Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

This Benin Republic - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / This Benin Republic (2570 Views)

Buy Your Car From Benin Republic / Need Someone In Cotonou Benin Republic / Buy And Cross You Cars Nd Other Item Through Seme Border(benin Republic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Benin Republic by keyremotes(m): 12:55pm On Dec 05, 2010
I have been seeing this happen for the past 6 years.
But, what I saw this morning on my way to church in Otta made my heart bledd for this nation.

If you are an advocate of buying cars from Benin republic you will have a rethink.
The way these cars are smuggled into the contry is very frightening.

This morning, over 50 cars drove past us on Otta -Idiroko road at speed you can best imagine.
A lot of them that had developed problems on the way through bush paths and ilega routes were being towed by the ones that were still "alive".

The buyers of these cars will never know what the cars have been subjected to.
There is a guy I met who bought a BMW from there. 3 weeks after receiving the car, the engine knocked.
It was discovered that the engine was worked on when it arrived here.

How much do Nigerians really save when they buy cars from Benin republic?
Is it really worth the trouble?
How long will they keep running from customs?

They very first day I saw this in 2004, I made up my mind that i will never buy anycar from there.
I cannot bare the thought of my car going through all the bashing.
I cannot afford the heart ache of waiting for the car to be delivered when I can go to Western Avenue or even Tin Can and pay for my car and drive home with peace of mind.
Re: This Benin Republic by bigfather(m): 1:10pm On Dec 05, 2010
Thank God for GEJ o !
Re: This Benin Republic by keyremotes(m): 1:47pm On Dec 05, 2010
big father:

Thank God for GEJ o !
Will that stop these guys?
Well, I pray it will.
Re: This Benin Republic by BizBooks(m): 1:54pm On Dec 05, 2010
keyremotes:

Will that stop these guys?
Well, I pray it will.

I think Big Father is referring to the fact that GEJ has increased the age of vehicles that can be imported into Nigeria from 10 to 15 years. We would no longer have to import such cars through Cotonou.
Re: This Benin Republic by keyremotes(m): 2:08pm On Dec 05, 2010
BizBooks:

I think Big Father is referring to the fact that GEJ has increased the age of vehicles that can be imported into Nigeria from 10 to 15 years. We would no longer have to import such cars through Cotonou.
I know.
I hope it will make it unatractive to go to Cotonou.

(1) (Reply)

1998 Nissan Maxima Qx For Quick-sale: N500k / 1997 Honda Civic / A Nigerian Used 2001 Model Nissan Pathfinder Forsale..............

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.