Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,274 members, 7,807,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

Methodist Bishop Joins Abia Senatorial Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Methodist Bishop Joins Abia Senatorial Race (4087 Views)

Akpabio Wins Senatorial Race, APC Calls For Cancellation Of Polls / BREAKING NEWS! Orji Kalu Withdraws From Abia Senatorial Race / Keyamo Withdraws From Delta Senatorial Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Methodist Bishop Joins Abia Senatorial Race by Nchara: 3:52am On Dec 04, 2010
Methodist Bishop joins Abia senatorial race

News    Friday, December 3, 2010

Lagos-The Bishop of Evangelism and Discipleship, Methodist Church Nigeria, Rt. Rev. Sunday Onuoha, has declared his intention to contest a senatorial seat in Abia State.

Onuoha, who will be contesting the Abia North Senatorial seat under the platform of People's Democratic Party, PDP, seeks to unseat Senator Uche Chukwumerije.

advertisement
The clergy, who is also chairman, Vision Africa Radio (FM 101), Umuahia, announced his plan late on Wednesday at a fund-raising dinner organised by his friends in Lagos.

He told the News Agency of Nigeria, NAN, that he was bringing integrity, uprightness, exemplary living and experience to politics.

Onuoha had served under former President Olusegun Obasanjo as Special Adviser on Privatisation.

According to Onuoha, God has ordained him to proclaim freedom to Nigerians, hence his decision to go into politics which many perceive as dirty.

"If politics is dirty, it has to be washed. I know that there are clean people who entered into politics and came out clean, and I hope to follow their footsteps,'' he said.

Commenting on Onuoha's plan, Prof. Joe Irukwu, former Ohanaeze President, said the entrance of good men became necessary because of the degenerating quality of politics in Nigeria.

"I believe that politics and religion are concerned about human beings and how to make society better. I think the blend between religion and politics is a positive one.

"This is not the first time that I have seen the clergy trying to play a role in politics. So I think it is a positive development,'' Irukwu said.

According to him, the situation in Abia has been making many people uncomfortable.

Some of the dignitaries at the dinner were Elder Uma Eliazu, Group Managing Director, Nigeria Flour Mills; Dr Emmanuel Akwariukpabi, former Lay President, Methodist Conference of Nigeria; and Sir Remi Omotosho.

Others were Prof. Herbert Oji, MD, Suma Guaranty; Chief Theo Eke, former MD, Union Assurance Plc; Sir Ogala Osaka, MD, Nigerian Reinsurance and Eze James Ogbonnaya. (NAN)

http://allafrica.com/stories/201012030554.html
Re: Methodist Bishop Joins Abia Senatorial Race by Nchara: 3:53am On Dec 04, 2010
Prof. Joe Irukwu, former Ohanaeze President
Elder Uma Eleazu
Group Managing Director, Nigeria Flour Mills, Dr Emmanuel Akwari Ukpabi
Prof. Herbert Oji, MD, Suma Guaranty;
Chief Theo Eke, former MD, Union Assurance Plc
Sir Ogala Osaka, MD, Nigerian Reinsurance

Eze James Ogbonnaya

So all these bolded well-known Igbo bigwigs are from Abia but prefer to stay in Lagos and allow eediots like Orji Kalu and Theo Orji ruin Abia?
Re: Methodist Bishop Joins Abia Senatorial Race by Dukechimi: 12:47pm On Dec 04, 2010
[b][/b]i hope d man of God is not gonna soil his hands in his bid to wash Abia state / Nig. politics clean?
Re: Methodist Bishop Joins Abia Senatorial Race by mekay(m): 12:49pm On Dec 04, 2010
Nchara:

Prof. Joe Irukwu, former Ohanaeze President
Elder Uma Eleazu
Group Managing Director, Nigeria Flour Mills, Dr Emmanuel Akwari Ukpabi
Prof. Herbert Oji, MD, Suma Guaranty;
Chief Theo Eke, former MD, Union Assurance Plc
Sir Ogala Osaka, MD, Nigerian Reinsurance

Eze James Ogbonnaya

So all these bolded well-known Igbo bigwigs are from Abia but prefer to stay in Lagos and allow eediots like Orji Kalu and Theo Orji ruin Abia?

