would rether join you now as a visual fx composer, designer and animatior if you like
Re: Looking To Setup Film Production Company With Young Likeminded People by larablog: 10:59pm On Jan 10, 2012
i'm very interested in your vision. would like to contribute as a production assistant.
lara2write@yahoo.com
Re: Looking To Setup Film Production Company With Young Likeminded People by collins123(m): 11:23pm On Jan 10, 2012
sdfghjkl;
Re: Looking To Setup Film Production Company With Young Likeminded People by kombats: 7:59am On Jan 11, 2012
You can contact me if u need the lastest studio and movie production equipments.
My email is henrysq@gmail.com or call 070393415. Thanks.
Re: Looking To Setup Film Production Company With Young Likeminded People by Briareos(m): 1:13am On Feb 15, 2012
If there is something I can bet my heart for, it is the fact that Nigerians are talented. And believe me when I say my heart is precious to me.

If we can organise and plan this very well, it can pan out well.

But the first to the last thing is: PLAN.

I'm not sure the OP is still available for this project, but we that shares the same vision as he, can and should continue.

Anybody seriously interested should drop his/her contact and a truthful capacity at which they can perform.

Please dont drop your name for dropping sake. Only drop it if you are really passionate about the vision and you know you can be available.

I'm Briareos, i'm a Scriptwriter, and also an editor.
Re: Looking To Setup Film Production Company With Young Likeminded People by collinsfbi(m): 8:07am On Feb 15, 2012
I will be glad to be part of this dream, setting up a company like this has been my dream but according to this OP, i need more than enough training, skills and acquittance to be the very best. I don't wanna start like the current faces in the Nigerian Movie Industry so that i won't end like many of them. I am an editor, I was once a director in my school, I can also handle the camera perfectly but i still feel i need international exposure to equip myself to meet international standard. I will sincerely love to be a part of this.
Re: Looking To Setup Film Production Company With Young Likeminded People by Big2bore(m): 2:56pm On Feb 16, 2012
This a wonderful idea, I love this. If I can be permitted to partaker, I will love to be a director. This is were I have my passion. You reach me on tubore4ril@yahoo.com or call me on this no 07082331369.
Re: Looking To Setup Film Production Company With Young Likeminded People by energygirl: 10:11pm On Feb 17, 2012
Contact www.yatotainment.com

sure they will be interested,
Re: Looking To Setup Film Production Company With Young Likeminded People by collins123(m): 12:02am On Feb 23, 2012
dead post. The poster didn't even said anything again!
Re: Looking To Setup Film Production Company With Young Likeminded People by Sendybaba(m): 9:57pm On Mar 02, 2012
it doezn't matter if d initiator of diz thread iz stil interezted or nt,we can make diz com thru, firzt,hw do we all hook up? Wen shld we get started? We nid 2 b arnd eachotha alwyz, plz let uz do diz, ma e mail add iz-sendyville@gmail.com
Re: Looking To Setup Film Production Company With Young Likeminded People by VillageBoi(m): 5:27am On Mar 04, 2012
I wonder what happened to the OP. Anyway guys & gals it's a good idea. I write, direct, edit and much more! Check out this new short film to get you interested,

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-866173.0.html#msg10151012

Do leave a response there if you like. Thanks.
Re: Looking To Setup Film Production Company With Young Likeminded People by Lanre90(m): 10:58am On Mar 14, 2012
if the op is just getting started , i hope peeps dat r dropping dere details know dat commission is not included yet.
wessi90@yahoo.com motion graphics,special effects and i need serious and skilled teammates or peeps willing 2 learn.
Re: Looking To Setup Film Production Company With Young Likeminded People by VillageBoi(m): 5:27pm On Mar 14, 2012
Lanre90: if the op is just getting started , i hope peeps dat r dropping dere details know dat commission is not included yet.
wessi90@yahoo.com motion graphics,special effects and i need serious and skilled teammates or peeps willing 2 learn.

Hardly anyone is posting links to their work so I'm guessing all totally unskilled..! Shame, as it could have become interesting!!
Re: Looking To Setup Film Production Company With Young Likeminded People by icefish(m): 11:15am On Mar 16, 2012
I want to join the train.....I can act and love acting

Iceboi07@yahoo.com
Re: Looking To Setup Film Production Company With Young Likeminded People by collinsfbi(m): 7:52pm On Mar 17, 2012
VillageBoi:

Hardly anyone is posting links to their work so I'm guessing all totally unskilled..! Shame, as it could have become interesting!!

