Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees (10102 Views)

Poll: Who's Gonna Win BEST RAP ALBUM at the 53rd Grayy Awards?

The Adventures of Bobby Ray- B.o.B: 1% (2 votes)
Thank Me Later- Drake: 13% (14 votes)
Recovery- Eminem: 61% (66 votes)
The Blueprint 3- Jay Z: 21% (23 votes)
How I Got Over- The Roots: 1% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

The Headies 2015 Nominees List. / Nigerian Entertainment Awards Nominees #NEA2015 / CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by Firebomb: 8:43am On Dec 02, 2010
As we all know,The Grammy Award is Music's Highest Honor!!!
The 53rd Annual Grammy Awards will be held on February 13th,2011 in Los Angeles.
The Nominees were announced on December 3rd,2010. Leading the pack with a total of 10 nominationsis Eminem(record held by Beyonce at the 2010 Grammies,won 6 also a record). Following closely is Bruno Mars with 8 nods and Jay Z coming with 6 nods.
Other top contenders for the Big 4 awards include Lady GaGa,Cee-Lo Green,Katy Perry and B.o.B,who are up against Eminem for Record of The Year,Song of The Year and Album of the year.
In the best new artist category,Justin Bieber goes head log against Drake and some other American and British artists.

For the full list of Nominees,please visit:
http://www.grammy.com/nominees
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by Dabss(m): 9:48am On Dec 02, 2010
yeah eminem rocks
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by eldee(m): 9:50am On Dec 02, 2010
Oh my days . . . four hiphop nominees for record of the year, it's never been this good.
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by Emperor5c(m): 10:47am On Dec 02, 2010
e'm wont stop untill his hip dont hop anymore. he's goin home with atleast 5 of those nominations
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by Firebomb: 9:36pm On Dec 02, 2010
Funny enough, He's not in ten categories but nominated more than once in a category which gives him a greater chance of winning that category, He'll possibly win nothing less that 4,but the possibility of winning six like Beyonce last year out of ten. Is slim.

2011 Grammy's belong to Hip Hop!
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by eldee(m): 9:42pm On Dec 02, 2010
No K'naan?? How big does a song have to be to be nominated for Song of the Year??
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by sonofsun: 9:55pm On Dec 02, 2010
Fela was nominated too right??
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by strangerf: 9:58pm On Dec 02, 2010
Where is D'banj & Omotola ===== ma Yaruba people
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by 1forall: 10:00pm On Dec 02, 2010
sonofsun:

Fela was nominated too right??

Yeah see http://www.fela.net/news/fela/
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by sonofsun: 10:07pm On Dec 02, 2010
1forall:

Yeah see http://www.fela.net/news/fela/

True story
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by Firebomb: 10:30pm On Dec 02, 2010
@eldee: In the Grammy description for each category,it says Song Of The Year(SOTY) is a record that was released the previous year or during the eligibility period of songs to be nominated by the Grammy academy and has carved a niche for itself by being known by 80% of the music lovers and was enormously successful.It is presented to the Songwriters and not to the performers.
The only difference that exists between SOTY and Record Of The Year(ROTY) is the fact,ROTY is a song or track that is being remembered in the future as the hit of a particular year.It is presented to The songwriter,artist,producer and engineer.
Album Of The Year(AOTY) on the other hand is the paramount award at the Grammy awards, Awarded to all who participated in the production of the album. This award has being won once by a hip hop artist,in 2004 by Outcast for their album "Speakerboxxx/The Love Below".
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by eldee(m): 10:34pm On Dec 02, 2010
@Firebomb

I'm sorry but I don't get how this explains why one of the biggest songs of the year didn't get a nomination??
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by ladej(m): 10:38pm On Dec 02, 2010
Firebomb:

@eldee: In the Grammy description for each category,it says Song Of The Year(SOTY) is a record that was released the previous year or during the eligibility period of songs to be nominated by the Grammy academy and has carved a niche for itself by being known by 80% of the music lovers and was enormously successful.It is presented to the Songwriters and not to the performers.
The only difference that exists between SOTY and Record Of The Year(ROTY) is the fact,ROTY is a song or track that is being remembered in the future as the hit of a particular year.It is presented to The songwriter,artist,producer and engineer.
Album Of The Year(AOTY) on the other hand is the paramount award at the Grammy awards, Awarded to all who participated in the production of the album. This award has being won once by a hip hop artist,in 2004 by Outcast for their album "Speakerboxxx/The Love Below".
true say. very rarely will a hip hop album win it.
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by Danjuma04(m): 10:41pm On Dec 02, 2010
Grammy awards ,

