Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

Family Section Poster Of The Year 2010; Nomination In Progress - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Section Poster Of The Year 2010; Nomination In Progress (2819 Views)

Poll: Who should be the Family section poster of the year 2010?

Chaircover: 55% (5 votes)
Outstrip: 11% (1 vote)
Ifyalways: 22% (2 votes)
Sissy: 11% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Fraudulent Threads In The Family Section Of NL!!! We Don Casssssh Dem!!!!! / Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You / Happy Birthday To Family Section's World Famous Leapling (CHAIRCOVER) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Family Section Poster Of The Year 2010; Nomination In Progress by nike4luv(f): 10:20pm On Dec 02, 2010
Hello Fam,

Many thanks to all of you that have made this section lively and fun this year! I am particularly honoured to be the moderator of this section because you guys are just so great grin. So, i opened this thread for YOU to choose the member that YOU think has really contributed to this section with great advice and posts.

The award process is divided into two stages.
The first stage, which is  this thread, is NOMINATION stage. It will last 2 weeks. At the end of the two weeks, I will be creating a poll for the  three most nominated  members, which will also be up for two weeks, the winner of which is going to emerge the OFFICIAL FAMILY SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR 2010.

CRITERIA:

* Quality of contribution - both comments and threads
    * Sticking to forum rules - any person that has been banned or notorious for making deletable posts will not be considered
    * Level of activities on the forum - Though not a prime factor, more regular posters stand higher chance.

RULES:

* Only one nomination per member; I will only be considering your FIRST nomination.
    * Nominees that fail the criteria up there will not be counted
    * Though not compulsory, try to put a short, maybe 2-3 line reason for your nomination

NOMINATION ENDS 16th DECEMBER, 2010

Good Luck to Everyone smiley
Re: Family Section Poster Of The Year 2010; Nomination In Progress by r231(m): 1:58am On Dec 03, 2010
one and only CC
Re: Family Section Poster Of The Year 2010; Nomination In Progress by jaybee3(m): 2:00am On Dec 03, 2010
World's famous Mrs CC
Chaircover all the way cool
Re: Family Section Poster Of The Year 2010; Nomination In Progress by MissyB3(f): 9:49am On Dec 03, 2010
No other but Chaircover aka CC grin kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Family Section Poster Of The Year 2010; Nomination In Progress by oyinmama(f): 12:14pm On Dec 03, 2010
chaircover!
Re: Family Section Poster Of The Year 2010; Nomination In Progress by babyme1(f): 2:50pm On Dec 03, 2010
Sorry CC,im nominating another person. But i love you.

Im nominating Mutter
Re: Family Section Poster Of The Year 2010; Nomination In Progress by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 03, 2010
I am a huge fan of Outstrip so I nominate her and Chaircover always give good advice no doubt.
Re: Family Section Poster Of The Year 2010; Nomination In Progress by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 03, 2010
Praise be to God for another Year. Last Christmas Seems like yesterday

Anyway's back on topic grin My nominations are as follows;

Mutter - For down to earth, tried and tested advice & comments, and even though on the odd occasion some of her points may come across as a little controversial, she painstakingly puts her points across clearly without insulting anyone & I commend her for that; That is maturity.

Outstrip - For her matter of fact outlook towards & dealing with the "S" Word - in relationships. She effortlessly discusses the "taboo" topics & I am sure a lot of women have learnt a thing or two from her; me included embarassed grin

Thanks ladies & to everyone else who makes this section a nice fun place to visit.
Re: Family Section Poster Of The Year 2010; Nomination In Progress by nike4luv(f): 6:28pm On Dec 03, 2010
I can only pick one cc and rokiatu. So who is it going to be smiley
Re: Family Section Poster Of The Year 2010; Nomination In Progress by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 03, 2010
Only one? ok I will go for Outstrip.
Re: Family Section Poster Of The Year 2010; Nomination In Progress by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 03, 2010
Oh dear. . . . . Im sorry I misunderstood embarassed

Outstrip it is. Thank you
Re: Family Section Poster Of The Year 2010; Nomination In Progress by blank(f): 1:08pm On Dec 06, 2010
It has 2 be Outstrip. I am always amazed at her good sense n matured handling of issues.
Re: Family Section Poster Of The Year 2010; Nomination In Progress by dayokanu(m): 7:35pm On Dec 06, 2010
Mamagee cool
Re: Family Section Poster Of The Year 2010; Nomination In Progress by netotse(m): 12:34am On Dec 07, 2010
dayokanu:

Mamagee cool
may the Good Lord have mercy on you. . .lol

@thread
mama gee. . .