Can you imagine that!
Re: Methodist Bishop Joins Abia Senatorial Race by vicenzo(m): 1:04pm On Dec 04, 2010
ermm,didnt chris okotie say something similar to this,people should learn to do what they do best.
Re: Methodist Bishop Joins Abia Senatorial Race by Guyman02: 1:14pm On Dec 04, 2010
Abia MUST be rescued from the hands of those Okijarised Orjis and given back to the people. The State has suffered so much with a lot of dreams wasted. Abia people must insist on One Man One Vote to remove [b]T[/b]hief [b]A[/b]fter Orji and his cohorts from power. Abia Gov has become ADC to GEJ  following him like a leach to commission projects in other states except his own Abia and hoping that will help him to secure a second term,
Re: Methodist Bishop Joins Abia Senatorial Race by Guyman02: 1:28pm On Dec 04, 2010
Abia Choose ye today whom ye shall follow!!!!

Re: Methodist Bishop Joins Abia Senatorial Race by Boboribo: 1:41pm On Dec 04, 2010
I will make no further comment until he gets to the Senate and is faced with millions and does not compromise.
Re: Methodist Bishop Joins Abia Senatorial Race by 1025: 3:02pm On Dec 04, 2010
Abia MUST be rescued from the hands of those Okijarised Orjis and given back to the people. The State has suffered so much with a lot of dreams wasted. Abia people must insist on One Man One Vote to remove Thief After Orji and his cohorts from power. Abia Gov has become ADC to GEJ following him like a leach to commission projects in other states except his own Abia and hoping that will help him to secure a second term,

@guyman02,
i am from imo state, can we exchange governors?
come and take ohakim so that imo ppl will take orji.
do u know that our ohakim dey sale jobs to graduates who are not even sure of the jobs?
pdp is just the problem and nothing more
Re: Methodist Bishop Joins Abia Senatorial Race by chase4(m): 3:44pm On Dec 04, 2010
1025:

@guyman02,
do u know that our ohakim dey sale jobs to graduates who are not even sure of the jobs?

Be careful what you wish for because you might just get it.
Re: Methodist Bishop Joins Abia Senatorial Race by excanny: 5:21pm On Dec 04, 2010
1025:

@guyman02,

Dude, i'm absolutely disappointed in you that you could make this kind of suggestion? Dont you have standards? You should be looking for ways that would ensure that these men end up cooling their butts in jail. Please, there must be change, and it starts with getting rid of these shameless crackheads.
Re: Methodist Bishop Joins Abia Senatorial Race by NnamdiN: 7:17pm On Dec 04, 2010
excanny:

Dude, i'm absolutely disappointed in you that you could make this kind of suggestion? Dont you have standards? You should be looking for ways that would ensure that these men end up cooling their butts in jail. Please, there must be change, and it starts with getting rid of these shameless crackheads.
I don't think he actually meant it, I think he was just trying to say his own governor is equally bad. No sane human being would wish to have any of them.
Re: Methodist Bishop Joins Abia Senatorial Race by matazzmagi(m): 7:48pm On Dec 04, 2010
Abia state govt run's by thief and rituals.Aba was then known for manufacturing shoes bags textiles etc now run down by these vodooo governors,that have turn the place opprobrium for igbos.We shouldn stand up and take back our glory from these people they dont care for the common man on the streets looking for job to feed his familiy we should think wisely,
Re: Methodist Bishop Joins Abia Senatorial Race by sshalom(m): 11:35pm On Dec 04, 2010
About time we had people like Bishop around! I wish him God's speed
Re: Methodist Bishop Joins Abia Senatorial Race by almoner(m): 6:16am On Dec 05, 2010
Nigeria polity should not be a platform for mockery.

Though it is already so, but let's make it better
Re: Methodist Bishop Joins Abia Senatorial Race by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 05, 2010
Guys the problem of ABIA is not caused by these two ORJIs, but ORJI UZOR KALU's Mother, the woman need to free Abia. It is called "Gods own State" but evil men and women have taken over. They rule in Abia but live in Abuja and overseas, do we have a new Godly and capable guy who wanna redeem Abia masses
Re: Methodist Bishop Joins Abia Senatorial Race by 1025: 11:52am On Dec 05, 2010

@excanny,
if u are disappointed in me today, there is a possibility that u will be appointed in me tomorrow. tell me what makes u think ohakim is better than orji or in which areas do u think imo is better than abia.
most ppl here can tell u the problem of abia is the two orjis and some will say is kalu's mother but nobody can tell u the problem of imo state. what we have in imo state is peaceful sharing between the elites with nobody saying anything. the state has remain dormant since the departure of late sam mbakwe and that is far back 1983.
in a bold letter; PLEASE ABIA PEOPLE SHLD COME AND TAKE OHAKIM AND GIVE US THEORDORE ORJI.
where on earth have u seen a state gov selling job opportunities to poor graduates? ohakim is out there beating revrend fathers sending them to detention for obstructing his convoy, is that not madness. what will a gov be doing with a revrend father? shame of all shames.

