Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,171 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

Nigeria To sell 3 Presidential Jets - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To sell 3 Presidential Jets (3372 Views)

FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months / GEJ Still Flies Presidential Jets? / PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria To sell 3 Presidential Jets by EFCC1(m): 9:12am On Dec 06, 2010
Indications emerged on Sunday that the Federal Government had concluded plans to sell three of the aircraft in the Presidential Air Fleet.

The aircraft are a Hawker 125-800, Falcon 900B and Gulfstream IV.

Consequently, a panel set up under the Office of the National Security Adviser has put up the three jets for sale through an invitation to tender. It was contained in the Thursday edition of the Federal Government’s Tenders in Nigeria Journal.

The notice, which was signed by the panel’s Secretary, Mr. Basil Udota, reads in part, “Tenders are hereby invited from prospective buyers of a nine-seater + three crew seater Hawker 125-800 executive aircraft (otherwise known as HS 125-800), which is currently in the use of the Presidential Air Fleet and registered as 5N-AGZ.

“Tenders are hereby invited from prospective buyers of a 16 seater + three crew seater Falcon 900B executive aircraft, which is currently in the use of the Presidential Air Fleet and registered as 5N-FGO.

“Tenders are hereby invited from prospective buyers of a 14 seater + three crew seater Gulfstream IV executive aircraft (otherwise known as GIV) which is currently in the use of the Presidential Air Fleet and registered as 5N-FGP.”

According to the journal, all tenders must be submitted in a sealed envelope to the Office of the Secretary to the Panel on the Sale of Three Presidential Aircraft in the NSA’s Office on or before Tuesday.

The tender stated that the aircraft would be available for inspection by all interested bidders at the Presidential Wing of the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja on appointment.

According to the advertisement, two of the aircraft were manufactured in 1990 while one was manufactured in 1988. The jets were said to be in good condition.

When contacted on the telephone on Sunday, Udota confirmed the development but said he could only speak after the sale of the aircraft. The Special Adviser to the President on Aviation Matters, Capt. Shehu Iyal, did not pick calls to his phone.

However, THE PUNCH learnt that the sale might not be unconnected with the proposed acquisition of new aircraft by the Federal Government.
http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201012061322351

The Federal Government are Planning on how to Sell three of its presidential aeroplane.
i just heard over radio news and i was wondering how many they got.
Re: Nigeria To sell 3 Presidential Jets by strangerf: 9:21am On Dec 06, 2010
fisty two
Re: Nigeria To sell 3 Presidential Jets by MaJBlige(f): 9:25am On Dec 06, 2010
FG to sell three presidential jets

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201012061322351

I bet you will start screaming how wrong it is.
Re: Nigeria To sell 3 Presidential Jets by EFCC1(m): 9:32am On Dec 06, 2010
thanks for the link @Ma_J_Blige
Re: Nigeria To sell 3 Presidential Jets by disreason: 11:31am On Dec 06, 2010
What has that got to do with us
Re: Nigeria To sell 3 Presidential Jets by slap1(m): 11:59am On Dec 06, 2010
Owuite?
Re: Nigeria To sell 3 Presidential Jets by Eemah(m): 12:01pm On Dec 06, 2010
Tell us when the will FG have jobs for the teaming youths that are being churned out of the Universities annually ? & not dis cos it's no news item as far as am concerned.
Re: Nigeria To sell 3 Presidential Jets by slap1(m): 12:02pm On Dec 06, 2010
disreason:

Start arranging money to buy one. Xmas is around the corner.
Re: Nigeria To sell 3 Presidential Jets by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 06, 2010
I hope the sale will be transparent. Not that they sell a plane to one influential politician for the price of a canoe
Re: Nigeria To sell 3 Presidential Jets by JUO(m): 3:04pm On Dec 06, 2010
good if is through
Re: Nigeria To sell 3 Presidential Jets by ladi02(m): 3:11pm On Dec 06, 2010
Can i bid, i am in need of a Private Jet urgently! grin