[size=5pt]ok ok. . .CC, who e for wan be before now?[/size]
Re: Family Section Poster Of The Year 2010; Nomination In Progress by OAM4J: 3:16am On Dec 08, 2010
I dont think there should be any contest this year. It has to be Chaircover again. cool
Re: Family Section Poster Of The Year 2010; Nomination In Progress by Busybody2(f): 10:13am On Dec 08, 2010
1) SISSY kiss Undeniably and without an atom of a doubt, Never gets in an argument, puts her always balanced view across in an unassuming logically and clearly manner, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera kiss

2) OUTSTRIP/JENNYKADRY/IFYALWAYS/UJUJOAN - For their ability to stick their neck out to say "you can still get married and don't have to be a doormat to have a happy home and that if anyone has to be babied and mollycuddled in a marriage, it should be the woman, as we are the fairer and weaker sex and the man is the bloody head of the union" angry angry angry

3) IVYNWA - Late addition to the family section with her "this username" tongue She gives terrific and well-balanced advice and has a lot of empathy which gives her the gift to put herself in the shoes of whomever she is advising and you can tell she is going to be a treasure and a gem to her Husband and her 3 sets of triplets cool
Re: Family Section Poster Of The Year 2010; Nomination In Progress by dayokanu(m): 1:17pm On Dec 08, 2010
Busy_body:

2) OUTSTRIP/JENNYKADRY/IFYALWAYS/UJUJOAN - For their ability to stick their neck out to say "you can still get married and don't have to be a doormat to have a happy home and that if anyone has to be babied and mollycuddled in a marriage, it should be the woman, as we are the fairer and weaker sex and the man is the bloody head of the union" angry angry angry

I thought their argument was mainly that men and women are equal in a marriage, How come the man is now the head?
Re: Family Section Poster Of The Year 2010; Nomination In Progress by ucnduka(f): 2:21pm On Dec 08, 2010
Most def Chaircover
Re: Family Section Poster Of The Year 2010; Nomination In Progress by Busybody2(f): 2:45pm On Dec 08, 2010
dayokanu:

I thought their argument was mainly that men and women are equal in a marriage, How come the man is now the head?

Nah, the understanding is that the man is the head, and IMHO my lord, but he does not have to go round postulating and beating his chest and strutting around like a peacock, whilst acting like a spoilt brat with an inbuilt mechanism to always be wayward.

See I know and understand that you men, especially those from our generation passionately wants and needs to be a good Husband, Father, provider, who loves their wives and children, is always there to meet their needs, have a happy home, etc and i see the desires and yearnings of male posters especially in this section, but what is the point if all they keep being faced with, is women themselves making excuses for their(men) bad behaviours and condoning it with their[i] foriti and farada mentality[/i], instead of making them face the music.

I don't advocate nagging, being disrespectful, talking down on one's Husband and being all up in the man's face, but surely there should be a balance of some sorts.
Re: Family Section Poster Of The Year 2010; Nomination In Progress by tigerpaws(f): 5:33pm On Dec 08, 2010
Change is good!  cool

Outstrip deserves it Most. .  kiss

I can't help but nominate a second ~sissy~  kiss
Re: Family Section Poster Of The Year 2010; Nomination In Progress by Outstrip(f): 3:14pm On Dec 09, 2010
Aww. You guys are sweet. I would have loved to nominate Chaircover though because she is usually fair (in most cases) LOL. She is like CNN - fair and unbiased. I also know a little about her from off the site and she is a woman that I know I can respect. Hardworking in and out of the home. I respect her and her trado modern views on family and raising kids. However there are some awesome women on here that just tickle me and I will actually take my time and review their posts LOL and decide which one I will nominate. I know my oversabi is too much
Re: Family Section Poster Of The Year 2010; Nomination In Progress by Betrayed(m): 4:06pm On Dec 09, 2010
I nominate Chaircover for the useful advice offered to me when I needed it most. I found it most appropriate
Re: Family Section Poster Of The Year 2010; Nomination In Progress by Iranoladun(f): 2:29pm On Dec 10, 2010
I nominate Mutter for her practical & mature advice sometime drawn from her real life experiences!
Re: Family Section Poster Of The Year 2010; Nomination In Progress by Ninapha(f): 4:33pm On Dec 10, 2010
CC the chairlady. She is good especially in troubled homes issues
Re: Family Section Poster Of The Year 2010; Nomination In Progress by gestapo(f): 4:40pm On Dec 10, 2010
Outstrip - cool

Sissy - kiss

Mutter - From her posts, you can tell she has fire in her belly but has succumbed and enslaven herself to her constant need for approval and the overwhelming need to play to the gallery lipsrsealed
Re: Family Section Poster Of The Year 2010; Nomination In Progress by gestapo(f): 4:46pm On Dec 10, 2010
Other sections were allowed 3 nominees each as part of the nomination stage so get back to the drawing board and report back to us sharp sharp angry tongue Or is it because we are females here hence should not even be voting and should be in the kitchen instead angry cheesy

tigerpaws:

Change is good! cool

Outstrip deserves it Most. . kiss

I can't help but nominate a second ~sissy~ kiss

What do yiou mean by "u can't help" angry abeg nominate 20 if you like jare, rules are meant to be broken hence the reason their is something called punishment cool
Re: Family Section Poster Of The Year 2010; Nomination In Progress by nike4luv(f): 6:54pm On Dec 10, 2010
Hello Gestapo,

I created the award nomination thread using other sections as a guideline. Hence, they all require one nomination from each member. I will only be picking the first nomination.

Also, i am a female as well so vote as you wish, just dont forget the dinner on the fire too cheesy
Re: Family Section Poster Of The Year 2010; Nomination In Progress by gestapo(f): 7:19pm On Dec 10, 2010
nike4luv:

Hello Gestapo,

I created the award nomination thread using other sections as a guideline. Hence, they all require one nomination from each member. I will only be picking the first nomination.

Also, i am a female as well so vote as you wish, just dont forget the dinner on the fire too cheesy

angry angry angry I knew it was because we were women angry I bet they already have a winner too angry Cos if you notice other sections have stopped voting and voting threads have dissappeared, and we are here feeling funky thinking we are being allowed to vote angry Chai,women don suffer embarassed embarassed

Aarrrrrggghhhh, i am vexed, I am on strike, no kitchen duty for a month, so my hubby dare not open his mouth to ask me for food tonight or for the next month otherwise na omorogun i go take redesign his face angry angry Wey my fellow women suffragettes, we must win this battle of the sexes angry angry cheesy cheesy
Re: Family Section Poster Of The Year 2010; Nomination In Progress by OAM4J: 7:54pm On Dec 10, 2010
gestapo:

angry angry angry I knew it was because we were women angry I bet they already have a winner too angry Cos if you notice other sections have stopped voting and voting threads have dissappeared, and we are here feeling funky thinking we are being allowed to vote angry Chai,women don suffer embarassed embarassed

Aarrrrrggghhhh, i am vexed, I am on strike, no kitchen duty for a month, so my hubby dare not open his mouth to ask me for food tonight or for the next month otherwise na omorogun i go take redesign his face angry angry Wey my fellow women suffragettes, we must win this battle of the sexes  angry angry cheesy cheesy   

Eeeeeeeeeeee thank God o! So you don finally get a man/hubby. . . He is a miracle working God! grin grin

BTW who is the unlucky man? is he a nairalander  grin grin
Re: Family Section Poster Of The Year 2010; Nomination In Progress by nike4luv(f): 8:08pm On Dec 10, 2010
gestapo:

Aarrrrrggghhhh, i am vexed, I am on strike, no kitchen duty for a month, so my hubby dare not open his mouth to ask me for food tonight or for the next month otherwise na omorogun i go take redesign his face angry angry Wey my fellow women suffragettes, we must win this battle of the sexes angry angry cheesy cheesy   

pull your claws in beautiful, nomination ends on the 16th, two weeks after i created the threads. of course it will be a different date depending on when the moderator creates their respective nomination threads smiley
Re: Family Section Poster Of The Year 2010; Nomination In Progress by rubi(f): 8:57pm On Dec 10, 2010
Iranoladun:

I nominate Mutter for her practical & mature advice sometime drawn from her real life experiences!

Me too . Although I don't agree in some of her post also she is very composed in her post which I respect & admire
Re: Family Section Poster Of The Year 2010; Nomination In Progress by gestapo(f): 10:47pm On Dec 10, 2010
nike4luv:

pull your claws in beautiful, nomination ends on the 16th, two weeks after i created the threads. of course it will be a different date depending on when the moderator creates their respective nomination threads smiley

No we no go gree angry Not good enough tongue We want the same rule and date and choice as the men tongue Otherwise we will borrow a leaf from those Ekiti State women and strip naked cheesy

OAM4J:

Eeeeeeeeeeee thank God o! So you don finally get a man/hubby. . . He is a miracle working God! grin grin

BTW who is the unlucky man? is he a nairalander grin grin

Man ke, i wish,he is only one small likkle bwoy like that tongue I met him on nairaland, it didn't work out, we decided to call it a day, it transpired our parents are friends and from the same place, now they are trying to do arranged marriage for us, how embarassing embarassed embarassed

UPDATE shocked

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=518368.msg7229727#msg7229727

(1) (2)

Seeking Nigeria Divorce Info Please / Confused Igbo First Son: Please Help / I Need A Family I Never Had One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.