I don't think he actually meant it, I think he was just trying to say his own governor is equally bad. No sane human being would wish to have any of them.

@NnamdiN,
if this is a sign of insanity, then i have settled for it. i mean every alphabet of that request.
abia ppl are not comfortable with the governance hence all these complain but in imo, anything goes as long as all the stakeholders get their shares at the end of every month and that is peaceful sharing. if tomorrow, abia joins the ruling party at the federal levels, nobody will hear all these complaints. i will remain insane until somebody tell me those areas ohakim use to be a better gov among the two.
it has been the case, from evan enwerem to achike udenwa down to ohakim, imo enjoys peace because the sharing is always peace among the big heads. the state has refused to grow in anything.
Re: Methodist Bishop Joins Abia Senatorial Race by Ramcie(f): 1:17pm On Dec 05, 2010
I wish the Bishop the best. I jst hope pdp wldnt tarnish his image.
Re: Methodist Bishop Joins Abia Senatorial Race by NnamdiN: 1:23pm On Dec 05, 2010
I get ur point bro 1025, the solution lies in US, the youths of the present generation. If only we can all stand up against this insanity. I have this strong convinction that our votes will count come 2011.
Re: Methodist Bishop Joins Abia Senatorial Race by slap1(m): 3:58pm On Dec 05, 2010
1025:

@excanny,
if u are disappointed in me today, there is a possibility that u will be appointed in me tomorrow. tell me what makes u think ohakim is better than orji or in which areas do u think imo is better than abia.
most ppl here can tell u the problem of abia is the two orjis and some will say is kalu's mother but nobody can tell u the problem of imo state. what we have in imo state is peaceful sharing between the elites with nobody saying anything. the state has remain dormant since the departure of late sam mbakwe and that is far back 1983.
in a bold letter; PLEASE ABIA PEOPLE SHLD COME AND TAKE OHAKIM AND GIVE US THEORDORE ORJI.
where on earth have u seen a state gov selling job opportunities to poor graduates? ohakim is out there beating revrend fathers sending them to detention for obstructing his convoy, is that not madness. what will a gov be doing with a revrend father? shame of all shames.

@NnamdiN,
if this is a sign of insanity, then i have settled for it. i mean every alphabet of that request.
abia ppl are not comfortable with the governance hence all these complain but in imo, anything goes as long as all the stakeholders get their shares at the end of every month and that is peaceful sharing. if tomorrow, abia joins the ruling party at the federal levels, nobody will hear all these complaints. i will remain insane until somebody tell me those areas ohakim use to be a better gov among the two.
it has been the case, from evan enwerem to achike udenwa down to ohakim, imo enjoys peace because the sharing is always peace among the big heads. the state has refused to grow in anything.
Bro, I thought you were joking o! Which part of Imo State are you from? Seriously, none of them is good enough for us.
Re: Methodist Bishop Joins Abia Senatorial Race by jensinmi(m): 8:02pm On Dec 05, 2010
This may be a good thing was what I initially thought when I read the first few sentences. That changed as soon as I saw that he wanted to run under PDP. shocked shocked

THIS BISHOP HAS ALREADY FAILED!!!

I seriously doubt that any person in today's nigeria with a clear conscience, much less a professed MAN-OF-GOD, will decide to run under the platform of[b] PDP [/b].

A Bishop serving under a political party of Brigands and Rogues.

PDP is the first choice for those who want to come to power by all means.

To that end, I pity this Bishop for he has decided to dine with the devil.