Africans no dey eva dey
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by LKRavitz(m): 10:43pm On Dec 02, 2010
still waiting for eedris abdulkarims gramee maybe by year 2078 ;d
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by ladej(m): 11:06pm On Dec 02, 2010
Danjuma04:

Grammy awards ,

Africans no dey eva dey
bros there is an african/world music section there. go to the website for moe details. african music doesnt dominate world charts, hence why they arent mentioned in the main categories. doesnt mean the quality is bad.
L. KRavitz:

still waiting for eedris abdulkarims gramee maybe by year 2078 ;d
funniest stuff i heard today. thanks bro
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by Koolking(m): 11:35pm On Dec 02, 2010
Oh my oh my!!!!! Give it up to my favorite white boy, EMINEM
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by Shoolar(m): 11:41pm On Dec 02, 2010
No nigerian this time? Bcoz last edition of grammy award FEMI KUTI was among d nominee.
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by 3kay945(m): 12:29am On Dec 03, 2010
dis white guy never tire for award, na only him undecided
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by dipo2much(m): 1:08am On Dec 03, 2010
em's recovery is dope. but i wasnt expectin up to 10nominations. i dont think therez bn a lot of very good stuff from other rappers anyways. I am expectin Nas & damian marley's collabo album to be nominated somewhere
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by spoilt(f): 2:04am On Dec 03, 2010
Cee Lo's F---k u song made it ?

Well I never! grin
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by jle(f): 6:00am On Dec 03, 2010
Wooh eminem leads in d grammy wit 10 nominations.Congratz Em,definately 2010 is his comeback year.
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by martyns303(m): 7:52am On Dec 03, 2010
i would be surprised if Eminem weren't given those Nominations. Have u guys listend to 'No love' ft. Lil wayne? Kai Eminem is the best rapper alive, no sentiments. Feature him in a song and he'll prectically steal ur shine from ur own song, he's own verse would be far better (and longer lolz), now thats how u knw a good artist. The guy doesn't rap about cars, bling and money. Eminem has placed the rap game on a level far outta the reach of other rappers.
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by kafanchan: 7:58am On Dec 03, 2010
This whole thing na OJORO walahi, I dey vex. why terry g name no dey there?
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 03, 2010
Eminem is the bomb
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by Firebomb: 8:12am On Dec 03, 2010
eldee:

@Firebomb

I'm sorry but I don't get how this explains why one of the biggest songs of the year didn't get a nomination??
@eldee: What song are you talking about

The only categories you find International acts are the World Traditional Album and World Contemporary Album.

@Spoilt:Cee-Lo's "F*** You" is a massive hit and is still breaking grounds all over the world,its nominated for "SOTY,ROTY,Best Alternative Perfomance and Best Short form music Video. The song deserves the nods.
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by instinctg(m): 8:28am On Dec 03, 2010
at least, the old war horse Sade Adu is still representing. she's been nominated twice
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by NaijaNaWaa: 8:41am On Dec 03, 2010
Abeg na wetin this Eminem sef de sing wey make him a grammy material? Make una no vex o, I jus no feel that bobo at all at all. Na waa for music awards.
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by Firebomb: 8:47am On Dec 03, 2010
@Instictg: Hilarious and Funny! Why call her an old war horse? Its a good thing though,she's back on her misical feet,she might possibly win one,thats if the competition isnt much. But I know she's up against GaGa and Beyonce for Best Pop Collaboration.
We Just have to wait till February 13,to arrive at the final destination.

@NaijaNaWaa: My dear,you have a great point there,cause its all about choice. You might not feel him,but alot of people do. But In award shows,its not about you feel him/her or not. Its about the success of his/her work and how much impact it has made. So they give awards do Honor the whole crew involved in the making of that hit. And the Grammy Award is Music's highest Honor.
So guy,its not his fault they like him,but his fans and his work made it so.
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by Dabss(m): 8:49am On Dec 03, 2010
NaijaNaWaa:

Abeg na wetin this Eminem sef de sing wey make him a grammy material? Make una no vex o, I jus no feel that bobo at all at all. Na waa for music awards.
who do u think is better?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

All Nigeria FM Radio Apps Now On PlayStore / Is Ja Rule finally out of the Music Industry? / FULL ALBUM: Tope Alabi – Yes And Amen (mp3 Download)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.