Stop your mouth watering, I hate show off and insult, read the OP statement very well, he stated that he's a novice and need more training, you can as well see that too from my post. If you know you can co-ordinate the group, why don't you start the fire instead of making mouth and posting links. I will love you to spear head the group if you can help to bring bring out talent from the mud, many are interested and willing to work while other interested members on training like the OP in one place or the other will join later. Thanks

Gbammm over and out
Re: Looking To Setup Film Production Company With Young Likeminded People by VillageBoi(m): 1:52am On Mar 18, 2012
collinsfbi:

Stop your mouth watering, I hate show off and insult, read the OP statement very well, he stated that he's a novice and need more training, you can as well see that too from my post. If you know you can co-ordinate the group, why don't you start the fire instead of making mouth and posting links. I will love you to spear head the group if you can help to bring bring out talent from the mud, many are interested and willing to work while other interested members on training like the OP in one place or the other will join later. Thanks

Gbammm over and out

Shame you have not got any sense or you would have realised I wasn't talking about the OP. Have you read all the posts? If so you would have noticed that there are already some 'skilled' people that have joined the thread - where are 'their' links? Only 'WE B.A.N.G - Our boy Magnum' posted something and I actually do know who he is in 'real' life, here in London and he is a damn good filmmaker. So why did I ask that question? Unfortunately you didn't think that far ahead. Simple reason... so we can beging to find out who does what and begin to get organised. But no, you come in guns blazing. I'm completely dissappointed in you.

I came over here from a different Nigerian site that I'm still a member of and anyone there will tell you that no one gives out film information to people willing to learn as much as I do.

As you want to learn... a free bit of advice... get rid of your foolish attitude and foul mouth or you just won't be able to make it in the industry. Filmmaking is teamwork and a lot of the time it's about 'favours'... your mouth will burn all of the bridges you are trying to build.

Read what people post and figure out what they are saying... then think before you speak!

PS - Drop the "Gbam over and out"... It doesn't make you sound cool but makes you sound like a riff-raff! Oh well, calm down, don't be brash and no vex... if you're willing to learn you're in the right place.
Re: Looking To Setup Film Production Company With Young Likeminded People by collinsfbi(m): 10:57am On Mar 19, 2012
Shame you have not got any sense or you would have realised I wasn't talking about the OP. Have you read all the posts? If so you would have noticed that there are already some 'skilled' people that have joined the thread - where are 'their' links? Only 'WE B.A.N.G - Our boy Magnum' posted something and I actually do know who he is in 'real' life, here in London and he is a damn good filmmaker. So why did I ask that question? Unfortunately you didn't think that far ahead. Simple reason... so we can beging to find out who does what and begin to get organised. But no, you come in guns blazing. I'm completely dissappointed in you.

I came over here from a different Nigerian site that I'm still a member of and anyone there will tell you that no one gives out film information to people willing to learn as much as I do.

As you want to learn... a free bit of advice... get rid of your foolish attitude and foul mouth or you just won't be able to make it in the industry. Filmmaking is teamwork and a lot of the time it's about 'favours'... your mouth will burn all of the bridges you are trying to build.

Read what people post and figure out what they are saying... then think before you speak!

PS - Drop the "Gbam over and out"... It doesn't make you sound cool but makes you sound like a riff-raff! Oh well, calm down, don't be brash and no vex... if you're willing to learn you're in the right place.

Obviously i wasn't expecting anything better than this from your stinking mouth because nothing good can ever come out of the most dense and dim-witted arrogant animal like you rather than pride and overconfident. For your information, i am not a novice and i know what i am capable of, I was just a bit drifted by an offer in the maritime industry so bury your pride to teach people what they already know. However, if i ever plan to acquire more skills definitely not from a worthless fool like you. Trading words with you is just a waste of time, i have better things to be with my precious time. Just take note that not everybody you see here are of your age grade, some are old enough to be your father so learn to respect comments.

Gbammm over and out
Re: Looking To Setup Film Production Company With Young Likeminded People by VillageBoi(m): 6:50pm On Mar 19, 2012
collinsfbi:

Obviously i wasn't expecting anything better than this from your stinking mouth because nothing good can ever come out of the most dense and dim-witted arrogant animal like you rather than pride and overconfident. For your information, i am not a novice and i know what i am capable of, I was just a bit drifted by an offer in the maritime industry so bury your pride to teach people what they already know. However, if i ever plan to acquire more skills definitely not from a worthless fool like you. Trading words with you is just a waste of time, i have better things to be with my precious time. Just take note that not everybody you see here are of your age grade, some are old enough to be your father so learn to respect comments.