If you decide to dine with the devil, you best go find an extremely long spoon.
Re: Methodist Bishop Joins Abia Senatorial Race by ikkkkk: 10:04pm On Dec 05, 2010
The problem is will our votes count
Re: Methodist Bishop Joins Abia Senatorial Race by NnamdiN: 6:58am On Dec 06, 2010
We can't find out if we stay back home and no nofin. Give it a try first.
Re: Methodist Bishop Joins Abia Senatorial Race by caringchi(f): 9:47am On Dec 06, 2010
@1025
i dont think you know Abia State very well, there is not even one good road in the state, among other atrocities.
the two states might be bad or even 'dead' but u cant compare Abia with any other states because the state is worst than 'dead' (even there is anything like that)
pls dont wish to be there!
Re: Methodist Bishop Joins Abia Senatorial Race by Guyman02: 9:57am On Dec 06, 2010
Imo state has got better infrastructure than Abia. There is only one dual carriage way built in the State since the time of Mbakwe which runs from Abia tower to Okpara Square a distance of lessthan 2km. If Umuahia the state capital and Aba are the way you see them today, what will be the situation in the 21 LGA? Nothing, Nothing!!!
To get any appointment in the State till TA Orji quarelled with Eunice Orji Kalu you have to peel egusi (melon) for her and take a ritual oath,
All the people that the Gov gave taxis in the State have sold them to Rivers people because there is no road to use them in Abia. The only thing you see in Umuahia is yellow painted Keke Napep everywhere which is becoming an eye sore
Re: Methodist Bishop Joins Abia Senatorial Race by MrStrategy(m): 4:25pm On Dec 06, 2010

I know this man.
He has what it takes to unseat the current forces
and chart the course for sustainable change.

What we need now in Nigeria is to vote out the ruling cabal
and put in men that have been neutral
or unpolluted by the current disease in our polity.

Re: Methodist Bishop Joins Abia Senatorial Race by MrStrategy(m): 4:27pm On Dec 06, 2010

This will invariably weaken the strength of the remaining politicians.

Re: Methodist Bishop Joins Abia Senatorial Race by lordvamon(m): 12:01pm On Dec 07, 2010
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Methodist Bishop Joins Abia Senatorial Race by tunde121oke: 7:34pm On Dec 07, 2010
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh the lord is good
Re: Methodist Bishop Joins Abia Senatorial Race by HopeDemocr: 4:02am On Dec 08, 2010
In my opinion, the aspiration of the Mehodist Bishop portends well for Nigeria.
Let me explain.
If we want to see a greater nation emerge in our life time should we be canvassing for more righteousness in leadership or not?

You will agree with me that, we've had too many desperate outright looters rig elections into very sensitive offices for far too long.
Is this what we really need? No.
If we had more credible Nigerians in office, we would be a greater nation with more than enough food, adequate housing, functional hospitals to cater for our ever increasing population. But is that the case today?
It is projected we could be 213,000,000 by 2025 and 289,000,000 by 2050, in population.

I think we should over 350 righteous leaders, credible people, professionals and patriotic men and women in the National Assembly because they will most unlikely approve N10 million to N15 million monthly income for each member while minimum wage of N18,000 is a big issue.
I know some credible people are this forum.

As most posters have echoed, in 2011 we should present and vote for relatively clean, untainted people and more crucial, to register, vote and actually consider standing for elective offices.

At Hope Democratic Party,(HDP) we have a plan. We hope to field credible candidates in all local government areas during the 2011 elections. Also at the state and federal levels. Anyone can stand for elections on our platform and the best part is You don't have to be rich. Just be credible, bold and ready to work hard.
This is why.
For far too long politics has been hijacked by rich treasury looters. Not this time. This is your time. Our time.
You don't have to be rich. With proper organisation and the tools we have, you can win in your area.

HDP is backed by Nigerians at home and in diaspora.

Broadly speaking, we will promote the campaigns of all our candidates who must be ready to organising their people and communities starting NOW.
Like I said, I know there are credible candidates in this forum.
If you know any credible person who is well respected and upright in your area, encourage them to get involved and stand for office as a candidate.

This is a new day. We can't continue to permit the same grody things by the same depraved people and expect a better result.
Nigeria belongs to you to all of us. Let us stand for CHANGE by standing for election like the Methodist Bishop.
We need candidates of CHANGE at every level.
You don't have to be rich.
Our future is in our hands.

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right."
“Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose.”
“The greatest barrier to success is the fear of failure.”
“If you wait to do everything until you're sure it's right, you'll probably never do much of anything.”

Get ready to win the 2011 elections. You. Everyone of us must get ready to win the 2011 elections.
What will you do to win the 2011 elections for yourself? What do you want to do to win the 2011 elections?
HOPE HAS COME TO NIGERIA. BE THE CHANGE. RUN FOR OFFICE. FEAR NOT. JOIN HOPE!
Re: Methodist Bishop Joins Abia Senatorial Race by houvest: 9:38am On Dec 08, 2010
I do not think that he should replace Chukwumerije in the senate. Nigeria still needs him there. He should try and replace Oji.

(1) (Reply)

Suspected Boko Haram Agent Arrested In Ibadan / How Nzeogwu Shot Mum ......solape Ademulegun-agbi / If You Are GEJ, Can You Sack This Beutiful Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.