or is it only for NASS members?
Re: Nigeria To sell 3 Presidential Jets by na2day1: 3:25pm On Dec 06, 2010
I Want One!
Re: Nigeria To sell 3 Presidential Jets by Jakumo(m): 3:51pm On Dec 06, 2010
I'll take the Gulfstream, but ONLY if a part trade can be worked out with my lowered '62 Chevy Impala, and that the jet comes with a written guarantee confirming I will get laid more often.
Re: Nigeria To sell 3 Presidential Jets by daroz(m): 4:09pm On Dec 06, 2010
How much they wan sell the 3 jets? I am interested
Re: Nigeria To sell 3 Presidential Jets by IbroYaya: 4:09pm On Dec 06, 2010
When they buy they complain, when they sell they still complain.  kai!!! This people sef. I tire oooo.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria To sell 3 Presidential Jets by babsmii(m): 5:09pm On Dec 06, 2010
then they will decide to replace with the latest, i no fit stop to dey laugh
Re: Nigeria To sell 3 Presidential Jets by violent(m): 5:29pm On Dec 06, 2010
Ibro Yaya:

When they buy they complain, when they sell they still complain.  kai!!! This people sef. I tire oooo.
grin grin grin grin grin

and who is complaining here? i advise you take it easy on the beer
Re: Nigeria To sell 3 Presidential Jets by EFCC1(m): 6:03pm On Dec 06, 2010
disreason:

who are u asking? angry
Me?
Federal Government?
Nairaland?
or The Medial?
Re: Nigeria To sell 3 Presidential Jets by flyuche(m): 6:23pm On Dec 06, 2010
FG is really broke. these politicians are milking us dry.
Re: Nigeria To sell 3 Presidential Jets by Redman44(m): 6:32pm On Dec 06, 2010
They should invest the money realised from the sale of the jets into the development of the country. I won't be happy if the money is diverted into the pockets and bank accounts of our looter-leaders If the FG is selling 3 Presidential jets, how many jets does the presidency really have? cry cry cry How many jets does the office of the British Prime Minister have? Most of our leaders are hard hearted goons. God help us lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria To sell 3 Presidential Jets by Dukechimi: 8:24pm On Dec 06, 2010
Dis is gud cos we dont need much of dose jets. I hope say no be Moni 4 campaign dem dey find?
Re: Nigeria To sell 3 Presidential Jets by safariman(m): 8:30pm On Dec 06, 2010
The planes will be sold to Bankole and David Mark with the third one to be used for spare parts
Re: Nigeria To sell 3 Presidential Jets by naijacutee(f): 8:32pm On Dec 06, 2010
What a coincidence! I found 3 jets for sale, located in Abuja here on Nairaland.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-559709.0.html
Re: Nigeria To sell 3 Presidential Jets by Asum: 10:33pm On Dec 06, 2010
Another opportunity to sell government assets to friends and cronies.
Re: Nigeria To sell 3 Presidential Jets by violent(m): 11:16pm On Dec 06, 2010
Asum:

Another opportunity to sell government assets to friends and cronies.

and who do you suggest he sells em to?
Re: Nigeria To sell 3 Presidential Jets by strangerf: 6:12am On Dec 07, 2010
violent:

and who do you suggest he sells em to?

To his Ibo friends of course!
Re: Nigeria To sell 3 Presidential Jets by Ikengawo: 7:18am On Dec 07, 2010
can anyone in your queer tribe afford a jet?
Re: Nigeria To sell 3 Presidential Jets by wazobiang: 9:08am On Dec 07, 2010
ha ha! i just bought one of them!
Re: Nigeria To sell 3 Presidential Jets by daphil: 12:01pm On Dec 07, 2010
Three Presidential Jets for sale?

I hope it is for the betterment of our country and not for personal gain!
Re: Nigeria To sell 3 Presidential Jets by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 07, 2010
I hope to get one, so I can impress those chicks around my cribs
Re: Nigeria To sell 3 Presidential Jets by apoti(m): 3:26pm On Dec 07, 2010
disreason:

In case u want to buy one wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

NDDC To Build 3 Swimming Pools In ND To Promote Swimming As A Sport / Half-Unclad Women Protest Against Shell in Bayelsa (PICTURE) / Fashola Should Stop Running His Mouth, He’s A Product Of God-fatherism–ayo Fayos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.