Gbammm over and out

Everyone is allowed to have an opinion and you have yours. Unfortunately yours comes with the extremely rude youtube-teenage mentality and a very high inferiority complex. Yet you claim to be an old-fart, wow, that's even more surprising. Don't bother posting again as you are definitely in the wrong place and a complete waste of time.
Re: Looking To Setup Film Production Company With Young Likeminded People by collinsfbi(m): 9:15am On Mar 20, 2012
Everyone is allowed to have an opinion and you have yours. Unfortunately yours comes with the extremely rude youtube-teenage mentality and a very high inferiority complex. Yet you claim to be an old-fart, wow, that's even more surprising. Don't bother posting again as you are definitely in the wrong place and a complete waste of time.

From afar, i can see an armor of pride in you and it's would have been better if you can just let go. One thing i hate myself doing here on NL is to stage a fight or quarreling with people. Pride will always bring about destruction, try not to always stir up the dust because it will always bring commotion. No matter how brilliant a man may be within himself, seeing others ingenuity may render his brilliancy useless. just an advice, in whatever you do, always respect people's opinions and always try to make peace. I have nothing against you so go in peace. Best of luck in all your endeavours.

Gbammm over and out
Re: Looking To Setup Film Production Company With Young Likeminded People by VillageBoi(m): 7:15am On Mar 21, 2012
collinsfbi:

From afar, i can see an armor of pride in you and it's would have been better if you can just let go. One thing i hate myself doing here on NL is to stage a fight or quarreling with people. Pride will always bring about destruction, try not to always stir up the dust because it will always bring commotion. No matter how brilliant a man may be within himself, seeing others ingenuity may render his brilliancy useless. just an advice, in whatever you do, always respect people's opinions and always try to make peace. I have nothing against you so go in peace. Best of luck in all your endeavours.

Gbammm over and out

If you read your previous posts to me that were full of hatred & anger; the very posts that instgated this matter... isn't it strange & funny that you have not been able to follow your own advice at all? Well I hope you start doing so from from now.

Like I said previously the OP did start a very interesting thread; if something happens it could possibly be a good thing for Nigerian filmmaking. Yes people do get off on the wrong foot especially online. If you want to keep on arguing over this matter you will be arguing on your own; if you have something constructive to add to what the OP started then fine. And good luck in the maritime industry, if you take the offer.
Re: Looking To Setup Film Production Company With Young Likeminded People by collinsfbi(m): 12:51pm On Mar 21, 2012
VillageBoi:

If you read your previous posts to me that were full of hatred & anger; the very posts that instgated this matter... isn't it strange & funny that you have not been able to follow your own advice at all? Well I hope you start doing so from from now.

Like I said previously the OP did start a very interesting thread; if something happens it could possibly be a good thing for Nigerian filmmaking. Yes people do get off on the wrong foot especially online. If you want to keep on arguing over this matter you will be arguing on your own; if you have something constructive to add to what the OP started then fine. And good luck in the maritime industry, if you take the offer.

Hmmm, to me I don't like probs, I don't like having an issue with pple without resolving it online or in the real life and that is me for you. I have been working in the maritime industry now for almost 3yrs but my mind is not in it I must confess, but at least you must survive on something before you are up to the task to make your dream comes true. I am planning to leave the industry soon for a two years master degree training course abroad to fortify my skills but for the sake of others who wish to kick off, Try and co-ordinate the group if you can because the beauty of life is never how happy you are but how happy others can be because of you. Best of luck.

Gbamm over and out
Re: Looking To Setup Film Production Company With Young Likeminded People by Briareos(m): 1:04pm On Mar 28, 2012
I'm honestly disappointed at you two. i mean, here we are trying to make something good and you are ego fighting. come on.
Re: Looking To Setup Film Production Company With Young Likeminded People by collinsfbi(m): 1:47pm On Mar 28, 2012
Briareos: I'm honestly disappointed at you two. i mean, here we are trying to make something good and you are ego fighting. come on.

Never mind, just let it go and let the thread improves as potentials surfacing to make ways.

Gbamm over and out
Re: Looking To Setup Film Production Company With Young Likeminded People by VillageBoi(m): 2:23pm On Mar 31, 2012
Well said Collinsfbi and apologies from both of us to you and all other posters to this thread @ Briareos.
Re: Looking To Setup Film Production Company With Young Likeminded People by collinsfbi(m): 6:54pm On Mar 31, 2012
VillageBoi:
Well said Collinsfbi and apologies from both of us to you and all other posters to this thread @ Briareos.

Same here!

Gbamm over and out

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are Movies Depicting Primitive/village Life Better Than City Setting / Haves And The Haves Not Movie / Photo: Big Brother Africa Shower Hour…is This Necessary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.